Actually I was thinking about people like you :bleh::naughty:

What I am talking about is that when there are gigs here, suddenly the world and their mother turn up, coincidentally stay in Kensington, or nearby, or regularly take touristic trips around that area, and then at the gigs there is a lot of mad pushing and shoving and just general crazy, violent behaviour.

I have had some of the BEST, amazing, fantastic times with MFC'ers at gigs, queuing, chatting, being silly and having fun, and going to a gig will never be the same again if it's not under those circumstances, so don't get me wrong.

I am not saying that I want to be at a gig all by myself :roftl:. Just that London, for some reason (actually I think that I know the reason quite well :naughty:) causes all sorts of irrational behaviour and it is not pleasant.

At the last Brixton gig for example, the pushing and queue jumping reached incredible levels, and it made it all quite stressful. Not to mention the fact that some people spent the night at the queue. In Brixton. Er...helloooo?

So that is what I meant.

I know, I know...See above :naughty:

Yeah I see where you're coming from. I think many of the 'fans' should not be underestimated as things can easily turn dirty. And however we can't stop the crazy ones, I think MFCers should show their best behaviour so we will all look good. If any MFCer stalks him to his house or books a hotel in Kensington on purpose, she or not very likely he makes me a little less proud of being an MFCer. And to be honest, I'm not going to a London gig anymore after the Brixton one. I only wanted to go there because I like London so much and Mika ofcourse. But if it has to go like this, I don't want to be there any more.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah I see where you're coming from. I think many of the 'fans' should not be underestimated as things can easily turn dirty. And however we can't stop the crazy ones, I think MFCers should show their best behaviour so we will all look good. If any MFCer stalks him to his house or books a hotel in Kensington on purpose, she or not very likely he makes me a little less proud of being an MFCer. And to be honest, I'm not going to a London gig anymore after the Brixton one. I only wanted to go there because I like London so much and Mika ofcourse. But if it has to go like this, I don't want to be there any more.

:boxed: That is how I feel about it since the last ones- And it sucks because I live here, and these should be the best gigs for me. That is exacgtly what I was trying to say :blink::thumbdown:

The gig in my home town was really bad in the pushing, squeezing, and rude people area!:thumbdown:

Brixton was, to me, a well organised and pleasant experience, still, compared to Sweden!

Even when we were waiting after the gig, in Sweden, around 15-20 people, we were treated like we were criminals and they tried to lure us away time after time!:sneaky2:

Sorry to break this to you but the gig in other parts of Europe has, in my experience, been quite a dance on roses compared to the Swedish one!:naughty:

If someone is crazy enough to wait all night outside a venue before a gig, (like a girl I was sitting next to in the queue in Amsterdam, she was soaked because of the rain) I can only be sorry for their craziness!:naughty:

Personally I have to be dry, clean, fresh, not thirsty or hungry, and with the basic needs fulfilled, if I should be able to enjoy a show!

And, on a side note, adressed to the happy Londoners:

London is the biggest town in Europe and Swedish people (at least) have a long tradition of travelling there!:mf_rosetinted:

The gig in my home town was really bad in the pushing, squeezing, and rude people area!:thumbdown:

Brixton was, to me, a well organised and pleasant experience, still, compared to Sweden!

Even when we were waiting after the gig, in Sweden, around 15-20 people, we were treated like we were criminals and they tried to lure us away time after time!:sneaky2:

Sorry to break this to you but the gig in other parts of Europe has, in my experience, been quite a dance on roses compared to the Swedish one!

I wouldn’t see it like that. :blink: I think there’s a huge difference between wild and rude people. And in Stockholm audience was really WILD. In my opinion the biggest problem in that gig was the security. :thumbdown: Standing area was too crowded which was the main reason why people were pushing in the beginning of the gig. But the gig itself was AMAZING and Mika was on fire! :punk:

I understood that people in London had problems with other fans. In Stockholm we didn’t. Everyone behaved calm and friendly after the gig. The most annoying thing was security guys who tried to be too strict with us. But in the end they let us meet Mika inside the venue because it was snowing. It felt like special treatment. :wub2: Think about how many people around the world have waited for him in rain and cold… hours! For me Stockholm was really good experience and personally I miss those times when everything felt simpler and harmless. :thumb_yello:

I always came early, but that was always because I couldn't sleep anyway. But yeah, the London gig I went to wasn't a big success because everybody wanted did want to rip each others head off, especially when Mika had arrived and everyone felt the need, 2 hours before the door open, to find their places and there was b*tching going on with all the numbers etc.

Those numbers don't seem to work either, they are only causing more irritation.

And about going to Kensington...that's just sick and stalkerish and something that shouldn't happen because it reflects bad on all of us fans.

i have that too , so i'd rather come a bit early. and i also do it for another reason , i actually like waiting at a gig. it makes the day and fun last longer.

i'm always like that because i hate it that nice things always end soon.

i like chatting with other fans and meeting new people. and i can last long with a little sleep , it doesn't make me cranky or bitchy.

but if you can't yes then i agree . then that person shouldn't come early.

I wouldn’t see it like that. I think there’s a huge difference between wild and rude people. And in Stockholm audience was really WILD. In my opinion the biggest problem in that gig was the security. :thumbdown: Standing area was too crowded which was the main reason why people were pushing in the beginning of the gig. But the gig itself was AMAZING and Mika was on fire! :punk:

I understood that people in London had problems with other fans. In Stockholm we didn’t. Everyone behaved calm and friendly after the gig. The most annoying thing was security guys who tried to be too strict with us. But in the end they let us meet Mika inside the venue because it was snowing. It felt like special treatment. :wub2: Think about how many people around the world have waited for him in rain and cold… hours! For me Stockholm was really good experience and personally I miss those times when everything felt simpler and harmless. :thumb_yello:

Oh yes, the gig was amazing, I totally agree!:wub2:

But the crowds in London, Amsterdam and Madrid have been so much friendlier, no pushing at all!:wink2:

And during the queueing in this other countries we have been able to take turns to visit the bathroom or by food which was absolutely out of the question In Stockholm, remember?

Yes we were let in to the venue in the very ending but I suspect it was Mika's or his people’s own suggestion rather than the security guards.:naughty:

Edited by sienna

Yes we were let in to the venue in the very ending but I suspect it was Mika's or his people’s own suggestion rather than the security guards.:naughty:

LOL! I thought the same. The security guys couldn't have cared less. One of them had priceless face when Mika asked him to hold my poster while signing it... :lmfao: *memories* :wub2:

You lucky girl! We were pushed in Brixton gig... :thumbdown: But Hammersmith was good. :thumb_yello:

:boxed: That is how I feel about it since the last ones- And it sucks because I live here, and these should be the best gigs for me. That is exacgtly what I was trying to say :thumbdown:

I understand, it double sucks for you!

Even when we were waiting after the gig, in Sweden, around 15-20 people, we were treated like we were criminals and they tried to lure us away time after time!

Sorry to break this to you but the gig in other parts of Europe has, in my experience, been quite a dance on roses compared to the Swedish one!:naughty:

If someone is crazy enough to wait all night outside a venue before a gig, (like a girl I was sitting next to in the queue in Amsterdam, she was soaked because of the rain) I can only be sorry for their craziness!:naughty:

Personally I have to be dry, clean, fresh, not thirsty or hungry, and with the basic needs fulfilled, if I should be able to enjoy a show!

And, on a side note, adressed to the happy Londoners:

London is the biggest town in Europe and Swedish people (at least) have a long tradition of travelling there!:mf_rosetinted:

Well, the only other gigs I've been too both were in Amsterdam, the first one with barely any MFCers and the other one with almost 80, but there were no problems with the July gig, no pushing or anything, at least where I was and I think that it was the same everywhere. So different experiences for both of us:thumb_yello:

Actually I was thinking about people like you :bleh::naughty:

What I am talking about is that when there are gigs here, suddenly the world and their mother turn up, coincidentally stay in Kensington, or nearby, or regularly take touristic trips around that area,

It would be good if people who for some reason think they have a special relationship with The Lord refrained from organizing tours of South Kens with a longish stop at His London house or getting in touch with MFCers to give them His address.

It's pathetic :rolleyes: , which is their problem, but it's also irresponsible as the borderline between harmless weirdos :insane: and dangerous ones :sniper: is very thin indeed.

And Our Master, who cherishes His privacy, doesn't take kindly to that kind of indiscretion bordering on betrayal.

He lavishes His love on people but can take it away very swiftly and ruthlessly. Let them think it over. If they are still able to think. But that's another issue :naughty: ...

I understand, it double sucks for you!

Well, the only other gigs I've been too both were in Amsterdam, the first one with barely any MFCers and the other one with almost 80, but there were no problems with the July gig, no pushing or anything, at least where I was and I think that it was the same everywhere. So different experiences for both of us:thumb_yello:

Yeah, we had enough space in Amsterdam. 't was lovely:naughty:

And during the queueing in this other countries we have been able to take turns to visit the bathroom or by food which was absolutely out of the question In Stockholm, remember?

Well, can't say anything about that really. In Stockholm we stayed in the hotel next door and I remember that we just went there if we needed to and came back to queue after it. The MIKA hotel remember :naughty:

What I am talking about is that when there are gigs here, suddenly the world and their mother turn up, coincidentally stay in Kensington, or nearby, or regularly take touristic trips around that area,

It would be good if people who for some reason think they have a special relationship with The Lord refrained from organizing tours of South Kens with a longish stop at His London house or getting in touch with MFCers to give them His address.

It's pathetic :rolleyes: , which is their problem, but it's also irresponsible as the borderline between harmless weirdos :insane: and dangerous ones :sniper: is very thin indeed.

And Our Master, who cherishes His privacy, doesn't take kindly to that kind of indiscretion bordering on betrayal.

He lavishes His love on people but can take it away very swiftly and ruthlessly. Let them think it over. If they are still able to think. But that's another issue :naughty: ...

I think sometimes that posts like this encourage people who may not have actually thought about visiting to take that on as a new hobby.

It is a bit disconcerting to me that you capitalise him as if he was someone of religious importance....

Anyway, I came by to post google's search of Mika Dublin 2009...top link:

Mika in Dublin 28/05/09????? - MikaFanClub.com - 100% Mika Fans

Mika in Dublin 28/05/09????? Mika News and Press. ... Old 11-02-2009, 11:20 AM. FREDDIESDOUBLE. Creator Of Chicken.

I found that highly amusing for some reason.

It's a shame that people feel the need to harrass him even after the gig has ended and he's going home and they just chase his car. It's unnecessary and he's not going to like you more because of it. On the contrary, he'll probably be scared which is his right. The problem with Mika is that he does not say anything about it, because he's too polite and sweet to his fans to tell them off and I feel that many abuse this politeness and in some way abuse Mika because of it.

I think sometimes that posts like this encourage people who may not have actually thought about visiting to take that on as a new hobby.

It is a bit disconcerting to me that you capitalise him as if he was someone of religious importance....

The capital letters are supposed to be sarcastic... and have appeared as such in numerous other posts by many MFCers. I hope everybody here are able to catch the irony although I have my doubts.

As for encouraging people to take to visiting his London house as a new hobby :

1/ Read my post, it was supposed to be a warning.

2/ His slightly :insane: followers don't need any encouragement, unfortunately !

And I am dead (not pun intended) serious when I write that such 'organized tours' are totally irresponsible, he hires bodyguards for a reason and famous people attract as much hatred as they attract worshipping.

We don't want him to be whacked before the second album is completed, do we :shocked: ?

It's a shame that people feel the need to harrass him even after the gig has ended and he's going home and they just chase his car. It's unnecessary and he's not going to like you more because of it. On the contrary, he'll probably be scared which is his right. The problem with Mika is that he does not say anything about it, because he's too polite and sweet to his fans to tell them off and I feel that many abuse this politeness and in some way abuse Mika because of it.

I agree with you I remember on the 2nd of December 2007 when he was not feeling well after the gig some hysterical fans were chasing his car and they were screaming and everything :shocked::thumbdown:

I agree with you I remember on the 2nd of December 2007 when he was not feeling well after the gig some hysterical fans were chasing his car and they were screaming and everything :shocked::thumbdown:

Another example of the Cyber stalking is when he posted a comment on your myspace and all of a sudden, as if someone had given a signal, things exploded and his Myspace page was unavailable and the next day it was flooded with comments like: "COMMENT ME MIKA I WANT A COMMENT TOO!" etc.

The issue here is that people feel that when they go to his gigs and buy his music and merch, that he MUST give them something in return. Enjoying his music and the Mika he shows us is not enough. They want more more more. He's given all he got after a gig, he comes out to greet his fans, some feel like they did not get enough time with him and they demand even more, which ruins it for the people who politely wait for their turn and just see it being taken away by people who chase him around the room to get more. It's never enough.

Anyway, I came by to post google's search of Mika Dublin 2009...top link:

Mika in Dublin 28/05/09????? - MikaFanClub.com - 100% Mika Fans

Mika in Dublin 28/05/09????? Mika News and Press. ... Old 11-02-2009, 11:20 AM. FREDDIESDOUBLE. Creator Of Chicken.

I found that highly amusing for some reason.

I don't think you need worry about it giving people ideas- half of Britain's tourist industry is based on seeing where people grew up. The council helpfully put up little blue plaques to feed that interest. I don't think it's remotely stalkerish- how is it different from wanting Mika to blog about what he had for breakfast or what books he reads? I admit to a small quantity of wandering round Kensington/ EArls Court when I came down for the Christmas party. and I think the Royal Borough survived! (Celebs' addresses shouldn't be passed about though) Besides, a good few of London's big tourist attractions are in Kensington and I was going there anyway.

And while I have some sympathy for Londoners who feel their home gigs are swamped, you haven't really changed my plans to combine a concert (Mika or other) with a London stay. If I@m shelling out for transport and a hotel, I'd just as soon it was for somewhere with lots to see. Newcastle is handy for me, but even Leeds and Doncaster are an expensive pain to get to on public transport, and I want my money's worth. I'd meet up with MFCers if possible- but then I@d want to stay extra time to sightsee and catch up on my long list of things I want to do next time I'm in London.

I don't shove

I don't think you need worry about it giving people ideas- half of Britain's tourist industry is based on seeing where people grew up. The council helpfully put up little blue plaques to feed that interest. I don't think it's remotely stalkerish- how is it different from wanting Mika to blog about what he had for breakfast or what books he reads? I admit to a small quantity of wandering round Kensington/ EArls Court when I came down for the Christmas party. and I think the Royal Borough survived! (Celebs' addresses shouldn't be passed about though) Besides, a good few of London's big tourist attractions are in Kensington and I was going there anyway.

And while I have some sympathy for Londoners who feel their home gigs are swamped, you haven't really changed my plans to combine a concert (Mika or other) with a London stay. If I@m shelling out for transport and a hotel, I'd just as soon it was for somewhere with lots to see. Newcastle is handy for me, but even Leeds and Doncaster are an expensive pain to get to on public transport, and I want my money's worth. I'd meet up with MFCers if possible- but then I@d want to stay extra time to sightsee and catch up on my long list of things I want to do next time I'm in London.

I don't shove

That's kinda different, as you don't deliberately chase Mika to his house or go there to walk through his street.

I see that we're back to the age old topic of people always wanting more!!

I, like lots of us, WANT more but I would never DEMAND it or CHASE him for more.....that seems to be the big difference.

Caring about him as a person sufficiently to not demand more than he is willing to give. It's really hard (from experience) but if everyone showed some self restraint it would make his life so much easier....and I personally want him to have a good life not become imprisoned by it bit by bit.

Those to constantly cross the line make things worse for everyone involved...including themselves as he will just give less and less as a result.

"We" (ie MFC) can be so powerful that it would be amazing if we could police ourselves to show him (and his 'team') that we can be trusted to react to all things Mika related in a rational way! *SIGH*.....a dream..........but one I wish for often.

That's kinda different, as you don't deliberately chase Mika to his house or go there to walk through his street.

I don't see the drama in it even if she was walking through his street. Sure there will be more people walking through "his" street :wink2:. There are more people living there. As long as you don't ring his doorbel and normally walk on there is no drama I think.

I remember I liked the fact of being in London, because I love the city, because of the party, the great MFCers I met and because Mika lives there (don't worry, I don't have a clue where :wink2:). Does that make me deranged (apart from the fact that I might be a little deranged already by nature :bleh:)? I don't think so.

I would love to go to one of the London gigs because I love the city so much and I am sure there will be a lot of MFCers. But I don't like pushing and shoving at all so I might have to reconsider that (I wasn't in Brixton, just make my opinion based on what I have been told). :blink: