Reviews dvd Parc Des Princes

Moonlightchild

I understand..........I feel the same way............I have trouble relating the two experiences.........I thought it was because I am an Oldling:naughty:

OoOH THANKS I'm reassured :thumb_yello: but I think that I'll join the olding soon :wink2:

Bye bye,

I'll try to remember when I was in a sweat & trouble during the gig - it will help me :bleh:

XX

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's only the booklet as far as know - there is some dispute as to whether there are some extra tracks or not.

Looks like the deluxe version to me - the description mentions the booklet :thumb_yello:

Oh yes it does. Thanks :biggrin2:

That's it I've watched it entirely !!

I really liked it :wub2:

The only thing that disappointed me was the sound. It sounds like a studio recording and ruins the magic of the night a bit. People were singing very loud but you can't barely hear anything at all on the dvd :blink: I remember having thrills down my spine on AOW and the other ballads that night cause having 50 000 people singing these songs like one man was just incredibly beautiful. It's a pity they decided not to render that and went for a "colder" more "impersonal" sound editing.

But apart from that, it was really good, I enjoyed it a lot!

The only thing that disappointed me was the sound. It sounds like a studio recording and ruins the magic of the night a bit. People were singing very loud but you can't barely hear anything at all on the dvd :blink: I remember having thrills down my spine on AOW and the other ballads that night cause having 50 000 people singing these songs like one man was just incredibly beautiful. It's a pity they decided not to render that and went for a "colder" more "impersonal" sound editing.

Exactly!! I never seem to like DVD's with live shows very much because of that. I miss the audience singing! :blush-anim-cl: And this DVD wasn't the exception.

But yes, apart from that it's very good!

That's it I've watched it entirely !!

I really liked it :wub2:

But apart from that, it was really good, I enjoyed it a lot!

I totally agree Niki. I though the same, we can't hear the big crowd singing, except when Mika made us singing. AOW was so special :wub2:

what a night, it seems so far now... :blush-anim-cl:

Same here: I've never seen him live yet either, and watching the DVD is such a big emotion to me, that I wonder how it'd be if one day I managed to go to one of his gigs..... maybe it'd be too much for me......

Or maybe it wouldn't be enough??

Your expectations and the reality might not match up!!:blink:

Nah....you'd be there screaming, crying, fainting, like a good fangurl.:wub2:

Or maybe it wouldn't be enough??

Your expectations and the reality might not match up!!:blink:

Nah....you'd be there screaming, crying, fainting, like a good fangurl.:wub2:

Guess you're right! :wink2::wub2:

That happens a lot on music dvds, as an avid collector of those i notice this all the time, they reduce the crowd noise in order to make the artist sound much better and only insert the crowd's screams & singing when needed.

Yes, good point about the crowd...........I thought that.............it sounds as though the crowd are hardly singing and yet in reality it was deafening!:shocked:

Oh yes it was, there was so much energy from the crowd that night.

I got it

I'm watching it.

Yes. Australia isn't left for dust for once. :naughty:

:punk: McLovin' it.

Well that news at least makes up for me not being able to get it yet...

Awesome. :thumb_yello:

Well that news at least makes up for me not being able to get it yet...

Awesome. :thumb_yello:

It goes well with Baileys. :thumb_yello::naughty:

How long til you get it? I haven't been keeping up with news much, (because naturally, I thought we would be last to get it) but I heard there are delays with Amazon..

It goes well with Baileys. :thumb_yello::naughty:

How long til you get it? I haven't been keeping up with news much, (because naturally, I thought we would be last to get it) but I heard there are delays with Amazon..

North American release date is December 16. If you want it before then you have to order a very pricey import. :thumbdown:

North American release date is December 16. If you want it before then you have to order a very pricey import. :thumbdown:

*sigh* And even then we're not sure we'll be able to get the deluxe version...

Good thing I'm a patient person... :naughty:

dcdeb

*sigh* And even then we're not sure we'll be able to get the deluxe version...

Good thing I'm a patient person... :naughty:

dcdeb

I am still not sure what the difference is - now that the two tracks

Play.com mentioned are NOT there!! :blink:

packaging :wink2:

someone likes packaging :fisch:

Yes, I think you're right, allegra :naughty:

From what I can tell, that's the only difference, but since

I couldn't get the deluxe version of the first DVD, I would

like it for this one...

dcdeb

like it for this one...

dcdeb

of course, every single fan here would like to have the deluxe...

this is the reason because is quite useless to ask us (or USA) if we want deluxe edition :naughty: this is a fanclub, whe like deluxe attitude :mf_rosetinted:

but shops have so few copies of deluxe edition :thumbdown:

unofficial petition:

:giveup: more dvd pdp deluxe edition in the world's shops :giveup:

Edited by allegra

like it for this one...

dcdeb

I seem to be able to get the DVD deluxe for a good price here in Japan, which is unusual. Should I get a few and ship them to one of you in North America to distribute? :wink2:

The price seems to be the equivalent of $26 Canadian/$22 USD or so. Is that bad? Add a couple of $ for postage.....

any takers??? Or are you all very patient??

Alternatively, ebay....I have been quite fortunate and got one for only 1.20 pounds plus postage. It was a promo, not a deluxe book though. All mine are Region 9. (is that region free?)

I seem to be able to get the DVD deluxe for a good price here in Japan, which is unusual. Should I get a few and ship them to one of you in North America to distribute? :wink2:

The price seems to be the equivalent of $26 Canadian/$22 USD or so. Is that bad? Add a couple of $ for postage.....

any takers??? Or are you all very patient??

Alternatively, ebay....I have been quite fortunate and got one for only 1.20 pounds plus postage. It was a promo, not a deluxe book though. All mine are Region 9. (is that region free?)

You are so generous, Blue Sky -- the price sounds about right, compared

to what we might pay on eBay or for an import. Avoca says region 9

is the same as region 0, which means it will play everywhere -- I

trust avoca :thumb_yello:

However, I am waiting to see what Mika's management comes up with,

as they did hint to us that they might try to make the deluxe version

available to us here in North America... I told them I thought MFC members

alone would probably buy about 100 copies if it were available -- even

though only about 30 or so indicated they might on my poll, I'm sure

there are lurkers out there, as well as people in South America and

elsewhere who might order from a US vendor.

dcdeb

of course, every single fan here would like to have the deluxe...

this is the reason because is quite useless to ask us (or USA) if we want deluxe edition :naughty: this is a fanclub, whe like deluxe attitude

but shops have so few copies of deluxe edition :thumbdown:

unofficial petition:

more dvd pdp deluxe edition in the world's shops

Well, where I bought it, there were tons of them...I guess people here don't like Mika DVDs very much... And they were not expensive!!

And the funny thing is, the deluxe and normal versions were with the same price. Go figure... :blink:

Oh, another "curious" thing...the PdP concert from the DVD will be broadcasted on TV tonight, at 2 am. :boxed: So yes...I live in a strange country! :naughty: