Did you suddenly receive an EP you didn't order???!!!

I second this. There has to be a better alternative.

Especially worrying given how limited of a release this EP is. There aren't exactly five million spare copies floating around the world. :blink:

Indeed :mf_rosetinted:

I don't know for sure, but I'm getting the sense that they only realized their mistake when MFCers started contacting them and explaining they'd received extra copies in error. :bleh:

I'm pretty sure that's the case. I emailed back and forth with Helen a

few times trying to explain why I said they had sent me a book in error.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Surely they have a record of their mailouts, and a record of who ordered digital...can't they have someone go through them to match them up??? And then send those people a nice note BEGGING them to return the copy they didn't pay for.....

But in my opinion, there will be a huge loss on this, because many people who ordered DLs are people who are not on MFC, and who possibly didn't really care about the book (the reason they didn't order it in the first place???) and now they have a freebie, they are sitting there laughing and getting ready to put it on ebay.

There will also be a bunch of kids who couldn't afford the EP book who ended up with one thinking Christmas came early!!:blink:

I feel so sorry that Mika's money has gone into this project (it wasn't really the record company was it?) and it is getting stuffed up by incompetence like this.:sneaky2:

When will Team Mika learn to surround themselves with GOOD business people....:mf_rosetinted:

Surely they have a record of their mailouts, and a record of who ordered digital...can't they have someone go through them to match them up??? And then send those people a nice note BEGGING them to return the copy they didn't pay for.....

But in my opinion, there will be a huge loss on this, because many people who ordered DLs are people who are not on MFC, and who possibly didn't really care about the book (the reason they didn't order it in the first place???) and now they have a freebie, they are sitting there laughing and getting ready to put it on ebay.

There will also be a bunch of kids who couldn't afford the EP book who ended up with one thinking Christmas came early!!:blink:

I feel so sorry that Mika's money has gone into this project (it wasn't really the record company was it?) and it is getting stuffed up by incompetence like this.:sneaky2:

When will Team Mika learn to surround themselves with GOOD business people....:mf_rosetinted:

i think i read somewhere that it was mika's project and not the record company's. hopefully they have a record of it all.

i think i read somewhere that it was mika's project and not the record company's. hopefully they have a record of it all.

Mika says it in the OMM article:

The EP and book are only available as a limited edition of a couple of thousand through Mika's website (and Paul Smith's shops - the designer is a fan). "It would have been a huge headache for Universal," he says, "but it does mean I've had to pay all its costs."

Mika says it in the OMM article:

The EP and book are only available as a limited edition of a couple of thousand through Mika's website (and Paul Smith's shops - the designer is a fan). "It would have been a huge headache for Universal," he says, "but it does mean I've had to pay all its costs."

thanks deb! i knew i read it somewhere! :naughty:

Indeed :mf_rosetinted:

I'm pretty sure that's the case. I emailed back and forth with Helen a

few times trying to explain why I said they had sent me a book in error.

Just curious. Did they charge your card for it.. at any point??

I'm GOOD business people! They can hire me!:naughty:

MFCers are definitely more organised in here with various projects...:biggrin2: I hope Mika knows exactly what's going on?? They really need to get their act together..:sneaky2:

Just got a reply from Sandbag

"Hi,

Sincere apologies for the mistake – please do return the item back to the address mentioned below and please do include a note explaining the situation, please do use a standard postal service and we will of course refund this amount back to your card.

Thank you for your honesty,

Kind regards

Sandbag"

I had ordered 1 EP/ Book and 1 digital version and got 2 EP/Books.

Just emailed Sandbag, asking whether I shall return it to the address on the envelope.

Hi - yes i got an extra copy of Songs for Sorrow sent to me :shocked: - don't worry I've sent it back. But it's a pretty dreadful mistake to have made, mainly because it's a limited edition and so much thought has gone into getting the artists to give their interpretation of Mika's songs and such a beautiful book has been created.

And there's real fans out there who are desperately awaiting their ordered copies and there's people who haven't been able to afford copies, and then there's free copies being posted off to people who might just have ordered an mp3 - and i don't reckon all the people who download Mika songs are necessarily major big fans.

Really hope that the majority of the EPs sent in error have been sent to the wonderful members of MFC :wink2: - who we all know are good honest folk, who will pop their extra copy back in the padded envelope it came in, even if they've already taken off the plastic wrapping for a sneaky peak to see if those elusive codes were there :teehee: and will send it back to : Sandbag Ltd. PO Box 2656. Reading. RG1 8XR. England. UK.

And then maybe all those of you who are frustrated with waiting may finally receive your treasure. :thumb_yello:

And Mika - thank you for creating something specially for your fans - Toy Boy is my absolute favourite but all the songs together with the book are just perfect. Thank you xx :wub2:

Edited by purple friend
changed a couple of words

Hi - yes i got an extra copy of Songs for Sorrow sent to me :shocked: - don't worry I've sent it back. But it's a pretty dreadful mistake to have made, mainly because it's a limited edition and so much thought has gone into getting the artists to give their interpretation of Mika's songs and such a beautiful book has been created.

And there's real fans out there who are desperately awaiting their ordered copies and there's people who haven't been able to afford copies, and then there's free copies being posted off to people who might just have ordered an mp3 - and i don't reckon all the people who download Mika songs are necessarily major big fans.

Really hope that the majority of the EPs sent in error have been sent to the wonderful members of MFC :wink2: - who we all know are good honest folk, who will pop their extra copy back in the padded envelope it came in, even if they've already taken off the plastic wrapping for a sneaky peak to see if those elusive codes were there :teehee: and will send it back to : Sandbag Ltd. PO Box 2656. Reading. RG1 8XR. England. UK.

And then maybe all those of you who are frustrated with waiting may finally receive your treasure. :thumb_yello:

And Mika - thank you for creating something specially for your fans - Toy Boy is my absolute favourite but all the songs together with the book are just perfect. Thank you xx :wub2:

:bye: there! as babs mentioned, it is being discussed in another thread.

i'll be merging your thread with the other :thumb_yello:

I didn't get any free EPs. But if I still get them I surely won't send them back anywhere or contact anyone about how to send them back and who will pay for it :roftl: Unless Torsten came over to pick it up personally. Or Helen. :thumb_yello:

And it's also me joining the line of those who did not get the ordered EPs.... have ordered three pieces, and only one was coming... and I also hope that my first real contact with Mika-purchases (the bad Berlin-ticket-presale and now the EP-sale) is only the one side of the coin, and not the usual way in the future for getting articles or tickets ;)

And it's also me joining the line of those who did not get the ordered EPs.... have ordered three pieces, and only one was coming... and I also hope that my first real contact with Mika-purchases (the bad Berlin-ticket-presale and now the EP-sale) is only the one side of the coin, and not the usual way in the future for getting articles or tickets ;)

Same here - ordered three, got one.