Reviews dvd Parc Des Princes

Moonlightchild

Ok, I'm now a proud owner of the Deluxe version of the DVD! :naughty

First, no V Festival tracks so far. I looked for easter eggs, but couldn't find any, so... I suppose someone forgot to include the tracks... :naughty

As for the contents...fantastic stuff! Specially the documentary, I loved to see how Mika works, and it made me even more proud to be his fan! :wub2: The man can work!!! Loved to see how all the team believed in Mika and his crazy ideas, and worked with him to make the whole thing come true! :wub2:

The gig was, like Mika said, "visually delicious"! A true dram come true ! The set, the dancers, the circus artists, the musicians,......................Brilliant!

I didn't think the soud was perfect, though... And yes, in some moments I think Mika wasn't at his best, but the man was so nervous that I can understand it. :blush-anim-cl:

He was incredibly cute, when looking at the audience, like a kid going to a big show for the first time.

So...yep, it's worth watching, definately! :thumb_yello:

I knew my brainwashing wold work:mf_rosetinted:

I agree with you on every point:wub2: There's a part where he just looks like a kid, at the end of one of the songs, can't remember wich, he just puts his hands to his head and smiles like a kid:wub2: And giggles, it looks like he's so fascinated, and it is a dream come true to him, wich makes up all the difficulties the show has brought to him and to the team, in my opinnion.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There's a part where he just looks like a kid, at the end of one of the songs, can't remember wich, he just puts his hands to his head and smiles like a kid:wub2: And giggles, it looks like he's so fascinated, and it is a dream come true to him, wich makes up all the difficulties the show has brought to him and to the team, in my opinnion.
So true!! :wub2::wub2::wub2:

I agree with you on every point:wub2: There's a part where he just looks like a kid, at the end of one of the songs, can't remember wich, he just puts his hands to his head and smiles like a kid:wub2: And giggles, it looks like he's so fascinated, and it is a dream come true to him, wich makes up all the difficulties the show has brought to him and to the team, in my opinnion.

Yep, I totally agree! :wub2:

My mom was watching the documentary with me and she was like "omg, so much work! He has the craziest ideas!!" :naughty:

But in the end, it all went well, and boy...what a show! :mf_lustslow:

Yep, I totally agree! :wub2:

My mom was watching the documentary with me and she was like "omg, so much work! He has the craziest ideas!!" :naughty:

But in the end, it all went well, and boy...what a show! :mf_lustslow:

Yep, my mom said the same, and how he's so creative, and colourful:naughty:

I think all the efforts were worth it:wub2:

I looved the part where Yasmine(I think) is trying on the dress costume and she looks like she's falling over, and he's like:

-Just end her pain!:roftl:

Yep, my mom said the same, and how he's so creative, and colourful:naughty:

I think all the efforts were worth it:wub2:

I looved the part where Yasmine(I think) is trying on the dress costume and she looks like she's falling over, and he's like:

-Just end her pain!:roftl:

The famous tree of life... :roftl: Poor Yasmine! :lmfao:

Oh, and my mom loved to see him cooking.

See, Mika? My mom approves you, we can make our relationship public now! :roftl:

You have surprised me here IT. I didn't realise you were less than enthusiastic. Maybe I haven't read everything you have written.

I didn't enjoy the PdesP circus (real and metaphorical) but I love the recording of the show. I am still wondering why on earth I was there but then, if I hadn't been, and enjoyed the DVD, I would have felt frustrated, thinking I had missed something special. Which was definitely the audience's reaction.

Can you give me your recipe for eternal optimism ?

he's so psyched about his feet apparently. :wink2:

Blame the pervs :insane: who kept asking him for his old trainers -and may still be asking for all we know.

Before that he was probably ashamed of his slightly misshapen feet. Then realizing people found them sexy he started flashing them.

Let's hope nobody asks him for his old boxers or he might turn all Jim-Morrison-in-Miami and indecently expose himself on stage... :shocked:

Yes I agree. I almost cried myself. He's just so thrilled. In parts of the documentary I thought he looked shattered! he really puts all his heart and soul into his work and it really paid off! He's truly a unique entertainer.

Yes I agree. I almost cried myself. He's just so thrilled. In parts of the documentary I thought he looked shattered! he really puts all his heart and soul into his work and it really paid off! He's truly a unique entertainer.

Indeed he is... :wub2:

In this show, besides his enthusiasm, what made my heart melt was the love from the audience. Congrats (and thanks) to all the people there, and specially to those who took the "Merci" banners, Mika deserved that and I felt like all the fans were well represented there! :thumb_yello:

I agree on that!

It brought tears to my eyes, really:wub2:

Though it is hard work, music industry is hard, and preparing a gig like that is even harder! And altough he knows that, as you say, he puts his heart an his soul on his projects, his music, and on the happyness of his fans.

He's going far, and everybody knows that, I mean, as he said, no one makes a stadium performance with an audience that big on their first album! That shows how wonderful he is to move, touch people like that, an only in a year or more of career.

He's meant to be great.

I know this is going to sound horribly sad and pathetic but I would pretend, I was at the Paris gig on LICM dvd. It is the closest thing i have gotten to his gigs since youtube, but I appreciate DVDs because I have a big TV and I can pretend I'm in the audience with you guys :tears:

Do you mean to say that you have never been to one of Mika's concerts ? Then you are still to experience that punch in the solar plexus that seing him for the first time gives one ; the moment the guy is on stage, even before he has sung one single note, he owns the place... and you, for an hour and a half !

If you can, choose a smallish theatre (less and less easy, I am afraid) and queue up the time it takes (if necessary, camp there) to be in the front row. Then enjoy. :thumb_yello:

Then you are still to experience that punch in the solar plexus that seing him for the first time gives one ; the moment the guy is on stage, even before he has sung one single note, he owns the place... and you, for an hour and a half !

:wub2: :wub2::wub2:

I ordered a copy of the DVD from Amazon - the only one listed - and when it arrived it was the deluxe version.

Hi Silver

the only difference between the deluxe and the normal DVD is the booklet and some pics right? does deluxe edition have an extra song or smthng?

i can't change my order,it's on its way already though i'm just curious:blink:

Indeed he is... :wub2:

In this show, besides his enthusiasm, what made my heart melt was the love from the audience. Congrats (and thanks) to all the people there, and specially to those who took the "Merci" banners, Mika deserved that and I felt like all the fans were well represented there! :thumb_yello:

Oh they were :thumb_yello: ! We were a bunch from all around the world !

Well, that Toronto gig was The Best, with capitals Talk about connection!! That was just incredible.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=CD0EQ2c4-80

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=R9RgKDrvSlk

Yes, the other support

Oooeh, cute vids:wub2:

Oh God, I still have a trauma:roftl:

Yeh,that horrific support act did you know that the women,who was trying to be sexy,is actualy a man

Yes I read that!

But why does it say 2 V festival tracks 2007? :blink:

:naughty:Good question..

I agree with you on every point There's a part where he just looks like a kid, at the end of one of the songs, can't remember wich, he just puts his hands to his head and smiles like a kid:wub2: And giggles, it looks like he's so fascinated, and it is a dream come true to him, wich makes up all the difficulties the show has brought to him and to the team, in my opinnion.

:wub2:

I ordered a copy of the DVD from Amazon - the only one listed - and when it arrived it was the deluxe version.

Oh okay :thumb_yello: But I don't get what you mean by 'the only one listed' :blink: So is this the correct link to use to get the deluxe?

Edited by Miro

Oh they were :thumb_yello: ! We were a bunch from all around the world !

Yeah, I was watching the DVD and spotted some Scottish flags, and I know lots of people from the MFC were there. :thumb_yello:

It must have been a wonderful night, heh? :wink2:

Yeah, I was watching the DVD and spotted some Scottish flags, and I know lots of people from the MFC were there. :thumb_yello:

It must have been a wonderful night, heh? :wink2:

Looking at the DVD I see a Scottish flag immediatetly behind where we were standing.............but I didn't see it at the time:shocked: I guess that is because I don't have eyes in the back of my head:naughty: I know I was focused on the stage during the gig but for the five hours that we were standing there before hand you would have thought I might have noticed!:naughty:

HI :wink2:

I'm very perplexe because when I watch the DVD and that I see the audience I think "wow ! these people are really lucky". But the thing is that I was there - in the stand :thumb_yello:. So why I can't realise that ? it's a little bit strange :boxed: but sometimes I think "oh yes I remember when he said that..." :boxed: OMG I terrify myself - I'm Gollum :naughty:

....oh and I love the DVD of course :punk:

Well ! have a nice evening everyone :huglove:

HI

I'm very perplexe because when I watch the DVD and that I see the audience I think "wow ! these people are really lucky". But the thing is that I was there - in the stand :thumb_yello:. So why I can't realise that ? it's a little bit strange :boxed: but sometimes I think "oh yes I remember when he said that..." :boxed: OMG I terrify myself - I'm Gollum :naughty:

....oh and I love the DVD of course :punk:

Well ! have a nice evening everyone :huglove:

I understand..........I feel the same way............I have trouble relating the two experiences.........I thought it was because I am an Oldling:naughty:

Hi Silver

the only difference between the deluxe and the normal DVD is the booklet and some pics right? does deluxe edition have an extra song or smthng?

i can't change my order,it's on its way already though i'm just curious:blink:

It's only the booklet as far as know - there is some dispute as to whether there are some extra tracks or not.

Oh okay :thumb_yello: But I don't get what you mean by 'the only one listed' :blink: So is this the correct link to use to get the deluxe?

Looks like the deluxe version to me - the description mentions the booklet :thumb_yello:

I know this is going to sound horribly sad and pathetic but I would pretend, I was at the Paris gig on LICM dvd. It is the closest thing i have gotten to his gigs since youtube, but I appreciate DVDs because I have a big TV and I can pretend I'm in the audience with you guys :tears:

Do you mean to say that you have never been to one of Mika's concerts ? Then you are still to experience that punch in the solar plexus that seing him for the first time gives one ; the moment the guy is on stage, even before he has sung one single note, he owns the place... and you, for an hour and a half !

If you can, choose a smallish theatre (less and less easy, I am afraid) and queue up the time it takes (if necessary, camp there) to be in the front row. Then enjoy. :thumb_yello:

Same here: I've never seen him live yet either, and watching the DVD is such a big emotion to me, that I wonder how I'd feel if one day I managed to go to one of his gigs..... maybe it'd be too much for me...... Edited by mari62