Reviews dvd Parc Des Princes

Moonlightchild

Because it's a thread about the DVD which is about the gig?

Plenty of other threads about other things if you don't like this one. There's a nice new one about cherries. Not sure what that all means. :ap_rosetinted:

What's up?

I know, but people are acting like it's July 4th again and they just got back from the gig or something. I've already read everyone's opinions about this concert in the review thread, now I want to see people talking about the DVD and the documentary. You know, how the camera shots are, the sound, etc. :original:

Cherries? Hmm...

Not much. :naughty:

Got lost on a field trip today. :rolls_eyes:

You?

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think one of the things which comes out of the DVD is that Mika is feeding off the SIZE of the crowd, and the concept of the WHOLE stadium being there just to see HIM (and he thinks they are also there for his "show")

So he is not interacting with the crowd/front row/individuals like he has been known to do at smaller gigs, the sheer size makes that impossible, but from MIKA's point of view, his emotions were running a lot higher for this gig than they usually do. So whereas many of you usually feel a total buzz from where you are at a gig, this PDP show was MIKA getting all of that buzz. And I think the MIKA buzz is what is captured in the DVD.

And who is MAUREEN?? (Tried to google and only came up with Maureen Scott. http://www.ram.ac.uk/study/selectadepartment/biogs/Maureen+Scott.htm (perhaps a younger picture?)

I know this is going to sound horribly sad and pathetic but I would pretend, I was at the Paris gig on LICM dvd. It is the closest thing i have gotten to his gigs since youtube, but I appreciate DVDs because I have a big TV and I can pretend I'm in the audience with you guys :tears:

I know, but people are acting like it's July 4th again and they just got back from the gig or something. I've already read everyone's opinions about this concert in the review thread, now I want to see people talking about the DVD and the documentary. You know, how the camera shots are, the sound, etc. :original:

Cherries? Hmm...

You?

Hmm well Christine did have some comments about the camera angles and the way it was edited. Most people only had eyes for Mika though. :naughty:

You got lost on a field trip? Hope it didn't cause too many problems?

I've been on the bloody computer all day. Tomorrow I really should do something else. Anyway I must go to bed it's 1.00am here. Good to know that you're OK though, I thought you were being uncharachteristically stroppy! :naughty: Night x

Cherries? Hmm...

You?

You're so mean :lmfao:

I don't know about you and you're Mika seeing and Brian May hugging but if I went to a gig, 2 years later I'd still have a big cheery grin. And I don't blame the people who went to one of his more...impressive gigs, to still be smiling like they just met him.

Just grin and bear it, Nones, grin and bear it.

I know this is going to sound horribly sad and pathetic but I would pretend, I was at the Paris gig on LICM dvd. It is the closest thing i have gotten to his gigs since youtube, but I appreciate DVDs because I have a big TV and I can pretend I'm in the audience with you guys :tears:

Aw love! :tears::huglove:

Hmm well Christine did have some comments about the camera angles and the way it was edited. Most people only had eyes for Mika though. :naughty:

You got lost on a field trip? Hope it didn't cause too many problems?

I've been on the bloody computer all day. Tomorrow I really should do something else. Anyway I must go to bed it's 1.00am here. Good to know that you're OK though, I thought you were being uncharachteristically stroppy! :naughty: Night x

Yes, I saw :naughty:

Yeah, we went to UCLA and the place is MASSIVE!

My teacher and kids in my class kept calling me 'cause they were all on the school bus and my friend and I were still roaming around the campus like fools :lol3:

Ha, story of my life :naughty:

Ok, well sweet dreams and talk to you later. Goodnight. :bye:

Aw love! :tears::huglove:

yeah, it sounds even more sad and pathetic as i re-read it :aah: but it's okay, one day I will have my turn. One day. I don't always get something I deserve, like a Kudos for being a good student, getting good grades, putting up with being ignored, my best friend got all the credit while I just had to grin and congradulate her while I was crying on the inside, but I do get rewarded in my own way. Being healthy happy, all that sentimental crum.

I have a bit more faith now. :wink2:

You're so mean :lmfao:

I don't know about you and you're Mika seeing and Brian May hugging but if I went to a gig, 2 years later I'd still have a big cheery grin. And I don't blame the people who went to one of his more...impressive gigs, to still be smiling like they just met him.

Just grin and bear it, Nones, grin and bear it.

I am still living on a cloud over my meetings and gigs, but I'm not going to keep bringing it up :naughty:

No one wants to hear about it again :lol3:

It's fine to relive it, but please, do it in another thread.

Well, you're right, I am just mean.:blush-anim-cl:

I am still living on a cloud over my meetings and gigs, but I'm not going to keep bringing it up :naughty:

No one wants to hear about it again :lol3:

It's fine to relive it, but please, do it in another thread.

Well, you're right, I am just mean.:blush-anim-cl:

Puh lease how long did the californinan thread? Waaaaaaay after the gig! If you don't wanna hear about it, go to another thread. :naughty:

Some people thrive off of other's memories....:blush-anim-cl:

Puh lease how long did the californinan thread? Waaaaaaay after the gig! If you don't wanna hear about it, go to another thread. :naughty:

Some people thrive off of other's memories....:blush-anim-cl:

Well we kept it in there though:mf_rosetinted:

I would go to another thread, but I do come in here for reviews of the DVD, thank you very much. :naughty:

I feel arrogant when I talk about it though...

it makes me uncomfortable.

Sorry to everyone if I'm sounding like a bitch. I think I need to take a class that teaches you to not sound like a bitch. :blink:

Well we kept it in there though:mf_rosetinted:

I would go to another thread, but I do come in here for reviews of the DVD, thank you very much. :naughty:

I feel arrogant when I talk about it though...

it makes me uncomfortable.

Sorry to everyone if I'm sounding like a bitch. I think I need to take a class that teaches you to not sound like a bitch. :blink:

:roftl: I agree with this, but what is the dvd of? zomg you dont say! :lmfao:

Thats really sweet, but bebeh, id let you brag to me however much you wanted! I know you're all going to hear an earful when I go to a concert :naughty: I still talk about going to quebec with my friends..

you don't sound like a bitch, you sound like a normal person, but I'm just applying what I would imagine being a gig goer would feel like.

:roftl: I agree with this, but what is the dvd of? zomg you dont say! :lmfao:

Thats really sweet, but bebeh, id let you brag to me however much you wanted! I know you're all going to hear an earful when I go to a concert :naughty: I still talk about going to quebec with my friends..

you don't sound like a bitch, you sound like a normal person, but I'm just applying what I would imagine being a gig goer would feel like.

:sneaky2:

I would feel especially rude if I bragged about it to someone who'd never experienced it :no:

No, I sound like a bitch :naughty:

:sneaky2:

I would feel especially rude if I bragged about it to someone who'd never experienced it :no:

No, I sound like a bitch :naughty:

Well, imagine what it feels like for them....

..... ...... ...... ..... ..... ....

:aah: Im kidding, it does feel bad, but like with lucy you have to be happy for them..:original:

Well, imagine what it feels like for them....

..... ...... ...... ..... ..... ....

:aah: Im kidding, it does feel bad, but like with lucy you have to be happy for them..:original:

See, people shouldn't overdue it. Once is enough :naughty:

Very unlikely to be his flat I would say, he is so private... Probably a friend's or collaborator's place, meant to look like his own and start his fans dreaming. A bit complicated ? But then, who said Mika is not ?

I'm not sure but I think it's his apartment because I see 2 coats hanging of Mika. It would be strange if you have more than one coat on the Cloakroom( sorry I don't know it's the right word for it,I used the translator on that because I don't know the English word for it. I mean somthing you hang your coat on, it's a stick with hangers or, on a wall)in someone else's house

Lol. I'd love to see that footage too.

Hmmm..I think that makes quite a difference yeah.

I think the whole vibe in Amsterdam was just great (except for that horrific support act, and I obviously don't mean Sam Sparro:boxed::naughty:)

I've never been to a big stadium gig (Amsterdam was big enough for me already), but I think I know what you mean now.

Yeh,that horrific support act:roftl: did you know that the women,who was trying to be sexy,is actualy a man:blink:

Sorry, i'm jumping in ... only read a bit but to me, i felt it all a bit self indulgent

A bit self-indulgent is a bit of an understatement. :naughty:

It is totally self-indulgent but isn't that what being a successful artist is all about? His success in everything up to this point is the result of executing his own vision in the hopes that if he builds it they will come. 6 million came to buy his album and hundreds of thousands have come to watch his shows.

He didn't make the choices he's made in his career because he loves fans that didn't even exist when he first started on this path. He has been driven by his own desires and it just so happens that there is a huge number of people out there who are drawn to the end result.

And I think the MIKA buzz is what is captured in the DVD.

I'm not seeing that. He seems a bit stiff to me and in Broadway performance mode for too much of the show. It reminds me of the Hammersmith gig in February where he didn't feel present until SITM when he finally started to get warmed up.

He makes a few cute OMG-I-can't-believe-this-is-happening faces, but I think the documentary conveys the emotion far more than what you can see in the concert footage.

And who is MAUREEN??

I've obviously missed something in this thread. Why are we talking about some woman named Maureen?

She comes on at the end of the documentary and says something about "you've got to be technically solid, which he is... he can't lose" and I thought (and it seems others did) very true- but who are YOU and why are you hanging out backstage with Mika

and why do we call her Maureen?:blink:

yes, i'm curious too to know who this nice woman is...

and btw

to all possessors of a deluxe copy:

play.com boasts we should have these in our version:

2 tracks Live From V Festival 2007

where are they?:blink:

oh and more...we've got another mika email pushing us to buy the DVD!!!:shocked:

i mean....we don't need to be pushed i think..........that dvd needs more advertising outside the fan base!:mf_rosetinted:

I could care less if he's hairy or shaved. if he's curly or wears a sleak. i'd rather see some hair on his head though and possibly not a beard, not a fan of it, or mustaches. :bleh:

Everybody to their own tastes. I personally found the Greystoke look rather hot :drool:.

And are you quite sure you couldn't care less ? After all you did notice the hairy toes :wink2:. As a matter of fact, I didn't until I read your post.

I totally agree about the hair though. We don't want Mika to break down when he realizes he is becoming severely bald :crybaby:.

and why do we call her Maureen?:blink:

yes, i'm curious too to know who this nice woman is...

and btw

to all possessors of a deluxe copy:

play.com boasts we should have these in our version:

2 tracks Live From V Festival 2007

where are they?:blink:

oh and more...we've got another mika email pushing us to buy the DVD!!!:shocked:

i mean....we don't need to be pushed i think..........that dvd needs more advertising outside the fan base!:mf_rosetinted:

Mika calls her Maureen- he says somehting like "and we're talking from the right place, aren't we Maureen" (the Royal "we" again- bbviously getting a complex)

I wondered about the tracks from the V festival too

I also wondered about EAster Eggs