MIKA @ Bestival's Interstellar Spectacular | Isle of Wight, UK

Christine

In a UK festival exclusive, Mika will be joined by a full-band, glittering technicolour fest set to take this year’s space-age theme into orbit.

Mika will also be showcasing some brand-new material and has some very special Bestival treats up his sleeve - there are still a few tickets left.

http://www.bestival.net/html/tickets

Bestival takes place at Robin Hill Country Park, Isle of Wight from 11 - 13 September, Mika will be appearing on September 12th.

PLEASE do NOT RSVP if you are not attending; only RSVP if you will or might attend. Thanks!

REPORTS

http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19689

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

They have some good artists playing there this year, I might finally get to see Just Jack live!

Every other time, there's been some clash, so fingers crossed:naughty:

Blue Roses are there too, as is Lily Allen and Frankmusik:roftl:

Should make for an interesting weekend!:naughty:

i was at bestival last year, the line up was not half as good as it it this year, it was pouring the whole week end and i had SO MUCH FUN... I'm defo thinking about going this year too !!! don't have my ticket yet, though... and the ferry is definitely NOT £125, bab !! i don't know where you've seen that... there are tons of travel deals with festival ticket + ferry or even with bus from your town + ferry + festival ticket... the whole thing is still around £250 for the week end. but it's such a great festival, i loved it :thumb_yello:

i was at bestival last year, the line up was not half as good as it it this year, it was pouring the whole week end and i had SO MUCH FUN... I'm defo thinking about going this year too !!! don't have my ticket yet, though... and the ferry is definitely NOT £125, bab !! i don't know where you've seen that... there are tons of travel deals with festival ticket + ferry or even with bus from your town + ferry + festival ticket... the whole thing is still around £250 for the week end. but it's such a great festival, i loved it :thumb_yello:

I was wondering where Babs got that price from, I'm sure even if you are driving in your own vehicle, it's no more than £70 return, if that!

The line up does look great, and there is more to be announced apparently, so I'm looking forward to hearing who else will be there.

so,have you got some web link for those travel and tickets?where we have to take the ferry?no more tickets alone?

can we take a plane??

rose,we can take a car to go on this isle?

i don't know nothing about this festival,just see the website,and bands who goesn(yes,you"re right,lilly,frankmusik,and mgmt i think...)

thanks to help ;)

so,have you got some web link for those travel and tickets?where we have to take the ferry?no more tickets alone?

can we take a plane??

rose,we can take a car to go on this isle?

i don't know nothing about this festival,just see the website,and bands who goesn(yes,you"re right,lilly,frankmusik,and mgmt i think...)

thanks to help ;)

The weblinks in the first post Fanny.

You can go by car, but if you fly to London, you can take the Big Green Bus, the link is on the Bestival site, and you can get a ticket at the same time.

If you want to go by car though, it will be quite a drive, if your driving from France. Once you get over here, you'll have another few hours drive to get to Southampton for the ferry.

You can't fly there as far as I'm aware.

you can fly to southampton and take the ferry there... but i don't know how easy it is...

you can also do : eurostar + train + ferry + shuttle (that's what we did last year)

the travel deals are more like : ferry (from different cities, you can choose) + festival ticket

you always have to take a shuttle from the ferry terminal to the festival site, and this is never included in the deals (about £8 i think)

you can fly to southampton and take the ferry there... but i don't know how easy it is...

you can also do : eurostar + train + ferry + shuttle (that's what we did last year)

the travel deals are more like : ferry (from different cities, you can choose) + festival ticket

you always have to take a shuttle from the ferry terminal to the festival site, and this is never included in the deals (about £8 i think)

I got the Big Green Bus ticket, that takes you all the way there.

Yes, the shuttle is £8:thumb_yello:

There are hotels, not sure how close they are to the site.

thanks both for your explains ;)

so,not easy to come,but the ferry ins't expensive:roftl:

could you help us for hotels?some links?where do you stay?in camping?not too cold on september??

thanks both for your explains ;)

so,not easy to come,but the ferry ins't expensive:roftl:

could you help us for hotels?some links?where do you stay?in camping?not too cold on september??

It's a festival, camping is all part of the fun.:camping:

September, sometimes we get an Indian Summer over here, so the weather could be good, although last year at this one, it was not good weather. But previous ones have been okay.

Forget about a hotel, the site is far from everything... there is a restaurant at the entrance, but that's about all you have... there are some houses, but nothing like a town/city/village in the area !

about the weather... last year it was pouring but not really cold. A good jacket was alright. and something waterproof :naughty::roftl:

• 1 month later...

BUMPITY BUMP!

I know not many are going to this, but it's kind of exciting for me, as I think he's doing more songs from the album in full.

And it's going to be on a bigger stage, so I'm thinking lots more craziness, which I'm definitely up for!

BUMPITY BUMP!

I know not many are going to this, but it's kind of exciting for me, as I think he's doing more songs from the album in full.

And it's going to be on a bigger stage, so I'm thinking lots more craziness, which I'm definitely up for!

yes, I think its gonna a be aspecial one, he also hypes it up quite a bit. that's why I'd love to go, trouble is the place is SO difficult to reach for us from the continent and it needs several days to go back and forth. that's a big problem for me. :boxed:

hmpf that's great - now that i've decided that i urgently need a mika gig very soon, as i wanna get away from my disastrous RL as much as possible at the moment, this one is sold out and the blackpool one is not a real gig and only for uk residents. luck really isn't on my side at the moment. :sneaky2: (i probably used it all up by meeting mika in munich... :doh:)

*hopes for more gigs, preferably on weekends*

hmpf that's great - now that i've decided that i urgently need a mika gig very soon, as i wanna get away from my disastrous RL as much as possible at the moment, this one is sold out and the blackpool one is not a real gig and only for uk residents. luck really isn't on my side at the moment. :sneaky2: (i probably used it all up by meeting mika in munich... :doh:)

*hopes for more gigs, preferably on weekends*

I read your post as if I have written it. EXACTLY!!! New Mika gig please!!! Why is Bestival sold out?! I've just decided to go... Ugh!!!:furious:

I read your post as if I have written it. EXACTLY!!! New Mika gig please!!! Why is Bestival sold out?! I've just decided to go... Ugh!!!:furious:

I'm surprised I got a ticket, because I thought they had sold out, at the time I was looking into going, but there were still tickets available for the coach package. But that was 2 months back, and it was just after that, I'd heard it had sold out.

I'm surprised I got a ticket, because I thought they had sold out, at the time I was looking into going, but there were still tickets available for the coach package. But that was 2 months back, and it was just after that, I'd heard it had sold out.

:aah::sneaky2: oh well wasnt meant to be :wink2:

:aah::sneaky2: oh well wasnt meant to be :wink2:

Might be an idea to check the site in case of any cancellations, you never know.

But it's not cheap, and they don't do day tickets.

Might be an idea to check the site in case of any cancellations, you never know.

But it's not cheap, and they don't do day tickets.

:thumb_yello:thats fine ive got afew friends who want to come too. will keep looking. thank you rose :wub2::biggrin2: