• Replies 525
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It took us forever to figure out, but once we saw it performed live, everything made sense. :naughty:

He sings "Don't stayyyyyyy too close to me"

OMG!! ive been trying to figure out what it was too.. now that youve said it and i listened to it again.. and youre so right!!! wow!! :shocked::wub2:

Oh my goodness, it does all make sense now!!!

You don't even know how so psychotically happy I am right now!

Like I would just sit there for hours trying to think up possible words that would fit or just listen to the song over and over and over and over and over and over and over trying to understand what he was saying!

Like I am just so relieved!

THANK YOU!... Village Pervert.:naughty:

Thank u soooo much!!! :huglove:

Have you posted it in the actual interview thread?

Yes, pls post it in the interview 3d as well! :)

OK, that took ages. But here you go;

Olivia; Hi this is Olivia I’m with Mika on take40.com

Mika; Hi

Olivia; How are you?

Mika; Good. Are you nervous?

Olivia; yes *giggles*

Mika; I’m nervous. Very nervous. Hey Olivia gave me a gift, its actually quite cool *holds up rubix cube key chain* I’ve got to say

Olivia; glad you like it. Um, my favorite song on the album

Mika; yeah

Olivia; ..is one foot boy but I want to ask you, whats it about?

Mika; how do you like a song that you don’t know the meaning of?

Olivia; you have a way of.. um.. covering.. of saying something in a song without quite saying what it means.

Mika; that’s really cool. I like that. I take that as a massive compliment. Do you really want to know what its about if you like the song? What If I tell you what its about and it turns out you absolutely hate it?

Olivia; I’ll still like it.

Mika; Ok. Its about going mad. Its about .. *laughs* its about a bunch of things. And its about the.. uh.. its about seeing things. I used to see this little kind of gremlin-ly thing when I was a teenager, and I could see it, and I gave him a name, and I would talk about him. And the people in my class at school were kind of used to this idea. And I would use this imaginary thing.. And it would look like a baby in *cant hear the name* Kind of like this physcotic, fat-looking hairless and very strange creature. It just kind of causes a lot of trouble. Very much in a Roger Rabbit sort of way. And do you still like the song?

Olivia; yeah

Mika; Okay. its kind of about that. And you know, leave me alone, I’m happy on my own.

Olivia; Ummm.. you were bullied a lot when you were in school

Mika; mmhmm

Olivia; do you ever get contacted by any of the people who bullied you?

Mika; *smiles* yeah, yeah.

Olivia; what do they say to you?

Mika; you know, the truth is, not much. Because what are you going to do? Are you going to sit there and go “ha ha” .. whats the point in doing that? So, not much. So I just kind of go, you know, “hello” you know, I guess I don’t hold onto everything that has happened to me in my past. In that way, I just kind of think I don’t regret anything that’s happened to me in my life, sure some things were horrible, some things were hard, harder then others, but I’m not going to sit there and be going through it in my head the whole time.

Olivia; Okay. Umm..

Mika; but do you know what, I’ve got to say, when I was younger, it was like I used to make movies in my head, and I would say the next time I see this person, next time I met this person, I would like get a exterminator and have some magic thing that would shrink them down and turn them to.. kind of, everything that they make fun of I want to turn them into. I used to have really vicious, vile dreams of things I would do to these people. But that’s really bad. I would never do that. *gazes innocently at camera*

Olivia; *laughing* umm, you like the show yo gabba gabba..

Mika; Yeah! Does anybody know about Yo Gabba Gabba in Australia?

Olivia; yeah

Mika; really?

Olivia; me and my friend watch it

Mika; *cracks up laughing* yeah, that’s it, all of Australia, you and your best friend watch yo gabba gabba

Olivia; Well, we’re obsessed with it!

Mika; you know what that is? That is officially making that TV show a cult in this country.

Olivia; yeah.. I know

Mika; *giggles* the cult of gabba gabba. I’d love to go it. It’s a childrens TV show. But its completely insane. Beck to MGMT and all these acts, they go and perform on it, right. Its really.. its really quite amazing to watch. I’d love to go on it. Things to look forward to in my old age.

Olivia; *laughs* ummm, do you ever read the mika fan club board?

Mika; umm, the Mika.. fan club forum? I, I don’t, sometimes, I mean sometimes I look at the subjects and stuff like that, and look through the general activity but I don’t read threads. No.

Olivia; Okay

Mika; I don’t think its good to read the threads. Do you?

Olivia; Um, no

Mika; *eyeing her* what are you writing on there?

Olivia; nothing!

Mika; *giggles, looks at the camera, looks back at Olivia* Have you run out of questions?

Olivia; No!

Mika; Look, see, shes concealing her list, trying to be really professional about it but I think she just forgot. *mocks Olivia looking at her list*

Olivia *giggling* Um, I have one more question, how did you get the scar above you’re eye?

Mika; This scar? Umm.. ahhh… in a.. accident. When I was.. early teenager, I think . around then. Yeah.

Olivia; cool.

Mika; it involved.. yoghurt. And too much alcohol.

Olivia; *giggling again*

Mika; and a car.

Olivia; Okay

Mika; will that do?

Olivia; Sure

Mika; kind of like one foot boy, doesn’t really make sense, does it. Hmm, it was nice to meet you

Olivia; nice to meet you too

*Shake hands*

Mika; *laughing again*

OK, that took ages. But here you go;

Olivia; Hi this is Olivia I’m with Mika on take40.com

Mika; Hi

Olivia; How are you?

Mika; Good. Are you nervous?

Olivia; yes *giggles*

Mika; I’m nervous. Very nervous. Hey Olivia gave me a gift, its actually quite cool *holds up rubix cube key chain* I’ve got to say

Olivia; glad you like it. Um, my favorite song on the album

Mika; yeah

Olivia; ..is one foot boy but I want to ask you, whats it about?

Mika; how do you like a song that you don’t know the meaning of?

Olivia; you have a way of.. um.. covering.. of saying something in a song without quite saying what it means.

Mika; that’s really cool. I like that. I take that as a massive compliment. Do you really want to know what its about if you like the song? What If I tell you what its about and it turns out you absolutely hate it?

Olivia; I’ll still like it.

Mika; Ok. Its about going mad. Its about .. *laughs* its about a bunch of things. And its about the.. uh.. its about seeing things. I used to see this little kind of gremlin-ly thing when I was a teenager, and I could see it, and I gave him a name, and I would talk about him. And the people in my class at school were kind of used to this idea. And I would use this imaginary thing.. And it would look like a baby in *cant hear the name* Kind of like this physcotic, fat-looking hairless and very strange creature. It just kind of causes a lot of trouble. Very much in a Roger Rabbit sort of way. And do you still like the song?

Olivia; yeah

Mika; Okay. its kind of about that. And you know, leave me alone, I’m happy on my own.

Olivia; Ummm.. you were bullied a lot when you were in school

Mika; mmhmm

Olivia; do you ever get contacted by any of the people who bullied you?

Mika; *smiles* yeah, yeah.

Olivia; what do they say to you?

Mika; you know, the truth is, not much. Because what are you going to do? Are you going to sit there and go “ha ha” .. whats the point in doing that? So, not much. So I just kind of go, you know, “hello” you know, I guess I don’t hold onto everything that has happened to me in my past. In that way, I just kind of think I don’t regret anything that’s happened to me in my life, sure some things were horrible, some things were hard, harder then others, but I’m not going to sit there and be going through it in my head the whole time.

Olivia; Okay. Umm..

Mika; but do you know what, I’ve got to say, when I was younger, it was like I used to make movies in my head, and I would say the next time I see this person, next time I met this person, I would like get a exterminator and have some magic thing that would shrink them down and turn them to.. kind of, everything that they make fun of I want to turn them into. I used to have really vicious, vile dreams of things I would do to these people. But that’s really bad. I would never do that. *gazes innocently at camera*

Olivia; *laughing* umm, you like the show yo gabba gabba..

Mika; Yeah! Does anybody know about Yo Gabba Gabba in Australia?

Olivia; yeah

Mika; really?

Olivia; me and my friend watch it

Mika; *cracks up laughing* yeah, that’s it, all of Australia, you and your best friend watch yo gabba gabba

Olivia; Well, we’re obsessed with it!

Mika; you know what that is? That is officially making that TV show a cult in this country.

Olivia; yeah.. I know

Mika; *giggles* the cult of gabba gabba. I’d love to go it. It’s a childrens TV show. But its completely insane. Beck to MGMT and all these acts, they go and perform on it, right. Its really.. its really quite amazing to watch. I’d love to go on it. Things to look forward to in my old age.

Olivia; *laughs* ummm, do you ever read the mika fan club board?

Mika; umm, the Mika.. fan club forum? I, I don’t, sometimes, I mean sometimes I look at the subjects and stuff like that, and look through the general activity but I don’t read threads. No.

Olivia; Okay

Mika; I don’t think its good to read the threads. Do you?

Olivia; Um, no

Mika; *eyeing her* what are you writing on there?

Olivia; nothing!

Mika; *giggles, looks at the camera, looks back at Olivia* Have you run out of questions?

Olivia; No!

Mika; Look, see, shes concealing her list, trying to be really professional about it but I think she just forgot. *mocks Olivia looking at her list*

Olivia *giggling* Um, I have one more question, how did you get the scar above you’re eye?

Mika; This scar? Umm.. ahhh… in a.. accident. When I was.. early teenager, I think . around then. Yeah.

Olivia; cool.

Mika; it involved.. yoghurt. And too much alcohol.

Olivia; *giggling again*

Mika; and a car.

Olivia; Okay

Mika; will that do?

Olivia; Sure

Mika; kind of like one foot boy, doesn’t really make sense, does it. Hmm, it was nice to meet you

Olivia; nice to meet you too

*Shake hands*

Mika; *laughing again*

I think he says Ally Mcbeal...:biggrin2:

• 4 weeks later...
I don't really know what "one foot boy" is all about, but I think it's about Mika's imagination playing with himself. Like, this one side of him wants "this" (whatever it may be) but Mika doesn't "we're over, I'm happy on my own"

my interpretation anyway :dunno:

i´ve been thinking for so long about this song too,and I agree with you,it´s about his imaginary,I also had a little friend who always was with me,in my hand,sometimes it makes you feel right,but sometimes you want them to dissapear,so I think that´s the meaning....

• 2 months later...
I'd like to confess that I think the acoustic version of One Foot Boy is better than the album version.

I don't think I can agree. :teehee:

Ultimately I LOVE both versions in their own way... well, all three, really. The CD, the live version he did on the North American tour, and this newly-surfaced acoustic version. :wub2:

This song is just so fresh and so different and made of so many sparkling little pieces of concentrated awesome. Watching that acoustic version took me back to that moment last summer when I first heard the 30 second clip of OFB on iTunes.

I. LOVE. THIS. SONG!!!!:fangurl:

I don't think I can agree. :teehee:

Ultimately I LOVE both versions in their own way... well, all three, really. The CD, the live version he did on the North American tour, and this newly-surfaced acoustic version. :wub2:

This song is just so fresh and so different and made of so many sparkling little pieces of concentrated awesome. Watching that acoustic version took me back to that moment last summer when I first heard the 30 second clip of OFB on iTunes.

I. LOVE. THIS. SONG!!!!:fangurl:

Well boo to you :thumbdown:

:naughty::teehee: I wasn't actually entirely fond of the version in North America...too many layers, he tried to sing too much. The acoustic version is much more simplified, easier to sing for him and therefore nicer to hear, IMO. He didn't sing the high notes and I didn't even miss them, really. Although the acoustic version is in a higher key than the actual song itself.

I dunno. I just prefer it, and it's nice to hear a layered song in a simpler form. I think, anyway.

EDIT: In the album version, it's all Mika's voice. Which is nice, obviously I love it, but in the acoustic version he has Sunshine and iMMa and I think a variety of voices add more flavour to the song.

Edited by CazGirl

• 3 years later...

I've been reading the lyrics recently. I'm not a native speaker. I was always thinking that it is about a boy who has only one foot.

Do you think One Foot Boy means a boy with only one foot or a boy is only one foot in height? I think the height thing is more reasonable!

Well I feel like an idiot. I always imagined some poor little Tiny Tim like boy who only had one foot. Maybe I will have to rethink things...

He says "one foot boy, 11 stone" and stone = weight, so I always assumed foot = height.

But I think that's not what's really going on in this song, anymore than Toy Boy is an actual toy. :naughty:

He says "one foot boy, 11 stone" and stone = weight, so I always assumed foot = height.

But I think that's not what's really going on in this song, anymore than Toy Boy is an actual toy. :naughty:

totally agree with you, it´s only an Image, one foot Boy has a total different meaning :wink2:

You guys have a good point. Mika would probably want us to think about OFB however we please, and just enjoy the song. So now I have an image in my head of a one foot tall Tiny Tim creature with one foot. Which is really quite amusing. And by Tiny Tim I mean the Dickens kid, and not the creepy 60's guy with the ukelele.

Wow! Thank you! It is interesting! Would you please tell me where it this picture from? The album booklet?

This one is from the PDF with the illustrated lyrics. But the same newspaper clip is in the booklet, too.

I don't think either that this song is meant to be literal at all.

You guys have a good point. Mika would probably want us to think about OFB however we please, and just enjoy the song. So now I have an image in my head of a one foot tall Tiny Tim creature with one foot. Which is really quite amusing. And by Tiny Tim I mean the Dickens kid, and not the creepy 60's guy with the ukelele.

11 stone is 150 pounds so not so tiny. :naughty:

I think that there's a huge difference between "what inspired the song?" and "what does the song MEAN?" And for this song especially I think that's true. :)

I've always thought that "one foot boy eleven stone" refers to a stone boy of 11 y.o that it's sitting on his shoulder telling him what to do, a character from his imagination as Dr. John