• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree she is a genius - at least in marketing and recycling :teehee:- and find her a great singer / performer, too:thumb_yello:

@Mika's boo Thanks for the story about the meat dress. :thumb_yello: Well, it is a nice background story but I don't think it reached more than 1 percent of people who heard about the dress itself. In any case, great publicity. :dunno:

I hope she believes in the causes she supports. In this particular case , mission is accomplished, I guess, as I remember reading recently how gay people are now allowed in the US Army. (The idea itself sounds a bit strange to me but that is another question. :cool:)

And I loved her so much...but she's changed a lot and somehow lost her personality, became too comercial...and this song just sucks. Sorry :dunno:

I also hated the song first - it is very melodic and all, but like you say, too commercial sounding. And by that I don't only mean the sound but the lyrics, too. I am kind of tired of lines like "we are who we are and don't care what you think of us" bla bla . (:fisch:) It is obviously a rip off in the concept as well as the melody itself but will be a huge hit.

I watched her sing it at the Grammy's and I must admit it sounded better live. She is a great performer who always delivers.

I agree she is a genius - at least in marketing and recycling :teehee:- and find her a great singer / performer, too:thumb_yello:

@Mika's boo Thanks for the story about the meat dress. :thumb_yello: Well, it is a nice background story but I don't think it reached more than 1 percent of people who heard about the dress itself. In any case, great publicity. :dunno:

I hope she believes in the causes she supports. In this particular case , mission is accomplished, I guess, as I remember reading recently how gay people are now allowed in the US Army. (The idea itself sounds a bit strange to me but that is another question. :cool:)

I also hated the song first - it is very melodic and all, but like you say, too commercial sounding. And by that I don't only mean the sound but the lyrics, too. I am kind of tired of lines like "we are who we are and don't care what you think of us" bla bla . (:fisch:) It is obviously a rip off in the concept as well as the melody itself but will be a huge hit.

I watched her sing it at the Grammy's and I must admit it sounded better live. She is a great performer who always delivers.

That's true. This song is a perfect mix of Madonna's "Express yourself" and Gaga's "Dancing in the Dark" with very pretentious lyrics Imo.

Yes, the song sounded better at Grammy's but still she's a better acoustic (piano/voice) performer than with the whole band who covers all her flaws.

Unlike to Mika.:wink2:

via web[/color][/b]

[YouTube]xG0wi1m-89o[/YouTube]

I think it's catching on . . .

[YouTube]gTKvSv5NokI[/YouTube]

Whaouuuuuu I like how this song sound singing by those people in their ways :thumb_yello: It does not sound pretentious at all for me... but it is just me :biggrin2:

In regard to the part I bolded and underlined, I strongly agree. Personally I don't find her to be original at all. However, I do think, like you, suzie, said she is a good performer and singer. I especially like her acoustic performances. The acoustic version of "Poker Face" sounds so good - I really like it!

I also agree about the meat dress. While the story behind it is magnificent, the execution of the dress was atrocious. I only heard about the background story until now, when I read Mika's boo's post. I would think there are many other people who don't know about the story behind it. I just saw that dress as another "look at me! I'm Lady Gaga! I'm wearing meat! Look at me, look at me!" Her antics are starting to get really stale to me. I used to love her, but now I feel like whatever she does is old, recycled and...well, really irritating. Like her damn Grammy egg. Please don't get me started on that thing...

PS: suzie, I'm not trying to point you out, but your post was the one that stood out to me the most. Also, I am not trying to upset or make anyone mad, I'm just giving my opinion.

Julia2A from mikawebsite has post a video of an interview of the little girl we saw covering born this way (posted by A.Clay) Lady gaga talked with her ;)

http://www.voici.fr/potins-people/les-potins-du-jour/video-lady-gaga-propose-un-duo-a-sa-petite-fan-canadienne-395527?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Really? Do you know what she said to the little girl? :):biggrin2:

Really? Do you know what she said to the little girl? :):biggrin2:

You've got the link of the video in this article (I put the link ;)) It is the video where you can see the little girl and her mother who is filming her on a radio station... do you see it ? We can hear Lady gaga talked to her...

Edited by Etoile2roses

Oh, thank you! I really love the links :biggrin2:

She (the little girl) was live on 'Good Morning America' today!

The interviewer (George stuffing envelopes) said,

'you've had an exciting couple of weeks . . . '

she responded, 'actually it's just been one week' !! :roftl:

:shocked: I just watched. I love her, just...wow! :mf_lustslow: it just keeps getting better, her videos need to all be on dvd someday.

I can't believe Justin Bieber has made a movie and Lady Gaga hasn't...yet :aah: She needs a feature length art style film, with all the craziness in her videos but with a full story. Can you imagine? :wub2: