• Replies 452
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I trust the man :punk:

after all he's the owner of the place :wub2:

...and he's so creative! :groovy:

I trust Mika on a creative level, I'm just worried about functionality. The original Mikasounds was beautiful but it didn't work. The main reason MFC thrived as a community is because Mikasounds was so flawed on a functional level. People couldn't join the forum. I attempted at least half a dozen times between January 2007 and just a few months ago and never got my account activated.

A lot of MFCers do not like change and are not very technically proficient. Huge changes to this forum would be a problem for everyone. Those of us who could easily adapt will be spending a lot of energy trying to assist those who can't.

For the website as a whole I'm looking forward to seeing lots of videos and just having one portal for everything and everyone to come together in one place. I'm tired of stalking Mika all over the internet. :naughty:

well he HAS said that no other artist's website has been built like it before. and with all the time they've benn working on it..

I can just hope that it won't look too childish, because that’s the feel I've been getting from talk about it. with games and comics and such, I'm still somewhat upset about one of my favorite bands of many years changing and becoming a child's band. http://www.theladsband.com I guess it will be somewhat colourful and with a sizeable amount of animation as pages load. I doubt mika will start sharing more than he does now just because of a new website; but I guess other than that most of the features mentioned in the intro vlog will be there; probably changed somewhat from what he said originally.

I trust Mika on a creative level, I'm just worried about functionality. The original Mikasounds was beautiful but it didn't work. The main reason MFC thrived as a community is because Mikasounds was so flawed on a functional level. People couldn't join the forum. I attempted at least half a dozen times between January 2007 and just a few months ago and never got my account activated.

A lot of MFCers do not like change and are not very technically proficient. Huge changes to this forum would be a problem for everyone. Those of us who could easily adapt will be spending a lot of energy trying to assist those who can't.

For the website as a whole I'm looking forward to seeing lots of videos and just having one portal for everything and everyone to come together in one place. I'm tired of stalking Mika all over the internet. :naughty:

agrees; during 07 i hadn't discovered mikafanclub; instead i tried multiple times to participate in mikasounds; and it never worked.

i would like mikafanclub to have a part on mikasounds; i don't mind too much change.

i'm also looking foward to everything mika being in one place.

Who's that? :fisch:

I learned how to multiquote yesterday

Someone asked me the other day if this "Mika thing" was my midlife crisis. :blink: Um... maybe... but if that's true, then I'm not really minding

my "midlife" so much at all! :naughty:

Yep, I definitely feel like I'm in this for the long haul. :thumb_yello:

Just when I thought life had nothing else colourful to offer me, that I 've had all the colour I had to have in my life, Mika showed up...

When I got here last summer all of you were already here...

I was a bit shy to get in a so called "teenager" (lol) forum, but i slowly realised there was a whole bunch of people my age and even older and i asked myself WTF??? So what are you so afraid of???

And I have been happy ever after...

Of course I was recently faced by my husband and some friends with da same question deb was faced, "Is this Mika thing a midlife crisis"?

What is midlife anyway?

You only feel old when you think old...

Being 38 doesn't keep me from jumping in gigs and dancing like a maniac whenever i listen to Mika's music...

Maybe if i live until I'm 80 I am now in the middle of my life, and having another 40 to go let me tell you you'll have to put up with me within the next 40 years for good or for worst, coz I believe that we're in this together...;)

And if this "Mika thing" is a middle life crisis I just hope this "middle age" lol feeling lasts until the day I die...

Someone asked me the other day if this "Mika thing" was my midlife crisis. :blink: Um... maybe... but if that's true, then I'm not really minding

my "midlife" so much at all! :naughty:

Yep, I definitely feel like I'm in this for the long haul. :thumb_yello:

Just when I thought life had nothing else colourful to offer me, that I 've had all the colour I had to have in my life, Mika showed up...

When I got here last summer all of you were already here...

I was a bit shy to get in a so called "teenager" (lol) forum, but i slowly realised there was a whole bunch of people my age and even older and i asked myself WTF??? So what are you so afraid of???

And I have been happy ever after...

Of course I was recently faced by my husband and some friends with da same question deb was faced, "Is this Mika thing a midlife crisis"?

What is midlife anyway?

You only feel old when you think old...

Being 38 doesn't keep me from jumping in gigs and dancing like a maniac whenever i listen to Mika's music...

Maybe if i live until I'm 80 I am now in the middle of my life, and having another 40 to go let me tell you you'll have to put up with me within the next 40 years for good or for worst, coz I believe that we're in this together...;)

And if this "Mika thing" is a middle life crisis I just hope this "middle age" lol feeling lasts until the day I die...

Thank you :huglove: I feel better now :sweatdrop::wink2:

now i never belonged to a forum/fanclub before in my life. is it always like that or just here?

I never belonged to a fan club before, so I wouldn't know about that, but

I have developed some lifelong friends from the Disney forums I belong to,

so maybe it does happen, at least sometimes :wink2:

Well it's nearly two years already and I'm not about to give up yet. How long can we have this crisis for? :naughty:

I'm in if you're in, Bab :naughty:

ahahahaah laura are u my age???? i thougth u were younger lol

nope but lots of people mock me, even my family...they think I've lost my mind, that I'm weird (I am, so what?) and that I'm like a teenager who has fallen in love with a popstar...(this is actually true :naughty:)

Mind your own life, please :sneaky2:

:blush-anim-cl::blush-anim-cl::naughty:

I want contests and prizes! :blush-anim-cl: For fans in every part of the world.

It would be nice to have exclusivity. Mika has spoiled us with a few examples of this for his fan club members already and I'd love for it to extend to presale tickets and such.

I would love the lyrics posted to all his songs for the 2nd album - or better yet, a contest to figure out the lyrics.

It will likely (and eventually) include his music videos too.

He should deffinately post his lyrics. Artwork too, because it the Blackall Project has proved one thing, it's that Mika is an artist as well as a musician. I think everything on the site should be straight-forward to access, not complicated. Everything on Mika's site should be colourful and larger than life. Mainly though, it should look professional, so that people who are not yet his fans, will take Mika seriously.

hahahahahaha :roftl::roftl:

I just LOVE your sigy:thumb_yello::thumb_yello:

Thanks for that! It took me ages to learn to do a siggy on this site. I kept getting confused, because when I used a colour, or changed the font, the stupid thing wrote everything I did! Colour red Font 3 etc. Then when I highlighted anything and changed it, I'd see it written on the finished product what I'd done. I'm better at it now though

I would quite like a section which documents all of Mika's gigs. I saw this on a site recently and was able to pinpoint a really old gig I went to. It was a lot earlier than I thought too. (not a Mika gig, a Joy Division one)

So Mika could have a list of gigs and invite people to write reviews of them, or link videos or pictures the people have from that particular gig.

In the future this would be a great nostalgia fest! :thumb_yello:

That's a great idea. I'd like that!

I was just wondering about Mika's new website?

What will it look like? websitethread.gif

What kind of layout will there be?

I imagine there will be a blog and vlog section, a biography section? A discography section? A part where all gigs, present and past are logged? A picture library, a video library? A news section? And of course a MFC section.

What else do you think should be in there? Are you familiar with other people's websites and if so what do they have that you think Mika should have?

With the Fan Club section, how do you see it fitting in with what we have already? Do you think the forum itself will change much and do you want it to or not?

I'm a little wary about the MFC part changing much, it works well as it is and we all know that mikasounds just didn't take off.

Does anyone have any idea when it will be launched? Is there a ball park date?

What do you all think?

aw...dunno...im waondering all of that as well:das:

but i hope it will be our section:das: i mean fan section...where he will show aaaalll the stuff that we gave him ect and maybe give some comments on them:wub2::blush-anim-cl:

who knows...

mmmmmmmmmm

i hope mfc as a forum will have a better server and a link on mikasounds, that's all!

and turn into a real fan club, regarding tickets and perks...this is to be agreed with mikateam, and i'm sure we will get there...sooner or later.

mikasounds will be totally in mikas' hands, filled with everything he would like to share with us...pics, videos, blogs, art, lyrics...i like everything mika touches!:naughty:

and good organized archives, cause mikas' got some history now, and all material and stuff (professional or amatorial) should be available in archives worth of this name.

MFC can contribute to fill MS archives, we've got THE material, but files and folders shouyld be very well organized.

looking forward to it, useless to say