• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks for posting the pictures Greta!:thumb_yello:

wonderful colours and beautiful girls :thumb_yello:

Our girls!:wub2:

And they were so good on stage, dancing like they’ve done it many times before!

Thanks Greta

I cant think of a better time you know .. the girls on stage , backstage meetup just a few of us , drinkies , sun ....

Ohh and Mika .. and Morrisey :wub2:

Happy Happy times!!:punk:

O, the memories!:wub2:

freddie

i received a newsletter, maybe you are interested :wink2::

I LOVE THE 90'S & I LOVE THE 80'S

Friday 10th October: Carling Academy Islington (over 18s only)

On the second Friday of every month Carling Academy Islington transports you back to your childhood and becomes a house of fun! We take you back to the 80s and 90s with special guest DJs playing out your favourite 80s and 90s tunes over two rooms. To be in with a chance of winning tickets for you and three friends, send the answer to the question below with your full name to competitions@islington-academy.co.uk

Q. What is Morrissey's full name?

Tickets available online @ http://www.ticketweb.co.uk

if you think this post is spam for the forum tell me and i will erase it...:thumb_yello:

i dont work for ticketweb :naughty:

freddie

i received a newsletter, maybe you are interested :wink2::

I LOVE THE 90'S & I LOVE THE 80'S

Friday 10th October: Carling Academy Islington (over 18s only)

On the second Friday of every month Carling Academy Islington transports you back to your childhood and becomes a house of fun! We take you back to the 80s and 90s with special guest DJs playing out your favourite 80s and 90s tunes over two rooms. To be in with a chance of winning tickets for you and three friends, send the answer to the question below with your full name to competitions@islington-academy.co.uk

Q. What is Morrissey's full name?

Tickets available online @ http://www.ticketweb.co.uk

if you think this post is spam for the forum tell me and i will erase it...:thumb_yello:

i dont work for ticketweb :naughty:

:roftl:

Im the man for that question!!!

Thanks

Sounds like my perfect night:punk:

i'm glad to be usefull for my favourite administrator.....:bow:

favourite? of course, in this moment........ because you are the only lonely one administrator i know :roftl:

enjoy the competition :thumb_yello:

Awwwwwwwwww .. hold on!! , I didnt really win :roftl:

I can take 3!! ohhh interesting

Now whats his real name :naughty::thumb_yello:

• 4 weeks later...

Just found an interview on Dailymotion, partly in Spanish, which I don't really understand; the funny thing is that when Mika, who speaks Spanish quite fluently, can't find a word, he often comes up with a French or Italian one (bloody Latin languages !).

During that interview he half promises an Argentinian fan who has come just for the FIB gig that he will probably tour Latin America next year, for the second album. Good for them, they were beginning to feel really frustrated.

Id3

• 1 month later...

Hi everyone!

I’m one of the 4 people who entered the M&G in Madrid not being in the list. During the gig I was next to Robertina (I heard her introducing herself to that guy who gave Mika a chain), I’m sure she can remember. I thought she was nice asking me about Benicàssim and telling me the Big Girls were her friends. I’m also sure she knows pretty well there was no pushing at all for my part during the show.

Only one of the other girls is a friend of mine (who happens to be a registered MFCer and WAS at the time: PurpleCat), I hardly knew the third one and never before until that day had met the fourth.

So I speak on behalf of PurpleCat and my own self.

We really can’t believe some things we’ve read here. It seems that we were in different spheres at the same time. It’s true that people were pushing insanely, but we were also being pushed. If we did push anyone, it was certainly not on purpose. Sorry for the girl who got her rib hurt, hope it was nothing serious. We were startled as we heard her crying from behind and didn’t know what was wrong, since we didn’t understand what she was saying.

Two girls told us it was a private meeting. We didn’t answer badly, we just said ok and decided not to leave and see what happened, not being our intention to gatecrash at any moment. That guy, Freddie I think, started to count people. It seemed to me that, after having all MFC members in, there was still room for a few people more, so after some begging, he let me in. He did, so I didn’t enter without permission. Thank you!! Once in, some people pointed at us while telling security guards we shouldn’t be there. They didn’t ask us out, nor did John, who saw us clearly and answered to our hellos. I don’t know if he remembered us from the day before in Benicàssim, for we were 18 hours waiting for Mika, who, by the way, said “hasta mañana” ("see you tomorrow") as he was leaving.

We would really like to know what you’d have done being in our place…

We didn’t see people climbing over barriers. If there were, it was not us, certainly.

No one told us how to behave and no one scared us. We were just said not to ask for pics. We know perfectly well how to behave and need no instructions. It wasn’t the first time we met him.

We don’t hate anyone, since we don’t know you, and don’t really get why we ought to, and we have never ever had problems with other fans in the past. We’re not “troublemakers” at all, but peacemakers instead. Maybe you are mistaking us for somebody else? Honestly, we don’t know what this is all about. We haven’t insulted anyone, ever.

What else? We didn’t push our way to the front to get to him first, it just happened we were closer to the point from where he approached the group. And we didn’t follow him as he was leaving. The girl we hardly knew (she was accidentally there, for she had come to see Morrisey) asked him for kisses and he said “por supuesto” (“of course”). We were next to them and had them too, that’s all.

We didn’t intend to jump on anyone’s conversation. We just had our own moment, deserved or not, like everybody else.

I’m not completely sure about this, for I was far from them, but I think someone told Mika there were non MFC members there and his response was that was not a problem at all.

So… sorry if someone felt bad because of our attendance, even though we are convinced it didn’t affect the meeting at all. As someone already said, we think a mountain has been made of a molehill. Things have been hugely exaggerated, in our opinion.

Just to finish.

It’s a long time since I first started to visit your forum for news and stuff, and think it’s great. I see you’re all very proud of belonging to this MFC, and have lots of fun.

Why have I never registered so far? There are two major reasons: firstly, it’s not very easy for me to express myself fluently in English, so I think it’s hard for me to chat nicely with people, unfortunately; and secondly… let’s say I’m not keen on belonging to ANY club whatsoever, but if to avoid these annoying situations in the future I must take part in it, then no doubt you’re right at saying next time I’ll be registered (I am, indeed).

Anyway, if not welcome, I hope to be respected. I know we do respect you all, for that’s what we’ve always done. Believe us, it was not our intention to be rude (and we weren’t) nor to offend anyone. Keep on thinking Mika fans are Mika fans no matter they belong to the MFC or not, though…

Ciao!

Merry-Christmas-with-tree.gif

Hi!

I’m the other girl who entered the M&G in Madrid.

I totally agree with every single word Leire has said.

We’ve read a lot of things that we can’t understand how people can say. Even from people who weren’t there at that time.

I’ve been a registered MFCer since a year as you can see on my profile, so obviously I was when the M&G took place.

After the concert, when Freddie was counting the people and I was near to him, I was asked my nick and I told him. But I didn’t appear in the list because I didn’t even know there was one. So, what could we do to enter the M&G if we didn’t know we needed to be in a list? Was that list public in the MFC forum? I think all of us are equal fans, no matter if we are registered or not. And I don’t think Mika would be proud of this kind of things between his fans.

I don’t want to discuss who deserved it better, but we were the only ones who had been the day before in Benicàssim, where we waited for him for 18 hours. We told Mika we’d see him next day in Madrid and he told us “hasta mañana”. We hadn’t slept anything in almost 3 days to see him in the first row in both places and meet him. So I think that’s a real proof of being a fan.

By the way... we even stood in the first row some hours before Mika’s gig and had to listen to My Bloody Valentine from there and suffer all the pushing! It was a nightmare!

During the concert there was no pushing at all because we were all in the first row, so it would be meaningless. Besides, we wouldn’t have pushed anyone in any case. And we didn’t say anything, bad or good, to any fan because we were only watching Mika.

After the concert, we just waited our turn to enter. We weren’t rude and, of course, we didn’t jump over barriers and we didn’t see anybody doing it. We all were being pushed, but there was nothing serious. I suddenly heard a girl screaming away from us, but I thought it was because she was nervous. We didn’t force anything, we just waited.

John didn’t ask us to go out because maybe he realized we had been waiting for hours the day before because we talked several times during those hours.

We didn’t spoil the M&G and our attendance wasn’t a problem for anybody. We are quiet fans, and weren’t going to take pics, or ask for autographs because we already had, so we needn’t. So we would’ve behaved the same way although we hadn’t been said not to do it.

We were the first to talk to Mika because we were closer to him. We just talked and, after that, we stood in our place and we didn’t open our mouths.

I can’t understand how some of you can say we’ve had problems with you. When? Leire and I have never ever talked to you. It can't be the way we act everytime with you because we've never met or talked, so I hope we can clear it up.

We don’t want to have problems with any of you and we don’t have anything against you.

We haven’t answered before because we hadn’t read that part of the thread until now. We don’t have much time to read everything that is written in the forum, but we hope we can solve it now :)

See you!

Why have I never registered so far? There are two major reasons: firstly, it’s not very easy for me to express myself fluently in English, so I think it’s hard for me to chat nicely with people, unfortunately; and secondly… let’s say I’m not keen on belonging to ANY club whatsoever, but if to avoid these annoying situations in the future I must take part in it, then no doubt you’re right at saying next time I’ll be registered (I am, indeed).

I can't really address all your points because I was not in Madrid but I wanted to say that you have exceptional English skills so do not be shy about posting! I would not have known English is not your first language.

We have been at a sort of in-between officiality stage over the past year but in the future these kinds of meetings are likely to be formalized so it will benefit you to be a member of the fan club.

So, what could we do to enter the M&G if we didn’t know we needed to be in a list? Was that list public in the MFC forum? I think all of us are equal fans, no matter if we are registered or not.

Yes the list was public. Being the "biggest fan" had nothing to do with who was permitted into the meet and greet.

Freddie arranged this meet and greet for people on MFC that had RSVPed to the event. He had to negotiate the numbers with John before the concert because John was only offering a limited number of places into the meet and greet. In fact initially it appeared that half the people on the RSVP list would not be allowed in and the places would be decided by random ballot.

In the end Freddie was successful in getting everyone's name on the list, but if you do not participate in MFC on a regular basis and do not RSVP to an event or otherwise let us know in advance that you will be attending then we can't be held responsible for your entry.

I totally agree with every single word Leire has said.

Thanks, PurpleCat!! I know we do... :wink2:

I would not have known English is not your first language.

Thank you, Christine!! It took me a while to finish the message, had to think a lot how to express what I wanted to say...

And thanks also for your good advice! :thumb_yello:

Welcome to the MFC LeiRe, and welcome back PurpleCat :bye:

Thank you too, Wendi!!

Just a note on the M and G ladies .....

MFC arranged this .. I posted a thread , or at least a message in here asking for names ..

If I remember we had 20 names at the time and I recognised most people , if you remember rightly there was a crush trying to get people in and it was actually very difficult to fully understand who was who to be honest.

Looking back we should of had name badges and organised it different I suppose , saying that sometimes you gotta launch and learn :thumb_yello:

You can imagine only being allowed 20 people and being faced with a sea of faces how tough this actually was ....

As for climbing over the barriers , Pam actually came over to me and said people were doing this ..... I didnt actually see it

Madrid was a massive success for us , the list was public for anyone to add their names and we got most in.

It had nothing to do with "biggest fan" at all , this wasnt even considered ..... of you put your name forward then you should of got in

Edited by FREDDIESDOUBLE

So, what could we do to enter the M&G if we didn’t know we needed to be in a list? Was that list public in the MFC forum? I think all of us are equal fans, no matter if we are registered or not.

Yes the list was public. Being the "biggest fan" had nothing to do with who was permitted into the meet and greet.

Freddie arranged this meet and greet for people on MFC that had RSVPed to the event. He had to negotiate the numbers with John before the concert because John was only offering a limited number of places into the meet and greet. In fact initially it appeared that half the people on the RSVP list would not be allowed in and the places would be decided by random ballot.

In the end Freddie was successful in getting everyone's name on the list, but if you do not participate in MFC on a regular basis and do not RSVP to an event or otherwise let us know in advance that you will be attending then we can't be held responsible for your entry.

Lately I've read most of the thread and I haven't read anywhere anything about an arranged M&G or an official list to enter. But, as I've said before, John allowed us to enter, he was in front of us and answered to our greetings.

I'll try to participate in the forum more often, but I don't have much time to follow all the threads because, fortunately, a lot of people chat here.

Lately I've read most of the thread and I haven't read anywhere anything about an arranged M&G or an official list to enter. But, as I've said before, John allowed us to enter, he was in front of us and answered to our greetings.

I'll try to participate in the forum more often, but I don't have much time to follow all the threads because, fortunately, a lot of people chat here.

I dont think you will find anything about arrangments for the meet the greet in this thread , as this is the report thread ... the arrangements were made in the original GiG thread i think :thumb_yello:

Edited by mikas_gal07

Its all in here .. feel free to read

http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13625&highlight=MADRID

Just a note on the M and G ladies .....

MFC arranged this .. I posted a thread , or at least a message in here asking for names ..

You can imagine only being allowed 20 people and being faced with a sea of faces how tough this actually was ....

As for climbing over the barriers , Pam actually came over to me and said people were doing this ..... I didnt actually see it

The message was in the original thread FD which is the one in the calendar.

And people did jump over the fence, they nearly knocked me to the ground when they did it.

I appreciate how hard it was to get us in as we very nearly didn't and Jemma had 2 broken ribs into the bargain.

Well, obviously, this is a problem we all have. The forum is so busy. we can't possibly read everything. However even when important things have been posted and sticky on the front page, people still don't read them so there is no other way to ensure that you read what you need to read than to keep yourself as up to date as you can.

I also find that as I have made friends on the forum through regular use, people text, email and pm me if they think there's anything I would be interested in. It's not just about the forum, it's also about contacts and networks.

Edited by babspanky