• Replies 525
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I meant as a whole dirty, but yeah I thought Push him off was dirty, :lmao:

Well on the whole it could be interpreted as having meaningless sex with someone on a regular basis and he's trying to extricate himself from the situation because it's making him crazy.

The Through the Looking Glass special, I think. He said Rain was a breakup letter that he thought would be cool set to a dance beat. :naughty:

But it TOTALLY could be interpreted to apply to his career.

"This ordinary mind is broken, you did it and you don't even know"... at the record company, for making him do tons of mind-numbing press appearances

"Caught in a trap, I can't look back" - in the video, he sings that line while in a brightly-coloured tent suspended from the trees. As though he's saying "now that I've found success, I'm caught in a trap - trapped in this technicolour world as a product of my own success. Now I'm stuck, and there's no going back to 2005 when it was all just a dream for me."

"Thought you found the man you wanted, 'till you turned him into something new" - talking about himself. He thought his popstar persona was the man he wanted to be, but now that he IS that person, he's something new - a drone on a hamster wheel, forced to churn out new songs not because he wants to, but because the label exerts pressure on him to produce and succeed.

It's all a very negative interpretation. I like the whole "breakup letter" explanation a lot better. :naughty:

........Don't you scare us like that :sneaky2:

Well on the whole it could be interpreted as having meaningless sex with someone on a regular basis and he's trying to extricate himself from the situation because it's making him crazy.

You could even go further... go all high school English class and interpret the One Foot Boy to be a metaphor for whatever is keeping him tied to the whole meaningless sex arrangement - habit, lust, etc. On a conscious, logical level he knows it's unhealthy and "making him seasick" - but that One Foot Boy keeps him coming back for more. :teehee:

On a slightly different topic: I wish he'd whip out an acoustic version of this song. I'd love to know what it sounded like when he wrote it at the piano, before it became the slice of synth-pop mastery we now know and love. :wub2:

You could even go further... go all high school English class and interpret the One Foot Boy to be a metaphor for whatever is keeping him tied to the whole meaningless sex arrangement - habit, lust, etc. On a conscious, logical level he knows it's unhealthy and "making him seasick" - but that One Foot Boy keeps him coming back for more. :teehee:

Well yeah, that's where I was going with that. :naughty:

Well yeah, that's where I was going with that. :naughty:

And if that IS the case, you'd probably have to get him drunk before he'd publicly admit to that. :teehee:

Someone, arrange more press appearances in Holland. Isn't that where he was fed the champagne while doing an interview? :naughty:

And if that IS the case, you'd probably have to get him drunk before he'd publicly admit to that. :teehee:

Yes well, that's why I have little faith that he'll be providing a believable explanation for this song. But he's the one who keeps suggesting in interviews that this album is about teenage issues like sex. I don't think he's talking about Dr. John. :roftl:

Yes well, that's why I have little faith that he'll be providing a believable explanation for this song. But he's the one who keeps suggesting in interviews that this album is about teenage issues like sex. I don't think he's talking about Dr. John. :roftl:

Some sharp interviewer needs to be like "Oh? Sex, you say? Which songs on the album deal with developing sexual identity, and in what context?"

Reason number 1,031 why Mika would never subject himself to an MFC interview. :teehee:

Some sharp interviewer needs to be like "Oh? Sex, you say? Which songs on the album deal with developing sexual identity, and in what context?"

Reason number 1,031 why Mika would never subject himself to an MFC interview. :teehee:

:lmfao:

OMG @ MIKA DOING AN MFC INTERVIEW.

chaos, pure, sexually frustrated, hormonal chaos.

You sure have a point there but I'm still dreaming about it!:naughty:

The Through the Looking Glass special, I think. He said Rain was a breakup letter that he thought would be cool set to a dance beat. :naughty:

But it TOTALLY could be interpreted to apply to his career.

"This ordinary mind is broken, you did it and you don't even know"... at the record company, for making him do tons of mind-numbing press appearances

"Caught in a trap, I can't look back" - in the video, he sings that line while in a brightly-coloured tent suspended from the trees. As though he's saying "now that I've found success, I'm caught in a trap - trapped in this technicolour world as a product of my own success. Now I'm stuck, and there's no going back to 2005 when it was all just a dream for me."

"Thought you found the man you wanted, 'till you turned him into something new" - talking about himself. He thought his popstar persona was the man he wanted to be, but now that he IS that person, he's something new - a drone on a hamster wheel, forced to churn out new songs not because he wants to, but because the label exerts pressure on him to produce and succeed.

It's all a very negative interpretation. I like the whole "breakup letter" explanation a lot better. :naughty:

God. Mana:lmfao:

Aren't you looking a bit too deep into this?:naughty:

:lmfao:

OMG @ MIKA DOING AN MFC INTERVIEW.

chaos, pure, sexually frustrated, hormonal chaos.

Awesome!