When will the album leak??

I've never downloaded an album prior to release, but I've youtubed plenty of the songs. I don't illegally download music, but I had listened to almost every single Frankmusik track that was on his album before the release and it didn't stop me from enjoying it fully or changing my decision on getting his album!

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest roelvano

I think his album leaks a week (or 2) before release.

It's at least on the 17th or 18th september on Internet!! Because, thats the release in Netherlands, Belgium, Germany etc.

I got SFS 2 weeks for release, but off course i bought him at his gig!!

I think there is nothing wrong, downloading an album (though in NL it's ok). I don't buy every cd i like, that's soo much money :(

But offcourse(!!) i would buy MIKA's single and album!!

This year, U2 released their new cd, they protected it sooo damn good, but still it was on the internet, 3 days before release or something.

Some radio-dj here in holland discovered it, and uploaded him on the internet. :D

It's a pity that i don't like U2 ^^

Edited by roelvano

I've never downloaded an album prior to release, but I've youtubed plenty of the songs.

I do that, too:wink2:.. From classical via Paolo Conte to Amanda Lear:biggrin2: ... That's a recent obsession. Normally listening is enough but I do convert these to mp3 occasionally:wink2:

I think his album leaks a week (or 2) before release.

It's at least on the 17th or 18th september on Internet!! Because, thats the release in Netherlands, Belgium, Germany etc.

I got SFS 2 weeks for release

:shocked::shocked:

..just realised I have lived on another planet until now..:blink:

i was VERY happy that we are golden the song did not leak.

we waited together as a fan club, were overjoyed together as a fan club.

blue eyes got leaked on youtube. some people heard, some people didnt. lots on angry PM's and people saying 'oh i want to wait until the release' and arguing.

I hope the album doesnt leak. i can't wait until we can all enjoy the boy who knew too much TOGETHER, as a fan club. :wub2:

I say i can't wait, but i can. you know why? because it will be worth it. because it will be honest.

listening to it 'illegally' is cheating mika, in my opinion.

i dont want to do that.

amen too that. i aggree

Guest roelvano
Sorry to break it to you Roel, but downloading albums for free is as illegal here in Holland as it is anywhere else. :teehee:

Nope, for own use, it's okay.

So when you use it for your own good it's ok!!

When you're uploading stuff to the internet you're illegal !!

Like duh

Edited by roelvano

So when you use it for your own use it's ok!!

Like duh

Errrr .... no .... If you've downloaded something off the internet ... without paying for it ... it's illegal ... not just uploading it for others to download ... it's illegal either way

So when you use it for your own good it's ok!!

Like duh

Ehm. Nope, sorry. Still illegal. You've then gotten something for free that you normally should've paid for. If everybody did that, no records would be sold at all.

Errrr .... no .... If you've downloaded something off the internet ... without paying for it ... it's illegal ... not just uploading it for others to download ... it's illegal either way

I just quoted you to support my point. :biggrin2:

Guest roelvano
Ehm. Nope, sorry. Still illegal. You've then gotten something for free that you normally should've paid for. If everybody did that, no records would be sold at all.

I just quoted you to support my point. :biggrin2:

http://club.cdfreaks.com/f83/downloading-illegal-netherlands-131075/

It's a topic i found :)

For Dutch people;

http://www.iusmentis.com/auteursrecht/nl/mp3/mp3legaal/

That's what i said :)

i know it's illegal and it's ok for me to wait as long as everyone else has to wait... but IF it leaks before the release, i would wanna hear it. :bleh: i'd blame those who leak it, not those who buy it anyway and just are happy to hear the songs a few days earlier. but if the album is downloadable for free on the web, there surely will be some who will just download it and not buy it - and that's what in fact "hurts" mika, regardless of when it happens.

i know it's illegal and it's ok for me to wait as long as everyone else has to wait... but IF it leaks before the release, i would wanna hear it. :bleh: i'd blame those who leak it, not those who buy it anyway and just are happy to hear the songs a few days earlier. but if the album is downloadable for free on the web, there surely will be some who will just download it and not buy it - and that's what in fact "hurts" mika, regardless of when it happens.

I agree with you but it will be available to download (free) for sure. We just don't know when. Songs of Sorrow weren't so hard to find before the release date... I wouldn't mind downloading it before sept 21st since I'll be travelling at that time :teehee: I'll buy a few copies of TBWNTM I'm sure anyways :aah:

That's strange. :blink:

I have to admit I've only ever read things that claim the opposite and I do think it's strange it'd be legal. But then again, our laws on drugs are just as confusing to me. :aah:

This part of the article (sorry non-Dutch speaking people :naughty:), struck me as the exact point that could be used to argue that downloading is in fact illegal. It claims that most music was put online without the artist's permission, so (to me it seems) that technically downloading that music would be illegal.

Een vervelend detail daarbij is dat muziek auteursrechtelijk beschermd is. Dit betekent dat de maker van het werk toestemming moet verlenen voordat deze muziek op Internet verspreid mag worden. In de overgrote meerderheid van de gevallen is dit niet gebeurd, want de meeste muzikanten hopen geld te verdienen met het uitbrengen van cd's met hun muziek daarop.

Man, this is getting way to confusing for me. :aah:

The laws in Canada are different. They created a tax back in the day for media such as blank cassette tapes to cover royalties for artists as it's assumed that people are using the tapes to copy music. The artist societies can't really turn around after benefiting from these royalties for 30 years and claim that it is suddenly illegal to record albums because the media has changed from cassettes to mp3s.

They are trying to push to implement fees via ISPs but that's obviously not going over very well. ISPs occasionally send out vaguely intimidating letters to users who've been uploading a lot because it's a strain on their network. But they are just counting on scaring people who are ignorant of the law because there's really nothing they can do about it.

Guest roelvano

But, i heard from a few people, that MIKA's new album allready on the internet is, for free downloading, but i don't believe them :$

Think it's all bull**** ^^

If they got his new cd, why don't they give the link :) hmm?!

i was VERY happy that we are golden the song did not leak.

we waited together as a fan club, were overjoyed together as a fan club.

blue eyes got leaked on youtube. some people heard, some people didnt. lots on angry PM's and people saying 'oh i want to wait until the release' and arguing.

I hope the album doesnt leak. i can't wait until we can all enjoy the boy who knew too much TOGETHER, as a fan club. :wub2:

I say i can't wait, but i can. you know why? because it will be worth it. because it will be honest.

listening to it 'illegally' is cheating mika, in my opinion.

i dont want to do that.

Alleluja!!! Well said!!! It's so much more fun when we can all enjoy it at the same time, plus it would be just a cheat. And... today is only exactly a month to go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:pbjt:

I did not know that it was so common to download an album before its release. I do understand fans cannot resist temptation and I don't think it is morally so wrong to download it that way if you have pre-ordered it already, but leaking albums is most definitely wrong / is a crime actually.... So, strictly speaking, people are supporting criminal activity...

However, if I 'accidentally' come across the album before it is released I will listen to it, no doubt.. :wink2:...for I'm no angel :angel_not: .. but I won't be looking for it or keep pestering others if they have it (as I hear happened before on MFC..:blink:.. )

I just don't understand why it is such an exciting game... or perhaps that is it: an exciting game that you 'have' / 'know' what no-one else does...:teehee:.. I think it would only annoy me if some people made it obvious in their posts that they have heard the album already :sneaky2:

I agree 100% with you and would totally do the same.:naughty:

I'd listen to it and not tell it anyone except maybe one or 2 people I really trust. If they want to spread it, well, that's fine. If something leaks and is on the internet, everyone should be able to find it.

And yes, it's annoying when people keep on braggig about it.

Guest roelvano
I agree 100% with you and would totally do the same.:naughty:

I'd listen to it and not tell it anyone except maybe one or 2 people I really trust. If they want to spread it, well, that's fine. If something leaks and is on the internet, everyone should be able to find it.

And yes, it's annoying when people keep on braggig about it.

I totally agree with your last sentences!

Go linde! :)

Wonderful: these are my sentiments exactly.

When We Are Golden was first played on Radio 2, one of the best parts was waking up at a ridiculously early hour and coming on here to chat with y'all about it, knowing that we were all hearing it together for the first time! Obviously the album won't be quite like that, but that was so wonderful, and leaking would have ruined that fantastic experience. :wub2:

Also agree about cheating Mika. Why would we want to cheat someone we admire so much?

Yes, I loved Golden Day and all the waiting was worth it! It was a wonderful experience that I will never forget! It's the same with the album. I'm longing to hear the whole thing, but when I do, it will be new for all of us, and there will be such excitement. all of the waiting will have been worthwhile! I already know I'm going to love it, by the bits of it I've heard.

Edited by Marilyn Mastin