Reviews dvd Parc Des Princes

Moonlightchild

I think one of the things which comes out of the DVD is that Mika is feeding off the SIZE of the crowd, and the concept of the WHOLE stadium being there just to see HIM (and he thinks they are also there for his "show")

Mika has always been quite candid about it : he writes, and plays and sings first for himself, for 'that funny feeling at the back of [his] spine'. So his high in the PdesP came mainly from the challenge he was successfully meeting and the sheer size of the crowd. After all being selfish and selfcentered is not illegal. Or surprising in an artist I suppose.

Hope he doesn't bring that mood to the bedroom though... or his partners are unlikely to stay the night twice :naughty:. To use the love making metaphor, in the PdesP the parters on stage and the ones in the audience were pleasing themselves without touching one another.

I was there, not particularly enthusiastic about the show, and if I did enjoy the wild happiness of the audience, I didn't give an f whether the performers were having the time of their life. I left during the French version of Grace Kelly to avoid the crowd at the end of the gig and I wasn't the only spectator to do that so obviously arena shows are not everybody's cup of tea.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Mika has always been quite candid about it : he writes, and plays and sings first for himself, for 'that funny feeling at the back of [his] spine'. So his high in the PdesP came mainly from the challenge he was successfully meeting and the sheer size of the crowd. After all being selfish and selfcentered is not illegal. Or surprising in an artist I suppose.

Hope he doesn't bring that mood to the bedroom though... or his partners are unlikely to stay the night twice :naughty:. To use the love making metaphor, in the PdesP the parters on stage and the ones in the audience were pleasing themselves without touching one another.

I was there, not particularly enthusiastic about the show, and if I did enjoy the wild happiness of the audience, I didn't give an f whether the performers were having the time of their life. I left during the French version of Grace Kelly to avoid the crowd at the end of the gig and I wasn't the only spectator to do that so obviously arena shows are not everybody's cup of tea.

You have surprised me here IT. I didn't realise you were less than enthusiastic. Maybe I haven't read everything you have written.

I am the eternal optimist. Even though I really didn't like the show, I could never have left early, just in case I had a sudden revelation or something spectacular happened after I left. I would have always wondered if I had missed something vital. :naughty:

I can confirm to you, you didn't. :thumb_yello:

and why do we call her Maureen?:blink:

yes, i'm curious too to know who this nice woman is...

and btw

to all possessors of a deluxe copy:

play.com boasts we should have these in our version:

2 tracks Live From V Festival 2007

where are they?:blink:

oh and more...we've got another mika email pushing us to buy the DVD!!!:shocked:

i mean....we don't need to be pushed i think..........that dvd needs more advertising outside the fan base!:mf_rosetinted:

I quite agree! If he wants to seel more copies he needs to advertise it! There has not been one advert for his DVD on British TV! He can't expect huge sales if people arn't aware of the product. Not everyone who likes Mika are in his fan club, or on his website. Some just like his music, but don't bother with the fan stuff. But they would probably buy his DVD if they learn, from advertising, that it exists

That was why I put the link in to some vocal coach at Royal Academy of Music called Maureen:naughty: maybe it is her, maybe not....

It is so interesting reading how we all filter this gig/DVD experience through our own multi-coloured lenses. We all feel something different, don't we?! Makes life far more interesting than if everyone just said "Wow, wasn't it great!" or the opposite. :thumb_yello:

That was why I put the link in to some vocal coach at Royal Academy of Music called Maureen:naughty: maybe it is her, maybe not....

It is so interesting reading how we all filter this gig/DVD experience through our own multi-coloured lenses. We all feel something different, don't we?! Makes life far more interesting than if everyone just said "Wow, wasn't it great!" or the opposite. :thumb_yello:

I have to admit I have not read this thread as , although I have had the

dvd since Monday, today was the first chance I had to watch any of it,

so I wanted to form my own opinion before I read anything. I saw the

comments mentioning Maureen this morning - and went and watched :wub2:

PS I can not find any V festival tracks :blink:

Ok, I'm now a proud owner of the Deluxe version of the DVD! :naughty:

First, no V Festival tracks so far. I looked for easter eggs, but couldn't find any, so... I suppose someone forgot to include the tracks... :naughty:

As for the contents...fantastic stuff! Specially the documentary, I loved to see how Mika works, and it made me even more proud to be his fan! :wub2: The man can work!!! Loved to see how all the team believed in Mika and his crazy ideas, and worked with him to make the whole thing come true! :wub2:

The gig was, like Mika said, "visually delicious"! A true dream come true ! The set, the dancers, the circus artists, the musicians,......................Brilliant!

I didn't think the sound was perfect, though... And yes, in some moments I think Mika wasn't at his best, but the man was so nervous that I can understand it. :blush-anim-cl:

He was incredibly cute, when looking at the audience, like a kid going to a big show for the first time.

So...yep, it's worth watching, definately! :thumb_yello:

Edited by Mary

Everybody to their own tastes. I personally found the Greystoke look rather hot :drool:.

And are you quite sure you couldn't care less ? After all you did notice the hairy toes :wink2:. As a matter of fact, I didn't until I read your post.

I totally agree about the hair though. We don't want Mika to break down when he realizes he is becoming severely bald :crybaby:.

yes, I am sure :bleh: the whole hairy toes thing is to make a little fun of him since he's so psyched about his feet apparently. :wink2:

anyone spotted the V festival bits? :blink:

I have clicked everything I can see - and still no V festival tracks!!

Maybe the deluxe was SUPPOSED to include them and they put them

in the standard by mistake!! :naughty:

:shocked:

OMG...that IS a possibility... :boxed:

But if you look at the booklet, it doesn't mention the V Festival Tracks... :boxed:

I'd prefer that to the Hootenanny performance, tho...:naughty:

:shocked:

OMG...that IS a possibility... :boxed:

But if you look at the booklet, it doesn't mention the V Festival Tracks... :boxed:

I'd prefer that to the Hootenanny performance, tho...:naughty:

well, I have the deluxe edition and I cannot spot it there either... :blink::boxed:

I have clicked everything I can see - and still no V festival tracks!!

Maybe the deluxe was SUPPOSED to include them and they put them

in the standard by mistake!! :naughty:

:eek::eek::eek:

:sneaky2:

don't think so....i've got some friends with the standard and none found them!:thumb_yello:

I just wanted to say... that the Paris gig was actually called the VIRGIN FESTIVAL.

So maybe there was a misunderstanding there? :naughty:

Virgin Radio Festival, right?

The launch of a new radio station, as they say in the documentary...

Well, I dunno, but anyway I liked it! :naughty:

Virgin Radio Festival, right?

The launch of a new radio station, as they say in the documentary...

Well, I dunno, but anyway I liked it! :naughty:

Well I don't know, I only remember signs saying "Virgin Festival"

So bear with me now...

The Virgin festivals are commonly abbreviated to V festivals

So when they say the dvd will include tracks from V festival... They're not lying. They're just playing with our minds :roftl:

So bear with me now...

So when they say the dvd will include tracks from V festival... They're not lying. They're just playing with our minds :roftl:

oh yes,they are not lieing but it was a bit cryptic, wasn't it..? :sneaky2:

So bear with me now...

But why does it say 2 V festival tracks 2007? :blink:

It was just a suggestion :sneaky2::roftl:

Maybe they just forgot to put it on altogether!!!! :bleh:

hahahahahhaha wendi.....i was shocked at the thought that universal (or who may be) could have messed the two version up!!!

ok then...no v festival tracks....we can live without!:thumb_yello:

hahahahahhaha wendi.....i was shocked at the thought that universal (or who may be) could have messed the two version up!!!

ok then...no v festival tracks....we can live without!:thumb_yello:

We can!! I have reached Holy Johnny - and the hairs on the back of

my neck are still standing on end!! I am listening through headphones

and it brings him SO much closer!!! :naughty:

We can!! I have reached Holy Johnny - and the hairs on the back of

my neck are still standing on end!! I am listening through headphones

and it brings him SO much closer!!! :naughty:

Same here!

Is it me or in Any Other World, he's almost crying? When he asks the audience to sing... :blush-anim-cl:

Is it just me?

Ok then...

:naughty: