Second Album in September?

Becky

September? :tears:

i had the hope i`ll meet him this year, but with this i won`t :(

i can wait until september.. ì won`t leave the mfc but it`s probable that lots of people do it.. it`s sad

i though we`ll have a new album in March or April.. but if it`s great album i`ll wait

• Replies 505
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I disagree. Queen put out one album a year for the first half of their career, and nothing was compromised. They wrote every song themselves. I realise that's pretty breakneck, but it can be done.

But Queen is an entire band, not a singer-songwriter. I'm referring to a specific class of young artists today. Amy Winehouse, Lily Allen, Paolo Nutini, etc. They are not churning out albums in 18 months. I suppose you could argue that they could, but the bottom line is Mika is not taking an abnormally long time by these standards and I don't think it's jeopardizing his career.

Edit: Also just thought of another thing... in effect, nearly all artists signed by major record companies do become a 'product' one way or another, don't they? Just by the matter of not having total free reign.

I'm not denying that Mika isn't treated as a product in some respect. But others are completely manufactured so they do not consume time required to write songs and technically produce an album. This shortens the process by many months, even leaving Mika's perfectionism out of the process.

I remember Paolo Nutini saying in 2007 that he hadn't written much on the road because he wasn't experiencing life. He was just playing gigs and doing interviews. If he was going to have anything meaningful to write about he needed to get back home and live his life.

Rihanna doesn't have to worry about that and can just come off tour and record an album that others have designed for her.

News of the world :shocked::shocked:

This is the newspaper that often has its headlines "Elvis Lives On The Moon" :blink:

Good point. :naughty::thumb_yello:

Time flies so fast:wink2:

It sure does! I remember thinking it was ages till I was going to see the Kooks and to the Gold Coast with some of the Aussies, and this week I went to see the Kooks and next week I go to GC!!!

Though I could do without going ot the doctors on the 23rd... especially since he'll likely point out the obvious (ie, that's a pretty big cyst you have there, it'll need to be operated on :blink::doh:)...

Anyways, my point is that even though it's months away, it will take less time if you worry about it and think about it..

And it probably won't come out then.. people have said that that newspaper isn't reliable for the truth...

Anyways, my point is that even though it's months away, it will take less time if you worry about it and think about it..

Assuming for the sake of argument that September is the release date. Mika is not going to be in hibernation that whole time. We will have heard a single months before that, there will be a video out, hopefully he's done some acoustic gigs and regular tour dates have been announced. There will be plenty of things happening between now and September. There's no need for total despair. :naughty:

Assuming for the sake of argument that September is the release date. Mika is not going to be in hibernation that whole time. We will have heard a single months before that, there will be a video out, hopefully he's done some acoustic gigs and regular tour dates have been announced. There will be plenty of things happening between now and September. There's no need for total despair. :naughty:

True... but I don't see the point in going into total melt down cause Mika might be releasing his album in September... if it's that good it will be worth the wait... and as you say there will be singles and such to keep us occupied...

News of the world :shocked:

This is the newspaper that often has its headlines "Elvis Lives On The Moon" :blink:

I appreciate when you to tell us this things, it's not easy to know the difference between papers in the UK if you don't live there

Elvis lives on the moon? :shocked:me!

Go and get me John Travolta's rocket!

elvisonthemoonka9.png

Da Crab in action!:wub2:

Please tell him to report back when he gets there.:wink2:

Assuming for the sake of argument that September is the release date. Mika is not going to be in hibernation that whole time. We will have heard a single months before that, there will be a video out, hopefully he's done some acoustic gigs and regular tour dates have been announced. There will be plenty of things happening between now and September. There's no need for total despair.

I hope you're right Christine!:thumb_yello:

Hibernation...I like it! poor boy, he likes going around so much! :naughty:

I actually don't care about the new album, provided that he comes closer several times for a huge amount of gigs :sneaky2:

October 2007 is long time ago...:tears:

It's the hoover concept! I need a gig :aah::hoover:

:roftl:

He's almost 30! *faints* hahaha

I can wait 'til September, i'm sure it'll worth it

At least the new album is out this year... not the next one

I don't know you but i'm getting excited

He's not almost 30, cause that would mean I'm almost 20, and I don't really want to be 20 yet. So no, he's not :naughty:

Finally some solid news!:naughty:

I'd hardly call it 'solid' :naughty:

sorry everyone but it isn´t that long time since we got the PDP dvd...

so cant we just enjoy the PDP and dont worry about when the next CD comes out... :wink2:

I hate to say it by PDP wasn't really anything that new. It had two songs, one being a cover, that we'd all heard agesss ago, and an interview that we hadn't seen before...

Ah well.... it's gonna take a while to make a masterpiece like Rain sound the least bit appealing, take your time dear, take your time :mf_rosetinted:

That just had to be quoted :roftl:

Anyway, though at first I was like 'OMG September? This annot be serious!!! Grr!' I've thought about and that makes sense. He said about the acoustic tour before the album, which would make it a summer tour. He enjoys tying things up with string, throwing them at us and then everytime we close pulling it further away, if you catch my drift. As was mentioned before, we'd get a single a couple of months beforehand (it had better be a new song that none of us have heard before for his sake...) plus once you've finished the songs and stuff, which he's supposedly in the final parts of doing it takes months for it to be edited and all that crap, and he likes dragging things out, so September's about right.

Plus, there are bands and artists who release albums every year, and I can't help but think that they're giving expectations. If one year they just run out of ideas, fans get annoyed when there an extra wait so if Mika makes his wait longer, he's better off in the long run. I think that anyway.

And, M4L, you need your eyes tested :bleh:

September ... ? :no:

He said he would be back in Werchter, with the new album (and a little bit more sunshine, but that's optional :bleh:) .. and Werchter isn't in September :naughty::roftl:

Oh well .. we'll see .. I guess we'll hear it in time when it comes out :mf_rosetinted:

I think, if there is a single a few months before the album, and tour dates as well, that will be enough to keep me occupied and September won't seem too long to wait. But if he IS touring and gigging, I hope he sings his new songs and lets us hear them. Much as I love his LICM songs, I'd dying to hear the new material he has come up with. I have no doubt it will be excellent!

Ok, so after reading everyone's comments, is it fair to say that most people don't mind when the actual album release, tour, single, etc is, as long as they know the timelines in advance?

MIKA, ARE YOU LISTENING? JUST GIVE US AN OUTLINE OF THE YEAR :naughty:

I really don't mind when we get what, although obviously I'd like it earlier rather than later, but I would REALLY love to know what sort of schedule he's got, so that I can plan my life accordingly. I've decided that I want to go to a few gigs abroad again this year, and for that one needs foreplanning......well, more than for the home ones I mean.

Maybe we should do a petition to Mika? :roftl:For his schedule? :roftl: He could just post a screenshot of his calendar each month on the blog. That should keep everyone happy :bleh:.

Is the man even recording?

Well he's not with Jive anymore, and he's all tied up with this tv show he's on, Randy Jacksons, Americas Best Dance Crew.

That, along with writing with other artists, doesn't appear to leave him with much time for his own stuff, which is a shame, because he has the material there, he just hasn't got around to getting it released yet.

Also, there is a rumour of an N'SYNC reunion this year, so it's not looking great!

Ok, so after reading everyone's comments, is it fair to say that most people don't mind when the actual album release, tour, single, etc is, as long as they know the timelines in advance?

MIKA, ARE YOU LISTENING? JUST GIVE US AN OUTLINE OF THE YEAR :naughty:

I really don't mind when we get what, although obviously I'd like it earlier rather than later, but I would REALLY love to know what sort of schedule he's got, so that I can plan my life accordingly. I've decided that I want to go to a few gigs abroad again this year, and for that one needs foreplanning......well, more than for the home ones I mean.

Maybe we should do a petition to Mika? :roftl:For his schedule? :roftl: He could just post a screenshot of his calendar each month on the blog. That should keep everyone happy :bleh:.

:thumb_yello: It would be great to know something .. since I've a job now (wich means more money but less free time :boxed:) and you have to say when you want your days off about 2 months before .. yes, it would be great to have a schedule :roftl:

Well he's not with Jive anymore, and he's all tied up with this tv show he's on, Randy Jacksons, Americas Best Dance Crew.

That, along with writing with other artists, doesn't appear to leave him with much time for his own stuff, which is a shame, because he has the material there, he just hasn't got around to getting it released yet.

Also, there is a rumour of an N'SYNC reunion this year, so it's not looking great!

As long as his new material is not like the "All day long I dream about smex" stuff. No offence but it was a disaster:naughty:

Reunion? Even JT joining? That would be something new:naughty:

As long as his new material is not like the "All day long I dream about smex" stuff. No offence but it was a disaster:naughty:

Reunion? Even JT joining? That would be something new:naughty:

Awww, ADLIDAS was a funny song, you're not meant to take it seriously:roftl:

It was rumoured for this year, for JT being between albums, so we'll see.

Awww, ADLIDAS was a funny song, you're not meant to take it seriously:roftl:

It was rumoured for this year, for JT being between albums, so we'll see.

I didn't take it seriously and still it was awfully bad:roftl: But I don't know his other songs so I can't judge him on that.

Is JT even doing something useful apart from making crappy films? I really liked him way back but now he disappoints me:naughty:

I'm obviously losing my mind, because instead of 'smex', I read 'mfc' :roftl:

I didn't take it seriously and still it was awfully bad:roftl: But I don't know his other songs so I can't judge him on that.

Is JT even doing something useful apart from making crappy films? I really liked him way back but now he disappoints me:naughty:

Personally, I can't stick the bloke.

I'm obviously losing my mind, because instead of 'smex', I read 'mfc' :roftl:

Haha, yeah it's obviously Mika needs to show a sign of life

Personally, I can't stick the bloke.

It was a youth sin, I'm older and wiser now:punk:

I pretend to be:naughty: