any new info on the new album?

Guest roelvano
Perez Hilton also said it would be release in the fall. Since he is a personal friend of Mika, i would tend to believe him. He has the inside scoop right from the man himself! :wink2:

Okey?!

I can't read all stuff from Perez off course :D

But Universal is his record label, so they sure know what's up with the album and stuff.

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Okey?!

I can't read all stuff from Perez off course :D

But Universal is his record label, so they sure know what's up with the album and stuff.

no, you can't read all info from perez, but this is what he said last week. i don't see the point in calling a record label to confirm what was said.

by the way... i didn't see your post in the "introductions and goodbyes" thread yet. it would be great if you went there to introduced yourself :wink2:

Guest roelvano
no, you can't read all info from perez, but this is what he said last week. i don't see the point in calling a record label to confirm what was said.

by the way... i didn't see your post in the "introductions and goodbyes" thread yet. it would be great if you went there to introduced yourself :wink2:

But i called universal half march hmmm ;)

I only subscribed to the Dutch MIKA fanclub, and thought: Why not the official MFC :D

Btw MIKA tweets just that he can't imagine, the second album is ready now!

But i called universal half march hmmm ;)

I only subscribed to the Dutch MIKA fanclub, and thought: Why not the official MFC :D

Btw MIKA tweets just that he can't imagine, the second album is ready now!

well, as an official mfc member, you should go introduce yourself! :wink2:

i just saw his twit also... now the wheels start turning! :punk:

Guest roelvano
well, as an official mfc member, you should go introduce yourself! :wink2:

i just saw his twit also... now the wheels start turning! :punk:

Yeah, did it ;)

Sorry, didn't look much around here. Didn't have much time. Sorry!!

But, can't really wait till his CD!! I think the perfect time is before summer holiday.. You can take it with you, on vacation, to the beach, in the bus to the city, whatelse in that lovely wheater!!

Does anyone know, if the artwork is ready?!

Yeah, did it ;)

Sorry, didn't look much around here. Didn't have much time. Sorry!!

But, can't really wait till his CD!! I think the perfect time is before summer holiday.. You can take it with you, on vacation, to the beach, in the bus to the city, whatelse in that lovely wheater!!

Does anyone know, if the artwork is ready?!

we all wished for summer (or sooner :wink2:), but i suppose a bunch of things have to fall into place before releasing an album.

we know nothing of the artwork yet. i bet it will be gorgeous!

Guest roelvano
we all wished for summer (or sooner :wink2:), but i suppose a bunch of things have to fall into place before releasing an album.

we know nothing of the artwork yet. i bet it will be gorgeous!

Yeah hehe. a loooot of things!

Yeah i would love it, i think xD

His new music sounds very good, can't wait till a single or EP!

IWhat's this about an EP in the meantime though?? Is that official, or just a rumour? Obviously there'll be a lead single release late summer (from the album) but why does everyone seem to think there'll be an EP?? :blink: personally I think an EP might detract from the impact of the second album. Dunno.

Facts:

1.a, 'project' coming out in summer (source: Mika)

1.b. EP coming out in summer (source: in an after show review, can't remember which paper / blog)

2.a, Album in the autumn (source: Mika, Perez)

2.b Album on 28th Sept (online record store or sg - I read it here)

My guess:

EP with acoustic versions of 3-4 old songs and 1 new song coming out in summer -

Album coming out late Sept/ October.

Facts:

1.a, 'project' coming out in summer (source: Mika)

1.b. EP coming out in summer (source: in an after show review, can't remember which paper / blog)

2.a, Album in the autumn (source: Mika, Perez)

2.b Album on 28th Sept (online record store or sg - I read it here)

My guess:

EP with acoustic versions of 3-4 old songs and 1 new song coming out in summer -

Album coming out late Sept/ October.

Thanks for the summary suzie.

I did see in that after show blog (I think it's the one you are thinking of too) that there was a hint of a summer acoustic release or something but I took that to be just the author's opinion. That's not really proof is it? Unless we are thinking of different blogs, of course, in which case, I take your word for it.

As for Mika's 'project', yes I had heard of that, I thought it might be more of an art project though. Or an exhibition maybe.

Having said that, your 'guess' for the content of the EP would suit me just fine, although he has already released quite a few acoustic versions of old songs already...?

28th Sept? :blink: September is going to be the longest month of my life :naughty:

Thanks for the summary suzie.

I did see in that after show blog (I think it's the one you are thinking of too) that there was a hint of a summer acoustic release or something but I took that to be just the author's opinion. That's not really proof is it? Unless we are thinking of different blogs, of course, in which case, I take your word for it.

I don't have a link but I saved it in a word doc. It is from The L.A. Times music blog

« The Quarterly Report: The best hip-hop albums of 2009, thus far | Main | Coachella: Roni Size and Reprazent bring back their beat »

Live: Mika would make a Muppet proud

by Drew Tewksbury

Review is very amateur, not about the concert / songs at all just the stereotypes...etc bu in last paragrah it says:

'The Hilton-sanctioned show preceded the release of Mika’s acoustic EP, which he has been recording in Los Angeles.'

so if I have to choose between an exhibition and an acoustic EP, I'd most definitely choose the latter.. or perhaps it will be another type of EP like a couple of Mika songs by other artists...etc..

So strange Mika said 'project' about the summer thing and he did not say record...

Yeah, the editing and producing takes a lot more time than the actual recording...just like a movie :wink2:

If that is true, it would take almost another year.:mf_rosetinted:

You know what I don't understand;can some one explain this to me please.

why did he first recorded demo's and after that the real thing.

Does it always go like that? I always thought demos where for unknown artist,to send them to record companies to get a contract.

Edited by Moonlightchild

hey guys what's an EP actually please...?

EP: extended play. Usually containing around 4 songs.

Whilst singles usually contain 1 or 2 original songs and the rest are remixes, an EP contains 3-4 original songs. ( I mean could be covers but not remixes of the title song)

It´s good to know what it is exactly. Many artists have done that - it could be very successful.

At least, this means we´ll get someting in the near future. The recording and mixing he´s been doing is work, of course, so I actually do understand he is now taking some time off.