Why Mika and his music make us go CRAZY!?

mark0495

Hello MFCers!

Just a minute ago, I was looking my PdesP dvd again (Yes, AGAIN!!!). It was then for the first time I began thinking about it: What is it that makes me and of course the rest of the fan club (otherwise it wouldn't be a fan club :wink2:) go mad?

First, I just got addicted to Mika's music; but I just thought it was JUST music and it was very fortunate for him I liked it. Now I know there's something else behind, because it's not being lucky to attract so much people to listen to your music, go to your concerts and buy all your merchandising. There is something about this music, which makes it GOOD music. I wonder why so many people are just fan. Well, I think we can at least try to get an idea!

Mika's got me stuck to his music for one and half a year now, and that's not without reason: it was REFRESHING! A whole new STYLE! But now, it's still like that, quite some months after, and with only 12 (released) tracks. :blink: Nice achievement, for most of my songs end up in the Deleted Files folder.

Why why WHY is that? Does anyone have an idea?

Is it, like Mika explained in the LICM dvd, just a combination of notes that sounds good? Is it a combination of brilliant writing of both lyrics and the music itself? Or is it just because it's the best wake-up-album ever? (At least I think so, because I always get a huge energy boost in the morning with his speedy, super cheerful songs like Lollipop and Love Today).

Can YOU explain this? Just reply, please!

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok I can say, that Mikas music makes us go Crazy because it's fantastic!!! The sound, his voice, and his cute looking! These are reasons for me...and an important point is that he is colorful and most people search for that!!! Two years ago my life was grey and without perspective...but then...Mika came into my life and now I'm happy happy happy that he exists...:mf_lustslow:

Yes Mark, you have asked the most crucial question there is!:wink2:

What is it with Mika’s music that has that special feeling?:wub2:

People who hasn’t paid attention to this kind of music before, can see themselves go crazy and are following him around the world for his shows, to get that very special feeling again and again…:mf_lustslow:

I don’t have an answer….but I can tell you that this whole fan club thing is contributing to the experience as well!

Just look at all the meetings in different countries in the honour of Mika!

But maybe that was not your question!:naughty:

Hello MFCers!

Just a minute ago, I was looking my PdesP dvd again (Yes, AGAIN!!!). It was then for the first time I began thinking about it: What is it that makes me and of course the rest of the fan club (otherwise it wouldn't be a fan club :wink2:) go mad?

First, I just got addicted to Mika's music; but I just thought it was JUST music and it was very fortunate for him I liked it. Now I know there's something else behind, because it's not being lucky to attract so much people to listen to your music, go to your concerts and buy all your merchandising. There is something about this music, which makes it GOOD music. I wonder why so many people are just fan. Well, I think we can at least try to get an idea!

Mika's got me stuck to his music for one and half a year now, and that's not without reason: it was REFRESHING! A whole new STYLE! But now, it's still like that, quite some months after, and with only 12 (released) tracks. :blink: Nice achievement, for most of my songs end up in the Deleted Files folder.

Why why WHY is that? Does anyone have an idea?

Is it, like Mika explained in the LICM dvd, just a combination of notes that sounds good? Is it a combination of brilliant writing of both lyrics and the music itself? Or is it just because it's the best wake-up-album ever? (At least I think so, because I always get a huge energy boost in the morning with his speedy, super cheerful songs like Lollipop and Love Today).

Can YOU explain this? Just reply, please!

When I watched the PDP DVD (again) yesterday, I realised something. When the intro to Rain starts, it actually sounds like raindrops, but musical raindrops. The intro to Relax sounds (if you think about it) a lot like a steam train would sound it the puffs of smoke were musical, and the high vocal part where he first starts singing, sounds a bit like a train whistle, if you know what I mean.

The thing about Mika's music is that you can listen to a song lots of times, and suddenly realise something about it. I don't remember any other musician, even the likes of Andrew Lloyd Webber, who's music can surprise and thrill us eternally, like Mika's can.

When the intro to Rain starts, it actually sounds like raindrops, but musical raindrops. The intro to Relax sounds (if you think about it) a lot like a steam train would sound it the puffs of smoke were musical, and the high vocal part where he first starts singing, sounds a bit like a train whistle, if you know what I mean.

:shocked:

i totally agree with you on that part! can't explain better.

about rain, i haven't got to listen a proper copy of it yet..

You have a lot of trust in him, don't you?:naughty:

@Marilyn: I do agree about the intro of Rain, but I don't think the Relax intro sounds like a train:roftl:

I still think the rythem of the intro to Relax, sounds like the puffing of a steam train, but musical. It doesn't sound like the clicking of the tracks, or the sound of a diesel train. But anyway, only Mika could write a song about some person's life being like a train wreck waiting to happen, and make it into the wonderful addictive song it has become, along with all his other addictive songs.

Well...it's not only about the music. Not anymore, that is (in the beggining it was, cause I had no idea who he was...lol).

First, he makes good music. Fact.

He is extremely talented and creative, his voice is really good, he always has talented musicians working with him, a good team behind all the tours and recording of albums, etc.

His music has something special, it makes us happy (at least it works for me :naughty:), puts a smile on our faces.

Why exactly? I have no idea...maybe the combination of notes, and his voice...all together make the whole thing powerful! :punk:

And of course...he is genuine, you can see it in the interviews, gigs,... He has tons of fun making his music and playing it for us, and he wants us to have as much fun as him.

I guess we all needed a popstar like Mika, instead of those divas we see everyday on tv and magazines, that don't even write their own music...

Edited by Mary

I still think the rythem of the intro to Relax, sounds like the puffing of a steam train, but musical. It doesn't sound like the clicking of the tracks, or the sound of a diesel train. But anyway, only Mika could write a song about some person's life being like a train wreck waiting to happen, and make it into the wonderful addictive song it has become, along with all his other addictive songs.

I think I can see what you mean now.:naughty:

Well...it's not only about the music. Not anymore, that is (in the beggining it was, cause I had no idea who he was...lol).

First, he makes good music. Fact.

He is extremely talented and creative, his voice is really good, he always has talented musicians working with him, a good team behind all the tours and recording of albums, etc.

His music has something special, it makes us happy (at least it works for me :naughty:), puts a smile on our faces.

Why exactly? I have no idea...maybe the combination of notes, and his voice...all together make the whole thing powerful! :punk:

And of course...he is genuine, you can see it in the interviews, gigs,... He has tons of fun making his music and playing it for us, and he wants us to have as much fun as him.

I guess we all needed a popstar like Mika, instead of those divas we see everyday on tv and magazines, that don't even write their own music...

Really good points!:thumb_yello:

I agree!

• 3 weeks later...
~Intelligence & Wit~

We all certainly started loving him because of the music, but over time we have learned so much more about him. He loves to draw, and have fun with a fellow artist (Sophie) he is fanatical about giving us wonderful concerts, and he bought champagne for 40+ people last week, because he know we were having a christmas party in London!

Those super-rich celebs: Simon Cowell, Jordan and Peter, Posh and Becks, etc, probably wouldn't buy any champagne for their fans, but Mika (who ploughs a lot of his money back into his work) loves his fans and really does prove it to us!!

God bless our awesome Mika!!

I guess not stopping to amaze and surprise us a bit of a point here...

Music aside, what amazes me more is his capacity of always having something new, curious, brightly pointed out, even random jibberish...

And his witty sense of humour which is my fav thing about mika!

You have to be very smart to make jokes work, and to give people's answers they would never expect from a pop tart! ;)

• 4 months later...

Why does Mika's music make me go crazy... *ponders*

So I've listened to LICM about as many times as the U.S. national debt (which is going on a quadrillion for anyone who lives somewhere else and wouldn't know), but it still has never gotten normal. Sometimes when I listen to it I'll still laugh and say the same thing I did when I first heard him, "This is ridiculous!"