Island 50th anniversary

Mirtilla

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't believe that we're rooting for the Dublin gig at the same time that we're complaining that he's not playing in London that week :roftl:

Let's focussssssss people :naughty:

I bet you he's not listed there because he is doing his own tour at that time :wink2:.

I can't believe that we're rooting for the Dublin gig at the same time that we're complaining that he's not playing in London that week :roftl:

Let's focussssssss people :naughty:

I bet you he's not listed there because he is doing his own tour at that time :wink2:.

I'd choose london ANY TIME over dublin. sorry dublin people, nothing personal. I'm just in love with the city. :blush-anim-cl:

presale starts tomorrow...what if mika is the special guest and we miss it???

:sneaky2:

http://www.islandrecords.co.uk/content/island50/islandlife.htm

i bet we have to wait....nice news!:sneaky2:

I think that's VERY dangerous game, unless, like for dublin, people's hols and don't mind visiting the city, or do other stuff there.

I don't think the special guest will be Mika.

"Guest" to me implies someone not actually signed to Island.

It implies to me that it's someone who is currently faffing about instead of firming up their schedule publicly. :naughty:

If they were a guest in the sense of not being an Island artist, they would just announce Special Guest So-and-So.

I think it's a bit dubious simply because Fratellis are headlining. Mika was miffed that they got posters when he didn't. Not sure he'd be happy to play second fiddle to them at Shepherd's Bush. :wink2:

I wonder if there's a chance of another gig. Mika headlining with The Feeling supporting would make more sense.

It implies to me that it's someone who is currently faffing about instead of firming up their schedule publicly. :naughty:

If they were a guest in the sense of not being an Island artist, they would just announce Special Guest So-and-So.

I think it's a bit dubious simply because Fratellis are headlining. Mika was miffed that they got posters when he didn't. Not sure he'd be happy to play second fiddle to them at Shepherd's Bush. :wink2:

I wonder if there's a chance of another gig. Mika headlining with The Feeling supporting would make more sense.

Love the technical term 'faffing' :naughty:, but I suspect that this is exactly what he's doing.

I mean, yes, he's working on the album, but still, can't he just set a date and then announce stuff?? Especially when Team Mika were so clear in the whole 'leak' thing as FD posted...The implication that there was a tour coming was clear for everyone to notice, so I doubt very much that it would all be false.

Even M himself said that he'd be doing some gigs before the album. Come on Meeks, work with us here before everyone gets tired of waiting :bleh:

Re the Island gigs: :thumb_yello: Yes, I can't see him filling in someone else's gig either...surely he would insist in headlining?

Mika needs to give us some proper information!!

Yeah, I think so. He's so paranoid with secrecy and everyone else just puts stuff out there. I wish he'd do that.

This is NOT the Cold War Mika, it's only music :naughty:.

Love the technical term 'faffing' :naughty:, but I suspect that this is exactly what he's doing.

I mean, yes, he's working on the album, but still, can't he just set a date and then announce stuff?? Especially when Team Mika were so clear in the whole 'leak' thing as FD posted...The implication that there was a tour coming was clear for everyone to notice, so I doubt very much that it would all be false.

Even M himself said that he'd be doing some gigs before the album. Come on Meeks, work with us here before everyone gets tired of waiting :bleh:

Re the Island gigs: :thumb_yello: Yes, I can't see him filling in someone else's gig either...surely he would insist in headlining?

Yeah, I think so. He's so paranoid with secrecy and everyone else just puts stuff out there. I wish he'd do that.

This is NOT the Cold War Mika, it's only music :naughty:.

Quote of the month, surely!!!:naughty:

There is a very special guest on the 27th. :fisch:

I doubt it'll be Mika. Not to sound like a bitch, but he's only released one album, so having him as a guest would be kind of pointless because he's not that well-known.

I doubt it'll be Mika. Not to sound like a bitch, but he's only released one album, so having him as a guest would be kind of pointless because he's not that well-known.

not to sound like a bitch either but i have to agree:naughty:

i remember he was the surprise artist at .......warehouse(don't remember the name of the company) new year party and there were ppl who didn't like it,so..

i remember he was the surprise artist at .......warehouse(don't remember the name of the company) new year party and there were ppl who didn't like it,so..

Yet we both sound like bitches :emot-sad::naughty:

Surprise guests are usually people who are very well-known, and have a pretty good repertoire.

Carphone :naughty::wink2:

Yet we both sound like bitches :emot-sad::naughty:

Surprise guests are usually people who are very well-known, and have a pretty good repertoire.

They didn't say anything about a surprise guest. They are probably just unconfirmed at the time the tickets went on sale. There were some places on the site where it simply said "Amy Winehouse and special guests" so they were referring to anyone who wasn't the headliner as a guest because these shows are small and they only need the headliner's name to sell all the tickets.