The Mika Butt Thread

lifeinmika

+1 :blush-anim-cl:

I'm so shy, I've been here over a year and am really only now getting comfortable posting. I worry that I seem shallow, but it's easy and fun to :fangurl: and a lot harder to debate serious things. So I just try to have fun and hope I'm not judged too harshly.

I would've never thought you were shy, you're always joking around! I know that's kind of what you were saying, but for some reason I can't see funny people as shy. Maybe it's because of the interwebz, I guess it'd be a bit different to hang out with someone like that IRL.

that's a great way to look at it i think:thumb_yello:

there's a time and thread for serious debate, i think - this thread ain't it!:aah: part of the reason i was attracted to MFC in the first place is because lotsa the ppl on here have wicked sense of humors and seemed fun...i hope we never lose that...:blush-anim-cl:

+1! :naughty:

I don't think a serious discussion needs to be a debate though. We've had some really nice convos in the gay thread, for example, and that's just been about sharing your points of views and experiences. I do enjoy serious conversations, but at the same time MFC is a way of relaxing for me - and lord knows how much I hate conflicts and fights so that's definitely not my initiative when I log in here.

Plus, very often I feel like I'm unable to phrase my thoughts correctly, I'm afraid people will think I'm stupid. :teehee: Or that they won't like me. I'm afraid of rejection.

Edited by flyingkites

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"I just try to have fun and hope I'm not judged too harshly" that's a good motto :thumb_yello: i'll try to keep that in mind, although i think i tend to judge myself harsh than other people probably do, oops!

thank gawd! imagine if every thread was serious! the serious ones seem to be where disagreements happen most and i just can't deal with that :teehee: but that won't happen in this thread because everyone agrees Bob Geranium is vrrry nahce, right? :naughty:

I judge myself really harshly too. But I tell myself that if I've said something stupid, other people won't be dwelling on it like I will, and most likely people won't even remember it. :blush-anim-cl:

I can't deal with arguments, I'm very sensitive to negativity. I get way more upset by it than I should.

I would've never thought you were shy, you're always joking around! I know that's kind of what you were saying, but for some reason I can't see funny people as shy. Maybe it's because of the interwebz, I guess it'd be a bit different to hang out with someone like that IRL.

Plus, very often I feel like I'm unable to phrase my thoughts correctly, I'm afraid people will think I'm stupid. :teehee: Or that they won't like me. I'm afraid of rejection.

I could try to come up with some explanation, like, people use humor as a defense mechanism to deal with social anxiety . . . but probably I just enjoy goofing around. :teehee: Especially when I get the feeling that I'm among like-minded people (like in this thread :naughty:).

I often find it difficult to express my thoughts, so . . . +1 to the bolded part.

Me too, and miss Natacha :tears:

aaww yes, sometimes I chat with Nat on msn but not like we use to, I remember when the first grey undies and secong with so many :drool: Mika pics, I didn't know where to look first... so many people there, and always fun :biggrin2: but it's all gone now :sad:

I judge myself really harshly too. But I tell myself that if I've said something stupid, other people won't be dwelling on it like I will, and most likely people won't even remember it. :blush-anim-cl:

I can't deal with arguments, I'm very sensitive to negativity. I get way more upset by it than I should.

Me too. I often get very upset by something other people would call trivial or silly, but I can't help it. I know that especially when someone meets me in person I come across as a quite loud and fun-loving person and that definitely is a big part of my personality, but in reality I'm so insecure and fear what other people think of me.

A few years ago I managed to get rid of that kind of thinking a bit though, mainly because I realized that if some people don't like me because of say, the way I dress and my opinions differ from theirs, it's really not my problem: it's theirs. Plus the people who made it very clear they hate me were the kind of people I'd call 'douchebags'. :teehee:

+1! :naughty:

I don't think a serious discussion needs to be a debate though. We've had some really nice convos in the gay thread, for example, and that's just been about sharing your points of views and experiences. I do enjoy serious conversations, but at the same time MFC is a way of relaxing for me - and lord knows how much I hate conflicts and fights so that's definitely not my initiative when I log in here.

i agree, particularly with the bold parts :thumb_yello:

I could try to come up with some explanation, like, people use humor as a defense mechanism to deal with social anxiety . . . but probably I just enjoy goofing around. :teehee:Especially when I get the feeling that I'm among like-minded people (like in this thread :naughty:).

I often find it difficult to express my thoughts, so . . . +1 to the bolded part.

i need to do the first bolded part (am i conceited to think everyone here dwells on how stupid my posts sound? :blush-anim-cl:), and i definitely do the second part. opposite of what i ought to do :teehee:

the only reason i post in this thread so much (well not the only reason, i come for Mika's butt too) is because you girls you seem so like-minded :naughty:

Me too. I often get very upset by something other people would call trivial or silly, but I can't help it. I know that especially when someone meets me in person I come across as a quite loud and fun-loving person and that definitely is a big part of my personality, but in reality I'm so insecure and fear what other people think of me.

A few years ago I managed to get rid of that kind of thinking a bit though, mainly because I realized that if some people don't like me because of say, the way I dress and my opinions differ from theirs, it's really not my problem: it's theirs. Plus the people who made it very clear they hate me were the kind of people I'd call 'douchebags'. :teehee:

i've always been one to dwell on little--probably imagined--things long after anyone else :blush-anim-cl:

as to the 2nd bolded part, that's a great outlook :thumb_yello: i hope i can be more like that someday

i need to do the first bolded part (am i conceited to think everyone here dwells on how stupid my posts sound? :blush-anim-cl:), and i definitely do the second part. opposite of what i ought to do :teehee:

the only reason i post in this thread so much (well not the only reason, i come for Mika's butt too) is because you girls you seem so like-minded :naughty:

Well, if you are then so am I, since I do that too. :teehee: I'm always a bit worried people will think I'm being offensive or just plain stupid. But seeing as you mentioned how you tend to dwell on little things long after they've happened I'd say we're both being a bit paranoid. :blush-anim-cl: It's funny how people (including me) are so afraid of what others think of them, but what they don't realize is that everyone else is most likely busy doing the same thing, worrying if they've made a good impression or not.

We'd all be lying if we said we weren't here for Bob as well. :naughty: But I do agree, I like posting here because all of you are so nice. :blush-anim-cl:

as to the 2nd bolded part, that's a great outlook :thumb_yello: i hope i can be more like that someday

It took me ages to realize it and assure myself that not everyones opinion on me matters. There will always be people who hate me and people who like me, so why waste time on trying to impress people I don't even want to know because we have nothing in common and clearly they despise me?

i'm surprised to see how you cool chicas worry about being judged or making 'stupid' comments...i can assure you, never once have i seen any of you post anything remotely silly, imo (well i sometimes worry about the naughtiness - but we're all in that ship together:teehee:)....

well, :group_hug: i daresay bob's thread is very non-judgmental :aah:

i'm surprised to see how you cool chicas worry about being judged or making 'stupid' comments...i can assure you, never once have i seen any of you post anything remotely silly, imo (well i sometimes worry about the naughtiness - but we're all in that ship together:teehee:)....

well, :group_hug: i daresay bob's thread is very non-judgmental :aah:

:lmfao:

Are you worried we'll get sent to the NC? :teehee:

This is definitely the right thread for that.

You know many of the "disagreements" you see on MFC stem from personality conflicts that usually go beyond the board. People have run-ins in real life and there are different group of friends, etc. which is inevitable after 5 years of gigging. You're unlikely to get involved just because you voice your opinion in a "serious thread".

Anyway there will be lots of news, gig and song threads this year so I hope you'll be comfortable chatting there because there will be lots to talk about.

I just posted this in the wrong thread. :doh: Serves me right since I should be working. :teehee:

You know many of the "disagreements" you see on MFC stem from personality conflicts that usually go beyond the board. People have run-ins in real life and there are different group of friends, etc. which is inevitable after 5 years of gigging. You're unlikely to get involved just because you voice your opinion in a "serious thread".

Anyway there will be lots of news, gig and song threads this year so I hope you'll be comfortable chatting there because there will be lots to talk about.

I just posted this in the wrong thread. :doh: Serves me right since I should be working. :teehee:

ahhh i didn't really think of that :doh: thanks for that little bit of info...

i don't think i'll be uncomfortable posting in 'serious' threads this year, but don't be surprised if you see me go mysteriously silent if things start getting heated...:blush-anim-cl::biggrin2:

Even so, I think it was extremely related. :lmfao:

2ih9hfs-1.jpg

i keep seeing the thumbnail of this picture in my folder and thinking "ooh look it's Mika's butt" :roftl:

Is it wrong of me to be so interested in the knit that's in the front? I want to see what it looks like. :teehee:

Who's the butt dude, by the way?

ahhh i didn't really think of that :doh: thanks for that little bit of info...

i don't think i'll be uncomfortable posting in 'serious' threads this year, but don't be surprised if you see me go mysteriously silent if things start getting heated...:blush-anim-cl::biggrin2:

+1... Because I'll probably be crying at home, hahahahh. :naughty:

Anyways: I like you all. :group_hug:

Sorry Miss Mod, but this made me laugh really hard :teehee::naughty:

About Mo's "thing" :mf_rosetinted:

when did we talk about mo's 'thing'??:shocked:

:naughty: oh. you meant his lack-of-derriere...i can't be sure he has one either...:blush-anim-cl:

What's wrong with small butts! They're both slim men, it fits their frames. :shun:

... My bf has similar physique so I'm not being very objective about this. :teehee: Skinny boys are just so hot!