me. I am new here.

thy

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

:welcomeani:

I hope you'll enjoy it over here as a non-fan :wink2: You were very lucky you could talk to him ... Some of us (like me) waited two years for that opportunity :wub2: but it is great, isn't it ...

and Thanks for the thorough intoduction.

The Berlin concert was great, though he was rather nervous at the beginning:teehee:

Thought that the way to introduce yourself.

I guess he is a human. But actually that him sort of lovable (I surely need a better vocabulary). Interesting since he played such big crowds and then this little crowd. But the smaller the crowds and the more "unplugged" and the less you have to hide behind the more nervous one can get. :)

Yeh welcome to the MFC :biggrin2:

Interesting choice of music you have there

What can I say? I don't limit myself to one genre of music. I even forgot to mention a whole lot more music-like archive- who make more electronic stuff and the really old stuff. The 80ies music and so on. Sometimes (really sometimes) even Hip Hop or Country. I judge about music in another way than the genre-like if it gives me something, if I like the voice (very important) and so on.

I hope you'll enjoy it over here as a non-fan :wink2: You were very lucky you could talk to him ... Some of us (like me) waited two years for that opportunity :wub2: but it is great, isn't it ...

Sometimes I am lucky. And yes, I already feel very welcome here and comfortable. As far as I can say it you are a cool and nice bunch of people.

(Should I even mention that I saw him earlier that day as well but didn't run to meet him because I had no clue what to tell him? I don't want to bother people if I have nothing to say. Would make me feel like on of those guys who just collecting autographs in order to sell them on ebay...don't like those people.)

Hi Thy and welcome ! :)

I'm Marina from Italy

Mika is an amazing artist and performer and a special guy indeed :wub2:

Hope you'll love it here :punk:

I think I already do like it here! He is. I guess I said that already. :)

Hello thy!:thumb_yello:

We have already met in the other thread but I wanted to say welcome one more time!

I was at the Berlin gig too, all the way from Sweden!:wink2:

I will post some pics and vids of that gig later (or soon?). Thats a long way (unless you fly)! Been to Stockholm once. Was quite nice there. I can relate to you traveling for a concert-traveled to Copenhagen in the beginning of may to see some bands-they played on the same concert and I couldn't resist. 25.5 hours in Copenhagen. lol. No sleep. Well, traveled to Dublin to see a band....etc...Something I wanted to do when I was young but never did because of what other might think and now I do even though most think I am crazy.

What a fabulous introduction! Welcome to the MFC thy. :bye:

thank you!

Thank you for this warm welcoming everybody!

I will post some pics and vids of that gig later (or soon?). Thats a long way (unless you fly)! Been to Stockholm once. Was quite nice there. I can relate to you traveling for a concert-traveled to Copenhagen in the beginning of may to see some bands-they played on the same concert and I couldn't resist. 25.5 hours in Copenhagen. lol. No sleep. Well, traveled to Dublin to see a band....etc...Something I wanted to do when I was young but never did because of what other might think and now I do even though most think I am crazy.

Oh I did fly to Berlin, even had a hotel room!

But a week later I did your kind of trip to London, back and forth in less that 24 hours, no expensive hotel, just for the gig!

Sleep is sooo overrated anyway!:naughty:

Glad you liked Stockholm!:thumb_yello:

Oh I did fly to Berlin, even had a hotel room!

But a week later I did your kind of trip to London, back and forth in less that 24 hours, no expensive hotel, just for the gig!

Sleep is sooo overrated anyway!:naughty:

Glad you liked Stockholm!:thumb_yello:

I have never slept that well in a bus like I on my way back home from Copenhagen-not even the school class of danish teenagers woke me up. I only blame the ferry for not letting me sleep in the bus. There is no proper place to sleep-too many people around. lol. And I would always do it again. Maybe with a bit more company. But I guess if I ever travel for mika I would sure have company. :D

I have never slept that well in a bus like I on my way back home from Copenhagen-not even the school class of danish teenagers woke me up. I only blame the ferry for not letting me sleep in the bus. There is no proper place to sleep-too many people around. lol. And I would always do it again. Maybe with a bit more company. But I guess if I ever travel for mika I would sure have company. :D

And you had no worries to get your things stolen?:blink:

Company...well I seem to be the only one travelling for Mika gigs in my home town, but we are only 1 million in Stockholm!:naughty:

But it really doesn't bother me though, I'm quite happy to go by myself because I know when I arrive I'll be surrounded by true Mika fans:wub2: I’ve been talking to for a long time in here!

herzlich willkommen thy! wenn du irgendwelche fragen hast, kannst du dich gern an mich wenden. :original: und hier noch der link zum deutschen thread im mfc: http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13559

continue in english... :bleh:

so you were already at the church in berlin when mika arrived in the afternoon - or was it when he left for dinner? if it was the first, you were there already quite early... did we meet? i was wearing a green shirt with the text "spray on the glitter". :bleh:

you were lucky to talk with him for a while after the gig, though he signs things+says hello to his fans after most gigs, in berlin he really took time for everyone, but often there are twice as many ppl as in berlin so he can't do it.

Sometimes I am lucky. And yes, I already feel very welcome here and comfortable. As far as I can say it you are a cool and nice bunch of people.

(Should I even mention that I saw him earlier that day as well but didn't run to meet him because I had no clue what to tell him? I don't want to bother people if I have nothing to say. Would make me feel like on of those guys who just collecting autographs in order to sell them on ebay...don't like those people.)

I hope we are :naughty:

It's the same with me. The hours before the gig I was thinking my brains out about what I was going to say to him. I wanted it to be something significant, but all I could say was "it was the best gig ever" :blush-anim-cl:

I hope we are :naughty:

It's the same with me. The hours before the gig I was thinking my brains out about what I was going to say to him. I wanted it to be something significant, but all I could say was "it was the best gig ever"

I guess we are coming from different places: I didn't know much about his music. Even now I just started to learn. Looking at the lyrics, what they mean etc. I didn't want to go there like "I hope it will be amazing. I just like 2 of your songs by now. Please sign my whatever I would have in my hand first." No sense in doing that.

herzlich willkommen thy! wenn du irgendwelche fragen hast, kannst du dich gern an mich wenden. :original: und hier noch der link zum deutschen thread im mfc: http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13559

continue in english...

so you were already at the church in berlin when mika arrived in the afternoon - or was it when he left for dinner? if it was the first, you were there already quite early... did we meet? i was wearing a green shirt with the text "spray on the glitter".

you were lucky to talk with him for a while after the gig, though he signs things+says hello to his fans after most gigs, in berlin he really took time for everyone, but often there are twice as many ppl as in berlin so he can't do it.

Danke. Werde dann später gucken.

I saw him when he left for dinner. Maybe you were the one filming most of the gig in the first row? Left side? No, we didn't talk or meet. I actually just met a very few (4 - mother+daughter+friends and talked to those who were sitting next to me). So I am spoiled right from the beginning :) I am still not sure whether it is good that I talked that much. You could get everything I said in a completely wrong way. Well, he was still smiling, so I guess everything is ok.

I think your range of music is amazing actually :biggrin2:

ah, it was the good interesting! :wink2:

And you had no worries to get your things stolen?

Company...well I seem to be the only one travelling for Mika gigs in my home town, but we are only 1 million in Stockholm!

But it really doesn't bother me though, I'm quite happy to go by myself because I know when I arrive I'll be surrounded by true Mika fans.I’ve been talking to for a long time in here!

No, I wasn't. First time ever. In the Ferry the bus is locked and I had the important stuff with me. And I had the complete last row for myself in the bus-on both ways. I couldn't stay awake even if I wanted to. I was so incredible tired at that point. 9 hours bus + 25.5 hours awake (incl. concert of 4 bands, and another one at 1 am and little sightseeing) = completely wasted.

Well, even meet someone in Kopenhagen would have helped a lot. Someone to keep you awake. The bands are just too small-so I don't know anyone who is a fan of them and I think the river phoenix didn't have many fans who traveled that far for them. hehe. Meeting fans you know from board is always a pleasure! :)

I feel a bit as if I would talk to much... :biggrin2:

@c'rocktart! Thank you

yup, i was front row on the left side - right next to the boy in the paper dress and his girlfriend. and i also was filming some of the songs, but not most of the gig, no, there certainly were others who filmed more than i did! :naughty:

Hello everybody,

trying to think of what to write and I have no idea. Well, my name is Dörte but you can call me thy. I am not a fan of mika but I really started to like his music. I should probably start with how I discovered mikas music after a little time of two years (maybe more?). Of cause I heard his music a while ago-I loved "Grace Kelly" and "Big Girl" but the radiostations played it a bit too often (and I don't like "Relax" and "Happy Ending". Then the concert in the Passionskirche in Berlin was announced and I thought it must be really nice to hear a voice like his "unplugged" and in a chuch even without knowing most of his songs. Well, I almost didn't went first because of money then because I almost forgot. I was a bit lucky-went there spontanous and it wasn't sold out. The concert was even more amazing then I could imagine! Mika is an amazing entertainer as well as singer and everything. Thought to give it a try to meet him afterwards and met some really nice girls (I think they are not here) and talked to them. I found out myself that it is really nice when someone tells you it was really good what you did. (I write and read little funny stories-nothing great- and it really nice when you get a feedback afterwards. Since then I sometimes want to tell the artists I saw what I thought.) So did I. Poor mika had to listen to the strange things I said (discribing myself as a "non fan"-not sure if such an expression even exists. Hope he got me right and you aswell). Well, he was very funny and very nice. The day after I got the CD (after only 2 years) and the EP (as download-again money...can't help it). The thing with me is that if some music really hits me I want to know more about the artist-where he comes from to understand more. I can be sort of obsessiv. For quite a while I look for all kind of things I can find-found the observer artikel (twitter/Mikasounds.com -> here) and ended up here.

About me: I love music. Listen to music mainly. Go to conerts, even of bands and artists I don't really know. If someone can't convince me live, I usually don't listen to him and the other way round. I learn (not play.lol) bassguitar. I love to travel (even for music-some might call it passion and the rest crazy). Go to the cinema. Writing stories and make people laugh or smile). I am very shy and calm. 27. Student. I love themeparks. I love Helmut Newton and photography. I love Henry Rollins. He is funny as hell! Don't like Horrormovies.

Music I like: 30 seconds to mars (thats where I call myself a "fan", travel for those guys), Diefenbach, The River Phoenix (ok, I have a soft spot when it comes to danish music), Veto, William Fitzsimmons (incredible sad and extremly funny), Foo Fighters, The Beatles, Marilyn Manson (old stuff), Eagles of Death Metal, Queens of the Stone Age, Take That (Yes, I am honest about this point. I love them. They make me feel good. They have such wonderful voices.).............................................................so many more!

Ok, I can't think of something else to say. If you have any questions just ask! I don't bite.

Nice introduction!

Welcome to the MFC! :wink2: Hope you enjoy it here!

yup, i was front row on the left side - right next to the boy in the paper dress and his girlfriend. and i also was filming some of the songs, but not most of the gig, no, there certainly were others who filmed more than i did! :naughty:

I think I saw you. I was third row all the way to the left-hat the pleasure to see the boy in the paper dress the whole gig. So, I saw you as well. :) pics posted btw.

@Mary, celine and sabine64: Thank you!