The Codes and the Points.

CazGirl

oh, i had many opportunities to get used to it! :naughty:

kata, i'll post bout the meeting in the german radio thread within the next hour or so.

interesting that you guys mention uploading pix that are not your own... i had this concern for a while now, and mentioned it to mika today - just so he knows, not cause i expected him to have a sudden inspiration of what he could do about it. though i really hope he gives it a second thought.

maybe they need more ppl to check the pix, they're all viewed anyway before they go live... they could just not accept pix of mika's covers or sth like that... and they could install a support system for those who see their own pix on someone else's account, so that you can complain about it easily, and for example by sending them the pic in original size, with exif data and all, prove that you own the copyright.

:thumb_yello:

...and thanks for your report on the German radio thread:wink2:

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

thinking about it, i guess the easiest way to handle the photos problem would be to add a possibility to report members to the admin for uploading pix that are not their own. i mean, i personally have nothing against it if ppl upload pix from photo agencies, though those agencies probably wouldn't be happy if they knew... but uploading other fans' pix as your own there is just not fair.

anyway, there are ppl who do that systematically with the purpose to collect more points, and they upload about any pic they can find, so if many ppl report them, the admin will know that something's wrong there and can look into it.

thinking about it, i guess the easiest way to handle the photos problem would be to add a possibility to report members to the admin for uploading pix that are not their own. i mean, i personally have nothing against it if ppl upload pix from photo agencies, though those agencies probably wouldn't be happy if they knew... but uploading other fans' pix as your own there is just not fair.

anyway, there are ppl who do that systematically with the purpose to collect more points, and they upload about any pic they can find, so if many ppl report them, the admin will know that something's wrong there and can look into it.

that might be a good idea, I'm sure they'll come up with something once they see the same picture over and over again...

But, what if you first post your pictures on the internet and someone else takes them and puts them on mikasounds. How can you prove they're yours? because he/she was first... :wink2:

:roftl: There's the "slight" problem of copyright there then, and Mikasounds should be very careful with that. If they are allowing people to post copyrighted pics on their site, which they technically are (by approving them), they automatically become responsible for the content of the site.

So, all in all, this whole picture or video posting can get quite dodgy. To be honest, I'm not sure that collecting points for any kind of posting is a great idea. Perhaps it would be fairer to collect points for "activity", meaning browsing, reading, listening to music and watching videos on the site, browsing MFC, etc, etc....

That would not encourage spam, but it would reward "loyalty" as in participation.

Just a thought - Maybe this could be passed onto Team Mika?

So, all in all, this whole picture or video posting can get quite dodgy. To be honest, I'm not sure that collecting points for any kind of posting is a great idea. Perhaps it would be fairer to collect points for "activity", meaning browsing, reading, listening to music and watching videos on the site, browsing MFC, etc, etc....

That would not encourage spam, but it would reward "loyalty" as in participation.

Good idea... :thumb_yello:

In general, the current system only encourages further 'silly posts' with no information content and neglecting forum manners (eg. that you are supposed to read before you post).

As for posting photos and videos, I am not competent to tell how easy / time-consuming it is to identify the originality of these but I doubt the current staff would have the capability to do so - there have even been examples of unreleased songs approved to be posted on MS.

She said:

But then it means No1 on the list gets the artwork, the personal message, the chempagne meet&greet and the private gig.....

(...and then they get married and live happily ever after...)

She said:

But then it means No1 on the list gets the artwork, the personal message, the chempagne meet&greet and the private gig.....

(...and then they get married and live happily ever after...)

I totally read that.

I am so stupid sometimes. :aah:

But on MS it does seem to suggest that there can be more than one acoustic gig etc - somewhere it gives limits for these prizes - I think there was a maximum of 5 acoustic gigs (not for the same person :naughty:), 5 champagne M&Gs etc.

I totally read that.

I am so stupid sometimes. :aah:

You're not stupid - it's easy to miss things, especially in big threads when you're trying to take in a lot of info at once.

met mika today in munich and talked with him about the magic numbers. told him i like it and whether it was his idea (yes, it was)... then he said they're trying to add a possibility to get points by posting on the mfc. i asked whether also the old posts would count, or just the new ones, and he opened his mouth to answer but then laughed and said he won't be telling anything else, cause it's not sure whether it will work and he doesn't want to promise anything.

well, at least they're trying. :wink2:

Yay Mellody!! :thumb_yello:

That is just unacceptable bad form, if you ask me. Whoever did that should be ashamed, and if those are your pics I would send them a pm if I was you asking them to take them down. Only fair.

But it goes to show how a system that rewards people for posting crap just for the sake of it may have its problems :wink2:.

Oh, and if the person doesn't want to take the pics off, you should email the support explaining the situation and I'm sure that they will gladly delete them for you and 'warn 'them. Or I would hope that they would do that if they want to keep a fair situation.

Agreed... after posting my thoughts about it yesterday.. I have fallen into the same situation as tiibet.. I'm so gonna kick ass now...:sneaky2:

It's not usual and you're not overreacting .. If they were my pics ... well .. you don't want to know (that's why I put my name on all the pics, even if they are just screenshots .. ).

I think the best thing to do is e-mail the person, so she can take them off .. And maybe even mail the people that are running it too, because when you get points by stealing other people's pics .. that's just wrong :boxed:

Good luck

People are posting things like the covers of Mika's singles !! and photos of Mika from new agencies - nobody seems to be checking what is being posted.

It is getting quited bad...though I enjoy going through some of the stuff..

Me neither, I just posted a few vids but lost motivation pretty soon. In fact, I posted most vids BEFORE the points system started, and not for the reason of getting points. I just find it a waste of time and it's not like they give many points anyway for all the effort

I find the whole idea exciting.. i remember Mika said it was going to be like our personal myspace thing.. which i thought was cool... now i can share more stuff with my MFC friends.... so i'm treating it as such right now..don't know if my enthusiasm for it will fade though cause people are sharing crap.

There's the "slight" problem of copyright there then, and Mikasounds should be very careful with that. If they are allowing people to post copyrighted pics on their site, which they technically are (by approving them), they automatically become responsible for the content of the site.

It should be... right now there are many copyrighted materials being shared there..

I like the MS site..now going through vlogs for the second time.. i really see them now... before they were just updates on Mika.. but now.. I appreciate how well they're made... the point system makes it more exciting.. but i like what sara said about.. points for listening, watching etc...

:roftl: There's the "slight" problem of copyright there then, and Mikasounds should be very careful with that. If they are allowing people to post copyrighted pics on their site, which they technically are (by approving them), they automatically become responsible for the content of the site.

I really like that idea :thumb_yello: I find it quite annoying that people post just to get points! It is difficult to find important messages if there are too many spam messages. And it's so much work to Mikasounds, they could avoid it.

Agreed... after posting my thoughts about it yesterday.. I have fallen into the same situation as tiibet.. I'm so gonna kick ass now...:sneaky2:

I'm sorry to hear that! I asked the person who uploaded my pics to take them down, and she questioned if they are really my pics or not :sneaky2: But I want to believe she was confused, and she promised to take them down.

I'm sorry to hear that! I asked the person who uploaded my pics to take them down, and she questioned if they are really my pics or not :sneaky2: But I want to believe she was confused, and she promised to take them down.

Can you let me know if she doesn't? Someone uploaded my artwork as well and I'm taking it up with Push.

did anybody validate their itunes licm? for me it wont do it, they always tell me "item not found in your itunes library". what am i doing wrong? :dunno:

Did you buy the album from iTunes or import it to iTunes from the CD?

This confused me for a good long while until I realized that buying a digital copy of the album was counted differently than buying a CD and importing it into iTunes.

If you imported it from a CD, you need to put the CD into your computer and validate the CD version.

If you bought it from iTunes and it won't validate, you should get in touch with somebody who might be able to fix it or who would at least be able to pass the message on to someone who could fix it.

Can you let me know if she doesn't? Someone uploaded my artwork as well and I'm taking it up with Push.

She did take them down so everything is fine now :thumb_yello: I guess she was confused what she could upload and what not :shocked: Maybe there should be some kind of rules?

whoops, that's true, haven't thought about it yet! :shocked: on the other hand, it says in the terms+conditions that you have to keep to the law, otherwise they can cancel your account and sue you - this of course would include copyright law. i wonder if they'll check the uploaded pix on copyright infringements before they give out the big prices... :fisch:

meanwhile i found 3 people who use my photos - and probably also those of many others - obviously uploading everything they can get their hands on, to gain points. one of them seems to collect the best pix on mikasounds, copy them and upload them on her own account.

still, i like the idea of getting points for photos - for me it's a great way to share all my mika and mfc pix (so far, i divided it on my german website and on myspace) and get a reward for that.

i just wish there was a possibility to report members or/and certain photos. you can flag comments as inappropriate, why not flag pix as copyright infringements?

btw, i'm wondering how much webspace they have for all the pix... :naughty:

whoops, that's true, haven't thought about it yet! :shocked: on the other hand, it says in the terms+conditions that you have to keep to the law, otherwise they can cancel your account and sue you - this of course would include copyright law. i wonder if they'll check the uploaded pix on copyright infringements before they give out the big prices... :fisch:

meanwhile i found 3 people who use my photos - and probably also those of many others - obviously uploading everything they can get their hands on, to gain points. one of them seems to collect the best pix on mikasounds, copy them and upload them on her own account.

still, i like the idea of getting points for photos - for me it's a great way to share all my mika and mfc pix (so far, i divided it on my german website and on myspace) and get a reward for that.

i just wish there was a possibility to report members or/and certain photos. you can flag comments as inappropriate, why not flag pix as copyright infringements?

btw, i'm wondering how much webspace they have for all the pix... :naughty:

:shocked::shocked::shocked:

Uploading photos is becoming slightly tricky. :boxed:

I'm only uploading my own screencaps along with my own photos, but now I'm worried. :sweatdrop:

Yippie!!! Someone else decided to upload my photo on mikasounds... :thumb_yello: Well done you...

Edit: Btw I really didn't expect that from an MFCer...

It's rude and unfair, really. But I think it's impossible to track all the photos you have in your PC and remember where they are from. :boxed:

They should set the rule that you can only upload your own photos taken at gigs, during the gig itself or when you meet the artist. This is the only way to avoid people uploading somebody else's photos.

But I think the point in uploading on Mikasounds is sharing stuff, so... :dunno:

Yippie!!! Someone else decided to upload my photo on mikasounds... :thumb_yello: Well done you...

Edit: Btw I really didn't expect that from an MFCer...

Yeah, someone is uploading a sh*tload of videos that aren't theirs :sneaky2::furious:

And there's not really anything we can do :tears: