any new info on the new album?

I was reading back and Mika was there at YT last night...

I guess he knows we're waiting for something, he has to know, but there you go, it's not a matter of argueing with eachother that will make him rush..

Although some of us are frustrated, others are bored, others aren't slightly affected but we all should calm down and enjoy MFC...

There's so much to do here while in MikaDrought...

My way of "getting even" with Mika LOL for not blogging is to make Picture captions of him LOL...or mooooing and pooing and singing Old McMika call me boring adult, wacko, insane, that's my way to relief the frustration...

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I was reading back and Mika was there at YT last night...

I guess he knows we're waiting for something, he has to know, but there you go, it's not a matter of argueing with eachother that will make him rush..

Although some of us are frustrated, others are bored, others aren't slightly affected but we all should calm down and enjoy MFC...

There's so much to do here while in MikaDrought...

My way of "getting even" with Mika LOL for not blogging is to make Picture captions of him LOL...or mooooing and pooing and singing Old McMika call me boring adult, wacko, insane, that's my way to relief the frustration...

ha! i was looking for the spelling of that word before!! where were you???

:roftl:

but it is what it is & we just have to deal with it. we may as well make the best of it. no use hitting ourselves on the head :naughty:

but when the madness starts... i think we'll be in for an exciting ride!! i'm ready! :punk:

but it is what it is & we just have to deal with it. we may as well make the best of it. no use hitting ourselves on the head :naughty:

but when the madness starts... i think we'll be in for an exciting ride!! i'm ready! :punk:

Oh drought u mean????:wink2:

I was in the bathroom, woman, even a portable dictionary like me needs a number 1 :roftl::roftl::roftl:

Madness and random is fun and healthy...not sure about the worms obssession and cutting references lately though:thumbdown:

Oh drought u mean????:wink2:

I was in the bathroom, woman, even a portable dictionary like me needs a number 1 :roftl::roftl::roftl:

Madness and random is fun and healthy...not sure about the worms obssession and cutting references lately though:thumbdown:

:roftl: i'm not a worm fan.. but since i don't look at that page unless someone screams blog!!! then i don't have to look at them.

i think i am a horse with blinders :roftl:

:roftl: i'm not a worm fan.. but since i don't look at that page unless someone screams blog!!! then i don't have to look at them.

i think i am a horse with blinders :roftl:

Care for a nahce juicy carrot???

PS - This got waaaay out of topic...lol

Going to have lunch, be back later for more randomness...;)

:roftl:

I agree with you! We're getting ready to ride another wave of Mika-greatness. Once it starts it will be a heck of a ride!!

for gawds sakes, i'm not even allowed to state my opinion that i'm BORED WITH MIKA without being told by the boring grown-ups that mika has to take his time.. whatever. he could at least not TOTALLY IGNORE us while his works on his masterpiece.

and if he releases his labum in september.. how STUPID can you get. we'd be waiting until this time 2010 until there is even the possibility of him playing in the southern hemisphere, becasue of the holiday season.

A lot of us have gotten bored with Mika from time to time and now is a particularly likely time for that to happen so I don't think anyone is lecturing you for saying you are bored by him.

What you said is that you have good reason to be angry with him if the album is not released until September and now you're saying it's stupid. The rest of us happen to think it would be stupid to release a sub-standard recording and you feeling frustrated over not being able to ever see Mika because you've been living in New Zealand is not going to change that fact.

As long as people continue to make these irrational comments I will continue to tell them that their expectations are ridiculous.

surely ONE album can't take a whole year??

No actually, in Mika's case it takes a couple of years. It took a couple of years to make LICM and it's taken a couple of years to make this one. That is the reality of the situation and people can either accept it or continue to get themselves worked up about something that in all likelihood will never change.

If you want LICM quality then you are going to have to wait as long as it took to make LICM. It was very convenient for all of us in 2005/2006 because we were completely oblivious to the fact that Mika was spending years working on an album. The eagerness and frustration of fans in 2008/2009 is not going to shorten the lengthy process required to produce the kind of albums he wants to make.

Mika has said from the moment he got off touring last year that the album will be ready when it's ready and he has never once suggested that it will be ready before September. Why anyone feels they have a right to be angry with him for releasing the album in September instead of, say, April is beyond me.

I agree with you that the lack of contact with fans in recent weeks is neglectful and my own personal feeling is that he doesn't have a legitimate excuse for it...but that's an entirely different matter than the release date of the album and everything that's predicated on it like the tours.

I agree with you that the lack of contact with fans in recent weeks is neglectful and my own personal feeling is that he doesn't have a legitimate excuse for it...but that's an entirely different matter than the release date of the album and everything that's predicated on it like the tours.

I really don't think Mika should have any obligations towards his fans. He does have a life of his own and we should let him live that as he wants to. Of course, he could write blogs every now and then to let us know what he's up to but I think we should also let him get on with the music aspect of his life because, after all, it is his job and it creates the songs that we love so much. I'm happy he has been blogging at all and until another blog arrives I'll be happy with that.

I don't mind waiting for albums .... as long as they're bloody fantastic :wink2:

I'm quite good at this waiting lark ..... and there's plenty of other stuff to listen to whilst Mika is fannying around in the studio ..... and you never know .... I might even eventually get a new Blur album at some point ..... 2003 is a hell of a wait .... and 1999 if you count the last time Graham played on a whole record ..... Yep .... :punk: I have a degree in waiting :wink2:

I don't bloody like it though :naughty:

To wait for a new album easier, than to realize, that the opportunity to see him is minimal. It kills

But to be minimal it has to exist. I really hope you'll see him soon enough. Because I'm convinced that everyone should see him at least once. Luckily, not everybody agrees with me on that. More Mika for us. :thumb_yello:

the best medicine is to think positively, it's much easier and more productive. negative tone threads does nothing for mfc's moral in this time of mika drout (spelling?). the best way to stop polluting in other threads is just not to post the same thing in all the other threads. i'm not saying it's a happy mfc world at the moment, but someday we'll all get happy and excited allllllllll over again. now that i'm anxious for!!!

if you were called names, i'm sorry for that. you should have mentioned it to mods. but 2 wrongs don't make a right. it doesn't work that way, not even in real life

there is no such things as "important" members. everybody is important. babspanky and sariflor are long time members and have earned the respect of everyone. babs is one of the oldest members that are still around. she has contributed so much to this place and we are thankful for that. but if she gets out of line, she will be spanked :naughty: (yeah babs! i know you like it!naughty:)

if you are really bored and frustrated, to change your mind, look at the picture thread that babs started a long time ago. it is soooooooo funny.

and by the way, they are both apples. didn't you say in their threads that you wanted to join them yesterday or the day before? :wink2:

now take a deep breath........ and go spread the joy! :naughty:

here can i please apologise for my behavior last night? i was overtired, angry.. i'm not making excuses, i shouldn't but just so you understand. i wasn;'t intending to insult anyone. just giving examples.

Racinghorse, I don't think you were being lectured... the thing is we are all frustrated somehow, at different levels. But there is nothing we can do but take it with pilosophy. Noone here wants Mika to shoot himself in the foot releasing a second-class album because he was in a rush, just like noone here wants him to take 3 more years to complete it...

Remember: getting angry doesnt solve anything wink2:

OK. thanks Niki. I really am sorry. :huglove:

It seemed to me or here there was a small fight of ages?

no, there was no fight, and i wasn't looking for a fight. just ranting.

No fight, Lena :wink2:.

For there to be a fight, there have to be two parties who want to fight. I won't qualify those posts with a response :thumb_yello:

my above posts. i hope i can make my behavior up to you, babs and guylainem. I wasn't trying to pick on you, and i'm glad you didn't get offended.

here can i please apologise for my behavior last night? i was overtired, angry.. i'm not making excuses, i shouldn't but just so you understand. i wasn;'t intending to insult anyone. just giving examples.

It's okay Charlie we all have days like that.

The good news is Mika has made contact. Just some nonsense about avocados though, not an update on the album. :wink2:

A lot of us have gotten bored with Mika from time to time and now is a particularly likely time for that to happen so I don't think anyone is lecturing you for saying you are bored by him.

What you said is that you have good reason to be angry with him if the album is not released until September and now you're saying it's stupid. The rest of us happen to think it would be stupid to release a sub-standard recording and you feeling frustrated over not being able to ever see Mika because you've been living in New Zealand is not going to change that fact.

As long as people continue to make these irrational comments I will continue to tell them that their expectations are ridiculous.

No actually, in Mika's case it takes a couple of years. It took a couple of years to make LICM and it's taken a couple of years to make this one. That is the reality of the situation and people can either accept it or continue to get themselves worked up about something that in all likelihood will never change.

If you want LICM quality then you are going to have to wait as long as it took to make LICM. It was very convenient for all of us in 2005/2006 because we were completely oblivious to the fact that Mika was spending years working on an album. The eagerness and frustration of fans in 2008/2009 is not going to shorten the lengthy process required to produce the kind of albums he wants to make.

Mika has said from the moment he got off touring last year that the album will be ready when it's ready and he has never once suggested that it will be ready before September. Why anyone feels they have a right to be angry with him for releasing the album in September instead of, say, April is beyond me.

i wasn't as angry with mika about the release of the new album as that i missed out on LICM. i understand he needs to take his time. more than anything i was upset that i didn't get a part of LICM.. everyone has these photos, these experiences and feel so cut off.. surely you can understand where my 'anger' comes from?

i wasn't angry when i wrote those posts, just upset. i'm sorry if they came across angry.

I really don't think Mika should have any obligations towards his fans. He does have a life of his own and we should let him live that as he wants to. Of course, he could write blogs every now and then to let us know what he's up to but I think we should also let him get on with the music aspect of his life because, after all, it is his job and it creates the songs that we love so much. I'm happy he has been blogging at all and until another blog arrives I'll be happy with that.

i think he DOES have obligations towards his fans, if he wants to keep them (or keep their respect.) he should keep in contact, its polite.

It's okay Charlie we all have days like that.

The good news is Mika has made contact. Just some nonsense about avocados though, not an update on the album. :wink2:

WHAT?? WHAT?? i just checked mikasounds and all i see is blackall round 8. is it a new blog?? i see nothing on MS youtube.

*has a panic attack*