The Most Marvellous Mika Mail

Petra

Great MM silver! :woot_jump:

*is still waiting for JoseOle's MM to arrive:emot-sad:*

But seriously MikaMailers - I think we ought to introduce a weight restriction on the size of parcels we send. I hate to think of people being put off taking part because of huge postage costs (especially if you're sending to/from Australia).

Shoebox size - about 2kg - seems about OK to me - you can still get plenty of things in.:naughty:

What do other people think?

:fisch:

yeah i think 2kg is ok too.

if it's ok with my Aussie partner too:wink2:

Glad you liked it!

Ha, no, I made sure it wouldn't break open. I see too many packages come into my work that are falling to pieces because no one bothered to wrap them properly.

I really didn't mind the price Silver, I had the money. I probably would have spent as much on music or something for myself that I didn't really need anyway.

I think the shoe box size is a good idea.

But I don't see why two people can't agree on a different size if they want?

What about the individual partners deciding on how much they want to spend on each other?

That works too - but for people who've never taken part before, a weight limit is a help and stops things being too expensive.

Glad you liked it!

Ha, no, I made sure it wouldn't break open. I see too many packages come into my work that are falling to pieces because no one bothered to wrap them properly.

I really didn't mind the price Silver, I had the money. I probably would have spent as much on music or something for myself that I didn't really need anyway.

I think the shoe box size is a good idea.

But I don't see why two people can't agree on a different size if they want?

I think as long as partners agree between themselves, it is probably OK. I'm just a little worried that new people will think they have to post a large parcel too. :naughty:

And a few more small packets of sweets :mf_rosetinted:(good grief,this will do no good for my figure, you know)

IMGP0316.jpg

:roftl:!

Good God, these masses of chocolate... :stretcher: That's immensely yummy, NuttyGummy!!! :stretcher:

and Mika-ish stuff

IMGP0318.jpg

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!!!!

And a closer look at two lovely wildlife guides that were included -

IMGP0322.jpg

Ah, I love these things! I just put some random tube maps from London into England's parcel. :naughty:

But seriously MikaMailers - I think we ought to introduce a weight restriction on the size of parcels we send. I hate to think of people being put off taking part because of huge postage costs (especially if you're sending to/from Australia).

Shoebox size - about 2kg - seems about OK to me - you can still get plenty of things in.:naughty:

What do other people think?

2kg sounds totally fine but for me there has always been the problem that I usually burn a bunch of DVDs which are already freaking heavy (I might send England's one in two parts again as well) and then 2kg still go as a small parcel which costs, sent just like this, about 14€. That price is ok but parcels 'just' need about 2,5 MONTHS to reach their destination (Ana's almost never arrived :boxed:). If I upgrade the 2kg one to an air mail parcel, it costs almost 30€ and is thus just 7€ less expensive than a 5kg air mail packet. It's a freaking stupid system. I finally sent a 5kg packet to Oakie Doke and I'll send a 5kg one to England as well :dunno:. I still need to weigh it though and as we don't possess a proper weighing machine that weighs more than 2kg, I need to weigh it in parts, than put everything together and freaking hope that it's still really <5kg when I arrive at the post office :blink:

Edit: I checked the DHL website again and I don't understand it :boxed:. I DEFINITELY paid 37€ for Bianca's parcel to Australia and it's the same world zone as the US. But now it says it's 35€ and it doesn't say 'Air Mail' ANYWHERE. But, however, they offer a 'premium service' (whatever that means; it just says 'fastest way possible' (but not express)) which costs an additional 17€. :blink:

We live in 2009. Pepople buy fruits from other continents because their supermarket sells them because getting these and importing them is far less expensive than selling the stuff that grows on the field next door. So WHY TF is shipping a parcel that expensive? :mad3::crybaby:

Ah, I love these things! I just put some random tube maps from London into England's parcel. :naughty:

2kg sounds totally fine but for me there has always been the problem that I usually burn a bunch of DVDs which are already freaking heavy (I might send England's one in two parts again as well) and then 2kg still go as a small parcel which costs, sent just like this, about 14€. That price is ok but parcels 'just' need about 2,5 MONTHS to reach their destination (Ana's almost never arrived :boxed:). If I upgrade the 2kg one to an air mail parcel, it costs almost 30€ and is thus just 7€ less expensive than a 5kg air mail packet. It's a freaking stupid system. I finally sent a 5kg packet to Oakie Doke and I'll send a 5kg one to England as well :dunno:. I still need to weigh it though and as we don't possess a proper weighing machine that weighs more than 2kg, I need to weigh it in parts, than put everything together and freaking hope that it's still really <5kg when I arrive at the post office :blink:

How to weigh a parcel when you haven't got a 2kg scale: weigh yourself on bathroom scales. Then weigh yourself again, this time holding parcel. Subtract 1st result from second to get weight of parcel.

Of course you need to have bathroom scales for this.....:naughty:

How to weigh a parcel when you haven't got a 2kg scale: weigh yourself on bathroom scales. Then weigh yourself again, this time holding parcel. Subtract 1st result from second to get weight of parcel.

Of course you need to have bathroom scales for this.....:naughty:

Oh, we have :naughty:. But I won't weigh myself :naughty:. And our doggy is not willing to carry the parcel on its back or even stand on the barhroom scale :naughty:. :fisch:

anyone want to do a mm with me starting around about the end of june?? (anyone from anywhere will be fine) I won't be able to afford to start til the end of June (Derren Brown is costing me a fortune again lol) but I'd love to do another mm & i don't seem to be able to find anyone from Japan or china atm

I might join Mika Mail. I asked my mom (she's kinda skeptical about like intenet-ish stuff) and she said maybe. If she lets me I would preffer a MM partner from England, please. :teehee:

anyone want to do a mm with me starting around about the end of june?? (anyone from anywhere will be fine) I won't be able to afford to start til the end of June (Derren Brown is costing me a fortune again lol) but I'd love to do another mm & i don't seem to be able to find anyone from Japan or china atm

Give me a moment to edit the list!

Uhm, buuuuuuuuuuut... Sofiamica is looking for someone from England and DarkLight is from the UK and looking for someone to MM with at the end of June... :das::fisch:

--------------------------------

Here is the list of current Mika Mailers:

Current MMers

Sarah_Lollipop (UK) - ircazo (Austria)

England - RosinaKiwi

mika-obsessive-13 (UK) - lulle91

JoseOle (NL) - dilek (Turkey)

iadoremika- LadyGodiva (US)

Neiobi (Portugal)- JULS92 (SUI)

mozarella (SWE) - lala_lollies44 (2 people, Katelyn and Shruti) (US)

Happikali - dilek

musicfreak (US) - xBillyBrownx (Egypt)

Petra (GER) - England (US)

NuttyGummy (US) - silver (UK) (Easteregg-MM)

~Ana~ (MEX) - Cintia_Jenny (ARG)

keti - Rain (FRA)

and these lovely MMers want to participate (again) and are looking for willing partners: :das:

Kata (DK)

Lucrezia

Superstar (USA)

soangel

elise_xx (NL) - looking for a partner from Japan

DarkLight (UK)

RosinaKiwi (NZ) (not nownow though)

sofimica3212 (might join)

If you want I could do MM with you (if my mom lets me).

If you want I could do MM with you (if my mom lets me).

yup sure I'll do a mm with you no problem:thumb_yello: I'm also doing one with lulle as well:thumb_yello: woohoo 2 mm's

by gosh that's gonna be expensive eeekkk:shocked::roftl::naughty: