congratz to those who hv their gifts shown in the vid:biggrin2:

wondering if there are more??? heehee

and also wondering if he'd done the same thing when he listened to Pet Shop Boys' new album- dancing like a 3-yr-old girl:teehee:

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yup, agree... though some (most) of my boyfriends at that time would have been behaving the same... Not that I'm a very good example lol I was dressed in a suit with a tie on at that time.:roftl:

Meeee tooo! :biggrin2: I loved ties!:wink2: And I think it is a very boyish behaviour! My husband did the same (as he told me after watching the vid.:roftl:) and my son too. :naughty:

okay, I have to admit, not only boyish....I did it too! :fisch:It is normal in that age..NO?:wink2:

I don't think they were trying to say that it's ONLY gay. just that in reference to the quote calling it "Mika" -- ie, there's nothing wrong with calling the music video gay.

Yeah there's nothing wrong with calling it that.....we just said we simply don't see it that way...I watched it like 6 times now, and I still can't feel it... it is not a hard rock piece, and I just can't really imagine a better video for it. I love it, but I just don't want to call it gay. There's nothing wrong with gay people, gay things, I'm not saying that people shouldn't call it gay...I just don't see it in the video. That's what I meant with my comments.

I don't get the underlined part....daffodil? Isn't that a flower?

But I did NOT say there's something wrong with being gay...I have no probs with gay people...I just said that the vid for me is not shouting for GAY GAY GAY...but rather MIKA MIKA MIKA.

And this comparison may mean that he is gay, but as many of us stated it before in our signatures on MFC, "I don't care." :thumb_yello:

It was Freddie Mercury's answer when he was asked about his sexuality. :teehee:

I don't know what your standard for "gay" is, but I think you should lower the bar a little! lol

here we go again, gay is the new amazing :naughty:

I?m seriously so mika hype, I could care less for anything.

hi, matt.. :wub2: how are you doing?

ciao amore mio! I'm fine thanks, still waiting for my picture with MIKA!!! lol

how r u, my preciousss?

Yeah there's nothing wrong with calling it that.....we just said we simply don't see it that way...I watched it like 6 times now, and I still can't feel it... it is not a hard rock piece, and I just can't really imagine a better video for it. I love it, but I just don't want to call it gay. There's nothing wrong with gay people, gay things, I'm not saying that people shouldn't call it gay...I just don't see it in the video. That's what I meant with my comments.

I see. I think the comment just came across as "let's not call it gay, let's call it 'Mika'..." as kind of brushing off the whole gay thing.

People always have a difference of opinions here (about the song, WAG, for example :naughty:), don't worry about it.

Thank you! :groupwave:

It's 100% Mika.

This is your opinion!!! It's not gay at all IMO!! :aah:

You want it to be gay! :wink2:

This video is amazing! Is it possible that the only thing you can say is that it is gay? :blink:

I think you're just reducing the amount of energy and meanings you can get from it. It's not getting its point at all! :dunno:

Agree!!! Didnt even think so the first time i saw it and i still dont....

It's at 1:34:wink2:

OH yeah! Saw it now! :das:

I have never felt so guilty for watching a video all alone in my room with my thoughts...

Also: I love his expression when he says: "Who gives a DAMN?" at the second chorus!!!:mf_lustslow: (a screen cap would be a jewel! :teehee: )

ciao amore mio! I'm fine thanks, still waiting for my picture with MIKA!!! lol

how r u, my preciousss?

fine luv. :wub2: soon off for hols, never too soon :biggrin2:

you know what? there's never gonna be that pic with you and mika, cause my bloody pc crashed last month and I lost all my data :tears:

I don't get what you mean, sorry.

There's nothing wrong with being gay or to be associated with that term. That video IS gay. Period. Gay as a daffodil, my dear, if you catch my quote. :thumb_yello:

Thanks Matt, well said.

Thank you! :groupwave:

It's 100% Mika.

This is your opinion!!! It's not gay at all IMO!! :aah:

You want it to be gay! :wink2:

This video is amazing! Is it possible that the only thing you can say is that it is gay? :blink:

I think you're just reducing the amount of energy and meanings you can get from it. It's not getting its point at all! :dunno:

Not at all. I find the video gay, super gay, and also super amazing. By thinking that it's gay I am not in any way detracting from the video's fantasticness, at all.

To me the video makes multiple points, I can see and appreciate them all, and one of them is clearly "I am making a gay video and you can all like it or not, and I don't care", which is an attitude that I love.

Oh and I say this in the nicest possible way, but I think that it may be a bit rich telling Matt that he just "wants" it to be gay, as it's sort of making him out to not being able to see the reality of the situation :biggrin2:.

I don't think they were trying to say that it's ONLY gay. just that in reference to the quote calling it "Mika" -- ie, there's nothing wrong with calling the music video gay.

Exactly.

Can't.....breaathhheee...freaking...amaziiing

and....and....and...

IMG_1538.jpg

doggie.jpg

*Dies a little out of happiness* I love you Mika:mf_lustslow:

That is FANTASTIC NEWS, INGIE!!!!

Honestly, I think that if a gay guy is saying that it's gay, it IS GAY :mf_lustslow:

It was Freddie Mercury's answer when he was asked about his sexuality. :teehee:

I don't know what your standard for "gay" is, but I think you should lower the bar a little! lol

Sorry, I'm not a huge Queen fan. (I love the music but I dunno much about them.)

Ha! I dunno it either, honestly! Yeah maybe I should... I watched too many movies with all these gay people who are behaving like girls..guess that's why...:naughty:

But anyway...I still think it is all natural. I mean...he danced the same way in Love Today, just with clothes on.

Ahh I don't care, this vid is great. Let's finish the argument if we can call it an argument haha....Not Mika, not gay. It's great.

I think Mika is a scamp in this vid!

Scamp - "an impish or playful young person."

- "a Disney cartoon puppy."

I think he is both of these actually!

Is that Doctor John's hat with the feathers about half way through??

It's not about what he's doing in the video, but how he is doing it. The whole visuals of the video, the moves, everything about it screams out GAY, GAY, GAY :mf_lustslow:.

To me there is no denying that this is a very gay video, and I love it :wub2:.

My thoughts exactly :biggrin2:

Wow Ingie, that was soooo kind of him, wasn't it..:wink2:

He is such a sweetheart :blush-anim-cl:

Yes. Again (:naughty:) another commentor on Perez Hilton said that Mika is vain (or something along those lines at least) and I was thinking: :shun:.

I see. I think the comment just came across as "let's not call it gay, let's call it 'Mika'..." as kind of brushing off the whole gay thing.

People always have a difference of opinions here (about the song, WAG, for example :naughty:), don't worry about it.

Thank you Louise! Okies, I should get used to it.:wink2: I love this though. I mean about MFC. We can share our opinions even if they are different but everyone knows that we aren't really against each other, we just see things differently.

Agree!!! Didnt even think so the first time i saw it and i still dont....

I think its quite macho. But then I can remember the 70s when everyone was like that vid. (Though not as sexy!)

And all this stereotyping of "gay" behaviour reminds me of the gender stereotyping left over from the 50s that I just about remember from my childhood. "This is Peter, he's pretending to be an astronaut, this is Jane, she's helping mummy with the dishes, this is Gay, he's colourful and OTT, this is Straight, he's dressed in black and glowering at the camera..."

I don't use the expression to describe non-sexual behaviour.

But why am I saying all this, when I could just be saying "Phwoar!"

Thank you Louise! Okies, I should get used to it.:wink2: I love this though. I mean about MFC. We can share our opinions even if they are different but everyone knows that we aren't really against each other, we just see things differently.

Exactly!