the stressed out student thread

emmylou

i would like to start a thread for all the student whetehr you are young , old in high school or univeristy or if you are like me a post grad who is trying to complete her dissertation beofre friday (i know what i want and need to write).

i would be the first to say studying is extermerly rewarding but very very hard nad it seems that the older you get the harder it is!! HAving a full time job and doing a degree is something i would not want to do again!!

so this thread really is for you students to vent some frustration or advice to others!!

all the best to you all and keep going the end is nearly in sight!!!:blush-anim-cl:

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I'm a post grad like you, but I'm not writing my dissertation yet. (good luck with that, btw! :wink2:)

But I'm a bit stressed out, because I guess this is not exactly what I expected, we're all still waiting to know our definitive schedule (because the darn college is even less organized than me!) and the classes are at night (which I hate)... :boxed:

thankyou honey !!!!

its hard ! i was not allowed to have time off to go to my classes! i was not allowed to take holiday days either ! i had to go on my day off and i get a lot of split days off! it was pants! i ahve to pass this time or i will not be able to study with this part. uni again!! not that thats worrying me !! always the other one too lol!!!! plusi wont lose my job either!

thankyou honey !!!!

its hard ! i was not allowed to have time off to go to my classes! i was not allowed to take holiday days either ! i had to go on my day off and i get a lot of split days off! it was pants! i ahve to pass this time or i will not be able to study with this part. uni again!! not that thats worrying me !! always the other one too lol!!!! plusi wont lose my job either!

I'm in the opposite situation I guess... I'm looking for a job, but because of the classes I haven't got any luck yet... :boxed:

So far they wanted me to work until 8 pm, but I have classes from 6.30 pm.

And I know that if I don't study this year, then I'll loose the will to do it, so it has to be now I guess. :boxed:

I'm a bit confused right now about all this and I don't know I'll make it, but...one day at a time!

it seems the same for me! i am lucky though i am a nurse so i will alwayas have my profession! after this i am going to study maths and science again as i want ot be a paramedic! ( i work in the emergency department at the min )! thats even more studying lol!! you would think i would have had enough!

I'm a teacher, or at least I studied to be one, but at the moment it's too difficult to get a job in that area... I graduated last year, so I'm still pretty immature, in terms of teaching. And I'm starting to think if I really want to do this. :boxed: I'm really insecure about my professional life... So I decided to study again, hopefully it will help me.

if i have to write spirituality or pallative ONE MORE TIME !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A friend of mine sings a song that may help you now...

It's called "Relax (Take it Easy)" :mf_rosetinted:

:naughty::naughty::naughty:

this is me! lol

i have to get all A's. im not allowed to have a B. or i lose everything (laptop, cellfone, tv, etc) and golf is a big thing on my dads side of the family, and im on the varsity team as a freshmen, and i feel like i have to get better each day. i feel like in soccer (the sport i love the most) that im gettin worse bcuz i havent gone to any practices, so i need to do my better than best in games, and im in band, and it takes a lot of extra time, and it stresses me out all the time, and i start swimming nxt week, nd i feel like im so behind all my friends who started 2 months ago and that i will have to push myself as hard as i can. and on average, from monday-thursday, i dont get home between 6:30-8:15. on friday i dont get home til mmidnight

this is me! lol

i have to get all A's. im not allowed to have a B. or i lose everything (laptop, cellfone, tv, etc) and golf is a big thing on my dads side of the family, and im on the varsity team as a freshmen, and i feel like i have to get better each day. i feel like in soccer (the sport i love the most) that im gettin worse bcuz i havent gone to any practices, so i need to do my better than best in games, and im in band, and it takes a lot of extra time, and it stresses me out all the time, and i start swimming nxt week, nd i feel like im so behind all my friends who started 2 months ago and that i will have to push myself as hard as i can. and on average, from monday-thursday, i dont get home between 6:30-8:15. on friday i dont get home til mmidnight

:shocked:

How many days has your week?? 10?? :shocked:

Mmmhmmm, yes, I'm highly stressed also. Trying to find pictures of animals in google images and it is not giving me correct photos for the breeds I am searching! :shocked:

(Hey, if I'm going to do some study I may as well do the fun 'study')

*goes back to finding pictures of animals* :naughty:

I belong here but I like what I study now cause I do loads of sports like voley ,basketball ,athletics and especially swimming almost every day :wub2:

I used to study tourism last year but I gave up cause I had loads of maths and other stuff like that

Yay! A thread for me!:mf_rosetinted:

I can say without any shadow of doubt that the school year 07/08 was the most difficult year ever. I lost so many nerves, and when I start to think about it I realise it wasn't (it isn't) worth it, but I can't help myself. I worry way too much but that's just me.:biggrin2:And maybe that's why I flunked this year, and now I have to retake 3rd year. For some time I really hated myself because of that and thought I didn't deserve to live but I've tried my best to put all these bad things behind me and get the best out of the situation.

I'm really insecure about my professional life... So I decided to study again, hopefully it will help me.

And that's exactly my problem. If I were 20 again and deciding to which college to go, I would NEVER ever decide for law school again.:thumbdown:

Yay! A thread for me!:mf_rosetinted:

I can say without any shadow of doubt that the school year 07/08 was the most difficult year ever. I lost so many nerves, and when I start to think about it I realise it wasn't (it isn't) worth it, but I can't help myself. I worry way too much but that's just me.:biggrin2:And maybe that's why I flunked this year, and now I have to retake 3rd year. For some time I really hated myself because of that and thought I didn't deserve to live but I've tried my best to put all these bad things behind me and get the best out of the situation.

And that's exactly my problem. If I were 20 again and deciding to which college to go, I would NEVER ever decide for law school again.:thumbdown:

But what happenned? you wanted to go to law school , you did, and ended up not liking it, or...?

But what happenned? you wanted to go to law school , you did, and ended up not liking it, or...?

Huh, now that's quite complicated to explain.:naughty:I wanted to go to study sociology of cultures and spanish language. But then I didn't pass the math exam at the end of my highschool (cause I'm so clever:mf_rosetinted:), and I had to retake it at the end of summer...but by then all the places for those two studies were taken, and then I did the biggest mistake and listened to my dad who said that law school is good and that I'll like it because it has lots of social topics.:doh: But I soon realised that it is just dull and blah. Well, at least for me cause I'm more creative soul, mostly interested in people, relations between them, different cultures and langauges. And I know-- I could've left it years ago but I passed the first so easy that I decided to stay, well in fact, I wasn't really thinking about leaving anyways. But now I'll do my best to finish it... walking away would of course be the easiest way but I've done too much and lost too many nerves to not to get this stupid degree now.:naughty: