REPORTS/PICS/VIDS for MIKA LA Surprise Show 04-15-09

Blue Sky

The donkey's name is Albert... in case anyone wanted to know. Also someone has just sent me a t-shirt with Albert's face on it. I love it

12:21 PM Apr 8th from web

wait i thought it was albert :boxed: or am i missing something:naughty:

yeah, i know about that. i was being sarcastic. but i forgot to use these. :mf_rosetinted:

*puts on rose-tinted glasses*

yeah, i know about that. i was being sarcastic. but i forgot to use these. :mf_rosetinted:

*puts on rose-tinted glasses*

I think we need glasses in more colours for the new gig season :blink: I'd like to have a pair of green ones to express my envy at least :blink:

Wow, I have spent literally hours reading to the reports thread and I only have a couple of things to say:

1. I don't really feel as if I am in the middle of Europe anymore, you guys, really helped with you vids and pics!:punk:

2. I am really happy for all of you who went there and actually got to meet him. But I have one question. Let's say that I'll go to a concert this summer and I am now an MFC'er...is there a possibility that this level of my fanhood cannot assure me a M&G after the gig? ...I'll put it in less words:naughty: : ok, I understand that a mod had to carry the burden of arranging this meeting for you. If a mod won't do that in the future, then we should say good-bye to any kind of meet and greet? I am aware that you guys can't predict future but...(sorry but you really got me thinking bout my future Mika experience to which I give a lot of thinking anyway...it would be my first) :blush-anim-cl:

3. The songs are fantastic and you know, I read your "dissection" and I never thought I'd react this way...I'd thought I'd be really cool with it....in case of "admitting" anything...I mean this is what we should all be prepared for any moment but it kinda brought tears to my eyes and I never believed it would. Never thought I could get so emotional about it.:blush-anim-cl:

Today was another one that proved me that being a Mika fan can result into lots of first-times...just as John said.

And I sure CAN NOT WAIT for him to come back to tour Europe...I guess I'll queue from like 6 in the morning...I have already made myself a plan for that day: plenty of water, a blanket to sit on, cameras charged, changing clothes, his present and a banner for the concert.:roftl:

A bientot,

Bianca

xx

Edited by B!anka

i've been a Mika fan since the start, even though i'm a 'new' MFC'er. damn i wish i'd been here to be part of the early discussions.

It is sooooo awesome being here to discuss the new album though, right? :biggrin2:

Okay, so we should really finish off the lyrics, I'm just stuck on one line :mad3:

(So this is mostly lovempls' fabulous work) (You can hear the last verse best in Nono's video)

Toy Boy

I’m a wind-up toy in an up down world

If you leave me all alone, I’ll make a mess for sure

I’ve a heart of gold and the smartest styles

Leave me in the dark, you’ll never hear me cry

More than an illustration

Points of articulation

Come to life on a brass spring

Such a wonderful plaything

It’s a cruel cross that I have to bear

Come a little closer I’m going to pull your hair

More than just a toy in a patch-blue suit

Hold me in your arms I’m just a boy like you

But your mama thought there was something wrong

Didn’t want you sleeping with a boy too long

It’s a serious thing in a grown-up world

Maybe you’d be better with a Barbie girl

You were that I adored-ah

But you left me in Georgia

Toys are not sentimental

How could I be for rental?

She’s the meanest hag that has ever been

Pulled out my insides with an old safety pin

I’m the sorest sight, now I feel like trash

Clothes are made of rags and they don’t even match

So she dressed me up as the man she loved

Then threw me in a box when she had had enough

Now the light of day I no longer see

She stuck her voodoo pins where my eyes used to be

Accidentally tragic

Victim of her black magic

How’d a boy who’d so loved you

Now be so afraid of you?

On a long lost day when you’re grey and old

Would you be there remembering your old toy boy?

When your *something*

Tell them the story of a boy like me

OooooOOOooOoOOoooOOOO...

It's still processing, but here's my video of "Toy Boy"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yPkpmlhNtMA

Goodnight.

Thank you so much for this version!:wub2:

This was the first time I was able to listen to the whole song, and even if I don't understand parts of the song and even can’t hear it all….I can understand this much:

He is a brilliant singer/songwriter and I love how he is flirting with the audience.:flowers2:

Thank god…he’s back…and he’s good…I have been a little worried to have my expectations and dreams about a future for him shattered…but now I’m just going to relax…he is doing fine and I can sit back and enjoy the whole thing!:wink2:

Hearing them all again, I think Good Gone Girl is my favourite, but Toy Boy a close second :wub2: Think the clap thingy will be good when you're there clapping along, but I don't like it much when I just watch it on youtube...and the last one is just a bit too country for me :cowboy::bleh:

Sorry if this has already been said..but does anyone think Toy Boy is the 'cinderella' song from the second New Music blog? The lyrics and tempo fit that music. Or am I being totally obvious now :bleh:.

Yeah I thought the same:blink: It does sound similar to me.

Extremely !! :roftl:

How weird though ! Not listened to "rain" in months apart from the snippet of the Vlog !! :roftl:

I actually liked the part on the vlog, but the other version is stuck in my head anyway :roftl: That's why i was scared to listen to the new songs before getting the album, but now I'm glad I did - two of them are fab at least :wub2:

I could have told you that before :roftl: hi by the way ;)

Yeah I'm pretty bad at gettig up early aren't I? :thumbdown: My alarm went of at 4:30 I just don't remember turning it off and going back to sleep :blink:

I think Toy Boy is gonna go down well. and all of them actually that one just stood out a bit.

Sorry if this has already been said..but does anyone think Toy Boy is the 'cinderella' song from the second New Music blog? The lyrics and tempo fit that music. Or am I being totally obvious now :bleh:.

That was my initial thought as well when I heard it.

I actually liked the part on the vlog, but the other version is stuck in my head anyway :roftl: That's why i was scared to listen to the new songs before getting the album, but now I'm glad I did - two of them are fab at least :wub2:

Im glad i did too , but i had every intention of doing due to my impatience :roftl: .... the one on the vlog with the choir in ... was that a part of rain ? if so i think the final version maybe quite spine tingling ! :bleh::naughty:

Im actually slapping my hand now for being apprehensive :blush-anim-cl:

I think Toy Boy is gonna go down well. and all of them actually that one just stood out a bit.

I agree. It has that playful quirky thing which sets Mika apart, plus the lower notes in his voice are fantastic and will surprise a lot of non-fans and haters.