2009 - MIKA @ Popstarz Live @ The Scala, London 11-09 - REPORTS, PHOTOS, VIDS

Blue Sky

• Replies 693
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Awww you should! We're quite nice :-)

:teehee: I was actually stood a few rows behind you caz, (before i moved position) i did exchange a brief smile with you..im not sure if you saw me.:teehee:. I know you guys are really nice...but im just mega shy :blush-anim-cl:. I did speak to sara though!! :biggrin2:

I see videos of this gig, it's strange because someone said in this tread that Mika speak about Postarz, but he just tell that he came in this club when he was a teenager and blablabla but he never told on this vid that it was popstarz. When popstarz was create Mika wasn't a teenager.

:teehee: I was actually stood a few rows behind you caz, (before i moved position) i did exchange a brief smile with you..im not sure if you saw me.:teehee:. I know you guys are really nice...but im just mega shy :blush-anim-cl:. I did speak to sara though!! :biggrin2:

Oh really? I don't know what you look like, maybe if I saw a picture it would ring a bell...:naughty:

I see videos of this gig, it's strange because someone said in this tread that Mika speak about Postarz, but he just tell that he came in this club when he was a teenager and blablabla but he never told on this vid that it was popstarz. When popstarz was create Mika wasn't a teenager.

In my video he says he's been going to this club since he was 15. You have to wind on a bit though lol

(at 7mins 45secs)

Edited by CazGirl

I think you are mixing it up with something else? The Popstarz that Mika is talking about is a gay club night which has been held in various clubs in London including Scala for at least 8 years.

Ok im going to write a report. i will try to keep it brief...which means it will probably become a essay, but i will see how it goes.

My friend and I arrived at the venue at about 10:30. We didnt want to arrive too early, and had no wish to be in the front row. This did mean that we got a chance to actually look around the club and get a few drinks. The club had three rooms i think. But OMG it was like a rabbit warren. The glass bar was really cool, with windows out onto the stage, and it was abit quieter up there. The main room with the stage i loved. It had loads of different levels, to allow people to be able to view the stage, even if they were at the back. There was also another room at the very top, which was very spacious, but when we went up there it was full of guys. (we didn't stay in that room very long).

we wernt too concerned where we stood for this gig, wanting the regulars instead to have a good position. At one point we stood just off center but were forced to move due to a large group of really unpleasant american's, whose sole intention was to push us out of the way!. We are of course used to pushing at concerts but they all had their whole weight pushing on us. In the end we gave up and found a good spot to the side. Im pleased we moved though, we got a much better view.

Well mika came on, and as always he was amazing!! he really seemed like he was having the time of his life. Happy ending was unbelievable :wub2:.And the sequins on his face were brill. There were two guys behind me who i ended up dancing and jumping with, they knew all the words!!

Stage invasion was great too. However if it wasnt for the security guys stopping people coming on the stage (me and my friend just got through) there would of been loads of people on the stage. It may of got nasty:boxed:. But it all turned out ok, which is the main thing.

Overall i had a great time. Most of the people there were very polite and didn't mind a bunch of girls invading their club.:teehee:.

Night Bus was fine (we got a seat!!) how was it for you jazzy??. Got back home at 4am, but mika was totally worth it :wub2:

P.S did anyone see the three guys dressed as a sailor, policeman and cowboy :teehee: and also the guy with with the marge simpson hair :naughty::blink:

I think you are mixing it up with something else? The Popstarz that Mika is talking about is a gay club night which has been held in various clubs in London including Scala for at least 8 years.

8 years ago Mika have 18 not 15. Mika wasn't speaking about popstarz night he was speaking about the nightclub The End.

Same! I've made my video, but not submitting it until next week in case I make last minute changes, but this is basically it:

Wow:jawdrop:OMG you are sooo creative. I think we've got a winner:thumb_yello: Could you pls tape the private acoustic show for us, talent deprived people?:wink2:

I have uploaded 3 vids, I have more but I am trying to make a WAG vid and I am poop at it so I will never get it finished.

This vid annoys me when I see those 2 girls chasing him around the stage, they CAN'T be MFCers cos the MFCers I see up there are just dancing about and leaving him alone (well MOST of them).

LOLLIPOP

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EyjJGq4gLm0&feature=channel_page

BIOTG

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CRCXyewbtZw

RELAX

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xWhpybkuT3w&feature=channel_page

Edited by sparkly1

I have uploaded 3 vids, I have more but I am trying to make a WAG vid and I am poop at it so I will never get it finished.

This vid annoys me when I see those 2 girls chasing him around the stage, they CAN'T be MFCers cos the MFCers I see up there are just dancing about and leaving him alone (well MOST of them).

Their behavior on stage doesn't surprise me though. Those two girls were absolutely hysterical throughout the whole gig. They were jumping and waving madly whenever mika was at our side of the stage. It did get very annoying. And to see their behavior on stage make me even more angry :mad3:. Stupid Girls!!!

I was actually stood a few rows behind you caz, (before i moved position) i did exchange a brief smile with you..im not sure if you saw me.:teehee:. I know you guys are really nice...but im just mega shy :blush-anim-cl:. I did speak to sara though!! :biggrin2:

Yes! I was really glad that we did and lovely to meet you, if even for such a short while!

And now, hearing that you didn't speak to anyone else, I feel honoured for the privilege :roftl:.

He definitely said that he was going to the "popstarz nights" since he was 15. It's also on one of my videos from that night, crystal clear. He even mentions his mum being there for the first time "at f*cking Popstarz"

www.youtube.com/user/saragiro

In my video he says he's been going to this club since he was 15. You have to wind on a bit though lol

(at 7mins 45secs)

Exactly!

Yes! I was really glad that we did and lovely to meet you, if even for such a short while!

And now, hearing that you didn't speak to anyone else, I feel honoured for the privilege :roftl:.

He definitely said that he was going to the "popstarz nights" since he was 15. It's also on one of my videos from that night, crystal clear. He even mentions his mum being there for the first time "at f*cking Popstarz"

www.youtube.com/user/saragiro

Exactly!

yes I have it at the end of MY RELAX video i just posted too.

Edited by sparkly1

Well :blush-anim-cl:i just wanted to thank you personally for offering the tickets. It was nice to meet you too :biggrin2:

8 years ago Mika have 18 not 15. Mika wasn't speaking about popstarz night he was speaking about the nightclub The End.

You obviously listened a lot more closely than me. I was too busy enjoying the show.

I wouldn't be at all surprised if he embellished the truth though, would you?

Well :blush-anim-cl:i just wanted to thank you personally for offering the tickets. It was nice to meet you too :biggrin2:

OOHHHHH YOU'RE FROM ESSEX!!! More people from Essex are joining this fanclub more than ever :roftl::roftl:

Hello my Essex sister, where 'bouts you from? :naughty:

LOLLIPOP

SWEET EFFING JESUS thank God security were there to prize them away from the flippin' piano, and they were feeling his hair and not letting go of his hand OMFG, who do they think they are?!?! MIKA IS JUST A GUY!!! Leave him the hell alone!!!!!!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EyjJGq4gLm0&feature=channel_page

What are they thinking?:shocked:

The girls when he's at the piano I mean of course!:boxed:

yes that is what annoyed me, it looks like security were trying to keep them away but I could be wrong, it could have been to protect the equipment or Mika or even themselves cos lets face it, if anyone got hurt there would be hell on and it could be very expensive all round, and I STILL think that although he was smiling at the end, his eyes made me think he wasn't smiling like he meant it.

Also you can see where my camera goes skywards as I lunge forwards along with everyone else to try to break his fall.

SWEET EFFING JESUS thank God security were there to prize them away from the flippin' piano, and they were feeling his hair and not letting go of his hand OMFG, who do they think they are?!?! MIKA IS JUST A GUY!!! Leave him the hell alone!!!!!!!!!

EXACTLY it's ALL there on vid and it's pretty irritating to watch.

Also if you slow it down you can see her acctually trying to PULL him backwards in HER direction and he is trying to pull his hand and arm away.

yes that is what annoyed me, it looks like security were trying to keep them away but I could be wrong, it could have been to protect the equipment or Mika or even themselves cos lets face it, if anyone got hurt there would be hell on and it could be very expensive all round, and I STILL think that although he was smiling at the end, his eyes made me think he wasn't smiling like he meant it.

Also you can see where my camera goes skywards as I lunge forwards along with everyone else to try to break his fall. [/size][/color]

yes i did, notice, that was manic. When it happened right in front of your eyes, I don't know about you but the fall seemed a lot slower, it was like it happened in slow motion. As soon as there was a whole crowd on stage just touching him I was shouting at them to leave him alone, not that they could hear me lol. If I was on stage I'd have been acting like security :aah:

I was horrified when I saw someone pick Mika up. I know he probably had good intentions, but straight away it was a bad idea. And on Sara's video when Mika starts to fall you can hear me shout "OH! MY! GOD!" and considering I was two people away from her and the whole crowd and band was going on I think that was pretty miraculous that I could be heard :aah: I too, like everyone else, stuck my hand out to try and save him, he was inches away from hitting his head on the barrier. Inches.

When I met him at the end I managed to ask him if he was okay and he replied "yeah!" as if it was no problem at all, but I was still really concerned. I wonder if he knew how close he was to hurting himself.

I noticed that as well. Jeez.

Ah well I guess this kind of thing happens to them, and the bigger he gets the more it will happen, at least they didn't mean him any harm I guess, they were just silly young girls who got carried away maybe.