I saw it on wednesday and I thought it was amazing.

It shows what a talented, beautiful, tender-hearted, innocent, loving, caring, funny person he is. :wub2: He is just so full of love to everyone. He also looked very motivated in everything he did.

I did cry a lot during this movie, especially at the end, I just couldn't stop :-( and I seemed to be the only one. It's just the fact that this will be the last thing we will see of him or something.

I hope you all enjoyed it too!

I'm going again tonight.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You took the words out of my mouth.

Okay, so I just came back from it. My thoughts? It was amazing. As first I wasn't really too sure what to expect, but every single part was enjoyable. It made me laugh, it made me cry (right now, I'm still tearing!), and most of all, it made me appreciate Michael so much more. I love Thriller and Earth Song, they're outstanding, but really, there wasn't a dull moment. I was worried I'd be a little upset after seeing it. But after the credits rolled, and the bonus scene played, it left me with a complete feeling. If there's one thing I learned from this film, it's that Michael truly loves his fans. Kenny Ortega did a brilliant job with this. It was raw, it was real, and it really was it.

u've spoken my mind out this time.... i almost collapsed (silently of coz) aft Earth Song, it's so incredible :tears:

thinking abt going for it again but this time i wanna find a companion.... watching n sobbing alone is making me emotional :no:

I saw the movie yesterday. :emot-sad: Those shows were going to be brilliant. All the time and effort he put into the rehearsals just upsets me. He really wanted this, and it was taken away from him.

And also the messages he puts across about the planet, he felt so strongly for the world. He wanted to change what thousands of people had done. Just one man wanted to take the weight of everything, everything that was dear to him :emot-sad:

“I really feel that nature is trying so hard to compensate for man’s mismanagement of the planet. This beautiful planet is sick, like a fever. If we don’t fix it now then it’s at the point of no return. This is our last chance to fix this problem that we have. It’s like a runaway train and the time has come. This is it. People always think: ‘Oh they’ll take care of it, the government; they will do it ‘they’ who? It starts with us. It’s us, or it’ll never be done.”

Michael Jackson R.I.P :emot-sad:

I saw the movie yesterday. :emot-sad: Those shows were going to be brilliant. All the time and effort he put into the rehearsals just upsets me. He really wanted this, and it was taken away from him.

And also the messages he puts across about the planet, he felt so strongly for the world. He wanted to change what thousands of people had done. Just one man wanted to take the weight of everything, everything that was dear to him :emot-sad:

“I really feel that nature is trying so hard to compensate for man’s mismanagement of the planet. This beautiful planet is sick, like a fever. If we don’t fix it now then it’s at the point of no return. This is our last chance to fix this problem that we have. It’s like a runaway train and the time has come. This is it. People always think: ‘Oh they’ll take care of it, the government; they will do it ‘they’ who? It starts with us. It’s us, or it’ll never be done.”

oh my... :tears: it's beautiful...he always has the right,wonderful words to put things and convince people in a major scale but never in a harsh tone.i'm more and more in love with him now.

(plans to join more community service).

i hate the whole concept of this movie.

its a cash cow. not what michael would have wanted :sad:

I have to say I agree & that's why i don't want to go, yes I do want to see Michael but i don't want them profiting from his death! To me they are partly responsible for his death (ask mjjc'ers) they overworked him til his bones were jutting out he was so painfully thin

I can't bare to think of what they did to my poor MJ :crybaby:

it's just NOt on

they did it just so they could get money from the gigs they didn't care about his health or his life

that's what I call greed!!!

What the poop? My comment disappeared! But THANK you guys for all the feedback. I'm really psyched to see it tomorrow. My only worry is that I won't have a hard copy to take home and reply over and over. :aah:

I don't think so. You guys have to remember that Michael was also majorly in debt. A lot of the money is also going towards his estate, and his children. I like to think I'm helping them out as much as I can. Also, if Sony decided not to release the movie, there would be a huge uproar, so why not? When it comes down to it, it's all about business, and making people happy means money most of the time. :dunno:

I also managed to get my hands on a copy of Dancing the Dream today from the library (which I'm planning to get myself for Christmas! :naughty:). So far my favourite reflection/essay/thingabobber has to be So The Elephants March. It's fabulous! I'm a happy camper!

ohh my fave poem is heaven is here I think when you read it you'll know why

it's near the back of the book:wub2:

awww you always have the right words to make things better :wub2: i seriously can't wait to watch it! and i'm glad that most people still describe him as 'is' instead of 'was'.just that i hope people will finally end all those stupid tabloid junk,that's all to it.

Of course, he'll always be an "is". Have you had a change to read Dancing the Dream, Yana? There's two poems that perfectly describe my philosophy on these sorts of things: Are You Listening? and Heaven Is Here. Particularly this verse from HIH:

There never was a time

When I was not

Or you were not

There never will be a time

When we will cease to be

Yeah? I love his wording. :blush-anim-cl:

I'm so happy you guys enjoyed it too, Mikalicious and Gulietta.

u've spoken my mind out this time.... i almost collapsed (silently of coz) aft Earth Song, it's so incredible :tears:

thinking abt going for it again but this time i wanna find a companion.... watching n sobbing alone is making me emotional :no:

:huglove: Be happy! (Although that's sort of hypocritical coming from me recently. :naughty:)

I love that. I wonder where they got that quote from? Was it supposed to be a voice-over for the concert? I want to hear more! I really thing Kenny Ortega did a fantastic job with that he had, and that he cared about Michael. Although his direction of High School Musical is a bit.. ehh. eek3.png

ohh my fave poem is heaven is here I think when you read it you'll know why

it's near the back of the book:wub2:

Yes! :wub2: It's beautiful. My favourites, I think, are So the Elephants March, Quantum Leap, and Angel of Light. But they change every day. Just like his songs, it's so hard to choose.

Yes! :wub2: It's beautiful. My favourites, I think, are So the Elephants March, Quantum Leap, and Angel of Light. But they change every day. Just like his songs, it's so hard to choose.

yes those are nice too! I also like but the heart said no (I think that's the title isn't it lol)

it's a very nice one & the fish that was thirsty too:biggrin2:

yes those are nice too! I also like but the heart said no (I think that's the title isn't it lol)

it's a very nice one & the fish that was thirsty too:biggrin2:

Yeah, I'm pretty sure that's the title. :naughty:

My brother just came back from TIS. He said little kids and other people were dressed up like Michael. That's so cute!

Going to see This Is It tomorrow night. After reading through everyone's comments I'm even more excited to see it. I'm so happy everyone is enjoying it and glad to hear that it was put together in a way that really shows the world MJ's endless talent.

I just got back from it-

It wasn't long enough- I could have sat there for another three hours- It was amazing!

It shows what a talented, beautiful, tender-hearted, innocent, loving, caring, funny person he is. He is just so full of love to everyone. He also looked very motivated in everything he did.

I did cry a lot during this movie, especially at the end, I just couldn't stop :-( and I seemed to be the only one. It's just the fact that this will be the last thing we will see of him or something.

It really did- I laughed so much

I almost cried- I rarely rarely ever cry during movies- I think I have only once before. (RENT)

Originally Posted by bitter.icarus

You took the words out of my mouth.

Okay, so I just came back from it. My thoughts? It was amazing. As first I wasn't really too sure what to expect, but every single part was enjoyable. It made me laugh, it made me cry (right now, I'm still tearing!), and most of all, it made me appreciate Michael so much more. I love Thriller and Earth Song, they're outstanding, but really, there wasn't a dull moment. I was worried I'd be a little upset after seeing it. But after the credits rolled, and the bonus scene played, it left me with a complete feeling. If there's one thing I learned from this film, it's that Michael truly loves his fans. Kenny Ortega did a brilliant job with this. It was raw, it was real, and it really was it.

But, yes I'm so glad he left us this.

And me and my brother were the only one's who stayed all the way through and saw the clip at the end- That made me so happy! And who he dedicated it to. I was a little upset at the ending, well, because it was the ending but the final clip made me laugh and I felt so much better-

I was just upset I left my #1's CD at home and couldn't listen to him on the way back.

Michael Jackson R.I.P

I loved when he said that

Of course, he'll always be an "is".

aww that made me smile-

I can only refer to him in the present tense

Originally Posted by DarkLight

it's a very nice one & the fish that was thirsty too

Yeah, I'm pretty sure that's the title.

My brother just came back from TIS. He said little kids and other people were dressed up like Michael. That's so cute!

lol- I was trying to get my brother to dress up but we totally forgot because we weren't even sure if we were going.

But yeah, My favourite parts were They Don't Care About Us, Thriller, Billie Jean and parts of Smooth Criminal (because there was a Humphrey Bogart look-a-like and Bogart's my favourite actor-lol)

Going to see This Is It tomorrow night. After reading through everyone's comments I'm even more excited to see it. I'm so happy everyone is enjoying it and glad to hear that it was put together in a way that really shows the world MJ's endless talent.

Have fun! Be sure to tell us how it goes.

I just got back from it-

It wasn't long enough- I could have sat there for another three hours- It was amazing!

But, yes I'm so glad he left us this.

aww that made me smile-

I can only refer to him in the present tense

But yeah, My favourite parts were They Don't Care About Us, Thriller, Billie Jean and parts of Smooth Criminal (because there was a Humphrey Bogart look-a-like and Bogart's my favourite actor-lol)

Wasn't it? I wish it was longer too. Michael has a certain je ne sais quoi that leaves everyone enraptured. :blush-anim-cl:

So am I. Even if he didn't know he was going to, it was the perfect gift.

:teehee: Glad I could make you smile.

What? Really? I didn't see any Bogart-lookalike! There's another reason to see it again. :aah:

Of course, he'll always be an "is". Have you had a change to read Dancing the Dream, Yana? There's two poems that perfectly describe my philosophy on these sorts of things: Are You Listening? and Heaven Is Here. Particularly this verse from HIH:

i haven't,will look for it soon though.those r lovely wordings :wub2: think i shud rly get my copy some time soon.

hey ppl, though still stirred by the TII emotions, i'm so happy today coz i juz got my copy of Dancing The Dream!!!! :boing: i flipped thru the pages on my way home and god..... how can a book be that beautiful???!! i mean both the words n pics :wub2:

gonna start reading now!!!!

And me and my brother were the only one's who stayed all the way through and saw the clip at the end- That made me so happy! And who he dedicated it to. I was a little upset at the ending, well, because it was the ending but the final clip made me laugh and I felt so much better-

I was just upset I left my #1's CD at home and couldn't listen to him on the way back.

i like staying till the very end of a movie since to me this shows a kind of respect to all ppl who've devoted themselves working for the film. however, many audience juz tend to leave once the story's finished.... this makes me feel a weirdo:shocked: (though i always am haha)

so, i'm glad that TII really makes use of every second to show the msg and spirit of Michael! i luv that Heal The World part so much:blush-anim-cl:

i haven't,will look for it soon though.those r lovely wordings :wub2: think i shud rly get my copy some time soon.

You're going to love it. :teehee:

i like staying till the very end of a movie since to me this shows a kind of respect to all ppl who've devoted themselves working for the film. however, many audience juz tend to leave once the story's finished.... this makes me feel a weirdo:shocked: (though i always am haha)

I completely agree. It's offputting when people just leave as soon as the credits start to roll. What if they had spent all that energy working on a film, only to be left unseen once the shots ended? :sneaky2:

I like to think the little extras put at the end of credits are like rewards for those of us who stick around til the end. :blush-anim-cl:

You're going to love it. :teehee:

I completely agree. It's offputting when people just leave as soon as the credits start to roll. What if they had spent all that energy working on a film, only to be left unseen once the shots ended? :sneaky2:

I like to think the little extras put at the end of credits are like rewards for those of us who stick around til the end. :blush-anim-cl:

Me too!!! I love those clips- I always stay there till the very end.

What? Really? I didn't see any Bogart-lookalike! There's another reason to see it again.

Hmm during Smooth Criminal - the guy who was chasing Michael- and to me he looked just like Bogie- It might have een my over reactive imagination but it looked just like him!

Just saw This Is It. Unbelievable, I could see it again right now! The costumes for Thriller were amazing. Everyone was applauding after every song. At the end of the last song it went completely silent and one woman in the audience said "I love you Michael". It was so cute. But missing was his, "I love you more". It's just so sad that he's gone.

Just saw This Is It. Unbelievable, I could see it again right now! The costumes for Thriller were amazing. Everyone was applauding after every song. At the end of the last song it went completely silent and one woman in the audience said "I love you Michael". It was so cute. But missing was his, "I love you more". It's just so sad that he's gone.

Yes Thriller was amazing!

THe theater was pretty empty for my showing but I made sure to clap after every song - it was amazing!

Awwww- that's adorable-

bitter.icarus - here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2zuWIl8mnE0 at 47 seconds isn't that Bogie?

Me too!!! I love those clips- I always stay there till the very end.

Me too. And I make whomever's with me stay too. :teehee:

Aww, that's sweet. I kept sending him mental messages about all the parts I loved (basically the whole film, :lol3:). But Thriller, wow! That mummy guy made me laugh.

Yes Thriller was amazing!

THe theater was pretty empty for my showing but I made sure to clap after every song - it was amazing!

Awwww- that's adorable-

bitter.icarus - here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2zuWIl8mnE0 at 47 seconds isn't that Bogie?

Holy crap! It does! :teehee:

i think i've read too much.i'm gonna avoid this thread until saturday! toodles girls! :roftl: :roftl::roftl: wouldn't wanna spoil the surprise ,haha.i'm thrilled! and i think i'm gonna watch it again! i heard they;re gonna extend the time! it's not 2 weeks,it might be more! read this:

http://movies.yahoo.com/news/movies.ap.org/this-it39-tops-charts-with-101m-worldwide-ap

:wub2:

Must must watch it , did he look fit and well , I mean could be dance and the like?

You´re gonna be surprised. He looked thin, but to me, he doesn´t look that sick & frail like some tabloids or some people (karen*cough*faye*cough cough*) tried to make us believe. I know the movie is made on speficic moment and embellishing the possible bad things, but, for me, it doesn´t matter. He dances amazing, he controls everything & the most important thing: his voice was on its top :wub2:

And it makes me sad that his brilliant idea, his show..never took place :tears:

You´re gonna be surprised. He looked thin, but to me, he doesn´t look that sick & frail like some tabloids or some people (karen*cough*faye*cough cough*) tried to make us believe. I know the movie is made on speficic moment and embellishing the possible bad things, but, for me, it doesn´t matter. He dances amazing, he controls everything & the most important thing: his voice was on its top :wub2:

Yes very very sad

Ive seen clips , in fact I got the album last week ... with the picture booklet and all

Man in the mirror:wub2:

YES he looks extremely thin!!!!!!!! esp in one black jacket with the shoulders area bulged a bit.. (sori my english damn sucks.. i hope u understand which one i mean ==)

but another big YES for his voice!!!!!! absolutely beautiful, no wonder why he tried so hard to protect it:teehee:

Yes very very sad

Ive seen clips , in fact I got the album last week ... with the picture booklet and all

Man in the mirror:wub2:

FD!! quickly go watch it!!!!!! u'll luv it for sure:biggrin2:

OMG the more time i spend here reading all ur posts, the more i wanna watch it again!! (but i'm broke recently... i mean it):sneaky2:

and i must say that i so wanna shout out/clap during some parts but ppl around me juz keep still... i went alone so i dared not do anything :no:

Saw it again tonight, for the second time. And I love it. The concert would've been so AMAZING. :fangurl:

MJ looks good, though a little thin... and I noticed he wasn't dancing as intense as he would've at the concerts, but he didn't really need to practice his dance moves. He's been dancing since he was born.. He knows what he's dong. It was the backup dancers, and the band that needed the practice to know what MJ wanted.. Anyway, he definitely didn't look drugged up in my, or the people I went with opinions. And, his voice still amazing.

make sure you all stay til after the credits because there's extra.

:huglove: