The Official "The Boy Who Knew Too Much ERA" Charts & Sales around the world Thread

Showtunes17

It's just available by downloading it...so there's no 'hard release' of it which would be the physical cd :wink2:

What I don't get is why there was all that great album artwork for no actual cd :boxed:

I don't get it either ... I don't think Mika knows what's going on either ... I wanted someone to ask him at Sheffield .. so I think Mikafish did .... you'd have to ask her or Silver ... it was Silver who told me Mikafish had asked him ... I think he's as confused as we are ... :aah:

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What I don't get is why there was all that great album artwork for no actual cd :boxed:

I've got the feeling it will be released in countries where Rain was a hit, such as France, Belgium, Italy.. But well I don't work in the music industry. BIOTG is starting to get airplay here in France anyway.

ah so that's why, i thought it was just ireland. :boxed: asked at HMV in dublin but they didn't have it.

WTF?! :aah: i love collecting singles, what should i buy a download for, if i'm not interested in remixes, and already have that song on the album?! well ok i'll do it for mika, but there's not many who will do that. :boxed:

i've looked on amazon websites UK, DE, FR - but it's not available anywhere, though for UK at least they have the artwork on the site. sigh. :sad:

:shocked: It's not only on HMV, on amazon UK, TBWKTM is sell at £4.98 delux verion and the normal one too. :shocked:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Boy-Who-Knew-Too-Much/dp/B002LMSX3Q/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=music&qid=1266706204&sr=8-1

In France the price don't move, I think it's only in UK that the price is so low.

I try to find BIOTG in France in cd version but nothing:aah:

It's just the download on Itunes ... that's it ... there are no other versions :aah:

It's just available by downloading it...so there's no 'hard release' of it which would be the physical cd :wink2:

Ooops beaten to it :aah:

I don't get it either ... I don't think Mika knows what's going on either ... I wanted someone to ask him at Sheffield .. so I think Mikafish did .... you'd have to ask her or Silver ... it was Silver who told me Mikafish had asked him ... I think he's as confused as we are ... :aah:

I've got the feeling it will be released in countries where Rain was a hit, such as France, Belgium, Italy.. But well I don't work in the music industry. BIOTG is starting to get airplay here in France anyway.

ah so that's why, i thought it was just ireland. :boxed: asked at HMV in dublin but they didn't have it.

WTF?! :aah: i love collecting singles, what should i buy a download for, if i'm not interested in remixes, and already have that song on the album?! well ok i'll do it for mika, but there's not many who will do that. :boxed:

i've looked on amazon websites UK, DE, FR - but it's not available anywhere, though for UK at least they have the artwork on the site. sigh. :sad:

ruth just posted a video of the sheffield m+g, where mika was asked about the single. it's at about 2:10:

Thanks girls, I've checked it out and get what it means. But BIOTG was the No1 single in Japan more earlier than it's appeared here in Europe. Was it soft release as well?:boxed: And what's the purpose of its cover art then? Does it only serve for the promoting purpose? I get impression that he's confused too.:blink: Well, here in Serbia BIOTG video was at the 1. position on MTV last week.:thumb_yello:

Thanks girls, I've checked it out and get what it means. But BIOTG was the No1 single in Japan more earlier than it's appeared here in Europe. Was it soft release as well?:boxed: And what's the purpose of its cover art then? Does it only serve for the promoting purpose? I get impression that he's confused too.:blink: Well, here in Serbia BIOTG video was at the 1. position on MTV last week.:thumb_yello:

I'm concerned that BIOTG might not get high in the UK charts because it's only downloads. I hope I am wrong!

ruth just posted a video of the sheffield m+g, where mika was asked about the single. it's at about 2:10:

Is he saying he didn't mind? I can't hear well.:blink:

I'm concerned that BIOTG might not get high in the UK charts because it's only downloads. I hope I am wrong!

His team had to have in their minds that possibility.:sneaky2:

I hope its not cos they lost out by pressing too many for Rain- he ultimately pays for them (or half of them?) doesn't he?

whatever the reason, i think it was the record company who decided it, and the way it looks, mika isn't really happy about it either (the way he reacts in the video looks to me like a "yeah i know and i don't like it but i can't change it and have better things to do than worry about things i can't change"). :dunno: in any case, i think it's a stupid decision, as imo BIOTG is the most promising single from the album so far, because of the song and because it's released now during the tour. and not releasing it as a CD single is just the worst thing they could do imo. :no:

didn't mika mention in a recent interview that ppl used to buy cds for artwork but that now it's all about downloads? i don't think he's happy about it, we all know how important his artwork is for him as part of the whole thing. well, i don't know, maybe in the uk no one's buying cd singles anymore anyway, you hardly see them anymore at HMV. in germany it's different, i don't know about sales numbers, but i'm sure that a huge part of the single sales is still via cd-singles. here you still find them everywhere at record stores. i hope they'll release BIOTG as a cd single at least here, maybe next month for the german tour. well, i wouldn't bet on it, knowing german universal :sneaky2: but i'm always optimistic. :naughty:

UK fans aren't avoiding the download in the hopes of a physical release are they? He won't chart if we do- I bought it when it came out (but I haven't heard that it charted)

We won't know where it officially charted until after 7 o'clock this evening.

meaning: 'I don't want to discuss it'.

:cool:

:naughty::teehee:

I hope its not cos they lost out by pressing too many for Rain- he ultimately pays for them (or half of them?) doesn't he?

Might be. I was always wondering why Rain couldn't have been ordered via Mikasounds.:blink:

whatever the reason, i think it was the record company who decided it, and the way it looks, mika isn't really happy about it either (the way he reacts in the video looks to me like a "yeah i know and i don't like it but i can't change it and have better things to do than worry about things i can't change"). :dunno: in any case, i think it's a stupid decision, as imo BIOTG is the most promising single from the album so far, because of the song and because it's released now during the tour. and not releasing it as a CD single is just the worst thing they could do imo. :no:

didn't mika mention in a recent interview that ppl used to buy cds for artwork but that now it's all about downloads? i don't think he's happy about it, we all know how important his artwork is for him as part of the whole thing. well, i don't know, maybe in the uk no one's buying cd singles anymore anyway, you hardly see them anymore at HMV. in germany it's different, i don't know about sales numbers, but i'm sure that a huge part of the single sales is still via cd-singles. here you still find them everywhere at record stores. i hope they'll release BIOTG as a cd single at least here, maybe next month for the german tour. well, i wouldn't bet on it, knowing german universal :sneaky2: but i'm always optimistic. :naughty:

Yes he did, but he's obviosly changed his mind about downloading his own songs. Three or two years ago he celebrated internet and downloading cos thanks to it he became an internetional superstar as Lily Allen as well. I really appreciate his and his sister's artwork, but that can't be the only and the main reason why people should buy his CD singles IMO. Besides the majority downloads songs (sometimes illegally) cos it's cheaper and it works especially for the countries outside the European Community. :mf_rosetinted:

Well imo Mika expected a physical release because it did say on his site, and in the emails they sent out about BIOTG, that you could go to your local record store to get your hands on a physical copy. So I really think it was what Mika wanted.

I am now listening to the chart show on Radio One and they've mentioned people who are charting, but no mention of Mika. But I'm hoping he's there. They are up to 21 atm. I'll keep listening with fingers and eyes crossed. If he isn't there it's beyond a tragedy, especially when he's working so hard and puting on the best show of all time with his Imaginarium tour!

If he charts I'll be back to let you all know.

The latest I have found concerning the sales of TBWKTM is that it has sold 1.5 million copies.:thumb_yello::thumb_yello:

I am really hoping that is an accurate number.

It sounds right to me - but I am biased - of course I would really like to think it has sold more than that.:roftl:

That is good to hear! :yay: And I think it is correct too :thumb_yello:

According to http://www.worldwidealbums.net, TBWKTM has sold 715,500 as of this month. Surely it has sold more than that already... :blink:

Yes it did. WWA doesn't do estimations anymore. :wink2:

Well on 'The Official UK Charts' website, there's no sign of BIOTG in the top 100 for this week :sad:

http://www.theofficialcharts.com/top40_singles.php

He wouldn't be in that one because it started last Sunday, before the release of the single. The new chart starts at 7pm tonight. That's the first chart that he would be in.

He wouldn't be in that one because it started last Sunday, before the release of the single. The new chart starts at 7pm tonight. That's the first chart that he would be in.

Ah thank you for clearing that up :)

But could he not still be in that chart even though his single was released a day after they started counting? Do they only count the singles that were released on that day or before? :blink: