• 8/9th November
    • 15/16th November
    • 22/23rd November
    • 29/30th November
    • 6/7th December
    • 13/14th December
    • 20/21st December
    • 27/28th December

Do come! We are all very friendly..............lets face it, none of us knew each other at all two years agao and we are from all over the place....but whenever we get together we get on well:thumb_yello:

The weekend of 28 - 30 nov

OK..................I will give them a ring later today and see what they can offer us!:thumb_yello:

Did I really say 20/80?:roftl:

Sorry in Dublin right now, on hols...thinking is a hard thing to do on hols:roftl:

Ok 28/30. I guess that works fine.:thumb_yello:

• Replies 895
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Did I really say 20/80?:roftl:

Sorry in Dublin right now, on hols...thinking is a hard thing to do on hols:roftl:

Ok 28/30. I guess that works fine.:thumb_yello:

:roftl::roftl:

I knew what you meant!

I love Dublin but I found that my brain didn't function properly when there:roftl: Mind you......could be argued...........................:naughty:

I have booked one room...............I will check with Robi before I book her a room:naughty:

So we have a tripple room at Covent garden with brekkers..........I know Wendi likes her brekkers!:naughty:

I'm reading your posts only now Kath! I'm lost in between this thread and the RSVP one!:blush-anim-cl:

Anyway, I booked a room in Covent Garden for saturday night too!

Okay so it's Covent Garden for sure? I'm going to book a single I think.

You're coming?? that's great, would love to meet you!

Omigod. Christine...you're going?! :blink:

So it seems, so you should come as well!:bleh:

:roftl::roftl:

I knew what you meant!

I love Dublin but I found that my brain didn't function properly when there:roftl: Mind you......could be argued...........................:naughty:

Ah so its Dublin that does that to brains! Thought it was holidays that did that trick, but now I think of it: I usually go to Dublin on hols!!!

This explains!

Well having a drinking party tonight (and leave dubs tomorrow...with a hangover:blush-anim-cl:)

I'm reading your posts only now Kath! I'm lost in between this thread and the RSVP one!:blush-anim-cl:

Anyway, I booked a room in Covent Garden for saturday night too!

So it seems, so you should come as well!:bleh:

I'd love to....:wub2:

But it's not likely, as much as I'd love to meet you and many others.

Ah so its Dublin that does that to brains! Thought it was holidays that did that trick, but now I think of it: I usually go to Dublin on hols!!!

This explains!

Well having a drinking party tonight (and leave dubs tomorrow...with a hangover:blush-anim-cl:)

Have a great night!:thumb_yello:

I'd love to....:wub2:

But it's not likely, as much as I'd love to meet you and many others.

That's a shame....I am dying to meet you! But it isn't very practical is it!:naughty:

Ok, just spoken to the restaurant.

They are emiling me a group booking form tonight.

If it is over 20 people we need to pay a £10 deposit each............which I thought might be the case and that is where it is going to get difficult!

So I guess at this stage we need to decide what to do........I suppose we could just book for twenty then if the numbers go up we could tackle the deposit issue?

I will report back when I get the booking form anyway:thumb_yello:

Have a great night!:thumb_yello:

That's a shame....I am dying to meet you! But it isn't very practical is it!:naughty:

Kath, I'd love to meet you too...believe me, I'm really going to try.

Kath, I'd love to meet you too...believe me, I'm really going to try.

Oh but it's a lot of money, especially when it isn't even for a gig!:shocked:

And as much as I know I am wonderful, it probably isn't worth flying over the Atlantic for!:naughty::roftl::wink2:

I'd love to meet you too!

Although come to think of it............with paypal................which I have...it shouldn't be too difficult!:naughty:

Yes I can get you the deposit no problem if need be.

Oh but it's a lot of money, especially when it isn't even for a gig!:shocked:

And as much as I know I am wonderful, it probably isn't worth flying over the Atlantic for!:naughty::roftl::wink2:

Oh but you are! :roftl:

Seriously, I always hesistate to plan a trip to Europe when it's not a Mika gig because there are so many MFCers at Mika gigs it seems like a waste to go another time. But this is ideal because everyone is coming and there are no queuing hassles, etc. We can just have fun!

Ok, just spoken to the restaurant.

They are emiling me a group booking form tonight.

If it is over 20 people we need to pay a £10 deposit each............which I thought might be the case and that is where it is going to get difficult!

So I guess at this stage we need to decide what to do........I suppose we could just book for twenty then if the numbers go up we could tackle the deposit issue?

I will report back when I get the booking form anyway:thumb_yello:

Kath I just want to tell you that I very much appreciate all the things you’re doing to make this go from a dream to reality.:wub2:

Thank you!

I hope I should be the one doing the same if it was in my city or country.

I have a hard time to make up my mind if I’m going to book at Travelodge Covent Garden or go with my usual hotel in London.

What kind of a hotel is Travelodge? Clean? Working heating system? London in December can get really cold if it doesn’t.:blink:

How many are going to stay there?

Is it walking distance to the restaurant?

Kath I just want to tell you that I very much appreciate all the things you’re doing to make this go from a dream to reality.:wub2:

Thank you!

I have a hard time to make up my mind if I’m going to book at Travelodge Covent Garden or go with my usual hotel in London.

What kind of a hotel is Travelodge? Clean? Working heating system? London in December can get really cold if it doesn’t.:blink:

Agree Kath, you're amazing.

Am also as confused as Sienna about hotels etc, and getting back to them. Or are we all planning to take over the same one?

I'd love to meet you too!

Yes I can get you the deposit no problem if need be.

Oh but you are! :roftl:

Seriously, I always hesistate to plan a trip to Europe when it's not a Mika gig because there are so many MFCers at Mika gigs it seems like a waste to go another time. But this is ideal because everyone is coming and there are no queuing hassles, etc. We can just have fun!

I totally agree. TBH, when Mika is around people are not always 'theirselves'!:naughty: So to be able to meet without all the hassels is a great opportunity. Hopefully it will be a brilliant weekend.....and with a bit of luck an annual event:thumb_yello:

Thank you!

We have found travelodges to be good value and really seem to fit the bill when it comes to Mika gigs. There is usually one somewhere, wherever you are and basically, you know what you are getting. The rooms look the same whether it be London, Glasgow or anywhere in between. Check out the website if you haven't already done so. It is just the size of the room that varies a bit, eveything else is pretty much the same. It is definately 'no frills'....no fancy toiletries or anything, but these are available to buy if you forget them...or just nick some off another MFCer!

They are clean, usually warm enough and compared to some hotels, quite spacious. I have no hesitation at all in booking with them. As I said in the RSVP thread, at least you know what you are getting. OK, so no 'character'.....but we can provide that ourselves!:naughty:

Obviously it is entirely up to you all where you book, but it will be nice if as many as possible are together....late night chats either in the rooms or the bar are a common feature of MFC get togethers!

So far, Wendi, Abby and I have a room as do Robi, Mirtilla and Allegra and also Vicky and Rose. These are the ones that I know about.

I will see what the booking thing from the restaurant says and report back when it comes through!:thumb_yello:

Just re read my post and I guess it could be taken that I meant that Mika caused the hassel!:shocked: I didn't mean that at all!:naughty:

Yes he does, he's a very bad influence on us!:roftl:

Is this the restaurant Sara was talking about?

Can you find out if they do a Christmas menu?

I have paypal.... I've only ever used it for ebay though... would have to have help in sending money through it otherwise.... :wink2:

But have no problem with sending a deposit.... am really looking forward to this... should be great.... :huglove:

I do like Travelodge too.... If it was a tad cheaper in CG i'd have booked there too.... I'll only be in Paddington though ... so not too bad... :)

Yes he does, he's a very bad influence on us!

Is this the restaurant Sara was talking about?

Can you find out if they do a Christmas menu?

Yes it is the one that Sara suggested. I will wait and see what the group booking thing says and she said that if I had any further questions just to give them a ring:thumb_yello: For a group booking I think you get a choice of two things (plus hopefully a vegi option) However...we will see what they can offer us and take it from there. May be a wee bit early for a Christmas menu but maybe not.

I have paypal.... I've only ever used it for ebay though... would have to have help in sending money through it otherwise....

But have no problem with sending a deposit.... am really looking forward to this... should be great.... :huglove:

I do like Travelodge too.... If it was a tad cheaper in CG i'd have booked there too.... I'll only be in Paddington though ... so not too bad... :)

It isn't difficult, I have used it to pay other mfcers...you just put the amount in and their email address and put 'for services' or something like that:roftl: Having said that, the last time I did it, it went out of my account and never made it into Avoca's:shocked:

Yes, you won't be far from us:wub2: I would imagine that ultimatetly we will end up spread around a few places:naughty: