First single -We Are Golden!!

Mary

Do you still need of this?!

2009.07.20-BBC RADIO 1-JO Whiley Show-Mika interview.mp3

http://www.mediafire.com/?z2n4n2zytwo

:wink2:btw,you can use this awesome program for audio recording

http://www.no23.de/no23web/MP3_OGG_Aufnahme_Player_Download.aspx#cbReadtearms

Thanks! :biggrin2: I really needed this one too.

Have you possibly also got the other recording from when he was at radio 2? Were there also and interview to it or did they only announce the song?

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hihi. Neither can I. In the beginning I thought he was joking. Haha, he probably has a whole stock of those grey but it would be fun seeing him in something different for a change :mf_rosetinted:

Va konstigt. Jag kunde lyssna på den och jag lyssnar också från Sverige. :blink:

Det är lugnt nu, jag laddade ner Sariflors recording!:doh:

För det mesta går det bra att höra streamat men den här tappade jag bort!:roftl:

And don't forget, we haven't heard this song live yet...I can't wait to go to his next gig and be in a room full of people screaming "WE ARE NOT WHAT YOU THINK WE ARE; WE ARE GOLDEN!"

:biggrin2:

I can't wait that!! :wub2:

I think I need to get some sleep and listen to it again and again tomorrow. Well, I already like it a lot, but I feel I need to know it properly :teehee:

Thanks! :biggrin2: I really needed this one too.

Have you possibly also got the other recording from when he was at radio 2? Were there also and interview to it or did they only announce the song?

01 - - BBC RADIO 2-KEN BRUCE SHOW-20.07.2009.mp3

http://www.mediafire.com/?qzjgezqnmmy

2009.07.20-rockfm.co.uk-MIKA is IN DEMAND .mp3

http://www.mediafire.com/?wqei2dmzjcx

Okay so I didn't read the last couple of pages but I've read that some people think Mika has released this single because it's "audience friendly"/"radio friendly" etcetc...

Okay so it's your opinion but...really?

That's not what Mika's about, is it? Surely he's stuck to his guns? I personally think this song is totally Mika and one that IS marmite...

About the song being overproduced...sure, it has a lot going on, but this song is pure pop. I know what you mean when you say you can't hear a great deal of Mika's voice (although this is only a problem for me towards the end when he sings about being alone and hurting himself blah blah before he starts whispering "we are not what you think we are...")

Not only is this pure pop but it's also very...teenagey... which is exactly what the song is about. It's not going to appeal to everyone.

It's okay not to like it, I'm not having a go at those who aren't over the moon about it...

But personally I love how it sounds so big and it makes me want to dance in a room full of people with a confetti gun continuously going off :blush-anim-cl:

And remember, people have said it wasn't what they were expecting. What is a Grace Kelly Version 2.0 by the way? A song that sounds similar to Grace Kelly? Gosh, surely we would have jumped on him if that happened? :roftl:

Mika came out with something a little different.

Like it or loathe it, the difference is a good thing, surely?...

I'm sure it will grow on people...

And I must be in a minority group because I for one am glad that HMDYLM isn't on the album :naughty:

And don't forget, we haven't heard this song live yet...I can't wait to go to his next gig and be in a room full of people screaming "WE ARE NOT WHAT YOU THINK WE ARE; WE ARE GOLDEN!"

:biggrin2:

That's what I've been thinking ALL day. I can't wait for that!

I've had 'We Are Golden' stuck in my head all day. :teehee:

Me too, the weird thing though is... That when the chorus hits... I start singing the heaven is a place on earth song :fisch: And with the teenage line I'm tempted to start singing 'teenage dirtbag' :aah:

i have to confess you i missed it at the radio this morning but thanks to Perez ive just listen it and......

Woooow...:wub2: our guy surprise me again!!

i didnt expect somethinglike this, im addicted of it! :biggrin2:

well... cant wait to listen the album!!

a big kiss to all Mfc'eerrrrs:thumb_yello:

i have to confess you i missed it at the radio this morning but thanks to Perez ive just listen it and......

Woooow...:wub2: our guy surprise me again!!

i didnt expect somethinglike this, im addicted of it! :biggrin2:

well... cant wait to listen the album!!

a big kiss to all Mfc'eerrrrs:thumb_yello:

Love you Pietro, good too see you again.

Hope to see you at a gig next year:thumb_yello: