REPORTS/PICS/VIDS for MIKA LA Surprise Show 04-15-09

Blue Sky

Geez, are we really that prudish on the MFC? Burlesque dancers are awesome. And so what if she was nearly naked? Why can't kids see a naked body, exactly? I'm pretty sure kids are aware that people are naked under their clothes. They might find a naked lady embarrassing, but not traumatizing. I mean, sure, it may not be the best choice of entertainment for kids, but I also agree with Kelzy that Mika has no responsibility to be a toddler-friendly act.

But again, what's the big deal with a little harmless nudity anyway? We haven't yet stopped taking kids to museums to look at nude statues, it should be pretty simple to explain the concept of nudity in art and performance.

I'm pretty surprised so many people above 12 here seemed unable to handle the sight.

That said, I'm pretty sure it was an LA-only thing, so the rest of us are unlikely to get a burlesque revue as an opening act. Sadly. Good burlesque can be hard to see live unless you are in LA!

--Jack

Rah, thank you :thumb_yello:

Seriously what's wrong with nipples? :naughty: If you take your kids to the beach, they will see the exact same thing. I tend to think the ones shocked here are adults and they use the kids excuse a bit too easily :wink2:

Okiay the waking up early thing didn't work...only 7 hours late :naughty: Managed to catch up though :thumb_yello: Love the new songs!! His lyrics have got good! :punk:

Me either, and my "early" was 11am :naughty: I slept in till 3

2. I am really happy for all of you who went there and actually got to meet him. But I have one question. Let's say that I'll go to a concert this summer and I am now an MFC'er...is there a possibility that this level of my fanhood cannot assure me a M&G after the gig? ...I'll put it in less words:naughty: : ok, I understand that a mod had to carry the burden of arranging this meeting for you. If a mod won't do that in the future, then we should say good-bye to any kind of meet and greet? I am aware that you guys can't predict future but...(sorry but you really got me thinking bout my future Mika experience to which I give a lot of thinking anyway...it would be my first) :blush-anim-cl:

Bianca

xx

Hi Bianca, that's my name, find your own :lol3: Mods will only organise more and more M&Gs as we have more successful ones (like today), so I wouldn't worry about them stopping.

yup :cheerful_h4h: he mentioned it in an interview i think it was a chinese one...he said that on his way to the recording studio he would go through the back ways and would pass by lots of homeless people

I thought that the homeless people-part was what he had in mind for a musicvideo....I can be wrong ofcourse.

WOW. That is a really good interview. I've never heard it. That Happy Ending bit was really ... touching :shocked: Now I won't be able to listen to it the same again. I WISH the video was about homeless people. The one now is about .. uh, nothing. It would have been heaps better if it had a story :tears:

I have the three parts of that interview on my iriver, so I've listened to it a lot. I would have preferred the Happy Ending video to be about homelessness as well.

I'm loving Boy Toy.

Seriously what's wrong with nipples? :naughty: If you take your kids to the beach, they will see the exact same thing. I tend to think the ones shocked here are adults and they use the kids excuse a bit too easily :wink2:

I think Belgian beach-goers might be a little more open than than the kind I'm used to :naughty:

Loving your pictures Charlotte, especially the second one, what was going on there?

Weren't people more bored and confused than shocked? If I'd been expecting to see Mika I wouldn't have wanted to wait while some woman took her clothes off. And what's the point of a warm up act that doesn't entertain the audience?- and she obviously didn't.

I think Belgian beach-goers might be a little more open than than the kind I'm used to :naughty:

Maybe :naughty: It's common practice here to take off the top when on the beach. And I wish all women who do it were like that stripper lol, would spare everyone very painful sights :roftl:

Exactly.

Maybe :naughty: It's common practice here to take off the top when on the beach. And I wish all women who do it were like that stripper lol, would spare everyone very painful sights :roftl:

That was going to be my next comment but you beat me to it. :roftl: