• 13/14th December
    • 20/21st December
    • 27/28th December

• Replies 895
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Bullocks , I say we pick a travelodge and just book the smegger , we can get around on the tube thingy , watta say ?

yep...............but are options are looking pretty limited as they all seem pretty full.

I am more or less at home tomorrow so I might try phoning them and see if I can get any sense out of them. If I phone the central enquiries and say we are looking for approx ten rooms in London................might be worth a try.......they can check the whole system

yep...............but are options are looking pretty limited as they all seem pretty full.

I am more or less at home tomorrow so I might try phoning them and see if I can get any sense out of them. If I phone the central enquiries and say we are looking for approx ten rooms in London................might be worth a try.......they can check the whole system

Top idea :thumb_yello:

Saying you have that many people Im sure you will get some success , full already eekkkk , I suppose London and xmas time and all

It will be available somewhere just a matter of finding

Thanks for this :thumb_yello:

I have just done a dummy booking for covent garden and it is saying there are at least 4 family rooms available at £105 per room.......would people prefer CG if we could get it?

I have just done a dummy booking for covent garden and it is saying there are at least 4 family rooms available at £105 per room.......would people prefer CG if we could get it?

I looked at Covent Garden yesterday and it said there were only twin rooms :blink:

What is going on?

They don't seem to be forthcoming with a phone number. I sent an email enquiry but it says allow upto ten working days for an answer:shocked:

I reckon we should just decided on one or the other and make individual bookings and hope for the best

They don't seem to be forthcoming with a phone number. I sent an email enquiry but it says allow upto ten working days for an answer:shocked:

I reckon we should just decided on one or the other and make individual bookings and hope for the best

Wow sounds mad!:shocked:

i'll do the same thing tomorrow then and try and organise a room too, Rose and i are bunking up so far but happy to book a room for 4 if anyone else wants to share with us and needs a bed pm me, we'll aim for same travellodge as you guys.... :thumb_yello:

Wow sounds mad!:shocked:

i'll do the same thing tomorrow then and try and organise a room too, Rose and i are bunking up so far but happy to book a room for 4 if anyone else wants to share with us and needs a bed pm me, we'll aim for same travellodge as you guys.... :thumb_yello:

Ah but we haven't decided on which Travelodge :naughty: - Covent Garden sounds nice but Marylebone is more central

The mysteries of online hotel booking:

If you log into a hotel website and there are 10 rooms available, the system "books" the room to you while you are enquiring about it. If someone else logs on at the same time, they will only see 9 rooms available, and so on. When you log off, if you haven't booked the room, it is returned to the pool of available rooms. That is why different people see different availability.

(It's actually more complicated than that, but that's the gist of it) :naughty:

Right!:thumb_yello:

Talked to travelodge. They have rooms available at the moment for both but are filling up fast.

At the mo both Marylebone and covent Garden have rooms for Friday and Saturday. I enquired about double/twin and Family rooms. I asked for four rooms Friday and eight rooms Saturday. Both could accomodate both. Neither have a meeting room available. The complication is that Marylebone only have twin/double rooms available (no family rooms) at £80 per night. Covent Garden have twin/double or family (3 people) all at the same price £105 per room per night. Therefore it is £35 per person if there are three but £52.50 if there are only two in a room. But they do have eight family rooms. However, these are a double bed and a pull out. To be honest, another person can sleep on the top bit of the sofa, but there wouldn't be any seperate bedding for that.

Personally I am in favour of Covent garden as it is central and looks very nice and Wendi, Ab and I did want a tripple room if poss, which isn't available at Marylbone. However, wouldn't be the end of the world if we were spread between the two (or other places) because as Fred says, there is always the tube thingy:naughty: As long as there are a few in each? What do ya reckon?

35 pounds per person sounds good. Since I don't know London at all I let you all decide which Travelodge is the best. It would be nice if everyone could stay at the same one but if that's not possible it's not really a problem if we stay in different lodges I suppose, since there's no conference room anyway and we will have to do our conferences in the restaurant or a bar or something :bleh:.

Talked to travelodge. They have rooms available at the moment for both but are filling up fast.

At the mo both Marylebone and covent Garden have rooms for Friday and Saturday. I enquired about double/twin and Family rooms. I asked for four rooms Friday and eight rooms Saturday. Both could accomodate both. Neither have a meeting room available. The complication is that Marylebone only have twin/double rooms available (no family rooms) at £80 per night. Covent Garden have twin/double or family (3 people) all at the same price £105 per room per night. Therefore it is £35 per person if there are three but £52.50 if there are only two in a room. But they do have eight family rooms. However, these are a double bed and a pull out. To be honest, another person can sleep on the top bit of the sofa, but there wouldn't be any seperate bedding for that.

Personally I am in favour of Covent garden as it is central and looks very nice and Wendi, Ab and I did want a tripple room if poss, which isn't available at Marylbone. However, wouldn't be the end of the world if we were spread between the two (or other places) because as Fred says, there is always the tube thingy:naughty: As long as there are a few in each? What do ya reckon?

Agree , Covent garden would be perfect , I would have no objections to this at all:thumb_yello:

We can get the tubey thing around as we need :punk:

That price is ok as well , works for me lets see if everyone else is okkkk wif it

Yes. Much as my fingers are itching to click on 'book now' I will try and be democratic and see what everyone else thinks..............I will wait until tomorrow!:roftl:

:roftl:

Thats what Im like

<people will talk btw .. Im chasing you around the MFC:naughty:>

Covent garden is supposed to be mega nice:thumb_yello:

Yes. Much as my fingers are itching to click on 'book now' I will try and be democratic and see what everyone else thinks..............I will wait until tomorrow!:roftl:

Poor kath :roftl: I remember this time last year we were searching for london accomodation !!! :shocked: where does the time go !! :blink:

I've already booked mine... I'm staying in the easyhotel in Paddington so I shall be tubing it to you lot.... doesn't bother me... I don't mind the tube.... It's just the room only cost me £29.00 so that's what swung it for me.... :)

I think it's gonna be harder to find a restaurant to take us all actually lol..... Anyway wherever most of you are staying I shall probably come and meet you there.... I've stayed in Covent Garden a few years ago at their travelodge.... at the time it was one of those £29.00 rooms that they do.... they don't seem to do them for London anymore at all.... :(

Big thank you Kath for this information!:thumb_yello:

What we could do is to agree on a restaurant or something where we meet Saturday night and for the rest of the time as Saturday during the day and Sunday we make plans to meet and do something together!

What do you think?

Big thank you Kath for this information!:thumb_yello:

What we could do is to agree on a restaurant or something where we meet Saturday night and for the rest of the time as Saturday during the day and Sunday we make plans to meet and do something together!

What do you think?

Seems like a cunning plan also ! :thumb_yello:

<I love it when a plan comes together>:punk: