The Australian Thread: Part Fifteen

Rainbow Sky

I love tree frogs

I love them too! I have one tattooed on me with a little vine and butterfly next to him.

Here is the cake I made for my oldest son last year... I want some of that nerve ending though!

foodbygreentea.jpg

and this is just fun to look at

skmika3.gif

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I love them too! I have one tattooed on me with a little vine and butterfly next to him.

Here is the cake I made for my oldest son last year... I want some of that nerve ending though!

foodbygreentea.jpg

and this is just fun to look at

skmika3.gif

I was worried that I was the only one who liked to make strange cakes.:naughty: That one's cool! Good job!

That slideshow has me thrown for a loop...Mika overload.:hypo:

OD... I want your cake *plans to make rainbow marble cake sometime soon*

I would tonight, but I got called into work.

And we aussies are too lazy for frosting/icing :naughty:... when I buy the cakes from the store they have icing on.... but at home i usually try the cake before its cool enough to ice :wink2:

And we aussies are too lazy for frosting/icing :naughty:... when I buy the cakes from the store they have icing on.... but at home i usually try the cake before its cool enough to ice :wink2:

:naughty:

For me, it's just not complete unless there's icing. Too dry.

How are you today, Soy?

Okay, so I got impatient and tried to take it out of the tin. Too soon.

P1050718.jpg

YOU :shocked: BAKED SOMETHING???? AND IT TASTES GOOD???

OMG!! At least you'll never go hungry again.

Tell me, young Martha Stewart, did you grease the cake tin?

OMG it's ebola cake see the similarities? image?id=8531&rendTypeId=4

:roftl: Yes!

Afternoon Everyone.

OkD, I hope you survived the night after eating your Ebola Cake.

I noticed something...no icing or frosting on any of those cakes. Is that an aussie thing or were they just too lazy to put any on?:blink:

:naughty:

For me, it's just not complete unless there's icing. Too dry.

I am a huge sweet tooth. I love icing. I love it so much I've been known to make a bowl of icing to consume without bothering to make the cake. But that's actually too sweet, it really needs cake. So mostly I think of cake as the vehicle by which I eat icing,,,, BUT! There are some cakes that I just don't ice, cos that would be sooo wrong. Like Weetbix cake. Like my Lemon Curd cake. Like Pineapple Upside Down cake.

Marble cake on the other hand, in my opinion, should have icing!! Pink icing. *nods emphatically*

Oh and when you wrote Rainbow Cake, Soy, I thought of those tiered cakes that you can get at Woolies where the top tier is pink, then vanilla, then chocolate and there is mock cream between each layer and the same on top.

Hello!

I had a fantastically positioned computer where no one could see what I was doing, started MQing, and then some rude person walked in and ordered everyone out because they were having a class there :crybaby:

And now I have a computer in the most open part of the library and it's basically just facing the entire world. So I had to turn off all pictures, but damn that stupid obnoxiously obvious banner.

And what happens if they're not blessed? Does it turn into "The School From Hell" Do demonic hands reach out from the sinks and toilets? Do exercise books disappear into the lockers never to be seen again? Do the teachers turn into zombies?

Oh no - that's normal school

:lmfao:

Exactly! Well normal schools don't get their toilets and lockers and classrooms blessed, that's why they're like that.

Looks like a peccary to me, but definitely a member of the pig family

Yeah, it was something beginning with a P which i now can't rememeber. Probably that ... exotic species nerd.

Self raising flour and baking soda - lucky it didn't rise too high to come out of the oven

It didn't even raise that much! Weird cake.

OKD - words fail me. I have never seen a cake like this before. There are not many cakes where you have to put on sunglasses before you cut it. God knows what it really looks like if this is washed out.

It's certainly ...er ... colourful.

I think you're only supposed to add a few drops of colouring, not the whole bottle.

But 10/10 for effort.

:kachinga: Thanks :blush-anim-cl:

Pssht, what do you know. The recipe certainly didn't specify number of drops, I can only assume they meant the lot.

I noticed something...no icing or frosting on any of those cakes. Is that an aussie thing or were they just too lazy to put any on?

I am actually an icing whore normally. I usually triple the icing recipe or so :fisch: But this cake came out of the oven (aka. cooky thing) at like 11, and I am impatient.

I can't remember my kids birthdays - well I find it challenging (not the day so much but all 5 of them with the years they were born - for tax forms etc, I stand there going uuuuuuuuuummmmmmmmm and counting years)

:lmfao: That's pretty bad.

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j282/s_s_b_photo/foodbygreentea.jpg

OMG - that is way too awesome!

Damn, I can't show any of my masterpieces atm.

Make it on the 18th :naughty:

YOU BAKED SOMETHING???? AND IT TASTES GOOD???

OMG!! At least you'll never go hungry again.

Tell me, young Martha Stewart, did you grease the cake tin?

OkD, I hope you survived the night after eating your Ebola Cake.

I did! And I did grease it!

"Tastes good" might have been said in the heat of the moment. I'm not sure. Perhaps it tastes good when accompanied by 4 litres of water. I'm eating some now and I think it's actually sucking the moisture out of my body.

I am a huge sweet tooth. I love icing. I love it so much I've been known to make a bowl of icing to consume without bothering to make the cake. But that's actually too sweet, it really needs cake. So mostly I think of cake as the vehicle by which I eat icing,,,, BUT! There are some cakes that I just don't ice, cos that would be sooo wrong. Like Weetbix cake. Like my Lemon Curd cake. Like Pineapple Upside Down cake.

Marble cake on the other hand, in my opinion, should have icing!! Pink icing. *nods emphatically*

Oh and when you wrote Rainbow Cake, Soy, I thought of those tiered cakes that you can get at Woolies where the top tier is pink, then vanilla, then chocolate and there is mock cream between each layer and the same on top.

Weetbix cake??? WTF IS THAT! :shocked:

Okay okay I will make some icing for the 3/4 of cake I have left. But it can't be pink because we have no red food dye :crybaby: Basically, it can only be green, because I pretty much used up all the other colours - that was the only one we had one of those massive bottles of :naughty:

Are we making tiered cakes next then?

I agree. :thumb_yello:

Pssht, what do you know. The recipe certainly didn't specify number of drops, I can only assume they meant the lot.

You probably didn't need much more than a teaspoon in each colour batch. :naughty:

I did! And I did grease it!

"Tastes good" might have been said in the heat of the moment. I'm not sure. Perhaps it tastes good when accompanied by 4 litres of water. I'm eating some now and I think it's actually sucking the moisture out of my body.

Probably all that food colouring.

Raise your hand if you've got green poo?? anyone?? :roftl:

Okay okay I will make some icing for the 3/4 of cake I have left. But it can't be pink because we have no red food dye :crybaby: Basically, it can only be green, because I pretty much used up all the other colours - that was the only one we had one of those massive bottles of

Try using 1 tspn of dye this time. :naughty:

I feel sorry for your stomach. I also hope your not allergic to any of these dyes. :roftl:

hi australia! u there>?

Hey. How are you?

Nope... thats just plain rainbow cake.. I don't think our safeways sells those though.... Ritchies does.

And no cake on the 18th *hmph* I shall make it friday or sunday *toothy smile*

If I can be bothered that is :zhhz:

tired and frustrated

u?

Same actually :naughty:

How was your day?

Nope... thats just plain rainbow cake.. I don't think our safeways sells those though.... Ritchies does.

And no cake on the 18th *hmph* I shall make it friday or sunday *toothy smile*

If I can be bothered that is :zhhz:

There'll be no August 18th cakes because August got canceled. :wink2:

Same actually :naughty:

How was your day?

There'll be no August 18th cakes because August got canceled. :wink2:

ugg went to the doctors. got a cast went home. went shopping, but turned out to b for m mom. hung w/ my friends. came on here

lol

Be bop a lula shoo bop bop Bam !!

Dance-1-2.gif

Hullo Folkerinos !! :bye:

haha hi