REPORTS/PICS/VIDS for MIKA LA Surprise Show 04-15-09

Blue Sky

.. I have some work to do now so let me write down my interpretation in brief

Part I: Toy Boy has his first relationship with a man who then throws him away like a toy

Part II: Toy Boy becomes a rental boy of a middle aged woman who tries to shape him to her taste...

He turns into a lifeless toy without a real identity

Hmm, interesting. I think the bold bit is right, the story with it ... interesting.

.. example:

people can think happy ending is a love story but mikas interpretation he always thought it was about homeless people

Really? I didn't even know that!

This was probably already discussed in the pre-gig thread (sorry)' date=' but you can see the set list in this photo: IMG_0721.JPG

THE SET LIST:

Grace Kelly

Big Girl

NEW SONG! with ooo ooo ooo's - called "Good Gone Girl"

Billy Brown

THE CLAPPING SONG! NEW! called "Blame it on the Girls"

Stuck in the Middle

Toy Boy -- Slower NEW song

Love Today

Lollipop

*ENCORE*

NEW song with guitar - called "Blue Eyes"

Grace Kelly again! With one verse in French!

According the that picture the set list should have been:

Grace Kelly

Good Gone Girl

Big Girl

Blue Eyes

Billy Brown

Stuck In the Middle

Love Today

Blame it on the Girls

Boy Toy

*something I can't read*

Not that that changes anything, he could easily have not played it to that list, but at least it shows the real name of the Clapping Song is Blame it on the Girls.

Sorry haven't read the thread yet. Just starting to upload videos.

Blame It On The Girls (clap clap song)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o2PCeY_E8bA

Toy Boy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VHtlz75FF7k

AMAAAAAAZING THANKYOU!!:wub2:

Christine and all did you see we found you here while you were still queueing (posted in the pre-show thread) Robi just reposted the link.

3444790827_7a7fba8280.jpg?v=0

likewise!! I never expcted it. When I first watched it on YouTube I could only hear snippets, you could see Mika "flirting" with the lyrics "I'm just a boy like you..." "SHE'S THE MEANEST HAG THERE HAS EVER BEEN...." and this just made the song sound funny. But when I actually listened to the words it's actually really serious and you can tell that - whether this story to be fact or fiction - this person's feelings has been toyed around (literally :naughty:) and really hurt. I love the whole metaphor for the song.

Yes,he did it again!:thumb_yello:

He is good isn't he?:wink2:

Really? I didn't even know that!

NO ITS NOT! gawsh more misinterpreting;

happy ending is about losing things, not a break up as commonly misconcepted. mika considered the happy ending video to be about homeless people but eventually decided against it.

after he wrote the song he thought that it could be interepreted in a lot of different ways. he thought the homeless people were more important then the original subject matter.

Oh, AMP! That's what I meant to say at the start, but I forgot all about it.

WHAT IF ... the new album is a concept/story album? What if all the songs in the album relate to the same 'story'? And the Georgia in Good Gone Girl is the same one in Toy Boy?

IF the Georgia in Toy Boy is a girl and not a state, it seems odd for him to have randomly used the name Georgia in two songs.

WHAT IF ... the new album is a concept/story album? What if all the songs in the album relate to the same 'story'? And the Georgia in Good Gone Girl is the same one in Toy Boy?

IF the Georgia in Toy Boy is a girl and not a state, it seems odd for him to have randomly used the name Georgia in two songs.

AND MAYBE GEORGIA IS THE GOLDEN DONKEY, and mika is even MORE perv then we were all thinking?

happy ending is about losing things, not a break up as commonly misconcepted. mika considered the happy ending video to be about homeless people but eventually decided against it.

after he wrote the song he thought that it could be interepreted in a lot of different ways. he thought the homeless people were more important then the original subject matter.

he mentioned it in the interview at 2 30 here

yup :cheerful_h4h: he mentioned it in an interview i think it was a chinese one...he said that on his way to the recording studio he would go through the back ways and would pass by lots of homeless people

happy ending is about losing things' date=' not a break up as commonly misconcepted. [b']mika considered the happy ending video to be about homeless people but eventually decided against it.[/b]

Wow, I never seen either of these videos. But that makes sense, I think I always assumed it to be a break up song though.

he mentioned it in the interview at 2 30 here

WOW. That is a really good interview. I've never heard it. That Happy Ending bit was really ... touching :shocked: Now I won't be able to listen to it the same again. I WISH the video was about homeless people. The one now is about .. uh, nothing. It would have been heaps better if it had a story :tears:

WOW. That is a really good interview. I've never heard it. That Happy Ending bit was really ... touching :shocked: Now I won't be able to listen to it the same again. I WISH the video was about homeless people. The one now is about .. uh, nothing. It would have been heaps better if it had a story :tears:

I know it is one of my favs i love all three parts the interviewer asked really good questions and not the usual what is gk about and are u gay:thumbdown:

nope, the donkey was georgia :thumb_yello:

:roftl:

The donkey's name is Albert... in case anyone wanted to know. Also someone has just sent me a t-shirt with Albert's face on it. I love it

12:21 PM Apr 8th from web

wait i thought it was albert :boxed: or am i missing something:naughty:

it is. its shame its not so famous though :sad: the interveiw i mean.

yeah, i agree with the happy ending vid. i was really surprised when i saw the happy ending vid, i was so expecting it to be about the homeless.

i've been a Mika fan since the start, even though i'm a 'new' MFC'er. damn i wish i'd been here to be part of the early discussions.

:shocked::shocked::shocked:

The new songs are GOOOOOOD!!!! And lyrically, :shocked:, Mika has evolved, that is for sure.

I've only listened to each one once so far and I don't have a favourite (yet) but that must mean they are ALL good songs. I cannot wait for the album, I really can't.

:wub2:

Haven't read all the thread yet, but thanks to all for vids/reports/pics/etc :thumb_yello:

When I read that I thought of one person. Alice Cooper. He writes albums like this. :wink2: