MIKA in London - Popstarz Live @ The Scala

Christine

• Replies 446
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Again ... just wanted to say I paid for early-checkin .... midday ... so if anyone wants to dump stuff in room ... whether roommate or not ... your welcome too :thumb_yello:

It's just around the corner literally from the Scala :wub2:

Again ... just wanted to say I paid for early-checkin .... midday ... so if anyone wants to dump stuff in room ... whether roommate or not ... your welcome too :thumb_yello:

what if one person dumps their stuff, goes out for some reason, and then another person wants to dump their stuff but the person who got their first has the keys? :lmfao:

That's really kind Laurel, I'm staying at the other Travellodge at Kings Cross but it's booked in Viv's name so it depends on what time she's planning to arrive but I might take you up on that!

My coach arrives at Victoria at 13.50 I think...

what if one person dumps their stuff, goes out for some reason, and then another person wants to dump their stuff but the person who got their first has the keys? :lmfao:

Well I think they only give you one keycard ... but as I'm only planning on being nearish the venue or at the hotel - I should be around to either give someone the keycard or go with them so they can dump their stuff .... hotel is only about 5 mins from the Scals ... so shouldn't be a problem :thumb_yello:

Yeah ... they're not very forthcoming with things ... the last time I stayed at a travelodge in a Family Room ... I had to go down and ask for bedding ffs ... lol ... you'd think if they know you've booked for 3 people ... they might supply the bloody basics :lmfao:

Damn... Wish there was some place where i could stay till monday!

But hope ya all will have lots of fun :thumb_yello:

and kt4mika... Hope you're still up for the other plan we have :wink2: (meet up another day for fun)

Edited by Dark Angel

Well I think they only give you one keycard ... but as I'm only planning on being nearish the venue or at the hotel - I should be around to either give someone the keycard or go with them so they can dump their stuff .... hotel is only about 5 mins from the Scals ... so shouldn't be a problem :thumb_yello:

what time are you hoping to arrive? I could drop my stuff off in the room and then go off with Danika and crew, as I'm planning to spend some time with them..unless everyone is hanging out together?

i'd definitely be there if he wasn't in munich 2 days later. though i'll kick myself if i don't get a ticket for munich and just could've bought one for london!

have fun everyone who's going. :original:

what time are you hoping to arrive? I could drop my stuff off in the room and then go off with Danika and crew, as I'm planning to spend some time with them..unless everyone is hanging out together?

About 10.30am .... well in London ... Then I need to hop on the tube ... so probably about 11.00am :biggrin2:

About 10.30am .... well in London ... Then I need to hop on the tube ... so probably about 11.00am :biggrin2:

Cool! I'll try and get there at the same time.

How big is this club? How many people do you think will fit in the room? Not thousands... A couple hundred? I think this one will be the smallest Mika gig I've seen. :shocked::biggrin2:

Wow! Now I'm DEFINITELY looking forward to it! All the Mika gigs I've been to has held thousands!

EDIT: holds 1, 145! Smallest gig I'll have been to!

Where did you find the info? It's the smallest gig for me too. Sadler's Wells held about 1500, didn't it? :teehee:

Facilities

Scala is a beautiful multi-purpose venue in the regenerated King’s Cross area, on the north side of central London. The building incorporates four main floors and accommodates events for as many as 1,145 people. There are three bars, 2 dance floors and a stage for live performances. There is a cloakroom on the first floor.

http://www.scala-london.co.uk/scala/aboutus.php

03 Main room & stage

Oak dance floor, projection screens and stage suitable for live performances, boasting a sophisticated 25k Turbosound. The stage is approximately 50 metres square with direct access to twin dressing rooms. Other features include a DJ and live mixing booth, a retractable stage cinema screen (3.6 x 2.7 metres), a slide projection screen (7 x 3 metres) and a new lighting rig for 2004. The tiered dance floor provides excellent stage visibility. The red staircase leads upward from the dance floor to both the Glass bar and Balcony bar.

http://www.scala-london.co.uk/scala/venuedesc.php

Facilities

Scala is a beautiful multi-purpose venue in the regenerated King’s Cross area, on the north side of central London. The building incorporates four main floors and accommodates events for as many as 1,145 people. There are three bars, 2 dance floors and a stage for live performances. There is a cloakroom on the first floor.

http://www.scala-london.co.uk/scala/aboutus.php

03 Main room & stage

Oak dance floor, projection screens and stage suitable for live performances, boasting a sophisticated 25k Turbosound. The stage is approximately 50 metres square with direct access to twin dressing rooms. Other features include a DJ and live mixing booth, a retractable stage cinema screen (3.6 x 2.7 metres), a slide projection screen (7 x 3 metres) and a new lighting rig for 2004. The tiered dance floor provides excellent stage visibility. The red staircase leads upward from the dance floor to both the Glass bar and Balcony bar.

http://www.scala-london.co.uk/scala/venuedesc.php

thanks so much for the info!

Yes Marianne, I think Sadler's Wells held about that much.

EDIT: JESUS!!! THIS IS THE STAGE APPARENTLY!!!! It's hardly even raised!!!!!!!!! http://www.lmcaudio.co.uk/news/uploads/scala2.JPG

:shocked::shocked:

:woot_jump:

thanks so much for the info!

Yes Marianne, I think Sadler's Wells held about that much.

EDIT: JESUS!!! THIS IS THE STAGE APPARENTLY!!!! It's hardly even raised!!!!!!!!! http://www.lmcaudio.co.uk/news/uploads/scala2.JPG

:shocked::shocked:

:woot_jump:

Excited much ..... gah ..... :woot_jump:

So so so so so so so so so so so so looking forward to this ..... :boing: