REPORTS/PICS/VIDS for MIKA LA Surprise Show 04-15-09

Blue Sky

Blue eyes? Is that posted yet?

No. It's lovely though :wub2:

I probably should be posting that video up instead, but at the time "Toy Boy" wasn't up so I did that one. I can't be arsed to do another one :lol3:

Not tonight. It's nearly 2am and I'm beat.

maybe i'm generally interpeting too little - but, judging from the lyrics you wrote down, couldn't it be that the song is just written from the point of view of a male toy doll? anyway that's the first thing i see in it. the boy isn't allowed to sleep with his male doll anymore, he leaves it in georgia, then it is sold (?) to a girl who destroys it.

damn, what am i doing here, have to work! thanx for the report + videos!! *is off again*

Yeah absolutely, and that's why it's so funny.. A song written from the point of view of a doll? Great!:roftl: But I think it's just human nature to search for hidden meanings:naughty:

likewise!! I never expcted it. When I first watched it on YouTube I could only hear snippets, you could see Mika "flirting" with the lyrics "I'm just a boy like you..." "SHE'S THE MEANEST HAG THERE HAS EVER BEEN...." and this just made the song sound funny. But when I actually listened to the words it's actually really serious and you can tell that - whether this story to be fact or fiction - this person's feelings has been toyed around (literally :naughty:) and really hurt. I love the whole metaphor for the song.

yes exactly. i'm getting genuinely excited for this stuff. My first impression was 'OMG, what is up with these lyrics/surprise that mika was saying he's gay/bi.

then seeing the lyrics written down - wow - and seeing the absolute playfulness of this song, but then with the lyrics, that are very very, dark.

you know what this makes me think of? lollipop, on a much better level. tune is even happier, lyrics even darker.

Its almost cruel that the audience is laughing..although Mika seems to be playing that up.

anyways Bed time (3:50 am o_O) !! Night guys :D

Even when I read the lyrics I felt bad for laughing lol :naughty: but Mika tried to turn it into an amusing song rather than a serious one I think, judging by his actions and the way he sings some words live. But true, it is a serious song if you strip all that away.

Best gig of my life. I might, just, like, cease to exist.

Point form. Proper review in, like, 18 hours. I have to be at the airport in 3 hours and I haven't slept. :roftl:

* Gig was awesome

* New songs were awesome. As of 10am UK time, I updated the first post in this thread with titles from the set list.

* Song called Blue Eyes rocks my world

* Mika is beautiful

* Post-gig meet and greet for MFC

*Mika squeaked when he saw my tattoo

More later. Must catch a plane in 3 hours. Job interview back home in less than 12 hours. :shocked:

More later! Every detail! I promise!

Everyone's reading so far into it... it's like you're trying to make it about him being gay :naughty:

I think the whole song could be about the same girl. They loved each other, but her mom disapproved. So the girl dumped him and he was distraught.

It could be that straightforward, too.

The FIRST part of the song makes perfect sense. He (Mika/the narrator/whoever) is basically complaining about being used as a plaything by the man he loved--ie, not being treated as a serious relationship, but just a distraction to pass the time. He wants to be more than that, a boyfriend, but the guy's mother doesn't approve, and so eventually the guy ditches him.

And then it gets weird, because if the mother is the hag, why would she dress him up "as the man she loved" or put him away "when she had enough"? Unless this is REALLY twisted and the mom used him as her sex-plaything of her own, that can't be it.

So instead then let's take "you left me in Georgia" as meaning his boyfriend left him... ahem, well, let's have Georgia be a woman's name, and that lyric becomes the kind of initially-innocent-seeming but actually-dirty pun he likes so much. Then "How could I be for rental?" makes more sense too, ie, the guy basically pimped him out, or shuffled him onto some chick to get rid of him. (The only other meaning of that line I can figure is that he's complaining about being used as a "rental" by the guy--to play with and then return--but the question format of it doesn't quite jibe with that.)

Then, ok, Georgia used and abused him in her own turn, making him into what she wanted a lover to be instead of letting him be what he was. Still not sure why he's afraid of the guy at the end though (as opposed to being, say, angry at him).

--Jack

Point form. Proper review in, like, 18 hours. I have to be at the airport in 3 hours and I haven't slept. :roftl:

* Gig was awesome

* New songs were awesome. As of 10am UK time, I updated the first post in this thread with titles from the set list.

* Mika is beautiful

More later. Must catch a plane in 3 hours. Job interview back home in less than 12 hours. :shocked:

Ah!!! So great you had an awesome time!! Will be looking forward to your report later!:thumb_yello:

I don't think we should.

alright.

The FIRST part of the song makes perfect sense. He (Mika/the narrator/whoever) is basically complaining about being used as a plaything by the man he loved--ie, not being treated as a serious relationship, but just a distraction to pass the time. He wants to be more than that, a boyfriend, but the guy's mother doesn't approve, and so eventually the guy ditches him.

And then it gets weird, because if the mother is the hag, why would she dress him up "as the man she loved" or put him away "when she had enough"? Unless this is REALLY twisted and the mom used him as her sex-plaything of her own, that can't be it.

So instead then let's take "you left me in Georgia" as meaning his boyfriend left him... ahem, well, let's have Georgia be a woman's name, and that lyric becomes the kind of initially-innocent-seeming but actually-dirty pun he likes so much. Then "How could I be for rental?" makes more sense too, ie, the guy basically pimped him out, or shuffled him onto some chick to get rid of him. (The only other meaning of that line I can figure is that he's complaining about being used as a "rental" by the guy--to play with and then return--but the question format of it doesn't quite jibe with that.)

Then, ok, Georgia used and abused him in her own turn, making him into what she wanted a lover to be instead of letting him be what he was. Still not sure why he's afraid of the guy at the end though (as opposed to being, say, angry at him).

--Jack

now THAT is a good, interesting point. i'm really confused about the second part. somehow i'm thinking its not the mother.. maybe you're right about this goergia part, especially becasue there is mention of a georgia in the good gone girl song(is it?)

Everyone's reading so far into it... it's like you're trying to make it about him being gay :naughty:

I think the whole song could be about the same girl. They loved each other, but her mom disapproved. So the girl dumped him and he was distraught.

It could be that straightforward, too.

it could be. the mind boggles..

Edited by racinghorse83

Okay. Okay. I've got it now.

The story in the song is: A little boy has a male-doll that he loves, his mum thinks he is gay and dissaproves and tries to put a stop to it by taking the doll away and ripping it appart and hiding.

The story is a metaphor for: The character in the song/Mika (the doll) is a guy, who is dating a guy (the little boy), who's mother disapproves of him being gay and tries to break them up.

* Gig was awesome

* Mika is beautiful

Glad to hear you had an amazing time. Can't wait to read your report.:wink2:

yes exactly. i'm getting genuinely excited for this stuff. My first impression was 'OMG, what is up with these lyrics/surprise that mika was saying he's gay/bi.

then seeing the lyrics written down - wow - and seeing the absolute playfulness of this song, but then with the lyrics, that are very very, dark.

you know what this makes me think of? lollipop, on a much better level. tune is even happier, lyrics even darker.

Yeah. Mika's right - you listen to a happy tune because it's catchy and makes you feel happy, and this song certainly has a nursery rhyme feel to it (boppy tune...reminded me of "ring-a-round the roses...sorta) and the snippets I heard were played in an amusing way...the way he sings SHE'S THE MEANEST HAG THERE'S EVER BEEN just makes me LOL...and when he sings about clothes not matching just makes it sound funny because, without hearing the rest of the words, makes it sound like he's just finding stuff to complain about being with this woman who he doesn't even want to be with...

"pulled out my insides with an old safety pin...."

On a first glance it's just funny. Sounds childish. But this song really IS like most of the nursery rhymes out there......they're all the same. Nursery rhymes and even the origins of disney storylines are dark and horrible.

Ring-a-round the roses, a pocket full of posies, atishoo, atishoo, we all fall down...

HELLO?? That song is about people dying LOL. I think. Or just becoming seriously ill.

1) Happy ending sounded like a love song but it was really about losing things.

I think I could write something along the same lines when I think of seeing a toy that could have been loved once, now the saddest sight.

Like an old teddy bear without much stuffing, no eyes and the fur all patchy, shoved in a box after it's owner got too old and got new toys they loved more.

2) I has been my dream to work in burlesque.

If you don't believe me, have a look at my myspace blog story or even my thread dedicated to burlesque, showgirls, vaudeville and theatrics of all sorts.

I have a great deal of respect for miss Ava Garter as she is an exceptional performer and has worked hard for her art and she is absolutely the nicest person!

Are you worried about the children's eyes or is it a cover up for your own discomfort of the naked body?

Mika's no babysitter and he's had burlesque performers in love today and the lollipop and big girls seem to have some roots in burlesque as well.

If you have a problem with the burlesque act, close your eyes. You are not forced to look and there is at least one person here who would happily watch the burlesque show and appreciate it for what it is.

Art.

And as for those who are saying he should think of the fact that his fans are mainly straight girls and gay guys, think about this:

Burlesque, as I said above, is about ART. I do not wish to be a striptease artist so I can entertain people who are aroused by nudity, I want to live in the spotlight for a few minutes and be appreciated for my art, my grace and for the talent that comes with performing in any area INCLUDING in Burlesque and I doubt very much that Ava or Dita wanted to be arousing to straight guys and lesbians as much as they wanted to put on sparkly costumes and be admired by all in their audiance.

Burlesque is so much more nowdays, it's not about pleasing men, it's about pleasing in a different way, all parties including women and gay men.

Appreciate that Mika chose her and probably for a reason as well.

OMG I LOOOOOVE LOVE LOVE TOY BOY!!! i could really care less if it is about mika coming out... i mean i think we can all agree we knew this was a possibilty... BUT THE SONG IS ABSOLUTELY AMAZING SO CLEVERLY WRITTEN (can any of mikas songs be otherwise:bleh:) LOVE THE TUNE! its the new billy brown anthem hehehe AHHH SO EXCITED

--Jack

1st bolded part - exactly my interpretation too jack :thumb_yello:

The rest - very interesting also ! :wink2:

I'm gonna keep my computer on since my video's still uploading. I titled it "Mika's New Song - "Toy Boy"" so keep an eye out for it. I'm pissing off to bed. goodnight:bye:

And please, don't discuss the "Toy Boy" song to death. :thumbdown:

--Jack

Well the part in the end (which isn't the end I guess) I'm pretty sure he actually says "Had a boy once who loved me, now he's so afraid of me" which would make sense if it was the mother doing the voodoo and all :blink:

Reading through the Toy Boy discussion has been extremely interesting.

I just remembered that Mika said he was planning to get inspiration from other people's stories and mentioned he was going to visit an old folk's home. So if he did, did someone have a bizarre life story that intrigued him?

Reading through the Toy Boy discussion has been extremely interesting.

I just remembered that Mika said he was planning to get inspiration from other people's stories and mentioned he was going to visit an old folk's home. So if he did, did someone have a bizarre life story that intrigued him?

Brilliant memory!! Well done, it could well be lol :naughty:

Btw, yes, I DO "left me in Georgia" exactly the way you're imagining. :wink2: This song has a LOT of prostitution imagery (see, maybe the stripper was quite in line with his new direction)! Ie, "heart of gold" is usually used for hookers. The idea of people who can be picked up, used as "playthings," and then put away definitely goes along with that too. And not to mention the "rental" line... "rent boys" anybody? :naughty: Plus you know, toy boy/ boy toy, etc etc.

--Jack