Meet Up in Blackpool 5th Sept

kt4mika

OMFG! BE CAREFUL PEOPLE!!!!!!!! This is NOT a joke

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/uk/article6792903.ece

More than 30 people were rescued by firefighters last night after a collision between two cars on the Big Dipper rollercoaster in Blackpool.

The cars were 6m (20ft) above the ground when one rammed into the other at 7.45pm, causing 32 people to be evacuated.

Two were trapped until they were freed by firemen from Lancashire Fire and Rescue. The fire brigade transported the victims down from the ride, on the South Shore of Blackpool, using stretchers, spine boards and neck collars.

Some 21 people were taken to Blackpool Victoria Hospital, three of whom were carried on stretchers. The most seriously injured people are believed to have broken noses, whiplash and cuts and bruises.

An investigation into the cause of the crash will be conducted by the Health and Safety Executive.

The Big Dipper, a wooden rollercoaster, opened in 1923.

EEEEKKKKKKKKK :boxed:

This is not the big one though huh? , thats modern and safe .. ish

• Replies 749
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Blast damn and blast Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

I think at this stage Id prefer at least some of us to get them so we know they have been allocated:sneaky2:

yeah some of us of mfc should win them. loads of us went in for it :teehee: maybe they will just turn up on our doorstep in afew days :naughty: i wish

why does the ticket allocation seem like deja vu? :teehee:

Roll on a family 70th Birthday Party for me then ...Urgh! :argue:

yeah sorry to be the bearer of bad news about the Rollercoaster but as I won't be there would hate for anything to happen to ANYONE not just MFCers. I was online late last night and came on the news I kinda :yikes: and didn't know whether to tell you or not...but better to be prepared than not! :wink2: Plenty of pubs in Blackpool anyway! :drunk_sing:

xx

I'm with you on that one. STILL living in hope ! :teehee:

Was hoping they would have a waiting list on the day for any ticket holders that don't turn up (there are always some surely!) but according to Radio 2 no plans to do that.

:(

I thought they had already shut the Big Dipper down. Or was I thinking of the Grand National? (used to love that).

It's a very old ride, well I think it has just condemned itself :blink:. Thank goodness nobody was seriously hurt or worse..

btw no news on tickets. :sneaky2:

I thought they had already shut the Big Dipper down. Or was I thinking of the Grand National? (used to love that).

It's a very old ride, well I think it has just condemned itself :blink:. Thank goodness nobody was seriously hurt or worse..

btw no news on tickets. :sneaky2:

The Grand National was closed when I went last year but I think it re-opened. I hope its still there. I haven't been on it yet.

No news yet.

I'm with you on that one. STILL living in hope ! :teehee:

Was hoping they would have a waiting list on the day for any ticket holders that don't turn up (there are always some surely!) but according to Radio 2 no plans to do that.

:(

dont think i will get tickets.... :aah: looking forward to a day in blackpool. never been. just hope theres some good pubs :roftl::biggrin2:

i was thinking that mikafish, oh so we cant wait around :teehee:

Of course I'm going too:biggrin2:

We can get the train together Saturday morning:aah: but then I'll have to return for Sunday morning - hope the train connection is good enough.

yes im going up saturday moring. i will text you train times when i get them. :biggrin2::naughty:

OMFG! BE CAREFUL PEOPLE!!!!!!!! This is NOT a joke

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/uk/article6792903.ece

More than 30 people were rescued by firefighters last night after a collision between two cars on the Big Dipper rollercoaster in Blackpool.

The cars were 6m (20ft) above the ground when one rammed into the other at 7.45pm, causing 32 people to be evacuated.

Two were trapped until they were freed by firemen from Lancashire Fire and Rescue. The fire brigade transported the victims down from the ride, on the South Shore of Blackpool, using stretchers, spine boards and neck collars.

Some 21 people were taken to Blackpool Victoria Hospital, three of whom were carried on stretchers. The most seriously injured people are believed to have broken noses, whiplash and cuts and bruises.

An investigation into the cause of the crash will be conducted by the Health and Safety Executive.

The Big Dipper, a wooden rollercoaster, opened in 1923.

The Big Dipper should have been closed down YEARS AGO! It is only holding itself up by a-wing-and-a-prayer! Even if I normally went on rides I wouldn't touch that thing with a ten foot barge pole!

Edit: I agree with KT4Mika about the pubs!

I am a maybe for this at the moment. I might be persuaded. :naughty:

If I do go though it will be seriously on the cheap as I am on holiday next two weeks and don't expect to bring many Euros back home :boxed:. (Remind me not to book a holiday in the Euro Zone next year..)

So expensive rides and dinner in restaurants would be out as far as I am concerned, but could still meet up with you lot nonetheless..for a drink, and rendez-vous at the back door of the Empress Ballroom for example :wink2:.

I am a maybe for this at the moment. I might be persuaded. :naughty:

If I do go though it will be seriously on the cheap as I am on holiday next two weeks and don't expect to bring many Euros back home :boxed:. (Remind me not to book a holiday in the Euro Zone next year..)

So expensive rides and dinner in restaurants would be out as far as I am concerned, but could still meet up with you lot nonetheless..for a drink, and rendez-vous at the back door of the Empress Ballroom for example :wink2:.

I hope you manage to make it. It would be great to see you!

i will be going on my own :aah: 'never been blackpool b4 :teehee: im mad. does anyone know a good b&b or where is everyone staying?? :naughty:

This is where we are staying, but I'm not sure there are any single rooms left. You could share with someone though http://www.phoenixblackpool.com/

Edited by Marilyn Mastin

OMG OMG OMG OMG I HAVE WON TICKETS TO SEE MIKA :roftl::roftl::roftl::roftl::roftl::roftl::roftl::roftl: my dream come true im soo happy

Whoop !! Whoop !! Whoop !!

Me too !!!

Really chuffed for you mikalove=)

I applied on hubby's behalf so I actually have TWO SPARE tickets as we both got email's with a pair of tickets.

They came via email - you print them out as e-tickets.

I will wait a little while to see who on here gets the tickets that they want and then will make sure that some fans who haven't make use of them !

I have been jumping around the house screaming !!!! Soooooooo happy !