The Australian Thread: Part Eighteen

Rainbow Sky

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep and that was Ezy DVD too! They're all useless! Sanity and JB are still saying it doesn't exist...mind you they say that even if you take in a print out from their websites!

They'd probably say it doesn't exist even after you've grabbed the copy off the shelf and waved it in front of their faces :wink2:

We can do a celebrate-that-Bec's-no-longer-a-teen/Sexpo double bill on the 20th. :naughty:

Tickets are $25 at the door or $22 if you buy online.

I'm thinking that if I survive Pharmacy I'll do an Arts degree after it part-time majoring/minoring in a combination of either philosophy, gender/sexuality studies or creative writing (depending on which university). :thumb_yello:

Sounds like a plan. After all, sexpo is the perfect place to celebrate no longer being a teen. And we can do the customary lunch before hand as well.

*glances at others to see if the 20th works*

I should be good to go provided I don't have work.

Arts degrees are super slack, and the subjects you've mentioned seem interesting. I know first hand that philosophy is interesting, completely mind boggling at times but super interesting. And the sexuality unit I did was fun.

Morning everyone, lurkers/newcomers/regulars and all

They'd probably say it doesn't exist even after you've grabbed the copy off the shelf and waved it in front of their faces :wink2:

Sounds like a plan. After all, sexpo is the perfect place to celebrate no longer being a teen. And we can do the customary lunch before hand as well.

*glances at others to see if the 20th works*

I should be good to go provided I don't have work.

Arts degrees are super slack, and the subjects you've mentioned seem interesting. I know first hand that philosophy is interesting, completely mind boggling at times but super interesting. And the sexuality unit I did was fun.

Morning everyone, lurkers/newcomers/regulars and all

Good morning:wink2:

*is pretending its still morning when its afternoon* :wink2:

Oh rak1, you already ft as a tag :shocked:

Wow, fame at last!:naughty:

Sorry, my sense of time in your direction is a little hazy, and I haven't had a drink all night:roftl:

Wow, fame at last!:naughty:

Sorry, my sense of time in your direction is a little hazy, and I haven't had a drink all night:roftl:

Its all good, I said morning first :fisch:

My sense of time is worse, especially since I'm getting towards the nocturnal stage that I get as summer approaches

Its all good, I said morning first :fisch:

My sense of time is worse, especially since I'm getting towards the nocturnal stage that I get as summer approaches

Well I'm gonna head off now, maybe for the best, as you may have a better chance of a blog with me gone, since that's when he seems to post them.:naughty:

Night:wink2:

Thanks *PBS*

why are you so angainst the conservatives, dear?

You're not SERIOUSLY a liberal are you?

*go green party ft. stephen harper*

I could ask why you're not against the Conservatives. I'm against them because I disagree with just about every single one of their policies, and because I don't believe that they will do what's best for Canada--and I don't believe that they have so far. We're going into recession, we're posting soldiers instead of peacekeepers in Afghanistan--and losing more every day. The already poorly-funded arts programs are suffering more losses. What is Harper doing about it?

And yes, I am SERIOUSLY a Liberal. We do exist, even though our voices aren't heard loudly enough when it comes down to it...

I dunno what keeps happening to my MQs. I hope my computer isn't pulling an OKD and not letting me MQ.

BTW, CD, I've been watching Australian Idol, and that guy who you like (who's name I've forgotten now) is clearly the best. If he doesn't win I'll be unhappy.

And his Michael Jackson moves last time were FRICKING HILARIOUS :roftl:

Wes Carr. Yes, he was great. And I loved how they completely embarrassed him on the Monday night show by talking to his Mum! But here's another man with yummy facial hair. I've seen him without a beard and he's an attractive guy, but the beard just really works on him.

I'm not a facial hair kinda girl but my friends brother always had a beard and shaved it off and it looked awful...beards just suit some people really well!

I like Wes too but What's wrong with Mark!

My uncle has had a beard most of his adult life and shaved it off once and his son was terrified of him, cos he'd never seen his dad without a beard and it just didn't look like him. That was a few years ago now.

And there's nothing wrong with Mark, I just prefer Wes. I think Wes has managed all of the different musical genres better than Mark as well. There's only been about one song that he's sung that I've thought was not real great (Fernando on Abba night), whereas the rest of the time he manages to pull it off. And Luke has been surprising me by how versatile he's been considering his voice has such an obvious musical place.

Hi All ! :bye: Just popping in briefly .....

Tan .... no, I don't have a really clean house !! :roftl: I mean, it's not filthy but ... I live in the bush , the house itself is about 20 yrs. old & made of timber ft. some of my late dad's antique furniture ... we have dogs that are allowed inside ... & a woodfire ... (dog fur, dust , cobwebs etc.) ... & a fair few sort of 'collectibles' around ... I share the house with a few other adults who are into doing 'stuff' so ... there is usually cooking bit's & pieces, paper work , comps, a creative project or 2 lying around ... it's a fairly large house & a great party house ... just think Addams family !! Hehe ... & I don't have enough storage space for my clothes so my b'room ft.'s a floor wardrobe of clean clothes :blush-anim-cl: !! We also often have friends passing thru' & staying over so ... there are a couple of spare rooms to maintain (with stuff in 'em also) ... I'm sure you are getting the picture !!

Basically, I'm not exactly anal about keeping a place like this perfect like an uber modern unit apartment in the city or smth. ... thus, when we have an event ... it takes a bit to clean & tidy the joint !! :roftl:

*is tired from just describing & now goes off to actually do it * *sigh*

P.S. Glad you came back to visit again Rose !! *gigglesnorts at naked penguin visual* :bleh:

Edited by happikali

It's uncharacteristically quiet in here, folks. It only seems to be when I'm around and as soon as I disappear you're all back to posting a dozen pages per day. :naughty:

I was just watching Torchwood and remembered, Bec, that Captain Jack Harkness (the main character not the original army dude) is actually omnisexual/pansexual not bisexual so be wary of that if you include him as an example in your exam.

It's uncharacteristically quiet in here, folks. It only seems to be when I'm around and as soon as I disappear you're all back to posting a dozen pages per day. :naughty:

I was just watching Torchwood and remembered, Bec, that Captain Jack Harkness (the main character not the original army dude) is actually omnisexual/pansexual not bisexual so be wary of that if you include him as an example in your exam.

I actually have that written down in my notes I think :naughty:

But he is still usable :wink2: as long as I mention that he is pansexual/omnisexual as opposed to bisexual.

And it is quiet. You don't think rl has claimed them do you :shocked:

(myself I am procrastinating as per usual)

BTW OKD ... in my research tonight, I discovered that Laura Dern's grandfather was a Vet !!!!

Wow, I must look like her then :naughty:

I'm not a facial hair kinda girl but my friends brother always had a beard and shaved it off and it looked awful...beards just suit some people really well!

(Ugly people)

Ezy DVD the same place that Rose had already ordered it from!

Oh damn, I thought it would be JB. *instructs/orders you to ring JB*

I can't remember what I'm agreeing to but as it's Silver, I will say yes I agree

*cough* The fact that I should have been studying.

I like Wes too but What's wrong with Mark!

Who's Mark? You're going to have to describe them, I'm not good with names :naughty:

I'm thinking that if I survive Pharmacy I'll do an Arts degree after it part-time majoring/minoring in a combination of either philosophy, gender/sexuality studies or creative writing (depending on which university).

:shocked: But why?

They'd probably say it doesn't exist even after you've grabbed the copy off the shelf and waved it in front of their faces

:lmfao:

I dunno what keeps happening to my MQs. I hope my computer isn't pulling an OKD and not letting me MQ.

Neener neener neener. Mine works now.

Wes Carr. Yes, he was great. And I loved how they completely embarrassed him on the Monday night show by talking to his Mum! But here's another man with yummy facial hair. I've seen him without a beard and he's an attractive guy, but the beard just really works on him.

This is true, but it's not a beard-beard, just extended stubble.

Hehe ... & I don't have enough storage space for my clothes so my b'room ft.'s a floor wardrobe of clean clothes !!

Ooh, I like this. Yes, I have a floor wardrobe. (not a pile of clothes on my floor)

It's uncharacteristically quiet in here, folks. It only seems to be when I'm around and as soon as I disappear you're all back to posting a dozen pages per day.

It seems that way, doesn't it? :fisch:

*wonders what the other RL 'ians are doing ??! *

I was at work for ages (which is good, because it means more money for me, but bad because I got no sleep and then no lunch so .. it wasn't so good), and then on the way home I decided to go to another camping store to inspect their backpacks and then to go to that "Rivers" store because I've been told we HAVE to have those embarrassing-looking "sport sandals" because EVERYONE has them. Rivers didn't even have any, it was some kind of clearance store or something, really extremely cheap. They had all these posters explaining that there had been a "mistake" in the catalogue saying all bras would be $1.90 when it should have said $4.90, but they would sell them for $1.90 anyway, but to be super fast because they would surely all sell out immediately, and the sale starts on Monday. But they were actually really good bras, and there were only like 3 in my size, and one in the colour I wanted (skin colour :bleh:), and they were only $9 normally, and Mandurah is completely out of my way on a Monday, I am going to Rockingham (the complete opposite direction) to pick up Tomomi's DVD from the post office, so I just bought it. And the person at the counter was like ":blink: You know these are $1.90 on Monday, right?"

:shocked: But why?

Do you mean that literally? If so my answer is: I want to study philosophy because I've always been interested in it but really fell in love with it when I took Theory of Knowledge in high school, I want to study gender and sexuality studies because they are very complicated fields and I want to have the tools and background theory to be able to discuss them properly (and perhaps one day work in an activist, educational or counseling capacity), and I want to take creative writing because I enjoy writing but I don't think I'm any good at it so I would like some training.

Do you mean that literally? If so my answer is: I want to study philosophy because I've always been interested in it but really fell in love with it when I took Theory of Knowledge in high school, I want to study gender and sexuality studies because they are very complicated fields and I want to have the tools and background theory to be able to discuss them properly (and perhaps one day work in an activist, educational or counseling capacity), and I want to take creative writing because I enjoy writing but I don't think I'm any good at it so I would like some training.

But WHY? :naughty: