• 13/14th December
    • 20/21st December
    • 27/28th December

• Replies 895
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I totally agree about looking at other places, whatever one is doing it is best to get at least three options if possible. However, that said, I think that particularly in the case of restaurants a personal recomendation (as we have from Sariflor) goes a long way. Otherwise it is just a stab in the dark.

I also agree that a function room would be ideal but the chances of geeting one on a Saturday in London for a reasonable cost is probably quite slim. Even if we could have got this one the charge is £100 which obviously bumps up everyones costs.

This is no good whatsoever for our purposes as it is not in london but I used to go to a restaurant in York where parties were just put on a seperate floor.....no extra charge, it was just the way the building was laid out, but it worked perfectly. Something like that would be great:thumb_yello:

The other advantage of a seperate room if we could get it is that it would be ours for the evening. On this one, if we just book a normal table it has a max of 2.5 hrs....but on the other hand that may be long enough then people can move on.

When I get some time I can try and research other options but do please feel free to look into anywhere yourselves. The more options we can get, the better:thumb_yello:

Rose, I think it is just a case of asking at whatever place we enquire into if they are doing a Christmas menu............I would imagine that some will be. But I guess it may be that if we were on a set menu everyone would have to choose from the same menu which may complicate things.............at this restaurant you have to choose either menu one or two and then everyone has to choose from that menu.

Sienna, Turkey is the traditional British dish at Christmas.

Sadly, some people will probably not consider a personal recommendation from me a good thing, after I took them to a "great" japanese place in february that turned out to be quite crappy, as it had changed a lot since I had been there last :thumbdown:.

But I do think that Belgo has not changed though, heheh

:shocked: Oh my, all those mussles :shocked:.

Maybe this was not the best suggestion then, lol! I would understand it if people wouldn't want to go there.

I think it was a good suggestion, at least worth investigating. It's wonderful you come up with suggestions! If I speak for myself, it is not that I don't want to go there. I just think it is good to compare some restaurants, like we did with the hotels and then decide which one will suit best for us. A private room would be great but Kath is probably right, it will cost a lot in London, if it is available at all. I haven't checked out the links babspanky came up with, I will do that in an instant. And once we have figured the restaurant out, another important question will be: where are we going to dance :bleh:.

Seriously, I always hesistate to plan a trip to Europe when it's not a Mika gig because there are so many MFCers at Mika gigs it seems like a waste to go another time. But this is ideal because everyone is coming and there are no queuing hassles, etc. We can just have fun!

Amen to that!

Kath I just want to tell you that I very much appreciate all the things you’re doing to make this go from a dream to reality.:wub2:

Thank you!

Second that, Kath you're superb!:wub2:

I have a hard time to make up my mind if I’m going to book at Travelodge Covent Garden or go with my usual hotel in London.

What kind of a hotel is Travelodge? Clean? Working heating system? London in December can get really cold if it doesn’t.:blink:

Travelodges are very good imo, clean and working! :thumb_yello:

Oh the Planet Hollywood one looks good, I love Planet Hollywood though :naughty:

Ow I love it too! I used to go to PH everytime I went to London..:wub2:

Oooh is Planet Hollywood on the list, that was fun last year when we went for Saras birthday, you can request songs and the dj will play them. We serenaded the restaurant with Love Today!

Bab................you are an absolute star!:wub2:

Thanks a lot for this.

I LOVE:mf_lustslow: the idea of Planet Hollywood! I think it would be perfect. The menu looks fine to me............ok so it is a Christmas menu (but at least we will have a happy penguin:thumb_yello:) but there are two other options. I would be quite happy to go with that!:thumb_yello: I love the idea of the DJ, we will just have to make sure that he/she has plenty of Mika in stock!

I also like the Pitcher and Piano.............but can not quite get to the bottom of how private it would be. It says 'the bar will just be open for your guests' but I find that quite unlikely on a Saturday night in central London! However, I might just send an email enquiry just to check.

Sadly, some people will probably not consider a personal recommendation from me a good thing, after I took them to a "great" japanese place in february that turned out to be quite crappy, as it had changed a lot since I had been there last :thumbdown:.

But I do think that Belgo has not changed though, heheh

I know what you mean.............I always feel that I am putting myself on the line if I recommend somewhere!:shocked:

Bab................you are an absolute star!:wub2:

Thanks a lot for this.

I LOVE:mf_lustslow: the idea of Planet Hollywood! I think it would be perfect. The menu looks fine to me............ok so it is a Christmas menu (but at least we will have a happy penguin:thumb_yello:) but there are two other options. I would be quite happy to go with that!:thumb_yello: I love the idea of the DJ, we will just have to make sure that he/she has plenty of Mika in stock!

I also like the Pitcher and Piano.............but can not quite get to the bottom of how private it would be. It says 'the bar will just be open for your guests' but I find that quite unlikely on a Saturday night in central London! However, I might just send an email enquiry just to check.

Can you check about the dress code too?

It says smart casual, so would they be okay with us in Christmas costumes?

Can you check about the dress code too?

It says smart casual, so would they be okay with us in Christmas costumes?

Good point!:naughty:

However, when I looked again, I decided not to bother as they only actually do canapes, not a meal...............it is just a bar after all...........I remember the one in York and as much as it is very nice, when all is said and done it is a bar not a resturant.

Ab has just been checking out the rainforest cafe...............looks good and has it's own nightclub. She has been there before and really liked it. However, their party night (including nightclub) is £39 so it is probably too expensive

However, when I looked again, I decided not to bother as they only actually do canapes, not a meal...............it is just a bar after all...........I remember the one in York and as much as it is very nice, when all is said and done it is a bar not a resturant.

Their website says they have a Chrismasmenu? But if it's a bar maybe we can go eat somewhere else and have a drink there, since quite a lot of people seem to like it there (I have never been there before, I can't say something about it).

Their website says they have a Chrismasmenu? But if it's a bar maybe we can go eat somewhere else and have a drink there, since quite a lot of people seem to like it there (I have never been there before, I can't say something about it).

Yes..................we will see what people think. I think that aprt from the meal, people will have very different ideas about what they want to do afterwards. I very definately fall into the 'go back to the hotel and chat' camp but I am sitting here with my daughter who is online checking out nightclubs!:naughty:

Ab has just been checking out the rainforest cafe...............looks good and has it's own nightclub. She has been there before and really liked it. However, their party night (including nightclub) is £39 so it is probably too expensive

Kath, they do do a christmas menu, if you click on book your christmas party, on the left, then view menu prices on your right, it then brings a screen where you have to pick your bar, then it will bring up the menu, there are several in London including one in SW6 :wink2: once you have picked your bar, it comes up with the menu on a pdf?

It's got christmas stuff and pleny for vegetarians and fish eaters.

Kath, they do do a christmas menu, if you click on book your christmas party, on the left, then view menu prices on your right, it then brings a screen where you have to pick your bar, then it will bring up the menu, there are several in London including one in SW6 :wink2: once you have picked your bar, it comes up with the menu on a pdf?

It's got christmas stuff and pleny for vegetarians and fish eaters.

Oh ok................sorry! Will go back for another look then!:naughty:

OK...................finally got it up!

My personal choice would be Planet Hollywood...............P and P looks good but as rose said, dress code may be a bit tricky. I guess PH is more anything goes.

Anyway............we will see what everyone thinks............but best not wait too long before making a booking.....end of this coming week maybe?

Well, I looked at Trafalgar, Bishopgate is in the city, near Brig o Doon :naughty: I also looked at Mayfair and Fulham.

How many of us are there?

Oh right!

Tbh I don't know but in round figures I am thinking maybe approx 30?

Oh right!

Tbh I don't know but in round figures I am thinking maybe approx 30?

Fulham

As the original Pitcher & Piano, Fulham is still the most authentic in terms of atmosphere. Sunday nights are something of a tradition, with legendary partying to all your favourites. Mid week is more reserved but just as atmospheric: a preferred spot on the Fulham road for enjoying great food and inventive cocktails with friends.

If you’re planning a get together in South West London for up to 30 people, our secluded back room is the ideal nook to party in relative privacy.

Trafalgar

Known for providing professional service to professional people, P&P Trafalgar Square is a destination of choice for after work drinkers and a popular venue for both corporate and private events.

Weekends come early and from Thursday the atmosphere becomes more charged and the crowd mixed. So join in the theatre of mixing cocktails as we play host to guys and girls in search of a great night out.

For more formal occasions we can accommodate any function across our split level bar from 500 people with canapés, to 100 people with sit down meals to private meetings.

Above all else our profile as P&P’s Flagship West End bar is driven by our inspired and ever evolving cocktail list. Being as good as any West End offering at a much fairer cost, we suggest you stop by and try one. Bar Page

Food Menu

Drinks Menu

Online Booking

View Image Gallery

Opening Hours

Back To London Locations

Back To Main Locations

Key Bar Contacts

40-42 William IV St, Trafalgar Square, WC2N 4DD

Colette Bacalhau / Tom Masters

T: 020 7240 6180

F: 020 7240 8142

trafalgar@pitcherandpiano.com

Mayfair

If you are looking for a stylish location to meet straight after work or to escape the hustle and bustle of busy shops, then the recently re-vamped Pitcher & Piano Mayfair will be perfect for you. Our Mayfair bar is situated right in the heart of the West End and not far from Soho and just seconds from Regent Street on Pollen Street, a well-hidden spot for those that don’t know us yet.

With its infectious buzz every evening, Mayfair is perfect for holding office parties for groups ranging from 2 to 200 people. Just ask Luke or Fiona for any help in organizing a bash, and your drinks will be ready and your food on order, leaving you free to unwind and even dance the night away after the boss has gone!

Bar Page

Food Menu

Drinks Menu

Online Booking

View Image Gallery

Opening Hours

Back To London Locations

Back To Main Locations

Key Bar Contacts

10 Pollen Street, Mayfair, London, W1S 1NQ

Fiona Dykes

T: 020 7629 9581

F: 020 7629 9584

Actually the one in Fulham sounds the cosiest!

Oh the Planet Hollywood one looks good, I love Planet Hollywood though :naughty:

That's the place where you can request for certain music videos isn't it? well I wonder what a whole bunch of Mika fans would be requestiong :fisch:

Fulham

As the original Pitcher & Piano, Fulham is still the most authentic in terms of atmosphere. Sunday nights are something of a tradition, with legendary partying to all your favourites. Mid week is more reserved but just as atmospheric: a preferred spot on the Fulham road for enjoying great food and inventive cocktails with friends.

If you’re planning a get together in South West London for up to 30 people, our secluded back room is the ideal nook to party in relative privacy.

Trafalgar

Known for providing professional service to professional people, P&P Trafalgar Square is a destination of choice for after work drinkers and a popular venue for both corporate and private events.

Weekends come early and from Thursday the atmosphere becomes more charged and the crowd mixed. So join in the theatre of mixing cocktails as we play host to guys and girls in search of a great night out.

For more formal occasions we can accommodate any function across our split level bar from 500 people with canapés, to 100 people with sit down meals to private meetings.

Above all else our profile as P&P’s Flagship West End bar is driven by our inspired and ever evolving cocktail list. Being as good as any West End offering at a much fairer cost, we suggest you stop by and try one. Bar Page

Food Menu

Drinks Menu

Online Booking

View Image Gallery

Opening Hours

Back To London Locations

Back To Main Locations

Key Bar Contacts

40-42 William IV St, Trafalgar Square, WC2N 4DD

Colette Bacalhau / Tom Masters

T: 020 7240 6180

F: 020 7240 8142

trafalgar@pitcherandpiano.com

Mayfair

If you are looking for a stylish location to meet straight after work or to escape the hustle and bustle of busy shops, then the recently re-vamped Pitcher & Piano Mayfair will be perfect for you. Our Mayfair bar is situated right in the heart of the West End and not far from Soho and just seconds from Regent Street on Pollen Street, a well-hidden spot for those that don’t know us yet.

With its infectious buzz every evening, Mayfair is perfect for holding office parties for groups ranging from 2 to 200 people. Just ask Luke or Fiona for any help in organizing a bash, and your drinks will be ready and your food on order, leaving you free to unwind and even dance the night away after the boss has gone!

Bar Page

Food Menu

Drinks Menu

Online Booking

View Image Gallery

Opening Hours

Back To London Locations

Back To Main Locations

Key Bar Contacts

10 Pollen Street, Mayfair, London, W1S 1NQ

Fiona Dykes

T: 020 7629 9581

F: 020 7629 9584

Actually the one in Fulham sounds the cosiest!

I love what you're doing here Londoners, all the resource and such!:wub2:

Wish I could help!