German interview

Droopsy

I translated it with google again but it didn't work so well so some help is appreciated :blush-anim-cl:

-------------------------------------------

[/url]

1249304780.jpg

INTERVIEW: MIKA: GANZ OHNE KOMPLEXE!

Vom buntesten aller Popstars zum pubertierenden Goldjungen: „Grace Kelly“-Sänger Mika meldet sich mit einem Album über seine Teenagerjahre zurück: „The Boy Who Knew Too Much“. Und blu erzählte er von seinem „ersten Mal“!

MIKA, WO DU DOCH GERADE EINEN BLAZER IN REGENBOGENFARBEN TRÄGST: IST DAS JETZT DEIN COMING-OUT?

Mika: (lacht) Was bedeutet schon ein Coming-out? Für wen macht man so was? Und warum überhaupt? Damit Leute genau wissen, wann du mit wem im Bett warst? Dieses Album erzählt von meiner Pubertät. Eine der wichtigsten Entdeckungen dabei ist die Sexualität – das Ausprobieren, wie du glücklich wirst. Aber dabei ging es nie um Labels.

WIE WAR DENN DEIN ERSTES MAL?

Mika: Ha! Es hatte was von: „Lass es uns jetzt tun, so wie sie es im Film machen.“ Ich glaube, ich habe mich OK dabei angestellt. So ganz auf die liebe Art. Danach machte ich allerdings furchtbare Erfahrungen. Aber besser so als andersrum.

KONNTEST DU DICH ALS TEENAGER GUT IM SPIEGEL ANGUCKEN?

Mika: Nein, überhaupt nicht. Ich mochte nichts an mir. Ich wollte einen muskulöseren Body. Ich wollte all das, was ich nicht hatte, so wie vermutlich jeder verdammte andere Mensch auf dem Planeten. Heute ist meine Attitüde: Scheiß drauf! Ich habe zu „We Are Golden“ ein Video gedreht, in dem ich nur in Unterwäsche und goldenen Schuhen bekleidet vor dem Spiegel tanze – auf so ehrliche Art wie möglich. Sämtliche Komplexe über Bord zu werfen, gibt dir ein Gefühl von Stärke.

WARST DU ALS TEENAGER NOCH NERVIGER ALS JETZT?

Mika: (lacht) Darling, das hier ist doch nicht nervig! Aber ich bin stolz, wenn das, was ich tue, polarisiert. Als Teenager habe ich das nicht herausgefordert. Ich wollte geliebt werden und Teil einer Gruppe sein. Aber weil ich es nicht war, schrieb ich Popsongs. So konnte ich mir zumindest einbilden, beliebt zu sein.

GAB ES EIN SCHLÜSSELERLEBNIS?

Mika: In der Schule wurde ich als Schwuchtel gesehen. Deshalb mag ich auch kein Schubladendenken. Doch dann kam der Tag, an dem ich die Rolle des Zeremonienmeisters in einer Theater-Produktion von „Cabaret“ übernahm. Ich spielte das so überhöht und kontrovers, ich dachte, man würde mich nun endgültig vernichten. Aber es hatte genau den gegenteiligen Effekt: Die Leute, die sonst so gemein zu mir waren, sahen mir zu und applaudierten. Sie konnten nicht leugnen, dass ich gut war! Für mich war das fast ein Schock, mit der Erkenntnis: Oh mein Gott, du kannst zu deinen eigenen Bedingungen existieren!

DEINE SPAßIGE MUSIK KANN SCHON MAL DARÜBER HINWEGTÄUSCHEN, DASS DIE TEXTE MITUNTER DUNKEL SIND!

Mika: Das genau ist mein Trick. In meiner Pubertät spielte sich sämtliche Freude um die Musik herum ab. Musik ist also der fröhliche Platz. Die Texte hingegen repräsentieren die Realität. Zusammen ergibt das eine sehr genaue Beschreibung meines Teenagerlebens.

WANN HAT MIKA ZULETZT GEWEINT?

Mika: (überlegt lange) Es ist einige Wochen her. Und das sage ich jetzt, damit du weißt, dass ich immer noch weinen kann! Aber ich weine nicht häufig. Ich bin sehr tough, wenn es ums Weinen geht.

•Interview: Katja Schwemmers

--------------------------------------------------------

INTERVIEW: MIKA: WHOLE WITHOUT THE COMPLEX!

From pop stars to the brightest of all the pubescent boys gold: "Grace Kelly 'singer Mika reports back with an album of his teenage years:" The Boy Who Knew Too Much ". Blu and he talked about his "first time"!

MIKA WHERE YOU BUT JUST A JACKET IN RAINBOW COLORS CARRIER: IS NOW YOUR COMING OUT?

Mika: (laughs) What's in a coming-out? For whom do you do that? And why at all? So that people know exactly when you were in bed with whom? This album tells the story of my adolescence. One of the most important discoveries of this is the sex - that try as you will be happy. But while it was never about labels.

HOW WAS YOUR FIRST TIME SINCE?

Mika: Ha! There was something about: "Let us do it now, as they do in the movies." I think I've made this OK. So very dear to the Art After that, however, I did terrible experiences. But more so than the other way.

COULD YOU AS A TEENAGER IN THE MIRROR WATCH GOOD?

Mika: No, absolutely not. I liked nothing about me. I wanted a more muscular body. I did all the things I had not, as probably every other damn person on the planet. Today is my attitude: **** it! I have turned to "We Are Golden," a video in which I was only in underwear and wearing golden shoes to dance in front of the mirror - to such an honest way as possible. All complexes throw overboard, gives you a feeling of strength.

WERE YOU AS A TEENAGER STILL NERVIG THAN NOW?

Mika: (laughs) Darling, that is here but not annoying! But I'm proud if what I do is polarized. As a teenager, I have not challenged this. I wanted to be loved and be part of a group. But because I was not, I was writing pop songs. So I could at least imagine to be popular.

THERE WAS A KEY EXPERIENCE?

Mika: At school I was seen as a fag. So I like no "box." But then came the day when I took over the role of master of ceremonies in a theater production of "Cabaret." I played so excessive, and controversial, I thought it would destroy me once and for all. But it had precisely the opposite effect: The people who were otherwise so mean to me, looked at me and applauded. They could not deny that I was good! For me this was almost a shock with the realization: Oh my God, you can exist on your own terms!

Fun KNOW YOUR MUSIC IS TIME testifying obscure THAT THE TEXTS ARE OFTEN DARK!

Mika: That is exactly my trick. In my adolescence took place all the joy from around the music. The music is so cheerful place. The lyrics however, represent the reality. Together they create a very accurate description of my teenage life.

RECENTLY WHEN HAS MIKA crying?

Mika: (long thought) It was several weeks ago. And I say this now, so you know that I can still cry! But I do not cry often. I am very tough when it comes to wines.

• Interview: Katja Schwemmer

http://www.blu.fm/subsites/detail.php?kat=gesellschaft,people,entertainment&id=2722

--------------------------------

Btw, there are nice pictures:thumb_yello:

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thx for posting :wink2:

"HOW WAS YOUR FIRST TIME SINCE?

Mika: Ha! There was something about: "Let us do it now, as they do in the movies." I think I've made this OK. So very dear to the Art After that, however, I did terrible experiences. But more so than the other way." :naughty:

Cant get my eyes of that pic :swoon:

Edited by Dark Angel

T4P Droopsy!!

its really interesting!

he makes me think and is able to give me strength :blush-anim-cl:

love him for this! :wub2:

COULD YOU AS A TEENAGER IN THE MIRROR WATCH GOOD?

Mika: No, absolutely not. I liked nothing about me. I wanted a more muscular body. I did all the things I had not, as probably every other damn person on the planet. Today is my attitude: **** it! I have turned to "We Are Golden," a video in which I was only in underwear and wearing golden shoes to dance in front of the mirror - to such an honest way as possible. All complexes throw overboard, gives you a feeling of strength.

THERE WAS A KEY EXPERIENCE?

Mika: At school I was seen as a fag. So I like no "box." But then came the day when I took over the role of master of ceremonies in a theater production of "Cabaret." I played so excessive, and controversial, I thought it would destroy me once and for all. But it had precisely the opposite effect: The people who were otherwise so mean to me, looked at me and applauded. They could not deny that I was good! For me this was almost a shock with the realization: Oh my God, you can exist on your own terms!

RECENTLY WHEN HAS MIKA crying?

Mika: (long thought) It was several weeks ago. And I say this now, so you know that I can still cry! But I do not cry often. I am very tough when it comes to wines.

I think the online translater did well, just some sentences came out out a bit odd, so here's my version. Not very smooth, but I didn't want to accidentally change anything - as it is a re-translation already.

Complex-free MIKA

From most colorful of all popstars to pubescent golden boy: Grace Kelly singer MIKA is back with an album about his teenage years: ‘The Boy Who Knew Too Much’. And he told blu about his first time.

MIKA, AS YOU ARE WEARING A RAINBOW COLOURED JACKET: IS THIS YOUR COMING-OUT?

Mika: (laughing) What’s in a coming out? For whom would you do that? And why? For everyone to know when you’ve been in bed with whom? This album is the story of my adolescence. Sexuality is one of the most important discoveries you make during that time – finding out what makes you happy. That was never about labels.

WHAT ABOUT YOUR FIRST TIME?

Mika: Ha! It was like: ‘Let’s do it like they do in the movies’ I think I did okay. I did it the nice way (and here I wonder very much what he really said). However, after that I had horrible experiences. But this was better than the other way round.

DID YOU LIKE WHAT YOU SAW IN THE MIRROR WHEN YOU WERE A TEENAGER?

Mika: Not at all! I didn’t like anything about myself. I wanted my body to be more muscular. I wanted everything I didn’t have, just like probably every other darn (probably he said the f word here) human on the planet. Today my approach is: F*ck it! I made a video for ‘We Are Golden’, that shows me dancing in front of the mirror, wearing nothing but underwear and golden shoes – the most honest way possible. Throwing all your complexes over board makes you feel powerful.

AS A TEENAGER, WERE YOU EVEN MORE ANNOYING THAN NOW?

Mika: (laughing) darling, all this is not annoying at all! But I’m proud to polarise with what I do. As a teenager I didn’t challenge that. I wanted to be loved and accepted as part of a group. I wasn’t, so I wrote pop songs. At least that way I could imagine to be popular.

WAS THERE A KEY EXPERIENCE?

Mika: At school I was considered a fag. This is why I don’t like stereotype thinking. But then one day I got the part of emcee in a theatre production of ‘Cabaret’. I played him so excessive and controversial that I thought it had to destroy me once and for all. But it had precisely the opposite effect: The people who had been so mean to me, looked at me and applauded. They could not deny that I was good! For me this was almost a shock to realize: Oh my God, you can exist on your own terms!

AT TIMES YOUR FUN MUSIC COVERS THE DARKNESS OF THE LYRICS

Mika: That is exactly my trick. During my adolescence music was the source of my joy. Music is the happy place. The lyrics however, represent reality. Together they create a very precise description of my teenage life.

WHEN DID MIKA CRY FOR THE LAST TIME?

Mika: (thinking) It was several weeks ago. And I say this now, so you know that I can still cry! But I do not cry often. I am very tough when it comes to whining. (:naughty:)

Tks v_s! :flowers2:

love the intelligent way he answers this question

MIKA, AS YOU ARE WEARING A RAINBOW COLOURED JACKET: IS THIS YOUR COMING-OUT?

Mika: (laughing) What’s in a coming out? For whom would you do that? And why? For everyone to know when you’ve been in bed with whom? This album is the story of my adolescence. Sexuality is one of the most important discoveries you make during that time – finding out what makes you happy. That was never about labels.

:woot_jump:

Thanks for both Droopsy :flowers2: and Violet_Sky :flowers2:

:shocked:

I can't believe he called her 'darling'..:roftl:

I can't believe what he apparently said about his first sexual experience. I would like to know if that interviewer has a thing for him. I totally don't see him say something like that. German translations always seem so wrong. :roftl:

We should translate that thing another few times back and forth and see what will come out of it. :teehee:

I can't believe what he apparently said about his first sexual experience. I would like to know if that interviewer has a thing for him. I totally don't see him say something like that. German translations always seem so wrong. :roftl:

We should translate that thing another few times back and forth and see what will come out of it. :teehee:

:lmfao:

I find that print articles always have to be taken with a grain of salt, and even more so when there's a translation involved. :bleh:

I much prefer TV interviews, where you can see the exact words he used and also his expressions and body language when speaking.

That said, for some reason I'm kind of fascinated by this. Is it wrong that I hope a TV interviewer will bring up this line of questioning with him in the future? :blush-anim-cl:

I do love the idea of him having had a positive first experience. Like it's any of my business, but still, I think that's important. :naughty:

Thanks for translating! :flowers2:

Edited by lollipop_monkey

Lovely interview, very.. Interesting:biggrin2:

Now... What is the "nice way" to do it, Mika?:naughty:

And is the other way around the bad way?...

I think it's nice that he had a good first experience. And it's surprising that he talked about it:naughty:

I like this answer:

What’s in a coming out? For whom would you do that? And why? For everyone to know when you’ve been in bed with whom? This album is the story of my adolescence. Sexuality is one of the most important discoveries you make during that time – finding out what makes you happy. That was never about labels.

And I don't like stereotype thinking either, at all.

....but it says 'Darling' in the original text, too..:blink:

I can imagine him starting his reply with 'oh dear' and that being misinterpreted but 'Darling' sounds like.... (:naughty:)

As for the first sexual experience story I am not sure whether to believe that ( after his thoughts on the length of his relationships...etc) but didn't he also suggest in interview that Love Today is supposed to reflect the way he felt after his first experience of that kind? And Love Today is a pretty happy song..:biggrin2:

As for the first sexual experience story I am not sure whether to believe that ( after his thoughts on the length of his relationships...etc) but didn't he also suggest in interview that Love Today is supposed to reflect the way he felt after his first experience of that kind? And Love Today is a pretty happy song..:biggrin2:

I'm getting the sense that what's meant by "I think I did okay, I did it the nice way" is that his very first encounter was good, but that some of his experiences that followed weren't so nice...?

I don't know. :dunno:

However, I quite like the idea of him having had a nice first experience, so until he turns up here in the related thread and tells us one way or the other, I think I'm going to hang out in my happy bubble believing that. :blush-anim-cl: