• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Mika loves to tell us what to do doesn't he?

And I love not to do it.

You'll be in black though, won't you?

Just find someone wearing silver and white, and you'll be sorted:wink2::naughty:

hello i won the itunes ticket auction

Congratulations:thumb_yello::biggrin2:

cheers.. i have wet myself with excitement, theres no smilie:aah: for that

We have needed one for a LONG time:naughty:

mika met some italian fans in milan today, mirtilla asked me to post this cause her home internet is down...

provided you can go :naughty:

NO fancy dress please, but the theme will be WHITE BLACK AND SILVER, metal like...

everything will be brand new.

I will wear my jeans as planned:thumb_yello: (but then I may not be in the actual gig anyway so it wouldn't matter:naughty:)

I feel so special, having actually physically having a ticket:blush-anim-cl:

So, black, white and silver. Got my black jeans, just get a white t shirt or top, with silver on it, and silver shoes, and I'm set.

Off to New Look in the morning:naughty:

You are special:thumb_yello::naughty:

It was lovely talking to you onthe phone tonight Rose...it made me very excited that I am going to see so many MFCers again next week. I hadn't been expecting to see everyone again for a while. I am really looking forward to it.

I don't get out much:naughty:

I agree Sara. Mika hasn't played anywhere in the UK other than London since Nov 07 so effectively London is the 'home gig' for anyone in the Uk currently. But it really isn't ideal for the reasons that you point out. So many hardcore fans and it usually ends in tears one way or another.

I really wish that people would stop this nonsense about the UK being "privileged". It could actually be argued that it's a bit the opposite: The UK often doesn't get as many gigs as other places if you compare it by population ratio (as a recent example the SFS acoustic tour, but also last summer without going any further).

When we do get gigs here, they are the most overcrowded and therefore rowdy ones, where on top of having to "fight" their way to the front against a much higher percentage of hardcore fans people also face a much more rushed Mika at the end, who tends to escape to some function or just home.

So much for the "being privileged" theory :biggrin2:

Thank you Sara, I thought I was the only one who had noticed!

Not meaning to sound funny, but the London gigs ALWAYS attracts more people from all over, not just from the UK, so there are more people hanging around afterwards. And like Sara says, Mika is always in a rush to get away after, than he is at other gigs, where there are not so many people. This acoustic tour was a prime example of that.

Now I'm aware he doesn't have to see fans afterwards, I'm surprised he still does tbh, but it seems that the London giggers do seem to get the short shrift, from what I can see.

Agree :thumb_yello:

I always find London abit stressful for gigs ... I much prefer going to other cities even with other bands .... :wub2:

London is nice for the underground that things are easily accessed ... but that's about it ... cos' even the underground is a nightmare sometimes :aah:

Yes, the underground is the worst :sneaky2:

Guys- I don't think that Robi meant that we will definitely get in if we turn up! As far as I know, Mika said that he would try and source tickets but there is nothing in firm.

As far as tickets go, until the Ticket Fairy gets back to Deb, the official stance is that we don't have any.

If I am wrong please someone with "official" info correct me :naughty:

Thank you Sara, I thought I was the only one who had noticed!

Not meaning to sound funny, but the London gigs ALWAYS attracts more people from all over, not just from the UK, so there are more people hanging around afterwards. And like Sara says, Mika is always in a rush to get away after, than he is at other gigs, where there are not so many people. This acoustic tour was a prime example of that.

Now I'm aware he doesn't have to see fans afterwards, I'm surprised he still does tbh, but it seems that the London giggers do seem to get the short shrift, from what I can see.

Yes, I've noticed this since early on. And there are always many many more hardcore fans vying for his attention if he does come out.

London is my home gig, but I pretty much hate them there these days but you can't just not go, you know?

That's why I am resolved to go to lots of overseas gigs if I can.

I have to say I think It's really bad that not even the Mikasounds tickets have been given away yet ... I mean what are they waiting for ... I know Franz gave tickets out to their website and fanclub ages before the gig ... I could have gone cos' you only have to send in your name and fanclub number and it was on a first come first served basis ... but It was too near to Blur for me to go back up to London ... even Blur were giving away Graham Coxon tickets ages before his gig happened - I mean why can't Team Mika organise these things better ... it's not bloody hard is it .... bands have been doing it for years .... It really nettles me .... cos' you guys don't deserve it .... :(

Yes, I've noticed this since early on. And there are always many many more hardcore fans vying for his attention if he does come out.

London is my home gig, but I pretty much hate them there these days but you can't just not go, you know?

That's why I am resolved to go to lots of overseas gigs if I can.

That's why I'd love it if next tour, he does venues like Bournemouth and Plymouth, and Bristol would be a dream for me. The Sugababes play there EVERY tour, and they've been going for years. I don't know why Mika won't play there?

For your information ALL the tickets for ALL the gigs in the festival were free!

That's how iTunes do it every year, so none of the acts makes money out of it, that I'm aware of, from the shows themselves.

No there's no point whining on about us being unsupportive of Mika, by not bidding in the auction (does he actually get the money anyway, is it not for charity?), when most of us here, pretty much spend all our money on him, at gigs, cds/dvds etc!

I am just repeating what people have already said. Soaring S wrote she'd rather pay for the tickets. It wasn't possible, too bad, we had to accept it, if reluctantly.

I don't believe Sire is that desperate about money :wink2: , but I think it will make him feel good :blush-anim-cl: to see that three pairs of tickets have gone for 300, 220 and 200, the other two possibly for more, our friend K may not have been the highest bidder.

Cheers,

Id3

I am just repeating what people have already said. Soaring S wrote she'd rather pay for the tickets. It wasn't possible, too bad, we had to accept it, if reluctantly.

I don't believe Sire is that desperate about money :wink2: , but I think it will make him feel good :blush-anim-cl: to see that three pairs of tickets have gone for 300, 220 and 200, the other two possibly for more, our friend K may not have been the highest bidder.

Cheers,

Id3

I really hope it doesnt make him feel good to see his most devoted fans need to spend 200 quid to see him when luckier people who don't give a damn about him get in for free.:sneaky2:

And this is exactly why we're trying to work with the ticket fairy to get hold of tickets. But like Sara just said, unfortunately, we have no news yet.

I have to say I think It's really bad that not even the Mikasounds tickets have been given away yet ... I mean what are they waiting for ... I know Franz gave tickets out to their website and fanclub ages before the gig ... I could have gone cos' you only have to send in your name and fanclub number and it was on a first come first served basis ... but It was too near to Blur for me to go back up to London ... even Blur were giving away Graham Coxon tickets ages before his gig happened - I mean why can't Team Mika organise these things better ... it's not bloody hard is it .... bands have been doing it for years .... It really nettles me .... cos' you guys don't deserve it .... :(

Absolutely!

It's not rocket science, is it?

Like you say, bands have managed to do it for years, and surely before Mika came along this group of people who manage him now, have had experience of doing ticket management, so why is it so hard for them do sort this out?

After the LICM tours, I thought all this malarky would have been ironed out, and things this time around would be much smoother and organised.

Guess not!:blink:

Yes, the underground is the worst :sneaky2:

Guys- I don't think that Robi meant that we will definitely get in if we turn up! As far as I know, Mika said that he would try and source tickets but there is nothing in firm.

As far as tickets go, until the Ticket Fairy gets back to Deb, the official stance is that we don't have any.

If I am wrong please someone with "official" info correct me :naughty:

oh dear what did i do this time?:shocked:

i only reported what mika said talking to mirtilla today!

'provided you can go' is added by me and was only a stupid joke regarding tickets!

'provided you can go' is added by me and was only a stupid joke regarding tickets!

You're alright Robi, I understood what you meant:thumb_yello:

I really hope it doesnt make him feel good to see his most devoted fans need to spend 200 quid to see him when luckier people who don't give a damn about him get in for free.:sneaky2:

And this is exactly why we're trying to work with the ticket fairy to get hold of tickets. But like Sara just said, unfortunately, we have no news yet.

I wish I could wear rose tinted glasses too, but they definitely make me look too camp :blush-anim-cl: .

I do believe that when Sire sees how flatteringly high the bids went :blush-anim-cl: the last thing on his mind will be his over the clock queuing up, or dowright bankrupt fans.

The Ticket Fairy, yesss.

Cheers,

Id3

I wish I could wear rose tinted glasses too, but they definitely make me look too camp :blush-anim-cl: .

I do believe that when Sire sees how flatteringly high the bids went :blush-anim-cl: the last thing on his mind will be his over the clock queuing up, or dowright bankrupt fans.

The Ticket Fairy, yesss.

Cheers,

Id3

:bye:

Sorry but this is really getting on my nerves. Fans building a raft to cross the atlantic to go to a gig can be considered flattering, but the ammount of money spent on an auction? I should bloody hope that isn't considered flattering, in fact if Mika in any way is concerned what was spent on those tickets and it isn't in a "oh dear, weren't these supposed to be free?" way, then I would personally think a lot less of him than I do now :boxed:

Oh, I clarified it because someone pm'ed me asking if your post meant that we were definitely going to get in (ie, we would get tickets) and then I saw Lillibet posting something that I understood was in a similar vein, so I decided to clarify it in case other people had understood the same :naughty:. That's all.

Sorry but this is really getting on my nerves. Fans building a raft to cross the atlantic to go to a gig can be considered flattering, but the ammount of money spent on an auction? I should bloody hope that isn't considered flattering, in fact if Mika in any way is concerned what was spent on those tickets and it isn't in a "oh dear, weren't these supposed to be free?" way, then I would personally think a lot less of him than I do now :boxed:

Here here ... cos' the day Mika is happy for his fans to shell out £85.00 on a ticket is the day I jump ship ... I haven't done it for Madonna or any other artist I like ... I won't do it for him either .... concert prices nowadays are a flipping joke anyway :aah:

:(

That's why I'd love it if next tour, he does venues like Bournemouth and Plymouth, and Bristol would be a dream for me. The Sugababes play there EVERY tour, and they've been going for years. I don't know why Mika won't play there?

Yeah, I hope that he will do tons of smaller places so at least we can get to those and have a nicer experience :aah:.

Anyway, regarding the auction, I am quite sure that it has NOTHING to do with Mika at all. It's just ticketmaster doing it on behalf of whoever, but I am certain that Mika is not involved with that at all......

Oh, I clarified it because someone pm'ed me asking if your post meant that we were definitely going to get in (ie, we would get tickets) and then I saw Lillibet posting something that I understood was in a similar vein, so I decided to clarify it in case other people had understood the same :naughty:. That's all.

thanks for helping :original:

I really wish that people would stop this nonsense about the UK being "privileged". It could actually be argued that it's a bit the opposite: The UK often doesn't get as many gigs as other places if you compare it by population ratio (as a recent example the SFS acoustic tour, but also last summer without going any further).

When we do get gigs here, they are the most overcrowded and therefore rowdy ones, where on top of having to "fight" their way to the front against a much higher percentage of hardcore fans people also face a much more rushed Mika at the end, who tends to escape to some function or just home.

So much for the "being privileged" theory :biggrin2:

By 'being privileged', and I will remind you of the fact that I was answering Laurel's post complaining about the tickets not having reached her yet, not commenting on the number of gigs per country, I only meant that at least you UK residents don't have to queue up to get your bleeding tickets :sneaky2: , they are sent to you.

They are not outside the UK, which seetickets, for instance, didn't have the honesty to warn us about and I gave up on Latitude for that reason and offered my ticket for free to a friend of mine.

Sandbag did try to send them, with their usual efficiency :roftl: , but apparently many outside UK residents didn't receive them on time and had to collect them at the box office.

In the same way, and although I don't keep tabs, most UK residents seem to have received their Songs for Sorrow eps, some of them a few weeks ago, I have just received mine :pbjt: but some people are still waiting for theirs.

I'll admit that the word 'privileged' was not appropriate : actually, receiving what you have paid for is just normal service... only some of us don't get it, some of us do.

As a French comedian said in a sketch : 'We are all equal, some people are just more equal than others' :lmao: .

Cheers,

Id3

Thank you :biggrin2: