.::Artistic Parts of the Birthday Present 09::.

Zsina

Hey everyone!! I still didn't find a thread made for this so I thought it's time we started one!!! :original:

In case you still want to join, tell avoca about it in the original thread! I will add you to this list then. :thumb_yello:

Members:

CoverArt Front

• marianne84,
  • zsina,
  • meyer twins,
  • xbilly brownx,
  • b!anka,
  • superstar,
  • daydreambeliever,
  • Fmbm,

CoverArt Back

• marianne84,
  • zsina,
  • meyer twins,
  • iadoremika,
  • daydreambeliever,
  • riikk,
  • marlau_20zr,
  • Fmbm,

Artistic part of the Various Threads Sections

• nana06,
  • meyer twins,
  • rubytuesday,
  • louiza,
  • hotdlp,
  • zsina,
  • ~wicky~,
  • marianne84,
  • ruxi
  • jamakkronic,
  • keti

Artistic parts of the French Thread

• caro 28

The threads:

2005, 2006, 2007 pics and videos mari62, mikalollipop_karla

blackall project vixenbbw, robertina

oldlings laurel, kath, rak1, robertina

irish thread shaza!, tauruslady

mexican thread ceciB

mika's nicknames threadracinghorse83

argentinean thread marlau_20zr, veromica (text and artwork)

MFC naughty corner rak1, mikasgal_07

french thread axie dentelle, fouchonneret, angele

dutch thread ingievV, ~Wicky~ (art)

Mikagasmic pics laurel, purplegrape, katydid, keti (text and artwork)

Grumpy/Sad/Bitchy Pics Of Mika (aka ODD pics) keti (text and artwork), katydid

What Made You Happy Today? keti (text and artwork)

Mika In Serbia keti (text and artwork)

mika smile fan club thread iadoremika, louiza, soaring simpson

this one's for us girls hjbsrbab@hbibby.orangehom

mika clothing style thread angele, fouchonneret, nana06 (artistic part)

world representatives of MFC axie dentelle

freddie's english course sienna, cazgirl

mfc xmas party thread louiza, vickylovesmika, laurel, kath

pink pony riders club english rose

the aussies thread happikali

bday thread avoca

mini mika thread marianne84

the american thread purplegrape, mandilambi

the appleman thread kata

The magical world inside the couch of the non-readers' thread violet_sky, greta

picture captions thread zsina, katydid

yearbook thread bonjourmika1990

What should Mika name his next album? Iadoremika

Post Your Picture Thread Iadoremika

what song are you listening to thread kavi, melaniejazmin

gay thread avoca?

the virtual gigs experience b!anka, daydreambeliever, rak1, laurel, blue sky

the italian thread lucrezia, robertina, clara85

the mikamail thread england

fan art thread (as a collage) nana06, marlau_20zr, piperita patty

mika whores thread ingievV

mikasounds blog and twitter updates thread dilek, katydid

mika news and press section dilek, katydid

official dreams of mika thread greyceli

the german thread mariposa

the looking for something thread miro

MFC smileys shikutukumimika, sofimica3212, tayler

MFC slang purplegrape

MFC inside jokes veromica, marlau_20zr (artwork), english rose, fmbm (text)

short MFC story deb, freddiesdouble

MFC layout and its evolution (graphic project) carol

MFC behind the scenes deb

MFC petitions wendi

bday wishes and thank yous everyone, including lena

I by no means want to be the leader of this whole art thing, I made this thread so that we can start brainstorming and organize ourselves into groups.

Let's get it started!! :mf_rosetinted:

Mika,if you are reading this... go away. NOW. :D

Edited by Zsina

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I could make something digitally:roftl:

Actually I know you are great in digital art, so maybe when we have to put each of the drawings into one, you could help. But I don't know, maybe there are others too who can work with PS and stuff like that. So I am not going to force you to help haha.:bleh:

Anyway..not on the list ehh?? :naughty:

greatt! :punk:

today i have no school so maybe i`ll start drawing something for the back...

^^

Great idea!!! :D

Edited by Zsina

Hey everyone!! I still didn't find a thread made for this so I thought it's time we started one!!! :original:

In case you still want to join, tell avoca about it in the original thread! I will add you to this list then. :thumb_yello:

Members:

CoverArt Front

• marianne84,
  • zsina,
  • meyer twins,
  • xbilly brownx,
  • b!anka,
  • superstar,
  • daydreambeliever

CoverArt Back

• marianne84,
  • zsina,
  • meyer twins,
  • iadoremika,
  • daydreambeliever,
  • riikk,
  • marlau_20zr

Artistic part of the Various Threads Sections

• nana06,
  • meyer twins,
  • rubytuesday,
  • louiza,
  • hotdlp,
  • zsina,
  • ~wicky~,
  • marianne84,
  • ruxi

Artistic parts of the French Thread

• caro 28

I by no means want to be the leader of this whole art thing, I made this thread so that we can start brainstorming and organize ourselves into groups.

Let's get it started!! :mf_rosetinted:

Mika,if you are reading this... go away. NOW. :D

thanks for starting the thread Zsina:thumb_yello:

now we can start working :D

Well, we agreed on making the cover in Disney style. That is , Mika will have a character, a whole Disney story. I would post pictures, sketches here too...I just don't know...I don't want Mika to see it all. We have a group chat and we share our sketches there, so that's quiet safe.

First of all we should agree whether we will post our stuff here, or share them through PM-s / group chats.

It would be a lot easier to share stuff in this thread, I just hate to feel that Meeks could see it all...

Arghhhh......can't we just somehow....let the ones see stuff who are part of this whole design team?? I am asking this from a MOD. Hm? :)

If we can't then I must edit the first post with HUGE letters that nor Mika nor his peeps ar allowed to read on. He is a way too curious-type. :P

Actually I know you are great in digital art, so maybe when we have to put each of the drawings into one, you could help. But I don't know, maybe there are others too who can work with PS and stuff like that. So I am not going to force you to help haha.:bleh:

Anyway..not on the list ehh?? :naughty:

Great idea!!! :D

I'd love to help:punk:

Well, we agreed on making the cover in Disney style. That is , Mika will have a character, a whole Disney story. I would post pictures, sketches here too...I just don't know...I don't want Mika to see it all. We have a group chat and we share our sketches there, so that's quiet safe.

First of all we should agree whether we will post our stuff here, or share them through PM-s / group chats.

It would be a lot easier to share stuff in this thread, I just hate to feel that Meeks could see it all...

Arghhhh......can't we just somehow....let the ones see stuff who are part of this whole design team?? I am asking this from a MOD. Hm? :)

If we can't then I must edit the first post with HUGE letters that nor Mika nor his peeps ar allowed to read on. He is a way too curious-type. :P

good idea!

Disney Style? ummmm.. Mika could be Chicken Little:naughty:

lol

we can include Disney castle in the front or in the back.. someone could draw it with another style.. maybe with different colours or something like that

Hmmm, I'm no part of the cover art team, but I'll be doing art for the Mikagasmic thread, Grumpy/Bitchy/Sad Pics Of Mika...aka ODD Pics thread, the Mika In Serbia thread and What Made You happy Today? thread.

Hmmm, I'm no part of the cover art team, but I'll be doing art for the Mikagasmic thread, Grumpy/Bitchy/Sad Pics Of Mika...aka ODD Pics thread, the Mika In Serbia thread and What Made You happy Today? thread.

Great! Okay so...are you on avoca's list? I just checked it out and you aren't!!

You should be listed under the Artistic part of the Various Threads Sections . Make sure you tell her you want to join that team and as soon as your name appears there I'll add you to this list. :wink2:

Can you add me to the Cover and Back Art, please? I've been added to the main list on avoca's thread. :wink2:

Yay. Sure!! Added!!! :thumb_yello:

Okay guys!!!

Let's start working then. I know we all have a lot to do (school,wrok,whatever)....but the earlier we start the better it is and the calmer we can be.

So. I thought we should first create groups of people, and brainstorm ideas.

Here are the threads we have: (nevermind the usernames)

2005, 2006, 2007 pics and videos mari62

blackall project vixenbbw, robertina

oldlings laurel, kath, rak1, robertina

mexican thread ceciB

argentinean thread marlau_20zr, veromica (text and artwork)

MFC naughty corner rak1, mikasgal_07

french thread axie dentelle, fouchonneret, angele

dutch thread ingievV

Mikagasmic pics keti, laurel, purplegrape, katydid

Grumpy/Sad/Bitchy Pics Of Mika (aka ODD pics) keti, katydid

What Made You Happy Today? keti

Mika In Serbia keti

mika smile fan club thread iadoremika, louiza, soaring simpson

this one's for us girls hjbsrbab@hbibby.orangehom

mika clothing style thread angele, fouchonneret, nana06 (artistic part)

world representatives of MFC axie dentelle

freddie's english course sienna, cazgirl

mfc xmas party thread louiza, vickylovesmika, laurel, kath

pink pony riders club english rose

the aussies thread happikali

bday thread avoca

mini mika thread marianne84

the american thread purplegrape

the appleman thread kata

The magical world inside the couch of the non-readers' thread violet_sky, greta

picture captions thread zsina, katydid

yearbook thread bonjourmika1990

What should Mika name his next album? Iadoremika

Post Your Picture Thread Iadoremika

what song are you listening to thread kavi, melaniejazmin

gay thread avoca?

the virtual gigs experience b!anka, daydreambeliever, miro, rak1, laurel

the italian thread lucrezia, robertina

the mikamail thread england

fan art thread (as a collage) nana06, marlau_20zr, piperita patty

mika whores thread ingievV

mikasounds blog and twitter updates thread dilek, katydid

mika news and press section dilek, katydid

official dreams of mika thread greyceli

the german thread mariposa

Okay, so if there's anyone who wants to take part in this/that thread, please tell it here, so that you can set up teams, or you can even make a thread section all alone. Although I think 2-3 people would be the optimal for each thread.

Of course as you wish!!! I really don't want to stop anyone from participating in any thread art.

If you wish to participate in all, you can. Well as far as I know. :roftl:

But if you have faves, or people you want to work with, you know, go ahead choose whta you like.

Please let's just start with stating in which thread(s) you want to participate, so that you can find out who you gonna work with.

And tell what art you are familiar with: traditional/digital/both:thumb_yello:

I'll start. I think I would like to participate in the:

fan art thread

pictures caption thread

BUT! I am here to anyone, if you need my help. For ex. if you don't have enought people to a thread, just tell me, I would be happy to help.

And I am familiar with traditional art.

Actually, I'm not really sure I understand this thread section art thing at all. I though we should make a page for each thread, but I think that's way too long, it would mean 1 plus page for each thread, and avoca said she doesn't want it to be too long. So then we should create something little on to the page of the description itself? I will ask her about it, to make sure we are doing the right thing.

By the way if anyone has more info, tell us please. :)

Cheers.:punk:

Edited by Zsina

OIIIIII!! I missed this:

By avoca:

DETAILS:

text lenght for each part should be no more than an A4 size (inclusive of artwork).

artwork can be placed on the b/g of the text (sorta transparent image), or on top or/ and bottom of it, or at a side of it, and stuff.

for this reason, it'd be important the general guidebook artwork team would share the different parts of the guidebook each of the members wanna work at, so that the writers and the artists working over that specific part can communicate and decide how to arrange that part layout, in order to match text and images: if you get me. if not, pls let me know. I'm sleepy and I make less sense than the usual

all people working at the different parts should place their bday whishes to mika at the end of their part, as a signature. people working at coveratwork o.c. cannot put them on the cover of the guidebook, so there may be a page for their wishes (inside cover? ).

I'm hoping to check this week at the shop in what size photobooks come and what # of pages each version has. and I'll report

all submissions (text and art) should be digital, i.e. via email (I'll provide it to people via pm), or via pm on forum .

deadline date will be set as soon as we have some tour dates, hopefully soon.

the guidebook is made of text and artwork.

text AND artwork for each part/thread should be not longer than 300 words at max and an A4 size sheet (printer size sheet).

all submissions can be done digitally (via email/pm). my email can be asked via pm on forum.

pls, all emails with submissions should have as subject: MIKA BDAY PRESENT, cause of the spam filter.

the photobooks come in different sizes and # of pages: A5 size with around 20 pages

A4 size from 20 and smt to 80 pages circa. I cannot list all cases as they are too many.

I think the # of threads we have now is good. if we make it 1 page each, it should do.

photobooks once ordered, are ready in a few days, to pick up personally. so that's also good.

I think submissions should be with final product: meaning, all the poeple working at that part may want to confront each other, so what's submitted is not in need of further adjusting and can be added for being printed.

that said, I think the persons from the artwork team (general artwork) should choose which parts each part they wanna work at: it'd make it easier to contact the ones doing the text part of each thread.

I bolded the most important things, so not cover for each thread, but description and art on ONE page.

So if you have the threads you want to participate in, you should also contact the member who is responsible for the text part.

Hope that made sense. Or maybe I was the only one who didn't understand this....?? In that case, I had a nice conversation with myself. :D

cheers.

Edited by Zsina

love the idea of the disney style:thumb_yello:

i think the easier way is to post everything here. hopefully he wont have seen everything before his birthday!

all in one page :blink:

ehrrmm.. ok..

if the text for each page would be around 200-300 we have to do the artwork for all and leave the space, and then someone edit all and put the text in that space.

traditional disney characters or something like disney inspired with our touch? maybe we could do it darker or different colours.. adding braces somewhere, hats (like the one Mika wore in LA for the Roxy gig)

Is there somewhere just for the cover art people? Sorry I'm so late to join this thread (I am on the list). :blush-anim-cl: I think the cover should have it's own, if such a thing doesn't exist already.

A Disney idea may be nice. Cartoon-ish stuff would be good.

Posting in a thread would be much better. Everyone can see what everyone else has done and can make comments/suggestions/etc. It worked well for the Yearbook cover team. :thumb_yello:

Just a couple more things about the cover:

• The front and back of the cover should be cohesive, so the two teams (there are some, but minimal differences, between the two) should discuss ideas together.
  • I like the Disney thing because everyone can contribute their own drawings, nobody should feel excluded.

Is there somewhere just for the cover art people? Sorry I'm so late to join this thread (I am on the list). :blush-anim-cl: I think the cover should have it's own, if such a thing doesn't exist already.

A Disney idea may be nice. Cartoon-ish stuff would be good.

Posting in a thread would be much better. Everyone can see what everyone else has done and can make comments/suggestions/etc. It worked well for the Yearbook cover team. :thumb_yello:

Just a couple more things about the cover:

• The front and back of the cover should be cohesive, so the two teams (there are some, but minimal differences, between the two) should discuss ideas together.
  • I like the Disney thing because everyone can contribute their own drawings, nobody should feel excluded.

amen :thumb_yello:

we should discuss the ideas of both (cover and back) together.. we have to follow the same line..

these i`ll lots of things to do, but i hope i can make a little time to draw something...

amen :thumb_yello:

we should discuss the ideas of both (cover and back) together.. we have to follow the same line..

these i`ll lots of things to do, but i hope i can make a little time to draw something...

Is there already a thread or something for the cover?

Guys?? :loco:

:toot:

Where's everyone???

:squirrel:

HEEEEEEEEERE!

Is there already a thread or something for the cover?

Okay, so if you go to my profile page, you will see a group I have joined....which is the cover art group. If you join it too, you should see what's going on there!!! If you still can't, I'll contact superstar, I think she created the group....:thumb_yello:

So everyone who is on the cover front/back list, join that group and we can discuss things there. :]

OTHERS!!!! Please choose the threads you would like to do art for.And contact the one who is responsible for the text part of the chosen thread. I need to update the list-who wants which thread- so that people can find the ones they will work with. Thank you!!!

Edited by Zsina

Okay, so if you go to my profile page, you will see a group I have joined....which is the cover art group. If you join it too, you should see what's going on there!!! If you still can't, I'll contact superstar, I think she created the group....:thumb_yello:

So everyone who is on the cover front/back list, join that group and we can discuss things there. :]

OTHERS!!!! Please choose the threads you would like to do art for.

Good, good...I go do that now. Thanks!