German interview

Droopsy

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the online translater did well, just some sentences came out out a bit odd, so here's my version. Not very smooth, but I didn't want to accidentally change anything - as it is a re-translation already.

Thank you V_S. That makes so much more sense. And thanks Droopsy for posting it.

....but it says 'Darling' in the original text, too..:blink:

I can imagine him starting his reply with 'oh dear' and that being misinterpreted but 'Darling' sounds like.... (:naughty:)

As for the first sexual experience story I am not sure whether to believe that ( after his thoughts on the length of his relationships...etc) but didn't he also suggest in interview that Love Today is supposed to reflect the way he felt after his first experience of that kind? And Love Today is a pretty happy song..:biggrin2:

Which interview was that? I don't think I've ever heard that.

I remember a very short interview, where he said he didn’t know to drive; didn’t he use the word darling there?

:blink:

...I don't know, I can't remember... if he did say that I will need to find it.

I want to hear it with my own ears:biggrin2:

I use terms of endearment quite a lot lol.

..but this one is so ....'granny-like'...:naughty:

Which interview was that? I don't think I've ever heard that.

maybe it was an article, but most definitely early on, in 2007. He was talking about how he felt about being loved as a teenager - the kind of extatic feeling he felt and how he behaved afterwards on London buses :teehee:.. or something along these lines. I can't remember all the details. :dunno:

about the questions about "nice" and "darling"... the latter could've been any similar word like "hun" or "love", which they couldn't find a better translation for than "darling". maybe he uses words like this when the interviewer is someone you'd call that, sweet, petite, maybe a bit shy... that's only my interpretation though. :bleh:

and the "i did it the nice way" - the way they translated it into german, it could've also been something like "dear"/"endearing" instead of "nice". well, we'll never know what word he in fact used... :rolls_eyes:

maybe it was an article, but most definitely early on, in 2007. He was talking about how he felt about being loved as a teenager - the kind of extatic feeling he felt and how he behaved afterwards on London buses :teehee:.. or something along these lines. I can't remember all the details. :dunno:

OK, I definitely don't remember that description! Does it ring any bells with anyone else?

about the questions about "nice" and "darling"... the latter could've been any similar word like "hun" or "love", which they couldn't find a better translation for than "darling". maybe he uses words like this when the interviewer is someone you'd call that, sweet, petite, maybe a bit shy... that's only my interpretation though. :bleh:

and the "i did it the nice way" - the way they translated it into german, it could've also been something like "dear"/"endearing" instead of "nice". well, we'll never know what word he in fact used... :rolls_eyes:

Yeah, translation back and forth is really tricky, you tend to lose or change a bit of value of the words!

Lost in translation!:naughty:

He says 'love' though, not 'darling'....:biggrin2:..

( I mean, that would have been so FM like :naughty:)

?

And here we go again, queen of shortenings!:huglove:

thanks for posting droopsy and thanks for translating violet:thumb_yello:

it's a really nice interview. just like mana wrote i wish too that this was a tv interview and not a magazine one.

really love what he said about throwing your complexes overboard and disliking stereotype thinking.

thanks for that! i knew that he played in cabaret but i've never seen this site before!

:roftl:

FM means Freddie Mercury. :wink2: I thought someone with a username Fmbm would know - sorry to be inconsiderate about the others:naughty:

:biggrin2:

*you probably get the best interview darling!*

Strange but a little cute too!:roftl:

Someone already said that he said darling in the lowlands interview, here it is:
at about 2:38 he says it, but the interviewer starts calling him darling.

Oh the interview where he runs out with the champagne bottle and has that cute and embaressed look on his face when comes back!:wub2:

Someone already said that he said darling in the lowlands interview, here it is:
at about 2:38 he says it, but the interviewer starts calling him darling.

He was provoked to say that:teehee:

Thanks!

It was great to re-listen.:thumb_yello:

I know. Nice is not the right word at all IMO, but I couldn't think of the right one. The only alternative would have been 'kind and fine' :kaf: (but I don't think it was what he said. :lmfao:)

I know. Nice is not the right word at all IMO, but I couldn't think of the right one. The only alternative would have been 'kind and fine' :kaf: (but I don't think it was what he said. :lmfao:)

*insert wide-open, expected joke about Mika doing it the kind and fine way*

:mf_boff::kaf:

LOL, do you think Mika was that excited? :roftl:

Mika: OH EM GEE I'M SO EXCITED! Let's stick it in the first hole I find! Oh look, there's one!

LOL, do you think Mika was that excited? :roftl:

Mika: OH EM GEE I'M SO EXCITED! Let's stick it in the first hole I find! Oh look, there's one!

I'm really shocked about the both of you. :shocked:

:lmfao: