The Australian Thread: Part Fifteen

Rainbow Sky

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you get anything like Weetbix in France? (Sorry if this is a dumb question, I have no idea what's available in different countries)

I do know something that's called Weetabix, must be the same :naughty:

It's not dumb, food in Australia and in France must be quite different from each other! We don't have vegemit here (but I guess that's only down under :naughty:)

I do know something that's called Weetabix, must be the same :naughty:

It's not dumb, food in Australia and in France must be quite different from each other! We don't have vegemit here (but I guess that's only down under :naughty:)

You don't want it there either.. :naughty:

And it's vegemite *points to e on the end* :lol3:

Gonna get off here and go wash the dishes... Talk to you all later...

Bye:bye:

See you!xx

hahah. Well there's alot of pedants in this thread that love a good typo :bleh:

especially OkD.. and she's one of our biggest typo-ists. :rolls_eyes:

Seeya CD! :bye:

Haha! Gotta go too,bye Keeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeelzzzz :cool:

Ooooooooo ....Ok . Have you heard of (what I & many consider) to be the BEST instant cure for burns ?? It's a herbal cream ... both know as 'ROSA' or 'Scarless Healer' .... can get it from most health food stores & some chemists.

It has Hypericum, Calendula & Aloe Vera extracts in it . I have been using it since 1982 ! Friends who worked on film sets told me about it then .... stunt men/women use it on 3rd degree burns ! For best affect , cool burn first & then dab/rub on immediately .

Too bad I don't have any... I did runsome cold water on my legs and hand... I don't think I did it for long enough, my hand is a little bit red... and my legs hurt (but that could be cause the material is rubbing against the burns)...

You want to know what happens on Wednesdays? *das*

:lmfao: lmfao at the both of you.

YOUCH!

Yes... yes I do :das:...

Thanks! I thought it was amusing...

Yeah... it was... I said the F word a lot.... then mum said I shouldn't be swearing :sneaky2:... was tempted to say "How about I pour this jug full of boiling water on your legs?"

Teegs!:huglove:

Thanks CD...

oooooh... that might sting! :naughty:

P1050730.jpg

P1050741.jpg

P1050738.jpg

P1050744.jpg

Probably all that food colouring.

Raise your hand if you've got green poo?? anyone??

:naughty:

Nope... thats just plain rainbow cake.. I don't think our safeways sells those though.... Ritchies does.

And no cake on the 18th *hmph* I shall make it friday or sunday *toothy smile*

If I can be bothered that is :zhhz:

Well look at you - you even figured out the day it's on! I hadn't :naughty:

One of the things I don't like about the MFC. Its discretion

Esp in public places where everyone eavesdrop on what you're doing..

:crybaby:

Not a lot actually.

3/4 cup of sugar

1 cup dried fruit of your choice (I find mixed dried fruit with the glace cherries in is the nicest)

1 cup of milk

3 Weetbix, crumbled

1 cup self raising flour

Combine the first four ingredients in a bowl and leave for 1 hour. Then sift in the flour. Mix well. Pour into a greased loaf tin. Bake at 150 degrees C for 45-50 mins.

Extremely simple! And so sweet it really doesn't need icing. Sometimes it can be a little doughy in the middle and it's a fairly heavy cake, but I love it like that. Mmmmmm!

But it sounds so weird/gross! What is it actually like? Why would anyone want to make a cake out of weetbix? Do you have a picture?

Did I mention I'm actually eating icing as we speak?

Hahahaha!

I do know something that's called Weetabix, must be the same

It's not dumb, food in Australia and in France must be quite different from each other! We don't have vegemit here (but I guess that's only down under)

Yeah! Weetabix are the same, I think they're a bit smaller though.

hahah. Well there's alot of pedants in this thread that love a good typo

especially OkD.. and she's one of our biggest typo-ists.

*pbs*

Hi Everyone!

I am pretty sure I used that on my leg when I sliced it open at work when I was 15.

Did you ? Did you find that it worked wonders ??

:lmfao:

Too bad I don't have any... I did runsome cold water on my legs and hand... I don't think I did it for long enough, my hand is a little bit red... and my legs hurt (but that could be cause the material is rubbing against the burns)...

Yes... yes I do :das:...

Oh ... Teegs, best to have no fabric contacting the burns .... :boxed: ... if at all possible ... go & buy the cream tomorrow .... shouldn't cost much ... about $7 (?) .... I ALWAYS store that & Arnica cream (for bumps & bruises) in my medicine kit ! :thumb_yello:

I guess we'll find out about 'Miss kitty Wednesday' tomorrow ! :wink2:

Oh ... Teegs, best to have no fabric contacting the burns .... :boxed: ... if at all possible ... go & buy the cream tomorrow .... shouldn't cost much ... about $7 (?) .... I ALWAYS store that & Arnica cream (for bumps & bruises) in my medicine kit ! :thumb_yello:

Yeah well... I could do that.. but I ain't walking around the house in my undies!

I don't want people seeing what colour my undies are!

The burns are pretty high up on my legs... :blink:

They're feeling okay at the moment... I'm trying to keep the fabric from touching my legs...

Yeah well... I could do that.. but I ain't walking around the house in my undies!

I don't want people seeing what colour my undies are!

The burns are pretty high up on my legs... :blink:

They're feeling okay at the moment... I'm trying to keep the fabric from touching my legs...

:roftl: Fair enough ! Dressing gown ? Sarong ? It's also not too late for ice ... haha ... listen to me sounding just like a mama .... :blush-anim-cl::wub2:

OMG! OkD!!

I can't believe you just photoshot your cake at all it's best and worst angles. :roftl:

P1050738.jpg

btw, this is the best photo.

And why didn't you raise your hand to my question? :naughty:

Well look at you - you even figured out the day it's on! I hadn't

grrr!! And so I had to look at the calendar and I know it's on a Monday now.. Monkey Monday..

I guess we'll find out about 'Miss kitty Wednesday' tomorrow !

Whack a Willy Wednesday.. :naughty:

Don't own a dressing gown... could wear a sarong, but I haven't shaved my legs for a while :blush-anim-cl:

:das: O, rly??

Sounds like you're having a "Chicken Run" moment! ("It's all in me 'ead, it's all in me 'ead!")

!

We actually had chickens at one stage and one friends came running in one day, because apparently the chickens had formed a circle around her when

Only reason I know the day :zhhz:

Well one parent is still up... I really should be going to bed... I was going to go at 10:30, but i want my 6969 posts! :das:

Oh, did you see my reading that Kelz did?

Older man!

No, not yet !! *goes to look*

Whack a Willy Wednesday.. :naughty:

:das: O, rly??

:lmfao: WWW !!! TMI !!! Perhaps tell that ol' cowboy tomorrow when he rahds back into town .... :wink2:

Mike likes fur .... :das::lmfao: