Mika's hopefully upcoming 2009 tour

identicaltwin3

I noticed that a few MFCers were beginning to grumble :bored: because we went on and on about the PdesP DVD, so I decided to move on... to the next tour and venues.

I was lazzily browsing the Internet, found out that Eric Clapton would be at the Royal Albert Hall next February, nearly passed out when I saw the price of tickets but thought how brilliant it would be if Mika performed there. The capacity is perfect : not too big so that you can really see the musicians and at the same time big enough for a guy who -almost- filled up an arena. Plus it has a classical music flavour :harp: , very appropriate.

I went as far as choosing on their seating chart my seat for that night.

Hardly moving on, rather daydreaming I'm afraid, but it felt good :cheerful_h4h:.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I noticed that a few MFCers were beginning to grumble :bored: because we went on and on about the PdesP DVD, so I decided to move on... to the next tour and venues.

I was lazzily browsing the Internet, found out that Eric Clapton would be at the Royal Albert Hall next February, nearly passed out when I saw the price of tickets but thought how brilliant it would be if Mika performed there. The capacity is perfect : not too big so that you can really see the musicians and at the same time big enough for a guy who -almost- filled up an arena. Plus it has a classical music flavour :harp: , very appropriate.

I went as far as choosing on their seating chart my seat for that night.

Hardly moving on, rather daydreaming I'm afraid, but it felt good :cheerful_h4h:.

Been there, tried that many months ago. He won't play there in the near future.

Yeah here you go.

http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14354

And also last year I emailed all and sundry with my list of preferred venues and this was at the top. :naughty:

And Sara did ask him when we met him in Madrid, I can't remember what he said actually only that he wasn't that keen.

Sara will probably remember.

RAH is a pipe dream. If Mika can get his butt into any venue within 3000 miles of me I will be happy. :naughty:

*adds new word to vocabulary notebook*

Oh, my Mika related priorities are crystal clear: Mika.

Lol, whether that is @RAH (which I probably wouldn't be able to attend at the moment anyway) or any 'ordinary' venue doesn't really matter much.

*adds new word to vocabulary notebook*

Oh, my Mika related priorities are crystal clear: Mika.

Lol, whether that is @RAH (which I probably wouldn't be able to attend at the moment anyway) or any 'ordinary' venue doesn't really matter much.

What, butt? :naughty:

I thought you would have picked that up directly from Mika and his little ass grab.

"Butt now, mmmm, butt now, it's gone away!"

Ohhh. Yes, you're right :blush-anim-cl:

When he's talking, he never actually says 'but(t)'- sounds more like the 'baw' version :roftl:

Ignorant newbie question- how long ahead are tours advertised? Like now for February? Is that about usual? 3 months?

It varies. Last North American tour was less than 2 months notice but tickets to last December's London shows were on sale in June or July.

I think PDP started selling very early in 2008 as well.

Yeah here you go.

http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14354

And also last year I emailed all and sundry with my list of preferred venues and this was at the top. :naughty:

And Sara did ask him when we met him in Madrid, I can't remember what he said actually only that he wasn't that keen.

Sara will probably remember.

When we met him in Amsterdam I had my RAH T-shirt on, designed by Violet_sky:wub2: and when he came in front of me I said: Mika have you seen my shirt?

As he looked at it, I said: We would like you to play in the RAH!

And he answered: It’s a hard venue to do!:naughty:

Then Sara showed him the petition we also had made and he laughed and said: You and your petitions!:roftl:

And that was about the all of an answer we got!:bleh:

It varies. Last North American tour was less than 2 months notice but tickets to last December's London shows were on sale in June or July.

I think PDP started selling very early in 2008 as well.

Thanks

I'm very much in two minds about this (forgive me!)- the sooner the better, obviously, especially as the album's likely to come with/ soon after the tour, but I haven't much leave left till April

Thanks

I'm very much in two minds about this (forgive me!)- the sooner the better, obviously, especially as the album's likely to come with/ soon after the tour, but I haven't much leave left till April

*coughsuddenillnesscough*

If the past is any predictor of the future I can be certain that Mika's timing will be the worst scenario possible for my situation. :naughty:

When we met him in Amsterdam I had my RAH T-shirt on, designed by Violet_sky:wub2: and when he came in front of me I said: Mika have you seen my shirt?

As he looked at it, I said: We would like you to play in the RAH!

And he answered: It’s a hard venue to do!:naughty:

Then Sara showed him the petition we also had made and he laughed and said: You and your petitions!:roftl:

And that was about the all of an answer we got!:bleh:

i remember him saying that RAH is a hard venue to do too! i think we were in the same table at the m&g right?

you and your petitions:roftl::roftl:

i remember him saying that RAH is a hard venue to do too! i think we were in the same table at the m&g right?

you and your petitions:roftl:

Yes we were Louiza! I was sitting across from you!:roftl:

:naughty: Why don't we play on his pathological :insane: competitiveness... as in : 'Well, Eric Clapton made it... don't you think you could ? :devil:

Good thought!:wink2:

Oooh- but we'd have to let him think it was his idea

Brilliant, now we're talking!:thumb_yello: