.::Artistic Parts of the Birthday Present 09::.

Zsina

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

How many lollipops??? :roftl:

Already working on the page! Don't know how to put the text... Any idea?

Do you know how to work photoshop? You could also make it look like a polaroid (put a large white box underneath each of the three boxes) and put the text in that way?

Do you know how to work photoshop? You could also make it look like a polaroid (put a large white box underneath each of the three boxes) and put the text in that way?

My Pc is very old and doesn't know Photoshop :roftl: I work with Printmaster which is very old as well but fine :roftl:

Gonna try the boxes although I think they'll be too small for all the text...

My Pc is very old and doesn't know Photoshop :roftl: I work with Printmaster which is very old as well but fine :roftl:

Gonna try the boxes although I think they'll be too small for all the text...

The only thing I have is paint! :roftl:

Unless Avoca can just write the text in the book or something? I dunno =/

I prefer doing it myself :roftl:

Don't worry I'll find a way to do it :biggrin2: Err... very quickly :naughty:

Wow if you prefer doing things yourself it must have taken a lot for you to trust me with these drawings! :shocked::roftl:

Okay, since you trusted me, I shall put my trust in you! :pinkbow:

Just to let you know I've also put the drawings on deviantart.com :roftl:

Ok will have a look tomorrow :thumb_yello:

Actually, it took about 12 hours hours...:roftl:

Go to bed darling, it's late and you're very tired :roftl:

I'd better go to bed too, it's nearly 3AM in France and my son is waking up in 4 hours :aah:

The page is almost finished :biggrin2:

Goodnight!!!

Ok will have a look tomorrow :thumb_yello:

Go to bed darling, it's late and you're very tired :roftl:

I'd better go to bed too, it's nearly 3AM in France and my son is waking up in 4 hours :aah:

The page is almost finished :biggrin2:

Goodnight!!!

Yeah I should, can't believe it's nearly 2am my time :roftl:

Anyways...night night sweetpea!

Part 1 completed...

bday1-1.jpg

BOX 1: Every day new recruits from all over the world detrain on the MFC.

BOX 2: Therefore, to avoid any chaos, each country is represented by a Chief.

BOX 3: A bit like a President but less boring!

Part 2 completed...

bday2.jpg

BOX 1: The Chief stands her troops at attention, settles their camp on their country’s topic and sorts out internal conflicts.

BOX 2: In return, the troops obey their Chief and meet all of her wishes

BOX 3: (Fanny, when I asked for a White House, I didn’t mean an igloo in your back garden!)

Part 3 completed...

bday3.jpg

BOX 1: The Chief goes to concerts accompanied by her troops

BOX 2: dressed in multicoloured uniforms bearing the effigy of their hero (you, not the Chief).

BOX 3: She runs the operations even if she is only as tall as a garden gnome and you can hardly see her.

Part 4 completed...

bday4.jpg

BOX 1: She makes her soldiers line up after the show to salute you and to get a coded message on their CDs

BOX 2+3: even if she knows that when the time will come her entire army will trample on her and she will be lucky if she can have a glimpse of your curls through a kepi!

Part 5 completed...

bday5.jpg

The Chief never forgets your birthday, so :

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MIKA!!!

Lots of love from

Axie Dentelle

(MFC world representative for France)

Part 6 completed...

bday6.jpg

PS Anybody who forgets the Chief’s birthday August 21st will do 100 press ups!

TAAAA-FRIKKIN-DUUUUUHH!!!!!

Can I pass out now?

Caz these are FANTASTIC!!!

caz, the comics are freaking fantastic!! :shocked:

will you send me with text included (or explain me in detail where it goes, cause I did save the pics, all of them but didn't exactly understand where to place text: overwritten on the comics..? :blink:), or should I do the job..?

if I should do it, pls let me know AS SOONEST how it's supposed to look. :blink:

it's awesome!! :yay:

Caz these are FANTASTIC!!!

caz, the comics are freaking fantastic!! :shocked:

will you send me with text included (or explain me in detail where it goes, cause I did save the pics, all of them but didn't exactly understand where to place text: overwritten on the comics..? :blink:), or should I do the job..?

if I should do it, pls let me know AS SOONEST how it's supposed to look. :blink:

it's awesome!! :yay:

thanks guys! :biggrin2::wub2:

Avoca - I believe Axie said she was gonna do them? the text, I mean. :blink:

an update on this thread is due also, considering the amount of work from the artists and the quality of their creations.

I have handed the final product to the photo shop and they said they'll print it as soonest. I hope I have news within the end of this week.

it ended up being over 50 pages, if I don't get confused (bear with me, I'm still tired from last nite being bedski late :aah:), cause I preferred to print many entries full page, for mika to appreciate more the details and quality. The ones mid page are NOT less interesting, but maybe they were submitted in smaller format and would loose in res if enlarged too much, ok? :wink2:

will try and picture the whole book for you to see and will post link in the 1st post of the official bday thread (an online album, very likely, as it's many pics).

that depends on when I actually get the photbook back, as I leave on the 6th. I'll ship it from abroad, if I get it too close to the departure date, or from home if I'm in good time.

the person it's sent to, promised to let me know when it's delivered.

mika said he'll give feedback about receiving it, but it cannot be guarenteed :blink:

last but not least: THANKS SO MUCH TO THE ONES WHO WORKED AT THE ARTWORK: IT'S SIMPLY GREAT! :wub2::thumb_yello:AND THANKS TO ZSINA FOR COORDINATING ALL THIS. :punk:

Over 50 pages, wow! I bet it's amazing! :thumb_yello: Can I ask you a question... How have you been in touch with Mika - or is it a top secret? :glasses3:

it's not a secret :aah:

met him in milano while he was doing the radio promotion tour and we chatted a little. :wink2:

Yes it is...we rock!

I hope he will give some feedback though.... you know it would be heartening.....after last year lol...he didn't even mention he liked our cups.

So frustrating...and we worked so much on those too!

I hope he'll like it, but anyway...we worked really hard and I know he would appreciate that. :]

:group_hug:

Yes it is...we rock!

I hope he will give some feedback though.... you know it would be heartening.....after last year lol...he didn't even mention he liked our cups.

So frustrating...and we worked so much on those too!

I hope he'll like it, but anyway...we worked really hard and I know he would appreciate that. :]

:group_hug:

yeah, I understand your pov. :boxed:he did mention the photo album on Ms blogs though.. :wink2:

I have uploaded here all photos of the bday guidebook to MFC for mika

http://s643.photobucket.com/albums/uu151/mikasbdaygift2009/?track=share_email_album_view_click

will post link for future reference also on the 1st post of this thread

you can see the photos are not in order: pls, bear with me, I am super busy getting ready for hols and didn't have a chance to resize them and name them in the right order. but you'll make head and tail of it, I'm sure.

you can also notice 3 things from the images:

*the cover image had to be resized upon decision of the photo shop, as the way they print it is not the one-sheet-one-image kind, like the other pages. so, after a few trials, turned out the chosen one was the most suitable for the cover. you can also see from the pics though, both cover images stand at the beginning (and the end) of the book, right after/before the actual external cover.

*all bday wishes to mika have been added in the end of the book, as a few people asked to send in their cards just with wishes, and so I thought it was best to add them for last. you an see also last min entries have been included

*I have included a disclaimer for the artwork jamakkronic has so kindly allowed to use for the guidebook. she asked her works is not copied or posted around as it's just for mika and not to share. she's a pro artist. I'd appreciate if you respect her decision.

will post the book tomorrow signed for and hopefully I'll get as usual feedback it's been delivered.

again, mika said he'd also say when he gets it, but I'm not responsible for his actions

on a side note, I wanna say big thanks to all who took part and worked hard for htis: you are all amazing and I'm sure your work will be appreciated! the guidebook is seriously beautiful, I wish you could all see it in flesh.

thanks also to zsina for all her help with the artistic parts organisation. and thanks to all the artists: A-MAZING work you did!! :wub2:

Edited by avoca