When will the album leak??

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm totally gonna buy it and everything, but I'm on pins and needles here! I need to hear the full version of "Dr. John" or I'm gonna lose it!:aah:

YouTube Doctor John, Mika sang it at iTunes recently.

Hopefully on September 21. :wink2:

:roftl:

may i remind everyone that mp3 of any leaked songs, will not be allowed on this forum.

(see our guidelines)

5. Any Mika-related material that can be purchased through regular channels cannot be posted. This includes all studio recordings, clips from the Live in Cartoon Motion or Parc des Princes DVD, iTunes files, etc. In addition, we ask that demos and studio outtakes not be posted on MFC, as Mika has specifically requested those items not be shared. (rev. 7/09)

i'm sure we can all be patient til next month when the album comes out.

that's the very least we can do for Mika :wub2::thumb_yello:

I'm totally gonna buy it and everything, but I'm on pins and needles here! I need to hear the full version of "Dr. John" or I'm gonna lose it!:aah:

i was VERY happy that we are golden the song did not leak.

we waited together as a fan club, were overjoyed together as a fan club.

blue eyes got leaked on youtube. some people heard, some people didnt. lots on angry PM's and people saying 'oh i want to wait until the release' and arguing.

I hope the album doesnt leak. i can't wait until we can all enjoy the boy who knew too much TOGETHER, as a fan club. :wub2:

I say i can't wait, but i can. you know why? because it will be worth it. because it will be honest.

listening to it 'illegally' is cheating mika, in my opinion.

i dont want to do that.

If it leaks early and a few fans get it, and try to talk about it on here, it's gonna cause chaos.

So why would anyone want it to leak? Half the fun is being able to spend two or three days listening to it on repeat - and gushing to you lot about every single note/lyric. :fangurl:

If it leaks early and a few fans get it, and try to talk about it on here, it's gonna cause chaos.

So why would anyone want it to leak? Half the fun is being able to spend two or three days listening to it on repeat - and gushing to you lot about every single note/lyric. :fangurl:

I think waiting is usually the best part :wub2: When you know that something really really nice is happening soon, and you feel that you can't wait it! Love that feeling :blush-anim-cl: And everything Mika related is always worth waiting :wub2:

blue eyes got leaked on youtube. some people heard, some people didnt. lots on angry PM's and people saying 'oh i want to wait until the release' and arguing.

I hope the album doesnt leak. i can't wait until we can all enjoy the boy who knew too much TOGETHER, as a fan club. :wub2:

I say i can't wait, but i can. you know why? because it will be worth it. because it will be honest.

i dont want to do that.

very well said:thumb_yello: i feel the same way.

Hopefully on September 21. :wink2:

:roftl::roftl:

i dont want to do that.

ahhhhhhh my little girl is all grown up :wub2::huglove:

:shocked:

Never even heard about that...:blink:...I always learn about such things last as I am not so much bothered to be the first. In fact, I think it's a bit infantile not to be able to wait and even fight until one has the chance to listen to something they will be listening to for weeks on end a couple of days later, anyway....:blink:

I'd only be interested in listening to things that have never been released and never will be - but only because to me they are also part of an artist's portfolio and I enjoy listening to the development of a talent in general...etc.

I do NOT want the album to leak! We've waited this long, we can wait another month. If it leaks online and people download it, this will affect Mika's sales, and his chart position! So I hope no one gets hold of it until it is released.

:thumb_yello:

I think if it leaks we need to act and do our best to try and stop the illegal downloading of it.

I do go on a site that very often has album leaks on it well before they are released .... I am not going to look for Mika's though ... :no: I want to put that CD in on release day and play it then :wub2: Blur's Think Tank album got leaked about two months before release date and I did download it and listen to it then ... will never do it again ... as it just ruined it for me really .... :aah:

I can't wait to see the finished product ... artwork and all .... :boing: I can wait awhile longer :wub2:

How does it cheat Mika to hear it before it's released? Isn't it mostly the record company who decides when to put out an album? Besides, if people, like me, have already pre-ordered their copy, does it really matter? Mika performed many of his new songs at concerts. When an album leaks, it's up to the individual to listen to it (or not). What is wrong is illegally downloading the music and not buying it.

i dont want to do that.

Wonderful: these are my sentiments exactly.

When We Are Golden was first played on Radio 2, one of the best parts was waking up at a ridiculously early hour and coming on here to chat with y'all about it, knowing that we were all hearing it together for the first time! Obviously the album won't be quite like that, but that was so wonderful, and leaking would have ruined that fantastic experience. :wub2:

Also agree about cheating Mika. Why would we want to cheat someone we admire so much?

I kind of agree. If an album leaks, it's up to you to listen to it. But if you do, don't spread it around and tell everyone. Keep it to yourself til it's released.

I do kinda agree with the people who have an opinion contrary to that though. It does kind of ruin the fun and it's bad yada yada.

Oh, and if downloading illegally is cheating on an artist, then I've cheated on a LOT of artists.:naughty:

How does it cheat Mika to hear it before it's released? Isn't it mostly the record company who decides when to put out an album? Besides, if people, like me, have already pre-ordered their copy, does it really matter? Mika performed many of his new songs at concerts. When an album leaks, it's up to the individual to listen to it (or not). What is wrong is illegally downloading the music and not buying it.

I agree with you in theory but in practice the easiest way you're going to get your hands on those files is if they are all over the internet where plenty of people who will not pay for the album if they don't have to can access them.

I find the "spoiling" concept nonsense. What difference does it make whether I listen to it today or a month from today or 6 months from today? The first day I hear it is the first day I hear it and the experience will not be better nor worse depending on the date.

But if Mika's album does not leak out onto the internet well in advance of the release date there is no denying that is in his best interest. There are 3 groups of people out there - ones that will buy the album regardless, ones that will not buy the album regardless and a third group that will download the album as soon as they can in whatever way that they can.

If those downloaders have no choice but to download it for free because it is not available anywhere else (i.e. released legally) then people who would otherwise purchase the album will download it and may never get around to buying a proper copy. For many people there is very little incentive to go out and buy files that are already sitting on your computer.

I'm sure it is going to be leaked on the 1st day from the release and it is such a pity cause many artists for example have put pressure writing and recording songs.In my case when I don't know an artist or a band I listen to a couple of their songs and I am going to the sites where i can download the songs for free and if I like what i listen /hear I go straight to the Cd store or order from the internet

I did not know that it was so common to download an album before its release. I do understand fans cannot resist temptation and I don't think it is morally so wrong to download it that way if you have pre-ordered it already, but leaking albums is most definitely wrong / is a crime actually.... So, strictly speaking, people are supporting criminal activity...

However, if I 'accidentally' come across the album before it is released I will listen to it, no doubt.. :wink2:...for I'm no angel :angel_not: .. but I won't be looking for it or keep pestering others if they have it (as I hear happened before on MFC..:blink:.. )

I just don't understand why it is such an exciting game... or perhaps that is it: an exciting game that you 'have' / 'know' what no-one else does...:teehee:.. I think it would only annoy me if some people made it obvious in their posts that they have heard the album already :sneaky2: