1. 1. Who would you vote for/ Who did you vote for? *NOT JUST U.S CITIZENS

• John McCain + Sarah Palin
    • Barack Obama + Joe Biden

• Replies 365
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm amazed by the amount of people who voted...around 75%, and it's not even mandatory!

I guess Obama knew how to reach everybody's feelings, and because of that many young people voted, not just because the famous bands did advertising and all the stuff.

I'd probably voted for Obama, even though that doesn't benefit economically my country at all. International relationships with this part of the world are not a topic in the schedule either. But I think I was waiting for a substantial change, like many people was

well I think the reality of it is , that the whole WORLD should hold some optimism now BUSH is OUT the picture :roftl::mf_rosetinted:

my sentiments exactly :mf_rosetinted:

robi?

return to reality... to the true, sad, hard, real reality... :punk:

i remember to you that we live in italy :naughty:

and, unfortunately, there are not obamas here :blink:

Sure, there's not :no: Same here

Sad that I can't change that, even voting, my vote doesn't worth much it seems, and for the Italian Prime Minister it doesn't worth a sh*t.

Now I'm confused. Who's mentioning muslims apart from you?

And I certainly thought Obama changed his church because of the press criticism

From my understanding, he had stopped going to that church before he was campaigning, and when he did go it was once or twice a month.

I mention muslims, because it's a common misconception In other words, I moved to make that point because it related to the church issue (religion, beliefs etc)

there's that.:wink2:

From my understanding, he had stopped going to that church before he was campaigning, and when he did go it was once or twice a month.

I mention muslims, because it's a common misconception In other words, I moved to make that point because it related to the church issue (religion, beliefs etc)

there's that.:wink2:

It's an interesting question, just when he started campaigning...

It's an interesting question, just when he started campaigning...

I don't know the full story. Nobody does. I believe Barack Obama when he says that the reverand's beliefs are not his. And I believe him when he says that what the man preached was not preached when he was a member of his church (I do not know when he was a member or for how long prior to the campaign he was)

But forcusing on the positive here...because I'm in a really great mood this morning: I think he will be an outstanding president. I believe in him 100%. I was in this city the night he was announced to be our next president, apart of history and forever altered by this man. He has ignited within me some sparks, and passion to be proud that I am an American. There was always pride, but never like this.

For him to have inspired 14 million NEW votes is astonishing. To have brought the youth up, and shifted a generational stigma...That is something to be proud of.

This is not just a Christian nation as he has said. He has always been tolerant and respectful of all creeds. WE need someone like that.

and we have someone like that. :)

:tears: That was the most impressive, moving and inspirational speech from a politition I have ever seen in my lifetime.

I'm so so happy!:tears:

Oh and I was reading the newspaper today showing Baracks long lost "relatives" in Co.Offaly (Ireland):naughty: I heard he has a miniscule Irish connection before but they must have really nit-picked to find that:naughty:

time for CHANGE and I do think this effects more than just America right now, this is Huge news!!

Cheers to all the Americans who voted for him!:punk: *the rest of us voted in our minds:bleh: :naughty:

I don't know the full story. Nobody does. I believe Barack Obama when he says that the reverand's beliefs are not his. And I believe him when he says that what the man preached was not preached when he was a member of his church (I do not know when he was a member or for how long prior to the campaign he was)

But forcusing on the positive here...because I'm in a really great mood this morning: I think he will be an outstanding president. I believe in him 100%. I was in this city the night he was announced to be our next president, apart of history and forever altered by this man. He has ignited within me some sparks, and passion to be proud that I am an American. There was always pride, but never like this.

For him to have inspired 14 million NEW votes is astonishing. To have brought the youth up, and shifted a generational stigma...That is something to be proud of.

This is not just a Christian nation as he has said. He has always been tolerant and respectful of all creeds. WE need someone like that.

and we have someone like that. :)

Actually you've given my positive post a very negative interpretation. I wasn't continuing the church thread- it's trivial and I'd have to look stuff up- but was genuinely commenting on the suggestions that he's been moving towards this for this a long time. (I feel I have to say- this is NOT a criticism- long term aims are good in anyone, and rare in politicians). But it is interesting to consider whether the autobiographies, and even the voting on Iraq, were part of a longer term strategy.

What do you think.

Actually you've given my positive post a very negative interpretation. I wasn't continuing the church thread- it's trivial and I'd have to look stuff up- but was genuinely commenting on the suggestions that he's been moving towards this for this a long time. (I feel I have to say- this is NOT a criticism- long term aims are good in anyone, and rare in politicians). But it is interesting to consider whether the autobiographies, and even the voting on Iraq, were part of a longer term strategy.

What do you think.

Well, I think he always knew the change he wanted to see in this country. And I think all of those books, voting statistics etc were genuine of him. But I think for him it was a matter of "being the change you want to see"

and running for president had been his dream, as I hear. So of course, every move prior and within this election was strategic.

Big Congratulations to Barack Obama!! To the USA and the world! :biggrin2:

It's really a big step towards change.. and I'm happy that what we saw in the polls and the expectations for the last couple of months and weeks became the end result :thumb_yello: and not like what happened in the 2004 elections :boxed::naughty:

I should make a thread about stephen harper, I might be the only one in it but... :wub2::lol3:

I reserve the right to throw a pie at your thread. :naughty:

AH!

I couldn't get downtown lol...the streets are blocked, and FILLED with people:shocked:

damn, but oh well... what a day it's been here:wub2:

At the exact second it was announced that Obama won, my dorm erupted into screams and cheers and people started running up and down the halls/stairs.... and now it sounds like people are going totally INSANE in the streets. My windows are closed and the sound is deafening :shocked::roftl:

What a cool thing for you to have experienced! I love the fact that this election has harnessed so much passion, and so much hope. The post 9/11 out-for-blood mentality is fading, and a new generation is coming in with ideals of optimisim, tolerance, and the bettering of a great nation. How can anyone not be moved by that?

I love that the American people are so passionate about Obama's leadership, about the prospect of positive change. Apathy...what apathy?!

I am so relieved.

I nearly cried and I'm not even American.

Me, too. His acceptance speech was an amazing thing!

That's very nice and idealistic but I'm sure he won't be able to change everything to that extent in just 4 years.

He doesn't expect to. He specifically said that in his acceptance speech.

You probably don't even begin to understand what power that institution has.

We're aware.

Anyway, not only am I excited that Obama won, but INDIANA voted democratic for the first time since 1964. My vote counted!

Edited by kk448

I know, that's why I said "too" :wink2:

There's a whole list in the link

I assumed you meant "too" as in addition to yourself.

In theory, wouldn't they both be great?

I assumed you meant "too" as in addition to yourself.

In theory, wouldn't they both be great?

yes, I'm left handed too, so is McCain, so all the other presidents they mention in the link.

The reason I said it fits what he stands for is because it actually does, I mean how he his whole "change" idea is like the opposite to what's been going on in the last 8 years. He's not conventional.

And no it wouldn't mean they'd both be great because they are two entirely different people. I meant that Barack's lefthandedness is more symbolic for what he stands for.

I'm happy Obama won this election. Its a good sign. He will for sure not be able to change so much as we may wish. Its a really hard work and needs for sure more time than 4 years. But only to see the american people dared to vote for a young and non white man gives me so much hope for the world.

Congrats Obama!:thumb_yello:

Sometimes I'm proud of the human race.:blush-anim-cl:

Usually I'm not interested in politics in the slightest but I stayed up till 6am watching this last night..... I then had a 3 hour politics lecture at uni and it was all about the elections. It was the one time I could actually participate in the debate and know what I was talking about (even if I was almost falling asleep from my 45 minutes sleep I got)