Mika in Chicago, IL at Riviera Theater

lollipop_monkey

• Replies 327
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ohh next one in the breezy / windy city?

Windy?

:thumb_yello:

Wow your post just made us freak.

Okay so we are done for today. Student teaching was enough excitement for me. Now we are definately running around like clowns on purpose.

Going to our Dad's tonight. We will be without computer access (because he doesn't have one.....:blink:) Anyways, I didn't think about giving you all our phone number so you could text us. Kind of late now. Either way we'll see you all tomorrow.:biggrin2::biggrin2:

Haley & Megan

Hi all,

I am taking my 10 year old to the Riv show, I am so excited! I love to make huge fan banners, and was CONSIDERING putting one together for tomorrow...but what should it say? there is always the failsafe "MIKA!" type stuff, but are there any good song references you can think of?

Also...I have found that saying things along the lines of "WE LOVE YOU" or any LOVE stuff tends to be a more difficult hanging...It's strange but many "guys" will hesitate if it says anything that they feel could even slightly, um, misrepresent their er, interests...if you know what I mean. :rolls_eyes:

any ideas?

Cheers!

:teehee:

Like really? 24 hours?:wub2:

I will go and wait in line alone, but two of my friends are meeting me *my gay husbands* later on. My family:my cousin, and two sisters (ones pregnant lol) will be sitting in the balcany. I swear a Mika gig is an EVENT :mf_lustslow:

So ready, will be there by 1:30. whooooooooooo. And I'm just bringing the album for him to sign *if he comes out* and damn right, I'll be tweeting him :naughty:

Omg you guys are seriously making me so excited about this concert. Ah!!!

You guys are gonna be there soooooooo early. I'm jealous. I have a class that day so I can't be there that early. If anything I'll get there around 5:30. D:

Hopefully there won't be to many people before the time my friends and I get there. I have to be in the front as wellll!! Haha.

So I'll see you guys there I guess. ah!

This isn't my first Mika concert. I've been to the other two. This one makes threeee! Yay! :D

I'm nervous. Why am I nervous? Haha.

Okay okay. Calm done emily. :)

I'm pretty sure it's because it's right off Lake Michigan and the wind from across the lake blows right into the middle of the city.

The following "windy city" explanation is from the Freeborn County Standard of Albert Lea, Minnesota, on November 20, 1892[2]:

“ Chicago has been called the “windy” city, the term being used metaphorically to make out that Chicagoans were braggarts. The city is losing this reputation, for the reason that as people got acquainted with it they found most of her claims to be backed up by facts. As usual, people go to extremes in this thing also, and one can tell a stranger almost anything about Chicago today and feel that he believes it implicitly.

The following "windy city" explanation is from the Freeborn County Standard of Albert Lea, Minnesota, on November 20, 1892[2]:

“ Chicago has been called the “windy” city, the term being used metaphorically to make out that Chicagoans were braggarts. The city is losing this reputation, for the reason that as people got acquainted with it they found most of her claims to be backed up by facts. As usual, people go to extremes in this thing also, and one can tell a stranger almost anything about Chicago today and feel that he believes it implicitly.

Just kidding! hahaa My roommate agreed with me too... fail.

Hi all,

I am taking my 10 year old to the Riv show, I am so excited! I love to make huge fan banners, and was CONSIDERING putting one together for tomorrow...but what should it say? there is always the failsafe "MIKA!" type stuff, but are there any good song references you can think of?

Also...I have found that saying things along the lines of "WE LOVE YOU" or any LOVE stuff tends to be a more difficult hanging...It's strange but many "guys" will hesitate if it says anything that they feel could even slightly, um, misrepresent their er, interests...if you know what I mean. :rolls_eyes:

any ideas?

Cheers!

hello!

'we are golden' would be a good one.... or "MFC"

I'm just bringing some blank felt & markers & see what we come up with in line!

see you there tomorrow-

and welcome to MFC!

Leona

If it makes you feel any better, I'm not packed either... I can't decide what to wear!!! I was going to wear white jeans but of course, of course, I can't risk it right now. I have a bunch of different options and I hope I can check in early otherwise I'm s.o.l.

AARGH!!! Focus on what's important.... Mika tickets? Check. $$? Check. Everything else is gravy...

No, it's what I would call middle...central. I don't know why it's so windy. I'm guessing it has to do with the fact there are no mountains around to block anything. I'm not sure on the sea level either. I'm in Colorado and we are high...over a kilometer high is Denver (aka "the Mile High City"..). We get real strong wind when it wips along the mountains..it picked my son up one time I was walking him to school, I was holding his hand and he was off the ground.

Awwww thanks for that , I do like to be educated now and again :biggrin2:

Have a fabby time everyone :thumb_yello: