• 29/30th November
    • 6/7th December
    • 13/14th December
    • 20/21st December
    • 27/28th December

Not sure this is of any help -

some of us have booked rooms at Covent Garden Travelodge

possibly a restaurant being booked for the Saturday night - and

if so then it would be a £10 deposit from everyone!

• Replies 895
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure this is of any help -

some of us have booked rooms at Covent Garden Travelodge

possibly a restaurant being booked for the Saturday night - and

if so then it would be a £10 deposit from everyone!

Thank Wendy! :thumb_yello: Well, don't need to spend money on accommodation so that should leave me enough money for food and to party :bleh:

You're coming???!!! :punk: Fantastic!!!

Btw, there is a really cool restaurant in Covent Garden that has MASSIVE long tables that I reckon would host us all...maybe we could look at booking one (mind you, this would ahve to be done soonish I guess as they are very popular for Xmas parties and they get booked out early).

It's called Belgo Centraal.

Check it out:

http://www.belgo-restaurants.co.uk/

http://www.guardianrestaurantbookings.co.uk/venue_details.cfm?venue_id=1258

I say it's a great possibility!

Danika - here are the links to the restaurant that is being checked

out for the meal!! :thumb_yello:

We have found travelodges to be good value and really seem to fit the bill when it comes to Mika gigs. There is usually one somewhere, wherever you are and basically, you know what you are getting. The rooms look the same whether it be London, Glasgow or anywhere in between. Check out the website if you haven't already done so. It is just the size of the room that varies a bit, eveything else is pretty much the same. It is definately 'no frills'....no fancy toiletries or anything, but these are available to buy if you forget them...or just nick some off another MFCer!

They are clean, usually warm enough and compared to some hotels, quite spacious. I have no hesitation at all in booking with them. As I said in the RSVP thread, at least you know what you are getting. OK, so no 'character'.....but we can provide that ourselves!:naughty:

Obviously it is entirely up to you all where you book, but it will be nice if as many as possible are together....late night chats either in the rooms or the bar are a common feature of MFC get togethers!

So far, Wendi, Abby and I have a room as do Robi, Mirtilla and Allegra and also Vicky and Rose. These are the ones that I know about.

I will see what the booking thing from the restaurant says and report back when it comes through!:thumb_yello:

Thanks Kath!:wub2:

I'll go to their website and check it out!

And with the paypal thing, count me in of course, please just tell me what to do.:thumb_yello:

Ok, I have heard back form the resturant. I am sorry to have to report that Mussels are indeed on the menu!:shocked: TBH I am not sure that the menu is going to be to everyones taste. They also have private rooms for hire but not on a Saturday:shocked:

Bear with me whilst I try and post the menus....there are two

Ok, I have heard back form the resturant. I am sorry to have to report that Mussels are indeed on the menu!:shocked: TBH I am not sure that the menu is going to be to everyones taste. They also have private rooms for hire but not on a Saturday:shocked:

Bear with me whilst I try and paot the menus....there are two

Thanks for all the hard work Kath, you're doing a great job :thumb_yello:

CENTRAAL

STARTERS

SOUPE DE PANAIS ET GINGEMBRE

A creamed parsnip & ginger soup served with crème fraîche and ginger frites

ASSIETTE DE CHARCUTERIE

An assortment of Belgian cured meats served with a red onion relish,

pickles and rye bread

*ASPERGES VINAIGRETTE

Asparagus served chilled with Belgo vinaigrette

MAIN COURSES

MUSSEL POT OF YOUR CHOICE

MOULES CLASSIQUE White wine, shallots & garlic

MOULES PROVENCALES Tomato, herbs & garlic

1/2 SPIT ROAST CHICKEN:

POULET MOUTARDE - A light mustard & roasted leek sauce served with frites

POULET AUX CHAMPIGNONS - Cream & wild mushrooms

*BOUCHEE AUX CHAMPIGNONS SAUVAGE

A puff pastry case filled with wild mushrooms and baby onions, in an Orval beer and truffle cream sauce

CARBONNADES FLAMANDES

Beef stewed in sweet gueuze beer with plums and apples served with frites

SAUCISSES DE SANGLIER ET CHIMAY

Wild boar & Chimay beer sausages served with Belgian mash & a berry jus

DESSERTS

DAME BLANCHE

Vanilla ice cream topped with whipped cream & dark chocolate sauce

GAUFFRE BRUXELLOISE

Brussels-style waffle, served with vanilla ice-cream, chantilly cream & dark

chocolate sauce

£20.50

A 12.5% gratuity will be added to your total bill *Suitable for vegetarians

Please note menu items may change without notice subject to availability

CENTRAAL

STARTERS

*ASPERGES HOLLANDAISE

Asparagus served warm with a hollandaise sauce

SALADE BRABACONNE

A warm salad of shredded duck, smoked bacon, roast potatoes, boiled eggs,

black pudding, puy lentils, frisse lettuce and a mustard vinaigrette

PARFAIT DE VOLAILLE

A smooth chicken liver pate served with brioche a home made pear chutney

CROQUETTES DE FROMAGE

Cheddar & gruyere cheese croquettes served with piccalilli

MAIN COURSES

CLASSIQUE - White wine, shallots & garlic

PROVENCALES - Tomato, herbs & garlic

MOULES A L’ESCARGOT

Platter of open-faced mussels with garlic, butter & herbs

1/2 SPIT ROAST CHICKEN

SAUMON BASILIC

Pan fried salmon with grilled asparagus and a shellfish sauce served with pomme puree

COTE DE BOEUF

A grilled 10 oz ribeye of beef with bearnaise or peppercorn sauce and served with frites

A puff pastry case filled with wild mushrooms and baby onions,

in an Orval beer & truffle cream sauce

SURF & TURF

Half a grilled lobster with an 8oz rump steak, garlic butter, frites and salad

DESSERTS

POIRE POCHEE

Pear poached in cherry beer served with a peach beer sorbet

GAUFFRE BRUXELLOISE

Brussels-style waffle, served with hazelnut ice-cream, chantilly cream & dark chocolate sauce

GATEAU DE FROMAGE AUX CHOCOLAT

A rich home-made chocolate cheesecake with a dark chocolate sauce and chantilly cream

DAME NOIRE

Dark chocolate ice-cream served with vanilla cream and white chocolate sauce

MERINGUE AUX FRUITS D`HIVER

A winter berry pavlova served with fresh cream & a mulled wine coulis

£25.50

And the covering letter.............

BELGO CENTRAAL

GROUP BOOKING SHEET

TEL: 020 7813 2233/ FAX: 020 7209 3212

50 EARLHAM ST. COVENT GARDEN

LONDON WC2H 9LJ

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your enquiry.

If you're planning a lunch or dinner for a larger group and would like to make a reservation, just complete this booking form and return by fax or post. We accept reservations 7 days a week on a first come first serve basis. If you wish to discuss availability or have any special requirements, feel free to call me on the above number. Group bookings are only processed on receipt of this form and then a written confirmation will be faxed back to you. A £10 per head deposit is required for bookings of 20 and above. This deposit will be refunded on your bill on the night. Any cancellations or decrease in numbers must be notified to us at least 24hrs in advance to receive a refund on your deposit.

Alternatively, to make your lunch or dinner that bit more exclusive, why not hire one of our two private rooms (known as the "vaults") specially designed for groups of up to 55 guests? As well as personalised waiter service, the private room charge includes a round of schnapps for you and your guests on arrival . Plus, the room is exclusively yours for the whole afternoon or evening. Please note that they are not available for hire on Saturdays.

Hire charges for the vaults are as follows:

VAULT 1 (max. 25 diners) £50 Sun – Wednesday lunch/dinner

£100 Thursday & Friday dinner

VAULT 2 (max. 30 diners) £75 Sun - Wednesday lunch/dinner

£150 Thursday & Friday dinner

VAULTS 1&2 (max. 55 diners) £125 Sun - Wednesday lunch/dinner

£250 Thursday & Friday dinner

Both group booking options require the party to decide on one of the set menus attached for the whole party.

Is this party a special occasion? If yes, then we also have a great selection of home-made cakes. With each one made to order, this can provide a fantastic end to a spectacular meal. We only need 48 hours notice. Simply give one of our reservations team a call for a cake order form. Unfortunately we do not permit cakes that have not been purchased from Belgo.

Finally, if you're looking to keep the party going into the night, Belgo have teamed up with latenightlondon to offer your party complimentary late night guest list to a West End Bar of your choice, including Red Cube, Onanon & Zoo Bar. Please call me for more details and other Late Night Venues.

If you have any further queries do not hesitate to call me.

Thank you Kath, for all the trouble you have gone through! Do you know if one has got to take the whole menu or can order just a few things from the menu? It would be a shame, for example, if I had to take the whole menu while I only can eat a few things from it, being a veggie. I know a lot of people are enthousiastic about this restaurant but is it possible to check another one also? I don't consider the choice very large here and it's not much cheaper then an everage restaurant I think. A private room would have been wonderful though, it's a shame one can't hire them on Saturdays.

Thank you Kath, for all the trouble you have gone through! Do you know if one has got to take the whole menu or can order just a few things from the menu? It would be a shame, for example, if I had to take the whole menu while I only can eat a few things from it, being a veggie. I know a lot of people are enthousiastic about this restaurant but is it possible to check another one also? I don't consider the choice very large here and it's not extremely cheap.

One from each section.............one starter, main course and desert.

No, it isn't a huge choice............but to be honest in central London nothing is going to be cheap. I certainly think it is worth looking at a couple of others.....any suggestions? It would be really good if we could get somewhere with a seperate room but I guess on a saturday it may be unlikely

Well i'd be happy with the first one personally and it has a vege option for each course. I think the price is really ok for Saturday night, london and nearing the festive season. I vote menu 1.

( maybe make it easy and just say everyone will be having :chkn: tonight

:lmfao::lmfao: sorry had to be done!)

I wish I could go to London and meet Mika people, don't see it happening right now, unless money falls from a tree in front of my face while I happen to be walking by and no one else is around so I can scoop it all up.

Mika needs to do the Olympics show..wants to go and play in 2012!

One from each section.............one starter, main course and desert.

No, it isn't a huge choice............but to be honest in central London nothing is going to be cheap. I certainly think it is worth looking at a couple of others.....any suggestions? It would be really good if we could get somewhere with a seperate room but I guess on a saturday it may be unlikely

I finally understand how to read the menu, it turns out that there are some choiches. I think it's time for me to go to bed :blush-anim-cl:.

I think it's a good idea though to look at some other restaurants as well, if this one turns out to be the best one we can return to this one.

I finally understand how to read the menu, it turns out that there are some choiches. I think it's time for me to go to bed :blush-anim-cl:.

I think it's a good idea though to look at some other restaurants as well, if this one turns out to be the best one we can return to this one.

I agree, it would be nice to see other menus, and at the risk of repeating myself, can we see some Christmas menus, it is a Christmas party after all! This would be like just going out for a normal meal.

I agree, it would be nice to see other menus, and at the risk of repeating myself, can we see some Christmas menus, it is a Christmas party after all! This would be like just going out for a normal meal.

We will have Fred as Santa - and Caz as his sexy elf - how much more Christmasy are we going to get? :roftl::roftl:

What do you usually have for Christmas?:thumb_yello:

CENTRAAL

STARTERS

SOUPE DE PANAIS ET GINGEMBRE

A creamed parsnip & ginger soup served with crème fraîche and ginger frites

ASSIETTE DE CHARCUTERIE

An assortment of Belgian cured meats served with a red onion relish,

pickles and rye bread

*ASPERGES VINAIGRETTE

Asparagus served chilled with Belgo vinaigrette

MAIN COURSES

MOULES CLASSIQUE White wine, shallots & garlic

MOULES PROVENCALES Tomato, herbs & garlic

1/2 SPIT ROAST CHICKEN:

A puff pastry case filled with wild mushrooms and baby onions, in an Orval beer and truffle cream sauce

CARBONNADES FLAMANDES

Beef stewed in sweet gueuze beer with plums and apples served with frites

SAUCISSES DE SANGLIER ET CHIMAY

Wild boar & Chimay beer sausages served with Belgian mash & a berry jus

DESSERTS

DAME BLANCHE

Vanilla ice cream topped with whipped cream & dark chocolate sauce

GAUFFRE BRUXELLOISE

Brussels-style waffle, served with vanilla ice-cream, chantilly cream & dark

chocolate sauce

£20.50

:shocked: Oh my, all those mussles :shocked:.

Maybe this was not the best suggestion then, lol! I would understand it if people wouldn't want to go there.

To be honest I suggested it cause I've been there a couple of times and it was great, but it is different if you're limited by these menus...So obviously it is very worth it looking around for other options :naughty:.

Maybe we could do a little poll on what type of restaurant we're looking for? Because London being London, if we don't know what we're looking for, there will be too many to choose from :wink2:.

I wish I could go to London and meet Mika people, don't see it happening right now, unless money falls from a tree in front of my face while I happen to be walking by and no one else is around so I can scoop it all up.

Mika needs to do the Olympics show..wants to go and play in 2012!

I will keep my fingers crossed for that tree then! I agree about 2012.........but that is a long way away!:naughty:

I totally agree about looking at other places, whatever one is doing it is best to get at least three options if possible. However, that said, I think that particularly in the case of restaurants a personal recomendation (as we have from Sariflor) goes a long way. Otherwise it is just a stab in the dark.

I also agree that a function room would be ideal but the chances of geeting one on a Saturday in London for a reasonable cost is probably quite slim. Even if we could have got this one the charge is £100 which obviously bumps up everyones costs.

This is no good whatsoever for our purposes as it is not in london but I used to go to a restaurant in York where parties were just put on a seperate floor.....no extra charge, it was just the way the building was laid out, but it worked perfectly. Something like that would be great:thumb_yello:

The other advantage of a seperate room if we could get it is that it would be ours for the evening. On this one, if we just book a normal table it has a max of 2.5 hrs....but on the other hand that may be long enough then people can move on.

When I get some time I can try and research other options but do please feel free to look into anywhere yourselves. The more options we can get, the better:thumb_yello:

Rose, I think it is just a case of asking at whatever place we enquire into if they are doing a Christmas menu............I would imagine that some will be. But I guess it may be that if we were on a set menu everyone would have to choose from the same menu which may complicate things.............at this restaurant you have to choose either menu one or two and then everyone has to choose from that menu.

Sienna, Turkey is the traditional British dish at Christmas.